PDA

View Full Version : Collector of last breaths[Monster]

GolemsVoice
2006-08-09, 04:22 PM
This isnt realy worked out yet, it doesnt even have stats at all, its just an idea I had someday.

It is undead, something like a death knight.

Everytime it kills a person, the shadows of the last moments of this person are added to the Collector, who wears them like a cloak. Its a horrible enemy to face in battle, becaus once each fight he can release the spirits of his slain enemys to force a will saving throw for not being caught by those shadows and get insane (or kind of things).
Everytime he moves, shadows move with him, an sometimes, the last moments of a person will break free, to be shown again, each time with a shadowy Collecto finishing his prey.

What do you think of this idea?
What gamestats and feats would he have?
What would he look like? (I prefer something like Arthas from WIII)

Maybe you can help me develop a whole new monster to surprise my fellow gamers.

The Demented One
2006-08-09, 04:54 PM
Neat idea. If you like, I could get to work on statting it out.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-09, 05:03 PM
I think it'd look better as a Lich from WC3, except the icy mist be replaced with magical darkness, but it's your call. :)

The Demented One
2006-08-09, 06:08 PM
How's this work for you?

Taker of the Last Breath
Size/Type: Large Undead
Hit Dice: 16d12 (102 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft. in full plate, base speed 40 ft.
Armor Class: 25 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +8 full plate, +4 natural, +3 deflection), touch 13, flatfooted 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+22
Attack: +1 Greatsword +18 melee (2d8+11)
Full Attack: +1 Greatsword +18/+13 melee (2d8+11)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Steal the last breath
Special Qualities: Undead traits, darkvision 60 ft., DR 10/good, immunity to cold, cloak of lost souls
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +12
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 12, Con –, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills: Climb +25, Hide +15, Intimidate +25, Jump +25, Listen +20, Move Silently +20, Spot +20
Feats: Weapon Focus (Greatsword), Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Cleave, Ability Focus (Steal the Last Breath), Improved Initiative
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 16
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 17-24 HD (Large), 25-32 HD (Huge), 33-40 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: +4

Takers of the Last Breath are undead knights who take glee in dismembering their foes and devouring their souls. Takers are instinctively called to the site of any battle being waged for hateful purposes, and immediately join battle, inevitably becoming a common enemy for both sides of the fight...and almost inevitably winning. A Taker of the Last Breath is a commanding figure wearing dark black armor. Its face and hair are deathly pale, and its face is twisted in a constant sneer. A cloak made from the souls of its foes surrounds it, and their faces can occasionally be seen in it, writhing in pain.

Steal the Last Breath (Su)
Whenever a Taker of the Last Breath kills a creature, that creature must make a DC 24 Fort save. If it fails, its soul is absorbed into the Taker of the Last Breath’s cloak of lost souls. Only if the Taker of the Last Breath is killed, or if a wish or miracle is used to free the creature’s soul, can it be resurrected. The save is Charisma based. If a Taker successfully absorbs a foe’s soul, it gains 5 temporary hit points, which last 24 hours.

Cloak of Lost Souls (Su)
A Taker of the Last Breath is surrounded by a cloak made up of the souls of all it has killed. As long as it wears this cloak, it gains a +3 deflection bonus to armor class. As a standard action, the Taker may remove the cloak, allowing it to move on its own. The removed cloak may move on its own, 10 ft. each round, and it occupies a 10 x 10 space. The cloak may not move more than 100 ft. from the Taker. The cloak is an incorporeal cloak under the control of the Taker. It may not be attacked, and is immune to spell effects. Any creature that begins its turn in the cloak’s space must make a DC 22 Will save or go permanently insane. The save is Charisma based. As a standard action, a Taker may cause a removed cloak to dissipate and reform on his body.

Skills
A Taker of the Last Breath has a +10 racial bonus on Intimidate checks.

GolemsVoice
2006-08-10, 04:42 AM
Awesome! A great thank you for the fast help! He is some badass monster now, and exactly what I wanted.

The Demented One
2006-08-10, 09:31 AM
Glad to be of service. Is the CR on par with what your group can face? I could strengthen or weaken it as needed.

GolemsVoice
2006-08-10, 10:27 AM
My group meant, I'm part of it, not the GM. Right now, I would rather shave my hairy feet (Halflings are sooo cool!) than face my own creature, im "just" Level 12 at the moment. The others are only 11 or 12, too.
It was just an idea that came up my mind, but I didnt have the experience of creating a monster myself. But maybe, someday I will curse the day I invented the Taker, when he will be up for me....