PDA

View Full Version : Get your zombie apocalypse kits ready.

strawberryman
2009-05-08, 01:52 PM
BBC NEWS | Europe | EU quarantines London in swine flu panic (http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm)

*looks online for gun stores in St. Paul*

The Netherlands confirms its first case of zombie swine flu, in a three-year-old boy recently returned from Mexico. After passing away early this morning, he rose from the dead and lunged at his mother.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-08, 01:59 PM
Whil I have no issue with reminding everyone that preparedness for the eventual Zombie Apocolypse is vital, I must also remind people to check the URL of anything they see closely.

I must remember to send this link to my parents later today and watch them panic.

chiasaur11
2009-05-08, 02:01 PM
BBC NEWS | Europe | EU quarantines London in swine flu panic (http://bouncewith.me.uk/europe/8027043.htm)

Well, I know at least one person at Valve software is immune. I figure that's the place to go.

I mean, they've been doing the most preparedness drill as of late.

Hell Puppi
2009-05-08, 02:16 PM
Pffft I'll let you guys know when I eventually release my zombie horde.

Actually, my friend Scott will be the first to know, I just won't warn him ahead of time.

:smallbiggrin:

Starscream
2009-05-08, 02:25 PM
I must remember to send this link to my parents later today and watch them panic.

Parents are fun like that. Mine will believe any headline I show them. The Onion is a source of endless yuks, first when I read the article, then when I convince others of its validity.

strawberryman
2009-05-08, 02:32 PM
Whil I have no issue with reminding everyone that preparedness for the eventual Zombie Apocolypse is vital, I must also remind people to check the URL of anything they see closely.

Even if it were serious, I wouldn't take it seriously. *thumbsup*

Mando Knight
2009-05-08, 02:37 PM
See, this is why I go to a generally Genre Savvy school in the Midwest.
1. We know how to handle *random apocalypse scenario* with ease.
2. It's the Missouri, so the students all either have access to a firearm, or know someone who does.

Stormthorn
2009-05-08, 02:41 PM
Pffft I'll let you guys know when I eventually release my zombie horde.

Actually, my friend Scott will be the first to know, I just won't warn him ahead of time.

:smallbiggrin:

You have a zombie horde?

Marry me, please!

Logalmier
2009-05-08, 02:43 PM

Oh man, it's 'World War Z' all over again!:smalleek:

Threeshades
2009-05-08, 02:56 PM
It's because of articles like these that we wont be able to stand against the Zombie apocalypse once it comes. Everybody will just think it's a hoax. :smallmad:
Swine flu jokes are overplayed already.

Hell Puppi
2009-05-08, 07:06 PM
It's because of articles like these that we wont be able to stand against the Zombie apocalypse once it comes. Everybody will just think it's a hoax. :smallmad:
Swine flu jokes are overplayed already.
Exactly as planned.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Xanatos.JPG/250px-Xanatos.JPG

You have a zombie horde?

Marry me, please!

Well the slow zombies are kinda useless, so I'm producing mostly fast now. I was trying to stick evil souls into 'em to make them smarter, but so far they've just proved to be unstable. And really creepy.
The BWMZV* has proven to be a very effective weapon, so I'm not really dissapointed. Plus the zombies crows should spread the initial sickness pretty rapidly.
I'm still trying to think of something that could quickly take out a tank though for a villain-lair guardian. Someone mentioned a Pyramid Head but there's no way I'm making one of those, too much potential for a horrible and ironic death. I'm thinking a zombie Devilsaur, though maybe some creepy zombies are in order. One needs mini-bosses, after all.

* Brotherhood of the Wolf Monster Zombie Version. They're adorable!

edit @ Below- It's a good idea, but a little too 'Resident Evil' for my tastes. I'm thinking something a but quirkier. Though it might bring attractive men to my lair to stop me...hmmm....

Destro_Yersul
2009-05-08, 07:16 PM
Just make a really big mutated super-zombie. Then make it really difficult to kill, probably by giving it an extra-tough hide. That's what I did, and it works like a charm.

Nano
2009-05-08, 07:38 PM
Just make a really big mutated super-zombie. Then make it really difficult to kill, probably by giving it an extra-tough hide. That's what I did, and it works like a charm.

:smallyuk: So YOU'RE responsible for the Tank that just kicked my arse? Jerk.

:smalltongue:

Anuan
2009-05-08, 07:53 PM
* Brotherhood of the Wolf Monster Zombie Version. They're adorable!

If you saw/enjoyed that french movie you may actually be accidently referencing in that quote then I'm afraid I'm going to have to propose to you with a sack in my hand.

Hell Puppi
2009-05-08, 08:02 PM
It wasn't accidental... I loved that movie.
If you squashed it together with Mirrormask, you'd have a good idea on what the inside of my brain is like.

Icewalker
2009-05-08, 08:07 PM
I'm ready. Whole group of friends with extensive plans and abilities. Most of them ready, one way or another, to take on the zombocalypse.

Canadian
2009-05-08, 09:26 PM
Panic on the streets of London. Panic on the streets of Birmingham. I wonder to myself...

Moff Chumley
2009-05-08, 09:32 PM
*Headbangs*
LONDON CALLING TO THE UNDERWORLD!

What?

Anuan
2009-05-08, 11:06 PM
It wasn't accidental... I loved that movie.
If you squashed it together with Mirrormask, you'd have a good idea on what the inside of my brain is like.

Havn't seen that one, but I'm now wiki-ing furiously so I can wow you with quotes and understanding and not have to utilise the sack.

chiasaur11
2009-05-08, 11:14 PM
*Headbangs*
LONDON CALLING TO THE UNDERWORLD!

What?

Zombies calling?

Canadians are our one hope?

Well, lets hope Pilgrim manages to get off his butt, all I'm saying.

Jølly
2009-05-09, 01:10 AM
I got excited reading the thread title then realized it was that article AGAIN! :smallfrown:

KilltheToy
2009-05-09, 09:43 AM
Okay, everyone has their copies of The Zombie Survival Guide, right?

Good.

Everyone's got their kit in order, right?

*gets Winchester ready*

Awesome. Let's go cleanse us a city.

bosssmiley
2009-05-09, 09:45 AM

Europe cut off from civilisation? How terrible for the posturing, jabbering comic foreigners. :smallamused:

(Eggy is a subscriber to the "Fog in the channel, Continent cut off" view of the world)

Chas the mage
2009-05-09, 11:01 PM
dude! thats sick!

http://www.islandcrisis.net/2009/05/h1z1-zombie-swine-flu-hoax-invade-world/

...and in the real world: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/default.stm

Cleverdan22
2009-05-09, 11:29 PM
I've got my shotgun, my shades, a crowbar, some booze, and witty-oneliners at my disposal.

Let's do this sh*t.

Yarram
2009-05-10, 03:17 AM
It's funny how people get all angry about the joke,
"Omg! Itz be a serious matter that can't b laughed at!!!1!"
Especially when only 300 of the 6 billion people of the world have died of it.

Of course we all know they're only upset that they got caught out by the joke.

Chas the mage
2009-05-10, 11:08 AM
when I say sick I don't mean screwed up... I mean somthign along the lines of "awesome", or some other slang equivilent.

GoC
2009-05-10, 11:48 AM
I really hope someone is keeping a copy of this virus!:smallbiggrin:

chiasaur11
2009-05-10, 01:29 PM
I really hope someone is keeping a copy of this virus!:smallbiggrin:

That will only lead to trouble, inferior sequels, and, if we're very lucky, an excellent Bruce Campbell cameo.

So, I guess I'm with you.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-10, 07:54 PM
I've got my shotgun, my shades, a crowbar, some booze, and witty-oneliners at my disposal.

Let's do this sh*t.

You see, I've read the Survival Guide, and it says people like you will be the first to die.

What we really need is Michael Jackson to distract them with dance.

Nah, read the survival guide, its really informative.

strawberryman
2009-05-10, 08:03 PM
I'd be greatly surprised if I wasn't on the list of people who'd die first. Because I would LOOK for hordes of zombies to throw myself into and beat them up with a brass pipe.

I'm totally fine with dying in a blaze of glory stupidity.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-10, 08:17 PM
I'd be greatly surprised if I wasn't on the list of people who'd die first. Because I would LOOK for hordes of zombies to throw myself into and beat them up with a brass pipe.

I'm totally fine with dying in a blaze of glory stupidity.

What about a blaze of pain pain?

strawberryman
2009-05-10, 08:32 PM
Better than dying of boredom or old age! Screw that.

A few minutes or hours of pain is better than trying to survive in such conditions only to eventually die anyway. Most of you can pretty much just write me off as a loony, I don't really care. :smallbiggrin:

Canadian
2009-05-10, 09:11 PM
Toronto squad checking in.

Rally point in Toronto at Finch subway station. I've mounted the minigun on my jeep and the barrels are powered up and spinning.