PDA

View Full Version : GLoG XXIV: This Ain't No House of Cards

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lex-Kat
2009-05-07, 01:09 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers. All of our members are either good aligned or trying to become good.
To become a member PM either FF Fanboy, Haleyintraining[Leave of Absence], Happyturtle, Kaelaroth, Lex-kat, or Saint Nil.

##############################
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The PM requirement is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:

IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they are not of good alignment or if they cause trouble in character.
##############################

Also, before you join, read the Rules of the Spork (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4768413&postcount=489). If you are not a member, then when your character arrives, you will be outside the front door and must roleplay getting entry.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Alignment:
Desired Alignment:
Profession:
Race:
Any other important information:

Bulletin Board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108523)

Full Members list here. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/list-of-characters)

New GLoG HQ Map
Ground Floor

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGGroundFloor.png

Front Entrance - Where people go in.
Great Room - The main lounge.
Infirmary Wing - Only slightly more equipped than the average hospital. Expect to be here. A lot.
Member Quarters - Where people sleep. Rooms can be fully customized, and several times bigger on the inside than they really should be, due to dimensional mojo.
Gazebo - Step cautiously, and you may just survive.
Pool Area - Indoor Pool and Hot-tubs.
The Armory - If you can kill someone with it, it's there.
The Conservatory - Rare plant specimens abound!
Covered Walkways - Are Covered.

Basement 1

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGBasement.png

Water Works - A veritable mass of pipes.
The Vaults - Shiny...
The Labs - Beware the Mutant-Half-Were-Pirate-Zombie-Dog.
Detention Blocks - Totally humane, we swear! :smalleek:
Sparring Pits
Training Mats
Shooting Range
Obstacle Course Area - Over eleventy billion possible combinations!

Basement 2

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGSub-Basement.png

Secret Drone Factory - Completely Inaccessible. Who built it? SECRET! Who designed the drones? SECRET! How do the drones even get from the factory to the base if it's 'completely inaccessible' anyway? I SAID IT'S SECRET GODDAMIT!
Particle Accelerator - Why do we even have one of these? :smallconfused:

Old GLoG HQ Map
Great Room
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GreatRoomPlan.png

Portal between GLoG and Farthing Cottage. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111819) Requested by Kaelaroth.

If you have a question, please read our FAQ first, it may already have been answered:
FAQ:

What's the point? Isn't there already a good aligned organization? Why didn't you just join HALO?

OOC, we have nothing against HALO. (IC may be a different story.) However, we wanted an organization that only allows good-aligned members and focuses on the redemption of evildoers. If the real world can have multiple organizations for the purpose of doing good, we don't see why the forum can't hold more than one as well.

No seriously. Aren't you just a HALO clone?

Not intentionally. We have our own purpose and our own mission, which overlaps somewhat with HALO's, but is not identical.

Why don't you let anyone post in the main thread without PMing first?

OOC answer: Honestly, we tried it, and it was too chaotic to read.
IC answer: You don't let strangers wander into your house at all hours, do you? We just want to know who is in our house.

Still, it seems awfully rude. You've offended a lot of people.

We're sorry. We didn't mean to. :smallfrown:

What's the point of the visitor's centre?

We still want to play nicely with others! So we set up the visitor's centre thread to provide an IC access port.

Are you part of the Town? Or are you in an extra dimension?

We didn't really know at first, but when AMEN contacted us, it seemed clear that we inhabited some sort of reality with AMEN and HALO. Which means we aren't Town. I think. (Really, we're making this up as we go along!)

New answer: Everyone's a part of the town, but the rules are different here, Town laws do not apply. ACRONYM rules do. So respect the rules, and we will all get along just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Will you be interacting with the other groups?

Yes, but we haven't worked out the mechanics yet. We're officially at war with AMEN, but we don't want random fighting going on in our headquarters. So we might be setting up a war thread or a plot thread or something, but we don't know yet.

As far as HALO goes, we have no formal ties with them, though there is some membership overlap, and we're currently in discussions. IC, some of us have formed a negative opinion of HALO. It doesn't mean we have a problem with you OOC. (Honestly, Turtle isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and she's very defensive about being a former evildoer.)

We interact with other groups quite a lot, though the war with AMEN has come to an end.

GLoG is a pretty silly name, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is. One of our founding members used to belong to the Evil League of Evil (If you haven't heard of it, google 'Dr Horrible'), so when she turned good, it seemed reasonable to form the Good League of Good.

Artifact Vault - Set next to the Armory, this is where GLoG's major artifacts are stored. The door is DNA locked to members only.
The Brightheart
The Brightheart is a plain orb, set upon a stone plinth labeled 'The Brightheart'. Also on the plinth is a note that says:
'Do Not Remove. Ever. No, not even then. (But maybe then.)'
The Brightheart itself glows with inner light, and throws up a positive energy blanket of moderate strength (heals most surface wounds, and makes undead sick) a few meters in radius. Touching the Brightheart results in having a large amount of positive energy run through you (heals all wounds, and drives undead to near death). Inside the plinth itself is a gate to the Negative Energy realm, which draws off the excess positive energy from the Brightheart. Should the Brightheart be removed, and taken away from the base without the necessary preparations being made, two Very Bad ThingsTM will happen.
A) The Brightheart's positive energy will not be siphoned off, and so it will be returned to full strength, throwing up a powerful positive energy blanket about a kilometer in radius, and killing anyone who touches it, living or no, through sheer positive energy overdose.
B) The gate to the Negative Energy realm will become unstable and tear, creating a giant Negative Energy rift in the middle of GLoG.

Banners:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLoG-Banner1.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GloG-Banner2.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLog-Banner3.png
All banners by Logalmier.
Here's our Wiki (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/start)

What defences does GLoG have? Find out here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5398371&postcount=444).
Security cameras (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5229752&postcount=219) (you don't need to read it before joining, but this seemed as good a place to put it as any)
And finally, The Drones in GLoG. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/glog-drones-list)
The GLoG/HALO portal:
The portal between GLoG and HALO is still open, providing instantaneous transportation between the two organisations.
But anyone passing through it arrives outside the front door. If they've already been cleared (previously interacted with GLoG without hostilities), they can walk straight in without having to roleplay out knocking on the door and so on.
First time visitors, or people who have previously caused trouble have to wait for someone to undeadtime to decide whether they can enter the building (GLoG), or not.

FireFox
2009-05-07, 01:47 PM
Sam has somehow already gotten up, dressed, and has made her way to the kitchen, walking past the deadtimed Dani obliviously, and has started making her own food while whistling. Cheerfully.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 02:03 PM
Quinn looks at - well, doesn't, but, eh, metaphor - Crimson a little concerned. Well...I presume you weren't around when all of this happened, right? So...did your parents tell you stories about what happened?

Dani, noticing Sam already out of bed, looks a bit dissapointed, but hears cheerful whistling coming from the kitchen, and smiles. Slipping the plate of bacon-and-eggs into her bedroom refrigerator (:smalltongue:), she starts back in the direction of the kitchen, trying to be sneaky...

FireFox
2009-05-07, 02:05 PM
Before Dani even enters the kitchen, Sam calls out. Not gonna work, love.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 02:11 PM
Crimson nods.
"And I read about it."

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 02:11 PM
Dani pauses, feeling a moment of frustration at being so easily foiled...then blushes at realising what Sam called her. And, smiling broadly, skips into the kitchen with the intent of jumping onto Sam's back and hugging her tight.
I'll guess I'll have to stick to teleporting if I ever want to surprise you, love...

-------

Quinn considers how best to phrase her next words....
Scarlet...did you ever think that was you were told might be, somehow, biased perhaps?

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 02:28 PM
"It's true! I know it is! I've seen it."
Insists Crimson.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 02:36 PM
How have you seen it? Quinn presses gently, somehow sounding curious, doubtful, and comforting at the same time. Did they show it to you?

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 02:37 PM
Crimson shakes her head.
"I've seen it through the eyes of my ancestors. Their memories live on in me- they were there, even if I wasn't."

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 02:45 PM
Quinn frowns just a little. Awkward...
Well...is there any way that I could see these memories, myself?

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 02:46 PM
"Um... I don't know any magic like that."
Says Crimson, hesitantly.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 02:55 PM
Well, I do, Quinn says with an encouraging tone. I'm a telepath. I could try to link with your mind if you wanted to show me? She smiles. If you don't want to I'll understand, though.

FireFox
2009-05-07, 02:57 PM
Sam is jumped upon, and holds Dani's arms as best as she can. That would probably do it.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 03:01 PM
"I... guess we could try. It might be hard to do."
Crimson bites her lip.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 03:05 PM
Probably don't want to do it too much though, wouldn't want to scare you. Dani grins and softly kisses the back of Sam's neck. I was gonna fix you breakfast but it looks like you kinda beat me to it...

Quinn smiles and gently reaches to put her hands on either side of Crimson's face. It might be. If it starts to hurt in any way just let me know and I'll stop though, alright?

She closes her eyes (pointless though this might be) and gently sends a mental probe out in the girl's direction...

FireFox
2009-05-07, 03:08 PM
Sam shivers in slight pleasure and slowly shrugs, so as to not upset Dani. Mm, that's all right.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 03:13 PM
Crimson nods and waits quietly and obediantly.

Quinn reaches out with her mind and slowly finds Crimson's. Something seems... strange about it. Metaphorically, it would be as if it had gathered cobweb-like shadow cast over it. Her mind is her own, but there's something there over it.

As Quinn touches connects further with Crimson's mind, she begins to sense what it is she noticed early in the contact. It is almost like something else is gathered in her mind with her, just touching and whispering to her. It's presence is distant, yet overwhelming and dark. As her focus is drawn to it, the vague sound of whispering becomes more and more maddening, hypnotic and overwhelming. Finally it seems to notice Quinn, and whispers to her, but its mental presence might be too sharp and vivid to make it out- it's like looking at the sun. Hearing it and having it directed towards her is horrible.

If she manages to fight her way through it, or protect herself from it with some kind of mental shield, she'll be able to successfully connect and maintain a contact with Crimson's mind.

horngeek
2009-05-07, 03:13 PM
Daisuke walks into the greatroom.

At seeing Dani and Sam, he has what's probably the widest smile Dani or Sam have ever seen him with.

Dani! Sam! Good to see you two have reconciled with each other!

He'll then walk over to the kitchen and lean on the counter.

Fredthefighter
2009-05-07, 03:17 PM
Vicki also walks into the kitchen.
Hey everyone. Have any of you seen Johnny today? He said he wanted to talk to me about something but I can't find him anywhere.
Vicki smiles at seeing Dani and Sam together. Yay for happy endings!

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 03:19 PM
Tomorrow's another day, Dani agrees cheerfully, kissing again before letting go and dropping to the floor, going to wrap an arm around Sam's waist and squeeze her tight before heading to the fridge to see about the provisioning of lunch meat.

She giggles at Daisuke, then glances over at Vicki and smiles. Hi! I haven't seen him around lately actually...

-----

Quinn has had years of experience, howver she's never encountered anything quite like this. And she recoils at first, drawing back, but not completely, from the strange, maddening alien presence inside her young friend's mind, the effects of its attention magnified by her own horror at such a thing.

She takes a moment to gather herself, locking away, as it were, all the parts of her mind that she can, before pressing forwards again, pushing against the presence, aiming to break through to the mind trapped inside it.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 03:24 PM
Crimson isn't so much trapped inside of it as it is that the entity- whatever it is- is in some sort of constant contact with her, and getting to Crimson's mind inevitably involves opening themselves to whatever this entity is.
Strangely, it didn't show itself when her bond with Catelyn and Abigail was made. Maybe it only is obvious when others are trying to actually get into her mind, as opposed to contacting her...

Unusually, Crimson seems completely unaffected by the presence in her mind- there is no manipulation or strange mental issues that are obvious, at least.

Anyways, Quinn successfully connects with Crimson's mind, and she can feel that Crimson is unsure of what she should be doing, hesitating and just waiting for some kind of guidance.

Fredthefighter
2009-05-07, 03:26 PM
Weird, it sounded like he needed to say something important. Oh, I have another question, but it's a bit.... personal.
Vicki looks a little embarrassed right now, only a tad though.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 03:34 PM
Quinn takes a moment to gather herself before 'speaking', mentally.
~Scarlet? I'm here. Can you 'hear' me, sweetie?~

---

Dani emerges from the fridge totally loaded down with lunch meats, which she drops on the counter before flashing Daisuke a quick, knowing grin, then turning to Vicki. Well, you can ask me anything! Well, almost anything...:smallredface: What is it?

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 03:35 PM
Yes.
Replies Scarlet, smiling physically and mentally.

Fredthefighter
2009-05-07, 03:38 PM
Well, urm, do you think that...... Johnny likes me? Not likes me likes me, I mean likes me likes me.

And suddenly, Johnny teleports into the kitchen looking exhausted and like he's about to collapse.
Hi everyone.
Then he collapses.

Vicki rushes over to him and tries to check whether he's okay.
She sighs.
He's okay, he's just needs rest. He must have overexterted himself.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 03:44 PM
~It doesn't hurt?~ Quinn returns the smile, although much more mentally than physically, her body remaining almost still as she concentrates on her mental work. ~It was a little difficult. I don't want to stay connected for too long, just in case. Do you think you could show me what you...your ancestors, remember?~

-----

Dani eeps and hurries over as well. Probably. You should get him to the infirmary though, the drones will get him hydrated and all!
She pauses, looking down at Johnny.
Then up at Vicki.
Then back down, and back up again...
Well...I can't really say for sure, but...I think you do look kinda like the type of girl I think he'd like...

Fredthefighter
2009-05-07, 03:50 PM
She smiles, a lot.
You really think so? Thanks Dani. You're the best.
Vicki tries to give Dani a friendly thankyou hug.
Then she picks him up, somehow and just looks at him for a while.
I can't help but say, awwwwwwww right now.
She struggles her way to the infirmary and puts him down on one of the beds, instructing a nearby drone that he just needs rest and to keep him hydrated until he wakes up. Vicki stays nearby to keep an eye on him and eventually falls asleep.
(deadtime)

horngeek
2009-05-07, 03:51 PM
Daisuke walks over and kneels beside Johnny.

Well, the infirmary is probably a good idea. Even if you think he's okay, there could be problems that we don't know about.

I... wouldn't really know about whether Johnny Boy likes you or not, Vicki. I haven't really allowed myself time for that sort of thing.

Dani. I see you made up with Sam?

FireFox
2009-05-07, 03:58 PM
Sam blushes quite a bit at all the attention, and steps back to check over her gun. Not that she doesn't trust Dani, but somebody could have tampered with it.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 03:59 PM
Dani returns Vicki's hug with a smile. I'm always glad to help my friends...
Smiling, yet still looking worried for Johnny a little, she watches them go, then turns to Daisuke and nods. Yeah, we're alright now. Definitly alright. He might notice her cheeks turning pink before she turns away and, starting to hum softly, starts fixing one of her super-Dagwoods, smiling and glancing over at Sam occasionally as she works.

horngeek
2009-05-07, 04:00 PM
Sam, I don't think anyone's messed with your gun. I don't think anyone in GLoG is stupid enough to try.

Daisuke does indeed notice. He smiles.

By the way, would any of you guys know anyone who would be willing and able to keep a rampaging monster from destroying a large area for a one-hour period of time?

Yes, he has a reason.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 04:07 PM
I'll try. It may just be my memories of their memories though- I can't really call them at will.
Thinks Crimson, before focusing. Quinn gets the feeling of taking a breath, closing one's eyes, and sinking down into deep water, submerging and going deeper and deeper...
Quinn will see a few of Crimson's memories- running after a strange, tall man whose forehead seems to glow like the sun- smiling at a black haired and eyed girl with a cold stare and a bleeding mark on her forehead- screaming in pain at some terrible, horrible event as someone reassured her that it would all be over soon-
And then they slip deeper, further down. Quinn sees more memories, but these aren't Crimson's- they can't be. She was a powerful sorceress, fighting for her life against men who wielded the elements in harmony against her- a laughing monarch who sneered down at a man begging for food- a wise and powerful steward ruling over the lands the gods had set down as her right to rule over...
They go deeper, and then focus on something, and it suddenly seems to flare into life, not just a vague memory, but a living reality.

She stands victorious over her enemies, having slain them with powerful magic that warped reality itself at her whim. Tall and proud, she looked down at the representatives of entities that she had defeated, along with her brethren.
She looked on as the negotiations took place, and a great hero argued that the lives of these remaining primordials should be spared- imprisoned rather than slain. It was obvious she did not agree with the idea, but her voice was in the minority, and she- as one of the wise wielders of sorcery- was called on to bind the Primordials so that they would never be a threat again.
Quinn witnessed her begin to explain the nature of the Primordials- multi souled entities that were almost more of a community than an actual entity. How the most efficient way to subdue them would be to manipulate and selectively remove some of the entities that made up their souls. And so it was that she oversaw the operation with her sisters, as the elemental warriors at her command- the Dragon-blooded, Terrestrial Exalted, Quinn sensed- slew or injured the demons before them at her direction.

The memory slowly slips away...

(For your information, I don't mean stereotypical red skinned trident horns and cloven hoofed demons. More like weird spirits and mini-deity things.)

FireFox
2009-05-07, 04:09 PM
Old habits. Sam looks over at Dani and then back at her gun, blushing even more. Uh, try the detention cells here, they work.

horngeek
2009-05-07, 04:13 PM
Not for this purpose. For comparison, the monster I'm talking about will be more powerful than I am.

And I can't do it.

The reason I'm asking is that I need to control an entity that has appeared inside me, and doing that means that my body will be completly under his control for about an hour.

Then Daisuke has to deadtime.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 04:16 PM
((Wow.))

Quinn takes all the memories in, then, almost in a state of shock, pulls back and out of Crimson's mind - or at least tries to - and slumps back on her heels, putting her hands to her head...

