PDA

View Full Version : [monster] Smash! Smoosh! Slurp!

Dhavaer
2006-08-08, 04:03 AM
Anvilfist
Size/Type: Large Giant
Hit Dice: 12d8+72 (126hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40ft
Armour Class: 20 (+1 Dex, -1 size, +10 natural)
BAB/Grapple: +9/+19
Attack: Slam +15 (3d6+1d4 acid+6)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +15 (3d6+1d4 acid+6)
Space/Reach: 10ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Crush
special Qualities: Acid Immunity, Enzymes
Saves:
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 4, Wis 16, Cha 5
Feats: Improved Natural Attack (slam), Power Attack, Improved Natural Armour, Weapon Focus (slam), Ability Focus (crush)
Environment: Any Swamp
Organisation: Single or Pair
Challenge Rating:
Treasure: None
Alignment: Often Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 12-36

The anvilfist is a curious looking creature, the size and shape of a hill giant, but a dull grey in colour, with oily looking skin and heavy, anvil-like growths instead of hands. They have little in the way of features, only a pair of pure white eyes in their face, with no mouth or nose. They breathe and eat through their skin, liquefying their prey with the acid exuded from their skin, giving them their oily appearance.

Crush [ex]: The anvilfist flops down on its foes, crushing them beneath its bulk. It covers an area equal to its space, centred around a point within its reach. An enemy within the area may make a save (Reflex, DC 22, Con based) to avoid being crushed. A crushed character is considered grappled and takes 2d8 damage plus 2d6 acid damage per round. The Anvilfist doesn't have to make grapple checks to deal damage, but must make checks to prevent the crushed characters escaping as normal. The anvilfist is prone and considered grappled while crushing.
It generally uses this attack when it feels its opponent is finished.

Enzymes [ex]: The Anvilfist exudes acid from its skin at all times, giving its melee attacks an additional 1d4 acid damage.

SlaadLord
2006-08-08, 05:45 PM
Hmmmm...EEW :o

But good

martyboy74
2006-08-08, 05:49 PM
Does it slurp you up, or just disolve you and let you sit there?

Dhavaer
2006-08-09, 03:11 AM
It absorbs you through its skin. Like a fly.

And incidentally, I hereby sever ties with this monster, like most of my monsters. I don't like making monsters.