PDA

View Full Version : My very own MitD theory, with -GRAPHICAL- evidence.

ZerglingOne
2009-05-08, 04:09 AM
So here it is, a slightly subtle hint that the MitD is at least part tarrasque. This is the Go board, flipped upside down, horizontally, and outlined, with the eyes where the holes were. I added the mouth, and colored it tarrasque orange. I dunno, it's pretty convincing if you ask me, quick and horrible Photoshop job notwithstanding.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x20/ZerglingOne/prettygoodproof-1.jpg

Edit: Scanned in a picture of big T from my MM and mag lasso'd his face and put him side by side with the Go outline.

shadzar
2009-05-08, 04:36 AM
I just got this big problem with it being a tarrasque, and it might just be my poor depth perception in general. Wouldn't that small amount of darkness it seems to be in, especially the box, have its horns sticking out very far and even out of the darkness? Also depending on edition each T has looked vastly different. The shell carapace T-rex like of 1st edition, to the near bi-ceritops of 4h edition.

Now I don't mind being wrong at all, but I can't figure out how even a small one would fit in that amount of darkness, but possible; or worse, how a tarrasque would fit in that box at all!

Very nice drawing. You should have masked the T you drew over the stones to show both through the opacity so people could see what you were connecting together.

I am not wanting to argue with anyone that says it is Big T, but I REALLY want to see how it could fit in that box if/when its time for reveal comes.

Then again a tight small box could be trying to make it uncomfortable and "more" mean.

Starscream
2009-05-08, 04:44 AM
I'm actually pretty impressed by this. It could still be a heck of a coincidence, but if the Giant did that intentionally it would be pretty clever.

ZerglingOne
2009-05-08, 04:51 AM
I just got this big problem with it being a tarrasque, and it might just be my poor depth perception in general. Wouldn't that small amount of darkness it seems to be in, especially the box, have its horns sticking out very far and even out of the darkness? Also depending on edition each T has looked vastly different. The shell carapace T-rex like of 1st edition, to the near bi-ceritops of 4h edition.

Now I don't mind being wrong at all, but I can't figure out how even a small one would fit in that amount of darkness, but possible; or worse, how a tarrasque would fit in that box at all!

Very nice drawing. You should have masked the T you drew over the stones to show both through the opacity so people could see what you were connecting together.

I am not wanting to argue with anyone that says it is Big T, but I REALLY want to see how it could fit in that box if/when its time for reveal comes.

Then again a tight small box could be trying to make it uncomfortable and "more" mean.

Re-Uploaded a side-by-side for better reference!

JustRain
2009-05-08, 04:55 AM
I have thought of a tarrasque, because it's so strong and all, but as Starscream just said: A tarrasque is BIG. Really big. Besides, he just mentioned his dad! So unless the big tarrasque decided to mate with... I dunno, some good-aligned smaller thing, I doubt it's a tarrasque, and even so, it's only half.

MisterLeirus
2009-05-08, 05:09 AM
Maybe Tarrasques start small, and grown up over the millenia? Do we know this? There is something about Tarrasque description, however, that fits perfectly :

"They are neutrally aligned, for despite their violent and savage nature, they lack the mental capacity to choose between good or evil"

Hum !

shadzar
2009-05-08, 05:19 AM
Re-Uploaded a side-by-side for better reference!

Now that makes it even harder to argue it is not a tarrasque. :smallconfused:

Prak
2009-05-08, 05:25 AM
actually your graphical evidence could just as easily support the theory that the MitD is part dire-rabbit...

Anyway, not a bad theory, or basis, but... well, no one will know until we get there, just like the afterlife.

ZerglingOne
2009-05-08, 05:30 AM
actually your graphical evidence could just as easily support the theory that the MitD is part dire-rabbit...

Anyway, not a bad theory, or basis, but... well, no one will know until we get there, just like the afterlife.

Haha! Dire rabbit xD. Honestly, with his foot thump of doom I wouldn't necessarily doubt it. But the Tarrasque is a colossal sized beast that eats everything in its path, so like I said, likely part Tarrasque. This is especially relevant because there can technically only be one fully fledged Tarrasque on the planet at any given time.

Omegonthesane
2009-05-08, 05:39 AM
Haha! Dire rabbit xD. Honestly, with his foot thump of doom I wouldn't necessarily doubt it. But the Tarrasque is a colossal sized beast that eats everything in its path, so like I said, likely part Tarrasque. This is especially relevant because there can technically only be one fully fledged Tarrasque on the planet at any given time.

At a guess, tarrasques reproduce in a similar way to Lavos, eating the world's positive energy and using it to send their spawn to other planets. That, or the 1 per planet rule can be ignored.

Also, this leaves room for MitD to be half tarrasque, half dire were-rabbit. The latter would explain both his size and his ability to talk.

Holammer
2009-05-08, 06:37 AM
This ladies and gentlemen is how conspiracy theories start. Up to par with people seeing crystalline castles on the moon by adding tons of Photoshop filters.
Still a fun theory. If Rich really intended to draw a tarrasque using the Go pieces you'll have bragging rights for years to come. I myself believe the MitD is a piece of the snarl.

Snake-Aes
2009-05-08, 06:59 AM
This ladies and gentlemen is how conspiracy theories start. Up to par with people seeing crystalline castles on the moon by adding tons of Photoshop filters.
Still a fun theory. If Rich really intended to draw a tarrasque using the Go pieces you'll have bragging rights for years to come. I myself believe the MitD is a piece of the snarl.

The snarl is nothing but a mass of pure hate that can alter reality itself. I truly doubt a "piece" ofi t could escape, much less become smart enough to communicate, or not alter reality into nothing anyway.

CallingCtulhu
2009-05-08, 07:09 AM
I'm sure after the Big T theories the Giant has seen, The Giant will make TMITD's reveal as anticlimacic as possible :D

Killer Angel
2009-05-08, 07:27 AM
So here it is, a slightly subtle hint that the MitD is at least part tarrasque.
Scanned in a picture of big T from my MM and mag lasso'd his face and put him side by side with the Go outline.

I appreciate the effort, and the graphic comparison (the first, as far as i Know), but before opening a new thread, you should check the existing threads on the matter (post n. 25 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110908)), on this forum page.

Big T. is often mentioned in 3 or 4 different current threads.
Anyway, given the fact that you probably didn't know this... good call! :smalltongue:

DigoDragon
2009-05-08, 08:24 AM
The snarl is nothing but a mass of pure hate that can alter reality itself. I truly doubt a "piece" ofi t could escape, much less become smart enough to communicate, or not alter reality into nothing anyway.

I'm half-way thinking it would be an interesting twist. It could add an interesting new dimension to the snarl. Might even explain Redcloak's comment that he hasn't seen it since studying the rift.

ZerglingOne
2009-05-08, 03:38 PM
I appreciate the effort, and the graphic comparison (the first, as far as i Know), but before opening a new thread, you should check the existing threads on the matter (post n. 25 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110908)), on this forum page.

Big T. is often mentioned in 3 or 4 different current threads.
Anyway, given the fact that you probably didn't know this... good call! :smalltongue:

Actually I did know this. I posted it in my own thread because I hadn't seen a graphical comparison yet and I don't think it would have had quite the same impact had I been on page 2 or 3, or 15 of another thread. I suppose it really isn't my very own theory...more like proof of others.

Morgan Wick
2009-05-09, 12:41 AM

This is my new favorite MitD theory.

What's a better way to use something "pre-existing" in a comic like this than with a Monty Python reference?
:xykon:: Here he is!
:elan:: Where?
:xykon:: Here!
:roy:: What? Behind the rabbit?
:xykon:: It is the rabbit!
:durkon:: You silly sod!
:xykon:: What?
:belkar:: You got us all worked up!
:xykon:: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
:belkar:: Ohh.
:xykon:: This is the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
:durkon:: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
:xykon:: Look, this rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
:belkar:: Get stuffed!
:xykon:: He'll do[s you up a treat, mate.
:belkar:: Oh yeah?
:durkon:: You manky Scots git!
:xykon:: I'm warning you!
:haley:: What's he do? Nibble your bum?
:xykon:: He's got huge, sharp... er... He can leap about. Look at the bones!
:roy:: Go on, Belkar. Chop his head off!
:belkar:: Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
:mitd:: Um -
:belkar:: AAAGH!
:roy:: By the Gods!
:xykon:: I warned you!
:durkon:: I done it again!
:xykon:: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

shadzar
2009-05-09, 12:47 AM
I don't know which is worse. Thinking about Leonard Part 6 with the rabbits, Monty Python and those rabbits, or Donny Darko.

