PDA

View Full Version : And now, young Skywalker... [spell/Modern]

Dhavaer
2006-08-07, 06:54 AM
Wrath
Evocation [Electricity]
Level: Arcane 4; Components: S; [/b]Casting Time:[/b] Full round action; Range: Short; Target: One creature; Duration: concentration, maximum one round/level; Saving Throw: Fort partial; Spell Resistance: Yes

You send a powerful current of electricity into your target, disrupting their nervous system. Each round they take 4d4 damage and make a fortitude save. If the save is succesful, the damage is reduced to 2d4. If the save is failed, they are stunned for one round.

Fizban
2006-08-07, 07:08 AM
Hmmm...I dont' know about Modern, but I glanced through once and the spells seemed balanced to their equivalent level DnD counterparts. Therefore, I deem this spell.....a little overpowered. 4d4 just seems like too much to me. I'd say 2d6+stun, or 2d6 on succesful fort save. I seem to recall some random druid spell dealing about 2d6/round at lv4-ish. Requireing concentration while adding the stun seems okay to me. Of course, I'm not too experienced in things, so you may want to wait for more of an expert.

Dhavaer
2006-08-07, 07:13 PM
Hmmm...I dont' know about Modern, but I glanced through once and the spells seemed balanced to their equivalent level DnD counterparts. Therefore, I deem this spell.....a little overpowered.

How does this make sense?

Sacrath
2006-08-07, 07:33 PM
It seems fine to me, and I like the image.

Dhavaer
2006-08-07, 07:54 PM
It seems fine to me, and I like the image.

Hurrah!

endoperez
2006-08-08, 03:50 AM
How does this make sense?

He glanced the spells that are balanced for their level, not glanced this spell and deemed this spell balanced for its level. Or that's what I think he meant to write.

Fizban
2006-08-08, 09:05 PM
I once looked through the D20 Modern core book thing. When I looked at the spells, many were exactly the same as those in the PHB, and others were only slightly modified for the Modern setting. Therefore, I deemed my dnd knowledge somewhat applicable, and examined the spell according to DnD.
For your game, it's probly just fine, you have my official unofficial approval for what it's worth.