-----

The cells should still work, a drone can lock you in I think... Dani's mood seems to sag a little, just for a moment, then returns to her normal cheerful self as she finishes her gargantuan sandwich. You want some, Sammie?

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 04:19 PM
Crimson kneels down next to Quinn.
"Are you okay?"

((Yeah, wall of text, I know. Sorry about that last post. :smalltongue:))

FireFox
2009-05-07, 04:22 PM
Heh, if the cells here could keep my brother locked up, you don't need to worry...
She finally holsters her gun. No thanks, I just ate.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 04:32 PM
((No worries, it was great. ^_^))

I...I think so. Just kinda...overloaded, I guess. Quinn tries to give her a reassuring, if shaky, smile.

-----

Yeah, I guess my appetite's a little bigger than yours is, right dear? She smiles at Sam as she hops up onto the counter and starts to eat.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 04:34 PM
"Why don't we go sit down?"
Suggests Crimson.

FireFox
2009-05-07, 04:39 PM
Sam nods and broods for a minute before looking up at Dani. What do we do now? Not in the immediate sense.

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 04:42 PM
And some Medical Drones take over, buzzing about excitedly at the prospect of a new patient, hooking her up to an IV and doing stuff to prepare for Dr. Quinn's arrival.

"I'm going back. There are still undead to be cleared out, and perhaps more survivors."

Chelonie nods at Khiansa's words. "Yeah. I think that's... a good idea..." She takes a few steps and leans against the wall, her head swimming. "Or maybe someone else should..."

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 04:43 PM
I think that'd be a good idea. Quinn nods and goes to stand shakily, reaching to take Crimson's hand.

---

Dani finishes chewing a mouthful of her sub, having to grab a napkin to wipe escaping mayo off her face...
Well, she finally says after thinking for a minute, I guess that depends. I know...
She pauses long enough to slip off the counter and step over to take Sam's hand in hers and squeeze it.
I know that whatever we do I want to do together.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 04:45 PM
Crimson gently takes Quinn's hand and leads her towards the Infirmary, just in case Quinn needs something a little more. Plus, she was going there anyways- might as well lead her that way.

FireFox
2009-05-07, 04:49 PM
Sam considers that for a long moment as she holds Dani's hand.

...Me too.

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 04:57 PM
Quinn, interestingly, had much the same thought, as at the very least she needs asprin for her headache...

Upon arriving in the infirmary, she goes to fetch it, and is informed by the meddrones about the two new paitents. Gulping the asprin, she goes to inspect them, Laying On Hands on the more seriously injured of the two.

--------

Dani watches Sam hopefully, then smiles from ear to ear as she reaches up to hug her tightly.
Thank you. You...that...that means so much to me. I love you, Sammie.

FireFox
2009-05-07, 05:00 PM
I love you too Dani, and I really want to... to spend more time with you but... She hugs her back tightly. I don't know how it would... how we could...

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 05:02 PM
Crimson sits down nearby and watches Quinn quietly.

(deadtime for a little)

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 05:12 PM
Quinn continues working to heal her paitents as best she can.

-------

Shhh. Dani looks up and shakes her head just a little at Sam, smiling and not letting go in the slightest. We'll work things out. But let's not worry too much right now, 'k?

((Dinner))

FireFox
2009-05-07, 05:14 PM
Yeah... okay Dani...

Kaelaroth
2009-05-07, 05:22 PM
The mysterious woman drags herself up out of the waters of the swimming pool, and, grabbing a nearby towel, covers herself up. Then, tossing sopping hair away from her dark eyes, she briefly looks at her dark complexion in the mirror with a faint smile, before she starts to wander about.
Whee.

horngeek
2009-05-07, 06:49 PM
Well, we'll see.

Daisuke decides to go to the infirmary.

There seeing Chelonie.

Hello. I don't believe I've met you before. I'm Daisuke Hayashi, but you can call me Daisuke.

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 06:58 PM
Chelonie nods in acknowledgement at Daisuke without quite grasping what he's saying. Her vision is tunnelling, and she's struggling to remain conscious.

horngeek
2009-05-07, 07:02 PM
Daisuke tries to support Chelonie and help her to a bed.

He then Deadtimes. Sorry.

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 07:08 PM
"Leave me alone don't touch me..." she says, her words slurring together, as she pushes away from him, her skin shifting to form spiny barbs to reinforce the 'do not touch' message.

She staggers away to her room, and into her own deadtime.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-07, 07:31 PM
A vision will attempt to break into Chelonie's mind.

If it does, she will see Melody writhing in pain as fires burn her soul. She screams out an unintelligable sound, ending with COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Momma!!!!/COLOR]

The burning continues in a never ending cycle of endless pain and torment.

Chelonie may hear in her mind, COLOR="Cyan"]You did this to her. It's your fault./COLOR]

happyturtle
2009-05-07, 07:38 PM
"NO! She's safe now! She's with her uncle. DON'T LIE TO ME!"

The Bushranger
2009-05-07, 08:12 PM
((:eek:))

----------

Yeah... okay Dani...
Dani smiles and leans up on her tiptoes to kiss Sam's cheek. I need to do some research in the library. Meet me there later?
Smiling, she reluctantly lets go of her partner, grabs her sandwich and heads off to the library.

----------

Quinn collapses into an infirmary bed after working with the paitents as much as she can, exhausted.

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 10:23 PM
*knock*
*knock*
*knock*
*footsteps running away*

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 11:32 PM
Irene undeadtimes and totally ignores the door. Cause she can. And clearly whoever is at the door is beneath her. Clearly.

She heads into the great room though.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 11:32 PM
Crimson eventually waves goodbye to Quinn and wanders through the building aimlessly. She makes it into the great room and notes Irene with a hesitant smile.
"...hi Irene."

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 11:38 PM
Irene looks up. Oh hey! Sweet little Crimson. When she isn't creating zombies anyways. :smallsmile:

"Hey Scarlet." She pats the couch beside of her near the fireplace. "How are you doing?"

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 11:40 PM
"Um, I'm okay. I was talking to Quinn about my mom and dad."
She says, moving to sit beside Irene obediently. The pheromones started getting to her mind again, and she looked up at the older woman with a big smile.

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 11:44 PM
"Quinn?" Oh right. The blind paladin. Irene blushes a bit, but tries to divert the topic slightly. "What about your mom and dad did you two talk about?"

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 11:48 PM
"Well, I told her how they had both been overthrown... I guess she didn't really believe me when I told her how terrible it all was. So she looked into my mind to see my ancestor's memories, and..."
Crimson trails off, then finishes quietly.
"I don't think she liked what she saw."

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 11:54 PM
Irene frowns in thought. Huh.

"They had been overthrown, huh? I didn't know that. Did they get their position back?" If not that may explain one or two things.

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 11:56 PM
Crimson shakes her head.
"Father has a hard time even returning to Creation... they killed him."

Reinholdt
2009-05-07, 11:58 PM
Irene closes her eyes. Geez this was confusing. "And so he's... in the underworld now? Is that why he wants people there?"

AmberVael
2009-05-07, 11:59 PM
"The way he was overthrown, and his enlightenment in death helped him understand that it was what he should do."
Says Crimson, nodding.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:03 AM
"I see." She decides against condemning or rebuking the father right now. She's already done that before plenty and if Crimson was talking to others like she was Irene, she might not hear the end of it anyways.

"So how do you like living here?"

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:06 AM
"I have liked it. It's very pretty and happy here."
Says Crimson, smiling up at Irene.

...and then there is a faint knocking on the door.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:09 AM
And Daisuke, walking into the Greatroom, answers it.

Hello. Welcome to GLoG. I am Daisuke Hayashi, your designated doorman. How may I help you?

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:11 AM
There's an animal carrier there! Would Daisuke like to look in it?

Not sure who else is there though...

Irene smiles and was about to get the door, but got interrupted. Oh well. She waits and watches instead.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:16 AM
At the door is a short girl with black hair with a few white streaks and startling red eyes. She appears to only be about 12 years of age, or maybe a little less...
She's smiling a strangely pointy teethed smile, and behind her are some zombies that should look disturbingly familiar to Daisuke- they're very much like Crimson's, but with the distinct and disconcerting difference of appearing far better made. They have a strange gleam of sentience in their eyes, and while many of them appear monstrous, they seem to have been crafted out of a rather uniform set of humanoids.
"I'm here looking for my sister."

Dun dun dun!

Crimson's eyes widen.
"Nettle!"

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:20 AM
Irene looks at Crimson with confusion. She never heard of a sister. All the same, she stands and approaches the doorway. "You know Scarlet? Please come in. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine." Whether or not the sister is as bad as the mother and father remains to be seen. She fidgets. "Your, um, zombies will have to wait outside though.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:23 AM
You... you...

Exactly what relation would these zombies have to those that attacked us a short while ago?

Daisuke is starting to get angry.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:27 AM
Nettle raises a delicate eyebrow.
"Then I will remain outside."
Her eyes wander up to Daisuke, and she smiles sweetly.
"If any zombies attacked you and you're still alive, then they certainly weren't of my creation. Besides, I've only just arrived..."
She looks back to Crimson, her gaze settling on her.
"Mother wants you back home- she sent me to come find you and bring you back."

Crimson bites her lip, looking at Nettle, then to Irene.
"Um... I guess I... should go then...?"
She doesn't sound very certain.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:30 AM
Those zombies were responsible for my becoming a Vizard.

And they bear a large resembalance to yours. I want to get to the bottom of this.

You stay here.

This last bit directed at Crimson.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:30 AM
The carrier door gets pushed open and a small beagle puppy starts wandering into the base, wagging its tail. Guess you could stop it if you're willing to ignore the stuff that's going on right now. If anyone even noticed it. Family reunions can be disorienting and it's a small dog. Besides, looks like there might be a fight.

Irene moves closer to Crimson, in between her and Nettle. "You can tell her mother thanks but no thanks. She's staying here or I'm going with her."

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:34 AM
Daisuke does notice, and wants to protect the puppy.

Bakudō 73. Tozansho.

A pyramid-shaped barrier should form around the puppy, unless he has an anti-magic field.

Just in case stuff does happen.

Now, you two are related?

Directed at Nettle and Crimson.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:35 AM
(Hey, give me a chance to post before posting again).

"There are thousands of necromancers who seek to mimic mother's style- choose any of them, and they will have the same resemblance. Though I doubt they'll be nearly as competently crafted..."
Says Nettle.

Crimson blushes a little, and looks between Daisuke, Nettle and Irene uncertainly.

"But of course, if you wish to accompany Crimson home, you're quite welcome to join us."
She looks back at Daisuke.
"Though if you try and stop me from leading my sister home, I have little doubt that we'll both have something to say about that."

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:38 AM
{{Was a response to Reinholdt}}

Let me explain.

Creating a Vizard has been, and still is a capital offence.

Even being a Vizard used to be a capital offence, but that has changed.

Now, if the intent wasn't to make me a Vizard, that is a mitigating circumstance. But I still want the person to understand not to mess around with souls. Ever again.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:39 AM
The puppy suddenly rushes forward and luckily evades the barrier. You were going to trap the puppy at the center of a possible fight while it was trying to get away from zombies? How cruel. The puppy retreats further into the base and out of sight.

Irene is torn. She's frightened of both the zombies and even worse... Daisuke. A fight between them with Crimson around could only end very very poorly. "Wait! I'll... I'll go with. UNLESS Scarlet does not want to go at all."

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:42 AM
"I have no knowledge of these vagaries, nor do I have interest. The only creations I have are with me here. So if you will step aside..."
Nettle says, dismissing Daisuke as she looks towards Irene and Crimson.

Crimson bites her lip and leans up to whisper in Irene's ear.
"Irene... my home is the underworld. If you go in, I don't know if you'll come back out..."

Nettle waits for Crimson to say something.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:50 AM
Joy.
But if Irene didn't go, Daisuke would go nutso and she'd be guaranteed to end up there anyways. Stupid overviolent psychotic...

Yes, Irene is scared of Daisuke for the rest of her life because of what he did. No, it probably will never change. Especially considering how short her life might become now.

She sighs and whispers back. "I... know. But I said I'd meet your mother and father one day and talk to them right? Just came earlier than I thought..." Yes she still looks deathly frightened. Rock and a hard place. And she doubts her beauty will help her in either spot.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 12:53 AM
Who, exactly, are you anyway?

Daisuke moderates his tone somwhat. He looks over at Irene

I'll try not to let him come out.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 12:56 AM
Crimson hugs Irene tightly, smiling faintly.
"It'll be okay, in the end."

"That is really none of your concern."
The girl says in a very grown up voice to Daisuke.
"But if you must know, I am Stinging Nettle of the Marsh."
She looks to Crimson.
"Are you coming?"

Crimson looks up at Irene one last time to make sure she was okay with this.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 12:58 AM
Irene hugs Crimson back and nods. Especially since Daisuke just addressed her directly. :smalleek: Geez that unworthy commoner shin-jam or something was downright frightening.

Irene looks up at Daisuke. "I don't know who HE is, but we're leaving peacefully now. Um... could you stay here and tell Phoenix where we went?" Quick! Give Daisuke a task so he can't follow and make Irene cower in terror the whole trip!

horngeek
2009-05-08, 01:02 AM
And I am Daisuke Hayashi. Captain of the 5th division of the Gotei 13.

He looks at Irene.

I can hardly tell him if I don't know where you are.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 01:04 AM
Crimson bites her lip and nods to Nettle, walking over towards her, leading Irene by the hand. Nettle smiles widely, her eyes becoming relaxed and innocent.
"Good! Just follow me then."
She's ignoring Daisuke now, finding him completely unnecessary. She'll turn and lead Crimson and Irene outside... and into the appropriately named Outside Thread.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 01:06 AM
"Scarlet's home. Remember? Phoenix will know where it is."

And all that time of leading Crimson by the hand and now Irene is led. Yay! Irene heads Outside.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 01:09 AM
:smallamused:

Daisuke stands there.

Well, let's see.

He pulls out a black butterfly, and charges it with a small amount of spiritual energy. Enough so that it can relay what it sees, but a small enough amount that it doesn't get noticed. It then flies off Outside.

Daisuke, for his part, starts to play the piano.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 01:17 AM
The puppy beagle finishes watching the security footage it wanted to watch as well as deleting all the footage of him and replacing it with blank loops of a empty rooms. Once he's all cleaned up he moves on to another part of the base. Where he goes, no one knows!

Well, I do.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 01:19 AM
:smallamused:

Daisuke does a search for anyone he know.

Like their spirit energy.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 01:21 AM
He should find some recognizable spirit energy in the laundry room. They've been in the base before.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 01:26 AM
Daisuke does, in fact find it.

Not Reinholdt?

He then feels the portal open from Outside.

Hell?

{{That's probably what it would feel like}}

He almost goes and opens a sekaimon gate there himself, but he calms himself.

Instead, he uses Shunpo to appear in front of the person in the laundry.

AmberVael
2009-05-08, 01:28 AM
He then feels the portal open from Outside.

Hell?

{{That's probably what it would feel like}}
((Actually, Hell is a completely different place than the Underworld in the setting I'm using. They have very different feels to them- the Underworld is kind of quiet and creepy and involves the dead. Hell is where twisted and warped primordial beings (demons) are trapped).))

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 01:30 AM
Butler is thoroughly startled by this person he's never met before who appeared right in front of him. "Oh hello sir." Recovery. Warm smile. "How are you today sir? Is there anything I can help you with sir?" Clearly this is Reinholdt in disguise!

horngeek
2009-05-08, 01:31 AM
{{In the Bleachverse, Hell is where the souls of those who commited henious crimes in life go. Given that a lot of those destined for Hell becom Hollows, Daisuke is quite familiar with the feeling.

But Daisuke probably would be able to navigate there, now he's felt what the portal feels like}}

oops.

Daisuke laughs. Oops. Sorry. Wrong person.

... and checks using his spiritual senses to see whether it is anyone in disguise.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 01:58 AM
Butler is not in disguise. Unless those shorts are hiding some anti-spiritual detection demon! Or his collar is a super defeat the shinigami device!

Or... it's just Butler. "Oh alright sir. A pleasure to meet you sir." He gives a polite bow. "Are you new here sir or are you a vegeteran sir?"

Note vegeteran is probably not what you think it is.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 02:03 AM
Right. He isn't in disguise.

I've been around for a bit.

He holds out his hand to shake Butler's

Daisuke Hayashi.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 02:07 AM
Butler shakes his hand. "Butler B. Butler sir. If you ever need anything sir, I'll be more than happy to get it for you sir." He then looks at the time. "I'm terribly sorry sir. I'm behind schedule sir." Which is a little silly, since he doesn't actually have a schedule. He returns to work.

((deadtime is a must nows))

horngeek
2009-05-08, 02:10 AM
{{okay}}

Daisuke smiles. He does need to speak to Pheonix about Irene and Crimson.

But for now... he goes to the swimming pool and gets changed.

Yes, he swims.

He sets his sword on the side of the pool, and does some laps.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 04:01 AM
Jenna undeadtimes in her room bright and early. She considers heading out right there and then, but only for a second...she's impulsive but knows that she isn't ready. In need of more endurance training, she heads down to the pool for a few dozen lengths, towel and quarterstaff in tow.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 06:56 AM
When she gets there, she's going to see Daisuke.

His swimming gear is a modern-day pair of boardshorts, leaving his upper body bare.

On his torso can be seen a large number of scars. They are mostly smaller ones, but there are two that really stand out.

The first is a diagonal cut to his back, which is now a pale line.

The second is a massive discolouration on his chest, which almost looks like a bruise.

He's doing laps.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 07:12 AM
Jenna pauses, then shrugs and walks to the edge of the pool. she wasn't expecting anyone else to be around, but what did it matter? She came down from her room in her green swimsuit; she's no showoff but she's never been shy either.

"May I join you? I won't get in the way."

She appraises the scars on the mans torso while she waits for an answer. She has her own network of scars, faint broken white lines across her shoulders, back and thighs. They're clearly old wounds, the broken blurred nature of them suggest they healed while she was still growing.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 07:16 AM
Daisuke turns.

That's alright. I'm just passing the time, myself.

I don't believe we've met before. I'm Daisuke Hayashi.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 07:21 AM
"Thanks. I'm Jenna, Jenna Church. Nice to meet you Daisuke."

She smiles and dives into the pool in one graceful movement and begins to swim, lengths rather than laps to keep out of Daisuke's way. If she's ever going to start travelling again her endurance needs to ratchet up a bit. Fifty lengths followed by a workout in the gym should do for starters.

"That's an interesting name Daisuke, from where do you hail?"

horngeek
2009-05-08, 07:27 AM
From Soul Society. But if you mean my country of origin, I was born in Japan.

It's... complicated.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 07:36 AM
"Isn't it always?"

Jenna laughs and continues her swim. She's a strong swimmer, childhood summers spent in the lakes and rivers of Bluewater have seen to that.

"I'm from Bluewater myself, a little town a thousand miles or so south of here. Don't really have a home now though..."

The sentence trails off. Best not to think about it. Endurance to build up. A child to find. A child to save.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 07:39 AM
Well, given that I'm technically dead in Japan, and have been for two hundered years...

What happened to you?

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 07:47 AM
"Definitely complicated then."

Jenna continues to swim as she talks, not meeting daisuke's eye. It's easier if it seems like she's talking to herself, the words come easier and the eyes stay dry...most of the time.

"I'm on a journey Daisuke. I have no home, both my parents are dead. My son was kidnapped over a year ago now...I've been looking for him ever since. Three friends came with me, now two are dead and I have no idea where the other is. Other than that the last year's been a damn cakewalk."

She smiles ruefully and continues to swim, upping her pace if anything.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 07:54 AM
Do you have any idea where your son is?

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 08:02 AM
Jenna stops swimming for a moment, breathing hard from the effort. She clamps a hand around a smooth black stone that hangs around her neck.

"I know he's okay, that's the most important thing. He's somewhere north of here, I can feel that too."

She looks down into the water.

"I miss him. He'd be three now...with no-one to look after him..."

Three years old? This girl barely looks like she's eighteen.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 08:11 AM
You can feel him?

Daisuke looks at her.

When I was alive, I gave my all to serving my lord. When I came to Soul Society, I gave that same effort into protecting souls and ushering them on. I've never... actually had a real family of my own, especially not in Soul Society.

You don't look that old anyway. Of course, given that I look about twenty five and in reality about two hundered years old, I'm not one to talk.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 08:25 AM
Jenna points to the black stone hanging round her neck.

"Cal has one of these too. When I hold it I get an idea of how he's bearing up...it's almost as if I'm with him..."

She pulls herself out of the pool, not really up for swimming anymore.

"Wow...that's pretty rough. You usher souls...where? Down the River Styx, off to Valhalla, Heaven even?"

"I'm not very old, nearly nineteen. I had Cal young...didn't really have a lot of choice in the matter."

horngeek
2009-05-08, 08:31 AM
Soul Society. Different universe. The problem comes when we Shinigami don't manage to send a soul on in time. Then it becomes what is known as a Hollow, and will eat other souls. Then our job is to purify it, and let it pass on.

What do you mean, you didn't have a choice...
oh.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 08:42 AM
Jenna turns away, her face reddening.

"Yeah..."

She picks up her towel and wraps it round her waist, maybe taking some small comfort from it. Time to change the subject, as far as she's concerned.

"So some souls don't pass on themselves? These Hollows stop others from finding their final rest then...sounds like you do a worthwile job. Must be a pretty heavy burden though."

horngeek
2009-05-08, 08:46 AM
No. The Hollows are what souls that don't find their way into Soul Society become.

They don't eat other souls because they are hungry. They do it to ease their own pain. There is a reason I said 'purify' and not 'kill'.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 08:54 AM
"Obviously, if they were just hungry they'd eat some pasta or something..."

Jenna giggles a little, her mood considerably lighter now the conversation has moved away from her own woes.

"So...are you actually dead, in the true sense of the word? Do you have to be to find these Hollows, and to purify them?"

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:01 AM
In my universe, 'dead' is kind of a relative term. Souls actually cycle between Soul Society and the World of the Lining.

But in most cases, you do have to be residing in Soul Society to become a Shinigami. I believe there is one currently living exception, Ichigo Kurosaki. There are also the Quincy, but they have nearly died out, and they didn't purify. They destroyed Hollow, which lead to their devestation.

But anyone with high spiritual energy can see souls that have yet to pass on, both those that haven't become Hollow yet, or those who have.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 09:04 AM
Khiansa snaps out of deadtime, and spots Chelonie on the hospital bed, looking decidedly ill. Damn.
"Sorry friend, but I must go."
And he heads to the Rose Garden, Energy Suppressing bag in hand.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 09:15 AM
Jenna nods in all the right places, but it's fairly clear that she's being polite rather than understanding half of what he says.

"I'm afraid a lot of that stuff is a little beyond me, I guess you really are from another universe. Sounds like you have to be pretty special to deal with people's souls though."

She smiles and picks up her quarterstaff.

"Nice to have met you Daisuke. I have to go and knock a few heads off some training dummies, I'll leave you to your swim."

She heads off towards the training room, still active for the next few hours.

happyturtle
2009-05-08, 09:17 AM
Leaning on Mr Huggles III (one of Melody's drones), Chelonie escapes the infirmary and makes her slow, feeble way to her own room.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:20 AM
Okay.

Daisuke then gets out of the pool, pulls a singlet on and walks towards his room.

He gets changed, leaving his Haori in his room.

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0905/d06/0029/c4e9923.png

He goes to the Greatroom and plays the piano there.

{{Deadtime}}

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 09:28 AM
Phoenix sits in the great room, listening to Daisuke's music. Insert mild appreciation or cringing where appropriate. And no, he does not go past mild appreciation.

----

Jazirian is... around. Not on the ceiling. On a couch I guess...

----

Khiansa enters the Rose Garden, and teleports out.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:31 AM
Daisuke looks at Pheonix.

I have a message to deliver. Irene and Crimson have gone to Crimson's home.

He then goes back to playing. Quite well, actually.

{{Deadtime for real}}

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 09:38 AM
Khiansa may have felt a presence watching him, maybe even following him, but teleported out rather quickly, so maybe not.

Unfortunately, the presence knows not where Khiansa teleported to. Drats.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 09:40 AM
Jenna blows off some steam in the training room, wrecking an impressive amount of dummies, especially with what looks like a standard quarterstaff. That stuff that got bought up with Daisuke, well, it always got her worked up. After an hour or so the frustration that she has been riding fades away, leaving her exhausted.

She towels off and dresses, and heads for the main room, presumably finding Jazirian there.

"Hi again Jazirian. I'm pooped, you fancy a lemonade?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 09:42 AM
Quinn remains alseep on an infirmary bed, for now.

Dani is in the library, having fallen asleep on a desk, red hair sprawled across an open book, and a slightly...discomfited, expression on her face.

((One post for now, back soon)

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 09:45 AM
"Okay?" Why would he get such a message? What was he expected to do? Did Irene send it? More importantly, where is Crimson's home? Aww poop. Seems Daisuke deadtimed.

----

Mysterious presences. Yay. What the Mysterious Presence didn't know, was that the Brightheart Khiansa has is a decoy, and the real one is hidden at the bottom of the ocean. Okay, not really.

----

"Heya Jenna. Lemonade would be nice. Been training?"
He turns and leans over the back of the sofa, facing Jenna.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 09:51 AM
Jenna nods and pours a couple of drinks in tall frosty glasses.

"Too right, I haven't worked out this hard since...well, ever! Daisuke kept me company while I swam."

She passes Jazirian a glass and flumphs down on a lounger.

"You know, I think soon I might be ready enough to head north."

It's a prospect that both excites and scares her, that much is clear on her face.

Reinholdt
2009-05-08, 10:00 AM
To get Daisuke away from Irene. Nothing. Yes. The Underworld, but Phoenix isn't expected to know that. The fourth wall also shuts up now.

The mysterious presence dives into the ocean and drowns not knowing the real one at the bottom was a decoyed decoy and the decoy was the real one.

Or just goes back into hiding and waiting for the opportune moment.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:00 AM
"What's North?"
And no, he's not asking what 'North' itself is. He's not that dense. What he is asking, in fact, is what lies in a northerly direction that is so important to Jenna.

----

The sad thing is that Phoenix would probably follow if he did know where. Fortunately for him, he doesn't. And neither does Daisuke. I think.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 10:08 AM
"Cal's north, my son. I don't know where, or how the heck I'll find him, but he's there..."

She looked into her glass, contemplating. Finally she looks up and smiles ruefully.

"You know, I'm actually a little bit sad thinking about it. I want to find Cal, of course I do, but...I've kind of grown to like it here, you know?"

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:13 AM
"Come back after you've found him?" Would be the obvious answer to that. He sips his lemonade.

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 10:15 AM
Jenna's smiles but shakes her head.

"i'd love to be able to do that. But Cal, well..."

She trails off, trying to work out how to put it.

"He wouldn't be welcome here."

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:21 AM
Sam undeadtimes and wanders around.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:23 AM
"Why?" :smallconfused:

If it's something to due with his father's race, I wouldn't worry about it. We have devils, demons, vampires, half-vampires, werewolves, dragons, far-things and creepy-underworld-children here, but to name a few. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 10:33 AM
Jenna looks away, embarressed and a little ashamed.

"I know you have all sorts here, heck, I spoke to a werwolf the other week, and Daisuke is apparently dead. Cal is a half-fiend, though you wouldn't know it from looking at him. The problem is, he follows his dad in more ways than one..."

She turns back to Jazirian, having composed herself once more.

"He's evil. He'd set off those sensors at the gate in half a second flat."

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:38 AM
"Oh."

Oh.

"This is a redemption center though. Maybe we could..."

banjo1985
2009-05-08, 10:53 AM
Jenna interrupted, anger coming to the surface.

"You think the people here would accept an evil child into this base?! They have those sensors for a reason, Cal wouldn't get past the door!"

A rare outburst for her, but it passes quickly. She sits back and shakes her head.

"Sorry Jazirian...it just wouldn't work. If Cal was older, then maybe. But he's too young for redemption, to young to even know that the things he does are wrong."

She takes the black stone from around her neck, and places it in the palm of her hand.

"I feel Cal through this, and you know the worst of it? I hold this damn stone sometimes and I know that he's actually having fun..."

She stands up abruptly.

"But even if he doesn't need me, I need him. I have to find him...and when I do I don't think either of us will be welcome here..."

She walks out, mainly because her player has a Star Wars RPG session in halfan hour. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 11:25 AM
Dani is still in the library, trying to carry a stack of heavy books to a table...
And...

...that crashing sound was her getting a natural 1 on her Balance check.

Quinn wakes up and stretches a little before going to check on her paitents.

Morty
2009-05-08, 11:27 AM
Wenomir is patrolling the base.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 11:36 AM
And Vorka, still utterly hideous, hobbles over to Dani. A hideous, hunch-backed, warty, hairy, constantly snorting, fat, smelly, physically repellent, deformed, short, balding, porcine, club-footed, big-nosed man; his race and age unclear from first glance, in fact. Anyhoo. He moves with surprising speed for one so deformed and overweight...
Dani? Are you all right? He fumbles with his belt, where several runic stones lie in wait.

Wenomir may see a dark-skinned, dark-haired woman staring out a window in air, dressed in what appears to be a formerly wet robe, her hair out of place, her eyes staring out into the forest, a smile on her face.

Morty
2009-05-08, 11:42 AM
Good day, he says, having not seen the person before and not knowing who it is.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 11:46 AM
And the woman's gaze is dragged away from the fair woods where she could have sworn she saw some foul beast lurking (where, in fact, it's been lurking for quite some while). Seeing Wenomir, and putting two-and-two together to work out that 'twas he who spoke, she smiles, and nods her head, before making a slightly mannish bow.
And then curtseying.

Morty
2009-05-08, 11:49 AM
Hm. Strange, but not by GLoG standards.
I'm Wenomir. What's your name? he asks, giving a curt bow.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 11:57 AM
Eek!

Dani scrambles back a little from the toppled books, then blinks and looks at the monstrostity addressing her.
And realises it has a rather familiar voice...
Vorska? What happened to you?!

She looks down at the pile of books on the floor.
I guess I'm fine, but my research probably isn't...

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:03 PM
Eek!

Dani scrambles back a little from the toppled books, then blinks and looks at the monstrostity addressing her.
And realises it has a rather familiar voice...
Vorska? What happened to you?!

She looks down at the pile of books on the floor.
I guess I'm fine, but my research probably isn't...

Vorka sighs, and notes that he at least he has his runes prepared. Ehdrameir. He utters, with a world-shivering note, and there ought to be a flush of light, and the books will, hopefully, propel themselves onto the nearest table, not in a neat pile, but in a vague clump. 'tis I. And it's Vorka. No "s". He avoids the question. He has come to realise that to remove his hideous features would ruin Irene of what he assumes is her greatest wish . . .

Hm. Strange, but not by GLoG standards.
I'm Wenomir. What's your name? he asks, giving a curt bow.

She smiles at him, again, and opens her mouth.
Yet no sound comes out. Perhaps he'd notice the reason why, if he were nearer.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 12:13 PM
Thanks! Dani gives Vorka a thankful grin, and skips over to the table to arrange things more neatly.
He might notice they're all books on elemental planes, and cold...
And you didn't answer my question. What happened? And how do we fix it? She looks over at him earnestly.

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:13 PM
He comes a bit closer.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:17 PM
A spell did it. Reversal has proved tricky. And I'm not sure it's the best course of action. Vorka says, before he coughs nastily. Why so many books on.. that particular topic? He nods his head in welcome to the thanks.

The woman lacks a tongue.

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:22 PM
Oh. I'm sorry, says Wenomir, usure as to what to do.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:23 PM
Oh. I'm sorry, says Wenomir, usure as to what to do.

She shrugs, and smiles, and points at him, a questioning expression on her face.

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:26 PM
Me? I'm Wenomir Rawicz, an ex-demonhunter, says Wenomir, assuming that the woman wants to know his name.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:29 PM
The woman nods, smiling, and reaches out a hand, in the typical manner that one who is looking for a handshake adopts.

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:32 PM
Wenomir shakes his hand. Not exactly the way of greeting ladies he's been taught, but he's learnt a lot.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 12:33 PM
((ahem...guess this got missed in ninja-ing, so...))

Why not? I mean, it's not now you're supposed to be, we need to fix it! Dani says this in complete and firm conviction, looking quite determined that her friend needs to be fixed...

...then sobers as she turns back to the pile of books on the table.
It's...about Lexie. You heard about what happened to her, right? A frost demon or something did something to her soul and she can't be raised but I think if we go to the Plane of Ice we might be able to do something. But it looks like judging by all this it'll be almost a month before we'll be able to get there.

She drops into a chair, looking positively down.

And I have no idea how to talk to Sammie about this, either.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:39 PM
I could get you to the Ice Pl.. I mean, that's awful, Dani. I.. You know I don't approve of your romantic situation, but I'm still sorry for you. I hope things improve, however they do. The hunchback of Notre-GLoG says, sitting with a sigh down on a nearby armchair, continuing to ignore questions about him. Whee!

The woman has a firm, masculine handshake, and, still trying to hold his hand, she walks, perhaps with Wenomir, perhaps not, towards the kitchen.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 12:45 PM
Dani gives Vorka a small, grateful, and very cu...*ahem* warm smile.
Thanks, Vorska. I really appreciate that. And I don't mind about your not approving - I understand and I'm still your friend, at least I want to be!

After all, Sam didn't approve at first, either. :smalltongue:

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:46 PM
Wenomir is quite puzzled, to say the least. But he doesn't resist, unless the woman gives him a signal to break away.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:47 PM
... Though Vorka isn't a repressed bisexual who loves Dani. He is a repressed biseuxal, but he don't love Dani. :smalltongue: Plus, he disapproves of her polyamorous feelings (or what he thinks of as promiscuity).
You're welcome. He smiles, faintly, his bloated, cracked lips peeling to reveal a broken, yellowed set of pointed teeth.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 12:54 PM
And the woman leads him to the kitchen, where she offers him some of the cold duck salad she'd found the time to prepare.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 12:56 PM
:smalltongue:

Dani smiles back, seemingly hardly perturbed by her friend's unfortunatly altered appearance, then turns in her chair to face the table, grabs Manual of the Planes, a Guide for Travelleres of the Fair and Foul Areas of Existence, and resumes her research.

((Lunch))

Morty
2009-05-08, 12:59 PM
Wenomir eats some of the salad, mostly because he doesn't want to offend the woman.
So... are you a member here?

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 01:34 PM
Wenomir eats some of the salad, mostly because he doesn't want to offend the woman.
So... are you a member here?

Damnation! Apologies, M0rt, the server ate my post, and I didn't realise!
The woman shakes her head to the negative, and gives him a smile, grabbing at a piece of duck herself.

Morty
2009-05-08, 01:45 PM
((No problem.))
Would you like to become a member?

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 01:53 PM
The woman shrugs, and looks about, a questioning look on her face. However, swiftly realising she isn't a mime, she looks around for a pad of paper, and smiles, writing with her finger on the top sheet, using mustard sauce.
Writing in some kind of odd pictogram system.

Oh, boy.

Morty
2009-05-08, 01:56 PM
Wenomir watches what the woman is writing, but without much hope of understanding it.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 01:58 PM
Noting his expression, the woman gives up on her slightly odd, complex looking pictographic question, and gets a clean sheet of paper, upon which she draws a picture, fairly accurately, of Wenomir, then a picture of GLoG, the building (but as a bird's eye view), and then a fairly sloppy question mark.
((deadtime))

Morty
2009-05-08, 02:00 PM
Wenomir looks at the picture with raised eyebrow, deadtiming.

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 04:24 PM
((Excuse me if I'm doing this wrong, S.V.P. I PMed Lex-cat....So, here goes.))
Nervously, Doctor Marcos da Oliveria knocks on the door to GLoG.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 04:47 PM
The door opens. Dr. Marcos will see a pixie floating in front of him. May we help you? Would you like some cake? It's fresh.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-08, 04:52 PM
((Excuse me if I'm doing this wrong, S.V.P. I PMed Lex-cat....So, here goes.))
Nervously, Doctor Marcos da Oliveria knocks on the door to GLoG.

And Czernov, a muscular Eastern European man, several guns at his belt, dressed in grey and green combat gear, his green eyes slightly suspicious, approaches the door, a little way behind the pixie. Hello? His accent is tinged with something Eastern European, a hint of German, perhaps? Or maybe somewhere else.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 05:37 PM
Lex turns to Czernov. Hey. Should we attempt to bring the Deadtimed person inside?

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 05:45 PM
The Doctor comes out of deadtime. No, I can walk in, thank you. He says with an embarrassed blush. Meu nome é Médico Marcos da Oliveria. E você? He gives himself a face palm. Excuse me, I mean, my name is Doctor Marcos da Oliveria. And you?

FireFox
2009-05-08, 05:53 PM
Sam is wandering the base, whistling happily.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 06:14 PM
My name is Lexington. But most just call me Lex. How about that cake, it's chocolate with fresh strawberries mixed in.

She flutters a few paces ahead of him. What brings you here, other than the cake? She smiles and gives him a wink.

((Lex is about 2" small, btw.))

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 06:19 PM
Doctor Marcos smiles awkwardly. Personally, I came so I could better myself. I'm a doctor now, but I feel like that there's a greater calling than meager surgery, I need to help the world. The Good League of Good seemed like a...good place to find out just how I can help people. And why did you come here, other than the cake, Lex? And I'd love some, by the way.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 06:47 PM
I came here because my Mistress Happ... Chelonie came here. And I follow wherever she goes. I'm one of the founders. She whispers the last bit conspiratorially.

She hands him a slice of cake. It looks, smells, and should taste delicious. A surgeon would be a good thing to have here. We have an infirmary. And our usual doctor isn't always here, so it's left to the med-drones.

Oh, and he's a vampire. She adds as an afterthought.

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 06:53 PM
He tries this cake. I like this cake...and you don't have a surgeon? I have a job.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 07:29 PM
((Well, technically you do have Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. :smalltongue:
...but, seeing as she's blind, somebody else to do the sawbones work as opposed to Laying On Hands might be a good idea...))

Quinn is still tending on the paitents in the infirmary, as her player waits for KK to comment on if she's having any success.

Dani has fallen asleep again in the Library, her head resting on a pile of books, red hair sprawled out in a scarlet halo around her face. She looks to be having a pleasant dream...

BR-the-player, regrettably short of time this evening, scurries off for a few hours. v.v

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 07:34 PM
Yup, you're hired. Enjoy the cake. Lex flutters away.

((I didn't know Quinn is a doctor. :smallconfused: Shows how much I've paid attention to this place recently. :smallredface:))

FireFox
2009-05-08, 07:37 PM
Sam is still walking around, uncharacteristically cheerful.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 07:42 PM
Lex finds Sam and hovers in front of her. Hi Sam. She says smiling, then notices Sam's happy? What's wrong? She frowns. Did someone break you?

FireFox
2009-05-08, 07:44 PM
What? Nothing's wrong. She gets it and then laughs. Hardy har har. I'm just... in a good mood.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 08:03 PM
Sorry, I just never saw you this way before. I thought you were happy to be grumpy. So why are you, um, in a good mood?

FireFox
2009-05-08, 08:08 PM
Yeah, okay. Sam blushes slightly and looks away. It's a long story that begins and ends with Dani.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 08:17 PM
Daisuke walks by and hears that last part.

Hello, Sam. What's a long story that begins and ends with Dani?

Sam should be able to see the edge of a discolouration on his chest.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 08:32 PM
Hey Daisuke. Lex here was just asking why I was so happy... Realizing she should backpadal before they get the wrong, but correct, impression, Sam shrugs nonchalantly. She sort of talked me through some my depression.

((Deadtime...))

horngeek
2009-05-08, 08:33 PM
Okay.

Daisuke heads to his room and goes to sleep.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 08:47 PM
((Well, technically you do have Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. :smalltongue:
...but, seeing as she's blind, somebody else to do the sawbones work as opposed to Laying On Hands might be a good idea...))

Quinn is still tending on the paitents in the infirmary, as her player waits for KK to comment on if she's having any success.

Dani has fallen asleep again in the Library, her head resting on a pile of books, red hair sprawled out in a scarlet halo around her face. She looks to be having a pleasant dream...

BR-the-player, regrettably short of time this evening, scurries off for a few hours. v.v

Why should I know? They're Kaela's NPCs. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 09:10 PM
>.>

<.<

The deadtime ooze covering DC and KR in the infirmary starts to lift, I suppose...

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 09:14 PM
((Well then, in that case her player waits on Kael. :smalltongue:
...and yeah, Quinn, being telepath and paladin, fits pretty well as a nurse, at least.
And you need to pay more attention then Lex! :smallbiggrin:))

Quinn, with nothing left to do in the Infirmary for the moment, decides to head for the swimming pool, stopping by her quarters to change into a swimsuit before starting there.

Dani, having woken up from her nap, starts putting the books away in the library.

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 09:20 PM
Marcos walks into the library. He notices Dani, quickly blushes, and covers his eyes with a Fairy Tale. It's obvious that he's shy. And nervous.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:22 PM
Daisuke wakes up and heads to the library, for some light reading.

He still hasn't put his captain's Haori on yet.

Hello, Dani. What are you reading up on?

Dani may notice the edge of that discolouration on his chest.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 09:23 PM
((I think you mean Dani, not Sam.))

----

Indeed. Your move.

----

Phoenix and Jazirian are... wherever.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 09:30 PM
Dani looks around and smiles at Marcos. Hi! I don't think we've met before? I'm Dani! Who are you?
Before he can answer Daisuke arrives. Daise! She skips over and goes to hug him. What happened to your chest? I was reading up on the planes and planar travel...

Quinn, having slipped out of the infirmary either just in time or just too soon, makes it to the pool with the assistance of Herbert the Drone, and dives in.

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 09:33 PM
*looks back*

DC, then, looks like he's about to collapse for a second, before holding himself up again.

Then he :smalleek:s for some reason.

I don't think...

Lex-Kat
2009-05-08, 09:35 PM
Lex shrugs, then flies off to go work in the Top Secret Cake Baking Factory.

((DEADTIME))

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:35 PM
Daisuke gets hugged. He pulls the top of his clothes to the side to reveal that the discolouration is covering most of his chest. It almost looks like a pernament bruise.

What, this? That's just an old scar. Recieved from a Hollow. I wasn't watching him properly and he managed to get a good hit in.

You're thinking about how to get to where that demon is, aren't you?

He then pulls the top back and hugs back.

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 09:36 PM
((What'cha talkin' bout? :tongue:))
Marcos puts down his book. Oi. Meu nome é Médico Marcos da Oliveria. E você? He blushes, as he spoke Portruguese again. I mean, hi, I'm Doctor Marcos da Oliveria. And you? He says, with an embarressed smile. It's kinda cute, but also awkward.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 09:36 PM
Sam resumes wandering, now that it seems Lex is deadtimed.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 09:41 PM
Aww...that had to hurt! Dani winces sympathetically before stepping back and nodding. Yeah. Unfortunatly it looks like the way the planes are aligned it'll be almost a month before we can get there...

Shaking her head and looking a little sad for a moment, she perks back up and smiles at Marcos. It's nice to meet you Marcos! I'm Danielle Williams, but everybody calls me Dani. You're a doctor? That's cool!

---

Alas for Lex deadtiming, because Dani needs to see a pixie about baking a cake. :smalltongue:

----

If Sam wanders by the pool, she might spot Quinn swimming.

horngeek
2009-05-08, 09:44 PM
It is nice to meet you, Doctor. I'm Daisuke Hayashi, but you can call me Daisuke.

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 09:46 PM
Well...I'm the new doctor here, I guess. I was old that you needed one...or something. Tell me, am I the only living doctor? He smiles at Daisuke. Hi, Daisuke.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 09:46 PM
Sam does wander in and watches Quinn.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 09:49 PM
KR watches DC concernedly.
"What happen?"
Somebody set us up the bomb!

----

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 09:51 PM
It... It isn't safe. PEACE isn't safe.

I think, in his worrying, he just found out why PEACE is one of the places he really wouldn't want KR to go to.

I wonder what it is...? Or maybe who... :smallamused:

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 09:52 PM
Quinn, wearing a quite modest, one-piece blue swimsuit, is doing laps in the pool, making pretty good time, especially given her handicap.

She doesn't seem to notice that she's being watched.

-----

Well, we do have a paladin who does healing, but she can't do detailed stuff 'cause she's blind and all. So you'll be able to do a lot of good here! Dani grins cheerfully.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 09:53 PM
Sam just watches her for sake of watching something. She is unaware of the blind thing, I think...?

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 09:55 PM
I hope I can help. 12 years of training and another 5 of magic training have to pay off somewhere. Where is this paladin, anyways? He says, getting more comfortable with Dani.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:00 PM
It... It isn't safe. PEACE isn't safe.

I think, in his worrying, he just found out why PEACE is one of the places he really wouldn't want KR to go to.

I wonder what it is...? Or maybe who... :smallamused:

"Why? I mean, of course PEACE is never safe, but why is it more dangerous than usual?"

I think it's because there's a necromancer there who needs some virgins for his spell, and KR fits the bill.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:04 PM
Probably. BR is pretty sure Sam and Quinn haven't previously encountered each other.

Speaking of Quinn, having finished her laps, she starts doing the breaststroke.
Herbert the Drone, meanwhile, buzzes over in Sam's direction.
Query: Can I help you Miss Goswell?

-----

Well, she spends a lot of time in the Infirmary, if you go there you're sure to run into her at some point! Dani says cheerfully and chirpily.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:06 PM
Of course she does, what character of BR's doesn't?
Uh, no, not really. I'm doing just fine... ...How are you?

Falgorn
2009-05-08, 10:09 PM
She....well...I'll go check up on her, then...it's what a doctor does... He says, getting obviously nervous. Where's the infirmary?

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 10:13 PM
"Why? I mean, of course PEACE is never safe, but why is it more dangerous than usual?"

I think it's because there's a necromancer there who needs some virgins for his spell, and KR fits the bill.

Actually, it is an elderly cyborg sniper out to cause a certain kind of disaster involving psychics and rampages. For a second time. But that works too.

Did you ever meet Drelin? Old man with a sniper rifle?

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:13 PM
Shrike? :smalltongue:

Statement: I am very well.
Expanding Statement: Mistress Quinn is doing well as well.
Query: Do you need any healing or other medical needs?

----

Dani giggles and points in the appropriate direction. It's that way! And don't worry, she's nice.

Of course, she's not in the infirmary at the moment either, but Dani doesn't know that. :smalltongue:

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:16 PM
Uh no, no thanks... Sam then leaves and resumes wandering.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:20 PM
"No... I don't think I have..."

dotdotdot

[ellipses]

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:21 PM
Hopeful statement: Have a nice day!

Swimming Quinn continues swimming.

Dani, meanwhile, skips her way out of the library, heading for the kitchen.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:23 PM
Sam runs into Dani and tries to sweep her up into a hug.

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 10:24 PM
"No... I don't think I have..."

dotdotdot

[ellipses]

He's out to make me lose control and... Destroy this place. And one of the ways he could do that is...

How does he know? He doesn't, actually.

He does believe it, though. And here's a little secret.

He is right.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:31 PM
"Alright. But where am I going to go? I don't belong here."

Like an old man could take out KR. Remember when she was a super-badass Killer Robot? Now she has Force Powers.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:34 PM
Eeek!
And swept up Dani is!
Laughing happily as she returns it tightly kissing Sam's cheeks.
Sammie! I missed you...

Draken
2009-05-08, 10:35 PM
(Ooh. Someone else who speaks portuguese. Brazilian friend?)

Antom stops just outside the infirmary, leaning on a wall out of view and hearing DC and KR speak.

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:35 PM
Mm. Sam reluctantly puts Dani down, but still holds on to her tightly. I missed you too.

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 10:37 PM
"Alright. But where am I going to go? I don't belong here."

Like an old man could take out KR. Remember when she was a super-badass Killer Robot? Now she has Force Powers.

Sniper.

I don't know. I'm sorry.

Jkoshe
2009-05-08, 10:38 PM
A man wearing what is essentially a colourful sheaf of red black and white fabric with tassels, bells and whistles. (Think a jesters costume only with some flair, no pantaloons, less puffy then that.) wanders up to the door he appears to be unarmed. He's well shaved and has short blonde hair... Oh yes he walks up to the door and moves his hand in a fashion that could be described as a knock. Only it appears he isn't knocking GloG, just knocking on their door.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:41 PM
Dani holds on just as tight, smiling broadly and blissfully up at Sam.
I was just going to get a drink or somethin', you thirsty darling?

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:44 PM
Sure, at the Taverna? Sam smiles down at Dani, an expression of such perfect contentment that anybody who knew her for the last decade would become completely unnerved seeing plastered on her face.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:48 PM
Ooh, that sounds like fun! Dani nods and grins, spinning around so she can slip her arm into the taller redhead's and squeeze it. Lead the way!

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:49 PM
A floating Servant Drone, not dissimilar to the one in Darkcomet's avatar, except with a red eye, opens the door for the jester person.
Greeting: Welcome to the Good League of Good!
Request: Please state your name for the visitor's log.
Query: Would you like some cake?
Query: Would you like some other refreshments besides cake?

FireFox
2009-05-08, 10:50 PM
Sam laughs and walks to the front door, where she stops after opening it to find someone there. Hullo.

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 10:51 PM
Sniper.

I don't know. I'm sorry.

>.>
<.<

*poke*

Jkoshe
2009-05-08, 10:54 PM
Mr. Guy jester person. Here by known as Laricino bows with all that hand waving and putting by the waist rubbish. Greetings fair lady and floating orb. I'm you humble servant known simply as Laricino, while I would be grateful for some refreshments I fear times are hard and I have no way to repay you except for any entertainment I could offer you.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 10:57 PM
"That's okay. I'll think of something."

----

The drone floats off to get cake, and a tall glass of milk. Yay.

The Bushranger
2009-05-08, 10:59 PM
Dani, her arm tucked in Sam's, smiles at the newcomer. Well, I don't think we do refreshments and payment here...but we do have cake!
Which, of course, the drone is fetching! Yay!

FireFox
2009-05-08, 11:00 PM
Letting the drone handle things, Sam smiles politely and leads Dani to the Taverna.

Jkoshe
2009-05-08, 11:08 PM
Larcino steps in and wipes his slippers on the rug. Well tries. Alignment. Purple fuzzy flying things? Wait that's just a cloud. I don't really do alignment... he just is... A pleasure to meet you two I can tell your in a hurry to be off so I won't keep you.

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 11:12 PM
"That's okay. I'll think of something."

It'll work out. Always does.

DC looks down, then back up.

...I must seem pathetic right now...

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-08, 11:16 PM
"You're never pathetic..."

----

The cake is served...

((deadtime.))

Darkcomet
2009-05-08, 11:19 PM
Even now, when I can barely stand?

Or float.

Jkoshe
2009-05-08, 11:20 PM
Oh boy cake and milk a truly delicious and healthy meal. Larcino will eat it and drink it as he sees fit. Occasionally playing the little trick with it.. like telekinetically pulling a piece towards him or juggling a piece of cake before it reaches his mouth and other such shenanigans

horngeek
2009-05-09, 12:56 AM
Daisuke waits while Dani leaves the library.

He sighs. He needs to have control over his Inner Hollow, and he needs to have it before he actually harms somone.

He's just hoping that Sam was right.

He goes to the security area and finds a security bot, giving it whispered instructions and going down to the detention area with it.

Once there, he goes into the strongest cell and sits down on the floor. The security bot, along with about another 100, are outside. The door is sealed.

Until I give Daisuke's next action, GLoG will be shaking. You decide when.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-09, 01:43 AM
Even now, when I can barely stand?

Or float.

"It's not always about your physical strength DC."

----

Luckily, the ranks of the hundred brave little drones contain not only the Sec-Is and the Sec-IIs, but the shinier and all together spiffier Sec-IIIs, built specifically to take down high powered characters. Speaking of which, I need to create pages for them. But for now, here's a quick guide.

Sec-I: Laser and Warspork, used for normal security duties.
Sec-II: Lasers and Rapid-Fire weapons, used for heavy duty security.
Sec-III: Magic Suppression Rays (not the same as Anti-magic), Cold Iron/Silver nets, used for locking down supernatural forces.

All are, of course, inherently useless, being NPCs. :smalltongue:

----

GLoG is shaking. Phoenix abruptly stops playing the piano.
"By the gods..."

----

Jazirian is not in the base.

horngeek
2009-05-09, 01:49 AM
Yeah. About a hundered Sec-III's are currently outside the door to the cell that Daisuke's in.

A servant drone floats/walks up to Pheonix.

Reassuring Statement: We are currently assisting a member of GLoG to control one of his powers that has recently developed.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-09, 01:55 AM
I don't think the base has that many. Probably about 20, tops. They are quite powerful, despite their useless NPC-ness-ness. Shall we say... 50 Sec-I drones, 40 Sec-II drones and 10 Sec-III drones? That's probably enough to take out a small army, including high-level mages and fighters.

----

"That's not very reassuring, if you would consider that the entire base is being shook just by that."

horngeek
2009-05-09, 01:58 AM
Okay.

Statment: The name of the member is Daisuke Hayashi.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-09, 02:05 AM
:eek:

"That's even less reassuring!"