Felyndiira
2009-05-09, 01:21 AM
That's interesting, though; no matter how I look at the go board, all I can see is a dancing cat:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7379/seethis.jpg

Xondoure
2009-05-09, 01:29 AM
That's interesting, though; no matter how I look at the go board, all I can see is a dancing cat:

i like this theory better.

Greep
2009-05-09, 01:38 AM
i like this theory better.

Me too, makes use of every group of go pieces :D

I wonder if just the black pieces make anything.

Also, it's interesting that the black living group that's surrounded fits exactly the same as the MitD's image in the box. Personally I think that's what he was going for.

raven-gm
2009-05-09, 01:57 AM
At a guess, tarrasques reproduce in a similar way to Lavos, eating the world's positive energy and using it to send their spawn to other planets. That, or the 1 per planet rule can be ignored.

You're my hero.

xyzzy
2009-05-09, 03:19 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Here's one:

Monster-san is made out of giant Go stones.

...but really, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

shadzar
2009-05-09, 03:27 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Here's one:

Monster-san is made out of giant Go stones.

:mitd: (o.o) "Someone is gonna try to smoke me?"

The Go board does have some info, whether it is to aide us in learning what he is, or for him to learn how to live for himself, is another story.

Galderon
2009-05-09, 09:27 AM
How would a tarusque(spellcheck?) even a new-born, fit under that tiny-ass umbrella in the azure city comics?

Dagren
2009-05-09, 12:16 PM
How would a tarusque(spellcheck?) even a new-born, fit under that tiny-ass umbrella in the azure city comics?More to the point, why does everyone seem to think that a mini-tarasque should have the strength of a full sized one?

TerraImmorits
2009-05-09, 01:14 PM
More to the point, why does everyone seem to think that a mini-tarasque should have the strength of a full sized one?

Because thier all fans of the iPod Nano, and Monty Python?

I personally believe that the MITD is the beast of Yeeaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh...

Graymayre
2009-05-09, 01:28 PM
*Face-palm*

for the love of...

It's a Grue! :smallannoyed:

Flickerdart
2009-05-09, 01:56 PM
Ceci n'est pas un cigar.

Lissou
2009-05-09, 05:06 PM
Actually I did know this. I posted it in my own thread because I hadn't seen a graphical comparison yet and I don't think it would have had quite the same impact had I been on page 2 or 3, or 15 of another thread. I suppose it really isn't my very own theory...more like proof of others.

Well, I don't want to be miss spoilsport here, but the board rules specify you're not supposed to start lots of threads about the exact same thing. The fact that you acknowledge that you created your own thread mostly so it would stand out more than posting in an existing more doesn't make it better.

I suspect mods will have to merge the existing threads now as they usually do in such a case, and that's extra work for them.

As I said, not trying to be a spoilsport here. But all these similar threads are annoying, and knowing that at least one of them was made on purpose... Let's just say it's close to trolling/spamming/flood in my mind. I mean, with that thinking, everyone would create their own thread instead of posting anywhere, because their posts would stand out better that way.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-09, 05:21 PM
*Face-palm*

for the love of...

It's a Grue! :smallannoyed:

If it were, it would have killed everyone already. It'd run up to them, get them under the umbrella, and eat them. Duh.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-05-09, 05:28 PM

I like the little drawings at the bottom as well. I think we have our MitD!

Raenir Salazar
2009-05-09, 05:39 PM
Its A Headcrab!

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-10, 07:28 PM
MY THEORY:

Dungeonbred (x4) Tarrasque. Dungeonbred is from the Giant's own book! A medium sized Tarrasque using that template would have lost 16 strength, making it strong, but not as strong as a full grown one.

Elan man
2009-05-10, 07:35 PM
thats pretty cool

BardicLasher
2009-05-11, 12:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/FinalMagus/Goboard.jpg

Pixelated image of the go board, for your convenience.

shadzar
2009-05-11, 07:13 PM

From MitD's perspective, thanks for that!

Edna
2009-05-12, 03:35 PM

Hey, that looks like Skull! (http://www.pvponline.com/2009/05/01/friendship-is-rare-part-five/)

Skull is pretty naive, like the MiTD, and he's known for his farts...

7th lvl scrub
2009-05-21, 03:24 PM
He could be a baby...

Optimystik
2009-05-21, 03:30 PM
He could be a baby...

Given his size, innocence, and his comments here, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0549.html) the chances that he is a child are very high.

The MunchKING
2009-05-21, 03:38 PM
If it were, it would have killed everyone already. It'd run up to them, get them under the umbrella, and eat them. Duh.

Not if a caster FROTZed it.

FROTZing Grues is FUN!!

CountD
2009-05-21, 03:42 PM
You realize that this theory has been posted before?

Look for the thread "The MitD Revealed in All His Glory"

Optimystik
2009-05-21, 03:49 PM
You realize that this theory has been posted before?

Look for the thread "The MitD Revealed in All His Glory"

And clearly a lot of people never saw that thread, so this one serves a purpose. What's your point?

Hatchet
2009-05-22, 01:34 AM
The MitD being some kind of Awakened child tarrasque seems plausible. (except that the tarrasque doesn't reproduce, but I'm sure there's a way around that)

For me, the biggest evidence of this is how it reacts to pain. Remember what it said to the lantern archons? "Just shoot me in the face, it's okay if it hurts, I don't mind!" It got attacked by Miko and Belkar and didn't even notice it. It WANTS to get hit by an Empowered Sunburst.

Clearly it doesn't know what pain is. This fits the tarrasque, it has a metric ton of Damage Reduction and Regeneration. (It also has a bunch of immunities, including poison, so it can eat whatever it wants.)

The way it cheerfully asks O-Chul if he got any new scars during torture also supports this. It doesn't recognise that torture is bad, because to it "being in pain" is a meaningless concept. It probably thinks Redcloak and Xykon are just playing a game with O-Chul.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-22, 10:55 AM
young adult amethyst dragon

badam104172
2009-05-22, 12:47 PM
I think i figured it out in OOTS 477, when he hunts Belkar and Haley for a bit and then goes back to rest.

AkodoKoji
2009-05-23, 03:02 PM
Baby Godzilla.

Volkov
2009-05-23, 03:06 PM
It's a mind shard of pandorym given permanence.

Optimystik
2009-05-23, 03:10 PM
Clearly it doesn't know what pain is.

Clearly you haven't read #375 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0375.html) :smalltongue:

FatJose
2009-05-23, 06:23 PM
Clearly you haven't read #375 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0375.html) :smalltongue:

Well, paper cuts hurt a lot for being so small.

JonestheSpy
2009-05-23, 11:49 PM
Well, I certainly don't think there's enough evidence to say exactly what it is, but I do think that ZerglingOne was spot on seeing the upside-down reflection in the go pieces.

Way to make your DC 35 Spot check, Z.

Hatchet
2009-05-24, 12:59 AM

Okay, so it's tongue doesn't have Damage Reduction :smallsmile:

The Extinguisher
2009-05-24, 01:30 AM
Also, it's interesting that the black living group that's surrounded fits exactly the same as the MitD's image in the box. Personally I think that's what he was going for.

This.

MiTD is an animated half box half umbrella.

Edna
2009-05-29, 11:51 AM
My contribution to the graphical-evidence thread:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_a2RLPRNtZbQ/SiAOP64X6gI/AAAAAAAAAMw/HR1fw9pPQ60/s144/goboard.gif

Skull the troll (from PvPonline (http://www.pvponline.com/)) is childlike, roughly medium-sized, known to have gas problems (http://www.pvponline.com/2009/01/16/fardis/).

Edna

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-29, 12:26 PM
I still say it's a young adult amethyst dragon.