PDA

View Full Version : Wow, V is *POWERFUL*

JonahFalcon
2009-05-08, 02:33 AM
Warped reality as we know it.

Didn't one of the "contractors" have that ability? The evil Elan wizard?

Laughing Dragon
2009-05-08, 08:49 AM
Warped reality as we know it.

Didn't one of the "contractors" have that ability? The evil Elan wizard?

I don't recall that he HAS that ability. I do recall that he wished to try to "tear down reality" or somesuch "just to see if you (he) can."

V's problem is that he now faces TWO mid-high level spell casters. The next comic should be interesting!

Badgercloak
2009-05-08, 02:26 PM
Biggest understatement ever. V is mid to high level, the other souls are each epic level. Soul spliced V's = V's lv + soul1(min lv 21) + soul2(min lv 21).

Powergaming: Darwinism at its best. :smallbiggrin:

liooil2000
2009-05-08, 03:35 PM
If this was just a random game of D&D with no plot, just a battle, Xykon and Redcloak will get OWNED.

Snake-Aes
2009-05-08, 03:43 PM
Biggest understatement ever. V is mid to high level, the other souls are each epic level. Soul spliced V's = V's lv + soul1(min lv 21) + soul2(min lv 21).

Powergaming: Darwinism at its best. :smallbiggrin:

You can't just sum it all up together because the number of actions is still limited, not very different than a gestalt character. I'd guess that V's enjoying the savings of the highest guy, the hp of them all (as temporary hit points, maybe?), the attack rolls of the highest of them, and so on, summing all class features together(which is basically ten or so feats, plus the spells).
I'd say, if both souls are 24 to 26, that V's currently at 14||15 + 15, you're looking at a CR 30 here.

Dagren
2009-05-09, 07:11 AM
You can't just sum it all up together because the number of actions is still limited, not very different than a gestalt character. I'd guess that V's enjoying the savings of the highest guy, the hp of them all (as temporary hit points, maybe?), the attack rolls of the highest of them, and so on, summing all class features together(which is basically ten or so feats, plus the spells).
I'd say, if both souls are 24 to 26, that V's currently at 14||15 + 15, you're looking at a CR 30 here.See, I would probably be inclined to treat V as a multiclass character. I know you can't normally multiclass wizard with wizard, but this is an unusual situation.

Kareasint
2009-05-09, 07:30 AM
V has a lot of power but his attention has to be on numerous targets at once. He basically is going to get two spells off per round (Quicken Spell feat) unless another surprise is pulled out of the hat here.

We have two epic level casters here. It would not be outside the realm of possibility that one of them took the Multispell Epic Feat. If Ganonron or Jephton has the feat, then V will be able to cast more quickened spells per round.

Mr. Scaly
2009-05-09, 08:33 AM
I would laugh so hard if it turned out Xykon, Jephton and Ganonron were old drinking buddies or something.

Kareasint
2009-05-09, 08:59 AM
I would laugh so hard if it turned out Xykon, Jephton and Ganonron were old drinking buddies or something.

Comic Irony

Dixieboy
2009-05-09, 12:27 PM
I'd say, if both souls are 24 to 26, that V's currently at 14||15 + 15, you're looking at a CR 30 here.
I'd use ECL to measure a PC, but since it basically is the same thing (Minor differences but in this case they are equal)

But unless the giant and me do math in a different way V cannot possibly be only level 30.
The reason?
The dragons.

He slaughtered, how many again?
I count at least 11 adult black dragons. (Quite a few more, but these are the ones i am completely certain are adults, some may be older.)
Each at around CR 11 too
Add the rest.

You have plenty o' XP there for V to gain a level if his ECL was only 30 :/
+ the other ones, that's some MASSIVE CR right there

Silverraptor
2009-05-11, 12:29 AM
Ya he's poweful. Just not enough it seems.

Kish
2009-05-11, 11:41 AM
My response to the thread title, now, is...

"Was."

Dagren
2009-05-12, 05:21 AM
My response to the thread title, now, is...

"Was."Still is. Whether she's just been brought down to Xykon's level, or whether that last blast took her to below his level, remains to be seen, but even if the splices have both been brought down to V's level (≈14) it's still a boost over her regular abilities.

Nekomata
2009-05-12, 02:54 PM
We have two epic level casters here. It would not be outside the realm of possibility that one of them took the Multispell Epic Feat. If Ganonron or Jephton has the feat, then V will be able to cast more quickened spells per round.
If they had it, they'd have used it before. Or now, adding another quickened something, something that liches aren't immune to, after the chain lightning.

The dragons.
Necromancer has left the building, and she was the highest level. You can't estimate V-mix' current power level based on the "familicide" spell.

JonahFalcon
2009-05-12, 03:54 PM
Okay, um, I was making reference to the fact that suddenly OTTS was replaced by Erfworld 159. :smallwink: