PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, how will the MitD not be revealed now?

ABB
2009-05-08, 04:11 PM
So, OK, V has, as I was wondering earlier if it would, mounted a direct assault on the big X. Now the big X has the MitD nearby, and maybe redcloak too.

But what if the upgunned V has the power to defeat them? Isn't the first thing X is gonna do, when he realizes he's losing, it look over to the MitD and yell "Hey, you! 3 things: 1. Get outta that cage. 2. SAVE MY ASS!!! 3. Stomp that elf!"

So unless x and reddy and maybe tsukiko can defeat V, X is gonna have to call on the MitD. This could be interesting, as with V's knowledge we'd expect it could ID the MitD easily.

shadzar
2009-05-08, 05:50 PM
V wasn't even going to kill anybody else, just X. So if Redcloak doesn't even get involved and high tails it out of there X could be in deep trouble. V may jsut blast everyone, but being caged like O'Chul V might figure that MitD is an enemy of X like O'Chul and attempt to free it V'self.

Then again V could do all number of things that would not even have anyone but X and V involved.

The question is If X is somehow destroyed, what will the others do, and if permanently destroyed wouldRedcloak have need to keep MitD anymore, or keep it in the darkness?

derfenrirwolv
2009-05-08, 07:54 PM
o chul convinces him to stand aside

There's a big POW and super V winds up back in nowhere forest

NerfTW
2009-05-08, 08:09 PM
OOooh. Good theory. I didn't even realize that.

littlequietguy
2009-05-08, 08:40 PM
V wasn't even going to kill anybody else, just X. So if Redcloak doesn't even get involved and high tails it out of there X could be in deep trouble.

Well I don't know about whether or not V should run away but I would say that it's pretty obvious that he should run away. super-V is known for killing all of the allies of super-his/her dead foes (to jettison all chance of all comeuppance or just to get that completest feeling.
Reallllly reminds me of this strip.
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0022.html)

The MunchKING
2009-05-08, 09:21 PM
V wasn't even going to kill anybody else, just X. So if Redcloak doesn't even get involved and high tails it out of there X could be in deep trouble

Actually that would be the best way for him to SURVIVE, assuming V doesn't see the importance of Hunting down Redcloak.

Xykon can respawn you know...

shadzar
2009-05-08, 09:52 PM
Actually that would be the best way for him to SURVIVE, assuming V doesn't see the importance of Hunting down Redcloak.

Xykon can respawn you know...

Yeah but isn't that like an after thought for X, ALWAYS.

First encountered we had to later learn about his phylactery. So X couldn't show interest in saving Redcloak. Against Soon and the Ghostly paladin brigade Redcloak and X were both screwed, and X didn't pay must attention to that until it was almost too late.

X even let Miko kicks Redcloaks but just prior to the Azure City fight, which shows he isn't always thinking about what Redcloak's survival actually means to him.

It would allow Redcloak to get away unharmed and save X and V to defeat him. But I don't think X actually remembers all the time what is at stake when Redcloak is in danger. So X just might think Redcloak is betraying him and leaving, until later when he returns to the soul form and is OOPS you were saving me, and not just saving yourself. :smallredface:

X is cunning, but not always that bright. Seems like arcane users suffer from bouts of stupidity even with all that high intelligence.

FujinAkari
2009-05-08, 09:59 PM
Guys... you're thinking about this all wrong... Redcloak should be looking to RECRUIT V, not flee him. Why the hell would he want a loose cannon like Xykon with V about?

derfenrirwolv
2009-05-08, 10:17 PM
Guys... you're thinking about this all wrong... Redcloak should be looking to RECRUIT V, not flee him. Why the hell would he want a loose cannon like Xykon with V about?

Right. Its not like V doesn't have his own complaints about how elves take so long to mature and learn to cast their first spells.

shadzar
2009-05-08, 10:24 PM

Assuming I am not a complete moron, though I may be; nobody knows what Redcloak's full intentions are except maybe the hobgoblin leader. V isn't going to join with X because X is the reason V went out and ended up killing the young dragon to loose his mother on V and V's family. So V wants to end X.

IF Redcloak were to do any recruiting, it would need to be done AFTER X is taken care of to take care of a few things.

1: V calming down a bit

FujinAkari
2009-05-08, 11:00 PM
So V wants to end X.

Well yeah, V killing X is exactly what Redcloak would want in such a scenario... he then "confesses" X's plan to unleash the Snarl and lets V know that he (redcloak) possess the means to open a Gate to the Snarl's prison... V then helps build the gate intending to destroy the Snarl aaaannd...

shadzar
2009-05-08, 11:30 PM
Well yeah, V killing X is exactly what Redcloak would want in such a scenario... he then "confesses" X's plan to unleash the Snarl and lets V know that he (redcloak) possess the means to open a Gate to the Snarl's prison... V then helps build the gate intending to destroy the Snarl aaaannd...

See Redcloak cannot give that away, cause V is still a part of OOTS, and Redcloak would surely recognize V. OOTS has sent gone beyond just Roy's quest but to defend the gates as well. So V knowing this would only make Redcloak a target, and unless the Crimson Mantle can protect Redcloak against V better than it did against Miko, then Redcloak really needs to keep his green trap shut for his own safety. V may not know about the Snarl yet, but if it involves the gates, then V will have another part of the purpose for helping Sir Grenhilt out to deal with and destroy Redcloak and any means to which the ends anyone else could control the gates to which he possesses.

FujinAkari
2009-05-08, 11:39 PM
See Redcloak cannot give that away, cause V is still a part of OOTS, and Redcloak would surely recognize V. OOTS has sent gone beyond just Roy's quest but to defend the gates as well. So V knowing this would only make Redcloak a target, and unless the Crimson Mantle can protect Redcloak against V better than it did against Miko, then Redcloak really needs to keep his green trap shut for his own safety. V may not know about the Snarl yet, but if it involves the gates, then V will have another part of the purpose for helping Sir Grenhilt out to deal with and destroy Redcloak and any means to which the ends anyone else could control the gates to which he possesses.

Eh... depends, depends. V's current mindset is very much "Save the bloody world NOW." Why bother with the gates when he can simply -end- the Snarl? If Redcloak sees that, it would be relatively simple to trick V into opening a gate.

shadzar
2009-05-09, 12:06 AM
Eh... depends, depends. V's current mindset is very much "Save the bloody world NOW." Why bother with the gates when he can simply -end- the Snarl? If Redcloak sees that, it would be relatively simple to trick V into opening a gate.

As low intelligence and common sense V seems to exhibit at times, I think V remembers what Elan did to the first gate they came across, and that opening a gate would be worse than destroying one. V is currently more likely to destroy all that know about the gates rather than mess with the gates themselves, as well probably casting some kind of special protective measures on them the likes of which D's gate had so that no other Evil people could touch them as well.

Whatever happens it will be interesting and a world of options exist for ANYTHING to happen. :smallsmile:

rokar4life
2009-05-09, 12:17 AM
As low intelligence and common sense V seems to exhibit at times, I think V remembers what Elan did to the first gate they came across, and that opening a gate would be worse than destroying one. V is currently more likely to destroy all that know about the gates rather than mess with the gates themselves, as well probably casting some kind of special protective measures on them the likes of which D's gate had so that no other Evil people could touch them as well.

Whatever happens it will be interesting and a world of options exist for ANYTHING to happen. :smallsmile:

how the hell do you make the spoiler thing

shadzar
2009-05-09, 12:30 AM
how the hell do you make the spoiler thing

Depends on the forums. Like Bold uses a b inside [ ] [ /], some forums use sblock as the code.

Here uses the whole word spoiler

[ spoiler]This is a spoiler[ /spoiler]

This is a spoiler

rokar4life
2009-05-09, 12:38 AM
Depends on the forums. Like Bold uses a b inside [ ] [ /], some forums use sblock as the code.

Here uses the whole word spoiler

[ spoiler]This is a spoiler[ /spoiler]

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FujinAkari
2009-05-09, 07:18 AM

Wait... what?

V remembers Elan finding a big shiny button and pressing it against the advise of all involved? What does that have to do with anything?

Don't confuse Celia's defense with what -actually- happened, lol

shadzar
2009-05-09, 07:29 AM
Wait... what?

V remembers Elan finding a big shiny button and pressing it against the advise of all involved? What does that have to do with anything?

Don't confuse Celia's defense with what -actually- happened, lol

I would hope so since V probably harbors a little ill will towards Elan for it. So V might think it a good way to trap the other gates. So rather than open a gate or destroy them, V may trap the others, or may have already done so before going to Xykon. We really don't know if V made any stops along the way or brought anyone else to where Xykon is. "A lot can happen in 10 minutes."

Which also means anything can happen with mitd. No tellign what he will say, but O'Chul and he will likely be commentators on the fight to steal the roaches fun.

theinsulabot
2009-05-09, 08:45 PM
maybe V casts allyacide and kills everyone who mentally aligns themselves with X, killing the MitD and all we see his his eyes XX

then next comic is o-chul doing a funeral at the grave site, and we never find out ever