PDA

View Full Version : [Iron Heroes] Ability/feat teir question.

Jera
2009-05-10, 02:31 AM
EDIT: New question, I didnt want to start a new topic.

Another question,

The ability Flanked Shot states "When your target is flanked or denied his active bonus to defense"

Does this mean you do not have to be the one flanking your target? Say your parties Armiger and Thief are flanking the opponent, would you gain the flanked shot extra damage?

The Precise Shot 3 tier of mastery gives us the ability to do sneak attacks as thieves and executioners(+1d6 per tier at 3, 5 6, and 9)

Do these stack?

Also, the executioner/thief sneak attack ability specifically says "when you hit an opponent you flank or is denied her active bonus to defense"

So does that mean you have to be the one to flank the target when you're using the Precise Shot damage bonus'?

Satyr
2009-05-10, 03:34 AM
Would I be able to use this trait to change my bows stat modifier from Dex to Wis?

This is basically what the trait does; in the description ranged weapons are explicitly mentioned, so a bow (and Dexterity) should work just as well as a melee weapon (and Strength).

If this is allowed would I be able use the 3rd tier Point Blank Shot mastery to add my Wis modifier instead of Dex modifier to damage?

If I were the Gamemaster, I would say yes if you have the feat.

This one is the little munchkin in me just wondering, would i get the 1.5 ability bonus since technically I'm using the bow in two hands?

No. In RAW, you only get the normal, unmodified ability modifier to your hit rolls and damage, and nothing indicates that you suddenly get a multiplier because you switch the linked ability bonus.

lesser_minion
2009-05-10, 01:22 PM
You wouldn't be able to get the 1.5 x wisdom mod. for a ranged weapon - it actually says "treat the chosen ability score as your strength score" and then gives the example of a 2-handed melee weapon to demonstrate how this might affect the character.

Jera
2009-05-12, 12:45 PM
Another question,

Flanked Shot states "When your target is flanked or denied his active bonus to defense"

Does this mean you do not have to be the one flanking your target? Say your parties Armiger and Thief are flanking the opponent, would you gain the flanked shot extra damage?

The Precise Shot 3 tier of mastery gives us the ability to do sneak attacks as thieves and executioners(+1d6 per tier at 3, 5 6, and 9)

Do these stack?

Also, the executioner/thief sneak attack ability specifically says "when you hit an opponent you flank or is denied her active bonus to defense"

So does that mean you have to be the one to flank the target when you're using the Precise Shot damage bonus'?

Jera
2009-05-20, 10:21 PM
*Knock Knock*
Who is there?
Bump.
Bump who?
Bump this.