PDA

View Full Version : a (possibly) new idea on the MiTD

rokar4life
2009-05-08, 07:47 PM
could it be a Snorlax. I posted it on another thread joking, and i realized that I could be right, as:
1. It is very well known being the most popular Pokemon(yes its true) which would account for the hunters recognizing it.
2. It cannot speak normally.
3. It eats a lot and a lot of anything.
4. I wouldn't call it intelligent.
5. It shakes the ground as it walks, which would qualify the stomp.
6. And lastly it would be funny.

discuss, argue, disprove do whatever, but I like my idea.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-05-08, 07:58 PM
Popular? It's beat out by Pikachu by a biiiiig margin.

And not only is Snorlax copyrighted, but it's a lot bigger than MitD.

rokar4life
2009-05-08, 08:03 PM
pikachu doesnt even count as a pokemon anymore as its been used for countless other things, snorlax is the most popular one that has not been mascoted by nintendo, a snorlax could totally be that size, what if its a midget snorlax, and copyrights havent stopped them before

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-05-08, 08:04 PM
not only is Snorlax copyrighted, but it's a lot bigger than MitD.

...maybe it's a munchlax. (It's like a snorlax but smaller.) :)

LordZarth
2009-05-08, 08:08 PM
I doubt it. Rich has said that everyone will know what it is, and I've never heard of a Snorlax in my life. Pikachu, yes, of course. Snorlax? No.

xyzzy
2009-05-08, 08:23 PM
I doubt it. Rich has said that everyone will know what it is, and I've never heard of a Snorlax in my life. Pikachu, yes, of course. Snorlax? No.

No he didn't. He said it would be something pre-existing so it could be guessed, not that everyone would immediately know what it was.

Heck, I have some friends who wouldn't know what you were talking about if you said "Yoda", theoretically one of the most well-known fictional characters ever created, so there's no way everyone will know about whatever Monster-san is.

DimJim
2009-05-08, 08:30 PM
If he goes for something popular, he's going to have Leer, then.

Morgan Wick
2009-05-09, 12:20 AM
No he didn't. He said it would be something pre-existing so it could be guessed, not that everyone would immediately know what it was.

Did he actually say "so it could be guessed"? Maybe it IS an aspect of the Snarl...

Elemental_Elf
2009-05-09, 12:23 AM
Heck, I have some friends who wouldn't know what you were talking about if you said "Yoda", theoretically one of the most well-known fictional characters ever created, so there's no way everyone will know about whatever Monster-san is.

They must live under a rock... :smallbiggrin:

theinsulabot
2009-05-09, 08:28 PM
could it be a Snorlax. I posted it on another thread joking, and i realized that I could be right, as:
1. It is very well known being the most popular Pokemon(yes its true) which would account for the hunters recognizing it.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wikipedian_protester.png

its been quite a few years since i played that game, (dunno how long, but my gameboy didnt have any color, and was fairly new) and i dont remember ever even using the worthless piece of crap in my party

chiasaur11
2009-05-09, 08:37 PM
pikachu doesnt even count as a pokemon anymore as its been used for countless other things, snorlax is the most popular one that has not been mascoted by nintendo, a snorlax could totally be that size, what if its a midget snorlax, and copyrights havent stopped them before

Of course.

If you discount Bulbasaur, Charzard, Pikachu, and every other Pokemon more popular than Snorlax as "not counting", then yes, Snorlax is most popular.

Of course, that mean you don't count somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred Pokemon, but...

Haven
2009-05-09, 09:16 PM

If it was a Snorlax, wouldn't it be sleeping, a lot?

Cleverdan22
2009-05-09, 11:24 PM
I don't think its going to be something copyrighted like that. From DnD, sure, but not a random pop culture icon. Talk about the worst one-off joke and anticlimax.

Liwen
2009-05-09, 11:42 PM

I though the most well-known fictional character ever created was Darth Vader :smallamused:

The MunchKING
2009-05-10, 12:00 AM
Popular? It's beat out by Pikachu by a biiiiig margin.

And not only is Snorlax copyrighted, but it's a lot bigger than MitD.

It's only about 5 foot tall IIRC.

Now it WEIGHS a half-ton, but it's seriously not THAT big compared to the unknown size of the MitD.

The MunchKING
2009-05-10, 12:02 AM
...maybe it's a munchlax. (It's like a snorlax but smaller.) :)

Munchlax is less than a foot tall. I seriously doubt it. :smalltongue:

shadzar
2009-05-10, 12:29 AM
I though the most well-known fictional character ever created was Darth Vader :smallamused:

Naw it is Mickey Mouse. (Looking at the Go stones again, so could mitd be as well. :smalleek: )

Selene
2009-05-10, 12:54 AM
Is this snorlax thing different from other Pokemons? Because when my son dragged me to that one movie, all they could say was their name. For fifteen minutes of pure hell. If MitD is a Pokemon, I rescind my favorable opinion of him, and propose that we set him on fire before he starts shouting his name.

kivzirrum
2009-05-10, 12:57 AM
My boyfriend thinks the MitD is a Diglet. I have no idea why.

Dagren
2009-05-10, 03:13 AM
Is this snorlax thing different from other Pokemons? Because when my son dragged me to that one movie, all they could say was their name. For fifteen minutes of pure hell. If MitD is a Pokemon, I rescind my favorable opinion of him, and propose that we set him on fire before he starts shouting his name.Well, we do know that it's unusual for the MitD to be able to speak...

BardicLasher
2009-05-11, 01:01 PM
Naw it is Mickey Mouse. (Looking at the Go stones again, so could mitd be as well. :smalleek: )

Last I heard it was Super Mario. I'ma go look this up...

After a bit of hunting, the best, most smartass answer seems to be "God."

That being said, I could probably rattle off a list of names everybody in the country knows.

Superman
Peter Pan
Dorothy (Gale, but people tend to know her as Dorothy and get confused when you use her last name)
Pikachu, of course
Captain Kirk

Snorlax isn't even CLOSE to this list.

Selene
2009-05-11, 02:55 PM
Well, we do know that it's unusual for the MitD to be able to speak...

I'll get the torches.

shadzar
2009-05-11, 07:38 PM
@BardicLasher Well I was going for well known that would also fit the go stones design a bit. MArio don't quite fit the stones or colors used. :smallconfused:

rokar4life
2009-05-12, 09:27 PM
Pikachu

PIKACHU IS A WHORE

badam104172
2009-05-21, 02:54 PM
wow. how many of you seriously think the giant would make the MitD a freaking pokemon? :yuk:

Optimystik
2009-05-21, 03:32 PM
wow. how many of you seriously think the giant would make the MitD a freaking pokemon? :yuk:

His paladins throw pokeballs...

Don't hit me! I'm not on board with this theory!

Gilby
2009-05-21, 04:16 PM
A modron???
Try looking at the go picture and squint your eyes so the white stones stand out more. It could help folks distingush a form.

rokar4life
2009-05-21, 04:19 PM
you must believe, or snorlax will devour your soul

shadzar
2009-05-21, 04:20 PM
A modron???
Try looking at the go picture and squint your eyes so the white stones stand out more. It could help folks distingush a form.

:smalleek: Oh my!

But does a modron eat lots and lots and is really huge?
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0651.html

Superglucose
2009-05-21, 08:52 PM
i dont remember ever even using the worthless piece of crap in my party

Interesting way to describe what is, without a doubt, one of the most powerful pokemon ever created.

[TS] Shadow
2009-05-21, 09:10 PM
Snorlax is one of my favorite Pokemon. I have a Snorlax action figure that I keep by my computer. It would be really awesome if Snorlax was the MitD...but I doubt it. Copyright issues aside, it would tick off a lot of the D&D gaming community. Pokemon is a computer RPG, and of course to the "purists" out there having something as "lowly" as Pokemon in "their" comic will get them mad. And as much as I love to see angry people say stupid things, I'd rather not deal with it when it comes to such a hotly debated plot point.

Oh, and that "D&D players hate Pokemon because it's different" thing? I've seen it in real life, displayed by mulitiple people. It's like the devil to them.

Alex Warlorn
2009-05-21, 10:08 PM
My money from those description is still a variant of the terraque.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-21, 10:10 PM
And I say the MitD is a young adult amethyst dragon (from MM2)

Shadow;6133032']Pokemon is a computer RPG, and of course to the "purists" out there having something as "lowly" as Pokemon in "their" comic will get them mad. And as much as I love to see angry people say stupid things, I'd rather not deal with it when it comes to such a hotly debated plot point.[/COLOR]
D&D purist? Few things "borrow" as many ideas as a D&D purist. For ex, the Shocker Lizard (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shockerLizard.htm) is Pikachu...well sort of. OK that was a bit of a joke but it's a joke from purest of D&D purists one might say.

warrl
2009-05-21, 10:43 PM
Shadow;6133032']Snorlax is one of my favorite Pokemon. I have a Snorlax action figure that I keep by my computer. It would be really awesome if Snorlax was the MitD...but I doubt it. Copyright issues aside, it would tick off a lot of the D&D gaming community. Pokemon is a computer RPG, and of course to the "purists" out there having something as "lowly" as Pokemon in "their" comic will get them mad. And as much as I love to see angry people say stupid things, I'd rather not deal with it when it comes to such a hotly debated plot point.

Perhaps you don't recall how paladins summon their mounts? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0432.html)

Selene
2009-05-22, 05:49 AM
His paladins throw pokeballs...

Don't hit me! I'm not on board with this theory!

*stops mid-swing and puts down bat*

Ok, then.

Shadow;6133032']Snorlax is one of my favorite Pokemon. I have a Snorlax action figure that I keep by my computer. It would be really awesome if Snorlax was the MitD...but I doubt it. Copyright issues aside, it would tick off a lot of the D&D gaming community. Pokemon is a computer RPG, and of course to the "purists" out there having something as "lowly" as Pokemon in "their" comic will get them mad. And as much as I love to see angry people say stupid things, I'd rather not deal with it when it comes to such a hotly debated plot point.

Oh, and that "D&D players hate Pokemon because it's different" thing? I've seen it in real life, displayed by mulitiple people. It's like the devil to them.

I don't hate Pokemon because it's different or for "purist" reasons. I hate it because of that horrible, traumatic experience that was watching that Pokemon movie intro where the stupid little things shout their names for fifteen minutes. Worst. Thing. Ever.

nysisobli
2009-05-22, 06:31 AM
squinting and looking at it at an angle, the stones look like a kraken with one tentacle on the board =)

adepali
2009-05-22, 06:59 AM
Personally I'm pretty sure it's either a semi-intelligent tarrasque or a spawn of the Snarl.

Devonix
2009-05-22, 08:14 AM
The MiTD is a baby O-Chul, the result of a stable time loop.

[TS] Shadow
2009-05-22, 09:35 PM
Personally I'm pretty sure it's either a semi-intelligent tarrasque or a spawn of the Snarl.

It can't be the Snarl. That is because
In Start of Darkness, the hunters who captured the Monster in the Darkness knew what the creature was. Nobody besides the OotScribble knew about the Snarl, so he can't be that.

I don't hate Pokemon because it's different or for "purist" reasons. I hate it because of that horrible, traumatic experience that was watching that Pokemon movie intro where the stupid little things shout their names for fifteen minutes. Worst. Thing. Ever.

That seems to be the general opinion of anyone who just watched the TV/movie. They actual games are pretty good. I can't blame you though. I don't know how I could have liked that movie back in the day...

Selene
2009-05-23, 12:42 AM
Shadow;6138394']That seems to be the general opinion of anyone who just watched the TV/movie. They actual games are pretty good. I can't blame you though. I don't know how I could have liked that movie back in the day...

Yeah, after my son dragged me to the movie, I couldn't bear to look at them any more. I've never seen the TV show or played the game. He liked it, though. lol.

FatJose
2009-05-23, 01:14 AM
Yeah, after my son dragged me to the movie, I couldn't bear to look at them any more. I've never seen the TV show or played the game. He liked it, though. lol.

Aw, man. The game ssooooo good. It's like an RPG, except you use wild animals you enslave to do your bidding. Youre like Mike Vick, except your pitbulls shoot LASERS!!!!. :smallcool:

Also, Snorlax owns all of you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU) <---Warning, Immaturity and Cursing Ahoy

hmm..problem, Snorlax never opens his eyes..so wouldnt the MitD's eyes look more like - -

The MunchKING
2009-05-23, 01:35 AM
I liked the movie.

Well once I got over that they stole Mewtwo's backstory wholesale from IG-88. :smalltongue: