PDA

View Full Version : 651 Epic Art

Lappy9000
2009-05-06, 10:00 PM
Wow...when the castle started rumbling, I actually started getting dizzy looking at the comic. Was anyone else likewise effected by Rich's amazing art?

Trodon
2009-05-06, 10:03 PM
Wow...when the castle started rumbling, I actually started getting dizzy looking at the comic. Was anyone else likewise effected by Rich's amazing art?

WOOT! first post
but yes i was amazed

Zeitgeist
2009-05-07, 01:53 AM
Actually, that scene really irritates my eyes, and I can't look at it very long.

Mordaedil
2009-05-07, 04:57 AM
Clever use of transparency layers.

Tass
2009-05-07, 05:32 AM
And now we know that Xykon has teeth all the way around his skull.

factotum
2009-05-07, 05:44 AM

I think that's just an artifact of the art style, and besides, we've seen it before.

Silverraptor
2009-05-07, 12:23 PM

I think that's just an artifact of the art style, and besides, we've seen it before.

Where have we seen Xykon from the back? If anyone can find it please post the link.

Haven
2009-05-07, 12:28 PM
I liked the penultimate panel! I think it'd be cool if the Giant experimented with style like that more often, moved the camera around a bit instead of just having it in the same "side-scrolling video game" viewpoint all the time.

Then again, maybe he should save it for epic moments like this. Still, variety would be nice.

As for Xykon's teeth--I assumed he's just missing that part of the skull. He also doesn't have jaw muscles or anything anymore, since his movement is totally magical as a lich.

Lappy9000
2009-05-07, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Xykons back was shown in Start of Darkness, and at least once in the web comic. There were also different perspectives in Start of Darkness.

David Argall
2009-05-07, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Xykons back was shown in Start of Darkness, and at least once in the web comic. There were also different perspectives in Start of Darkness.

SoD p. 75. teeth all the way around. In general Xykon follows the drama rule of facing the audience all the time.

Nimrod's Son
2009-05-08, 06:30 AM
I liked the penultimate panel! I think it'd be cool if the Giant experimented with style like that more often, moved the camera around a bit instead of just having it in the same "side-scrolling video game" viewpoint all the time.

Then again, maybe he should save it for epic moments like this. Still, variety would be nice.
He's done it plenty of times before. Elan and Thog jumping from the zeppelin springs to mind, as does Haley sending her note to Elan during the Azure City battle.

King of Nowhere
2009-05-08, 07:57 AM
The smoke rising from V's clothes and hair was impressive. It really gives the idea of powerful magic been used, and gives V a badass look.
Also, I liked how V kept his hands, like a gunmen in a western movie.

Eric O'Really
2009-05-08, 09:05 AM

or maybe we're just looking at the back of his teeth. :smallamused: