PDA

View Full Version : Divine Prc Query

Leon
2009-05-10, 01:17 PM
I have a Combat Librarian (Archivist/Barbarian) who is headed towards Paragnostic Disciple soon and was wondering about a good prc to follow that one

Currently Level is 7

What I'd like is at least Medium BAB and at least one in two spell casting
PC will be level 12 by that point and i'd like to plan ahead if i need any particular feats or skills (currently all Knowledge Skills are at lest 8 Ranks)

Race is Human (Trace Amounts of Were-Wolf)
Alignment: Bordering on N/CN
Current feats are: Spontaneous Healer, Knowledge Devotion, Practiced Spell Caster and Iron Will

Keld Denar
2009-05-10, 02:53 PM
Sacred Exorcist from Complete Divine has 3/4 BAB and full casting. It also grants Turn Undead at 1st level which you can then use to fuel [Divine] feats like Divine Spell Power or Divine Metamagic. Later you get some useful SLAs and a permanent Consecration field, which is nifty. Only prereqs are skills you probably have, the ability to cast Holy Smite or Dismissal, which you will be able to by 12th level, and any good alignment.

Sounds pretty perfect for you, assuming you are of a good alignment?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-05-10, 04:08 PM
Alignment: Bordering on N/CN

Assuming you are a good alignment

Otherwise, a good idea (no pun intended).

Maybe Swift Wing from Dragon Magic? The requirements are really easy, it has 3/4 Bab and gives some really cool class features.

Nohwl
2009-05-10, 04:33 PM
if you change to good, knight of the raven (expedition to castle ravenloft) would be great. its 9/10 casting and full BAB. the requirements are really easy too.

Eldariel
2009-05-10, 04:47 PM
That alignment is a bit problematic; the only divine PrC for I can think of specifically for neutrally aligned characters is Ruby Knight Vindicator from Tome of Battle, and you don't have the Crusader-levels to enter. And most divine PrCs are aligned.

Mythic Exemplar from Complete Champion could be what you want; it doesn't have alignment ties and if you pick one of the Knowledge paths, it has casting on all levels but 1 and 10.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-05-10, 05:43 PM
Divine Oracle from CD would work out perfectly. Visit the Frog God's Fane detailed in Complete Scoundrel to get the prerequisite Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion) without having to spend a feat on it. That gives you (Improved) Uncanny Dodge, Evasion in any armor, Oracle domain, and other benefits along with full spellcasting and 3/4 BAB. It only gets d6 HP and poor Fort and Reflex save progressions, but by that level it shouldn't matter all that much.

Eldariel
2009-05-10, 06:10 PM
Divine Oracle from CD would work out perfectly. Visit the Frog God's Fane detailed in Complete Scoundrel to get the prerequisite Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion) without having to spend a feat on it. That gives you (Improved) Uncanny Dodge, Evasion in any armor, Oracle domain, and other benefits along with full spellcasting and 3/4 BAB. It only gets d6 HP and poor Fort and Reflex save progressions, but by that level it shouldn't matter all that much.

Except it's half-BAB.

Goatman_Ted
2009-05-10, 07:11 PM
Sanctified Mind (LoM) -- 6/6 BAB, 5/6 Divine casting. Requires a PP pool, but you should have everything else. Gives Wisdom-based Smite, some resistance against mind-effects and abberation-fighting bonuses.

Abolisher (LoM) -- Requires a level of Ranger, Druid, Totemist, Warlock or Primieval (or something else with Wild Empathy). 7/10 BA, 8/10 casting class features basically turn you into a Druid (including Wild Shape) with a bit of skew toward Aberration-killing.

Dragonslayer (Drac) -- 10/10 BA, 5/10 Divine casting. Requires Dodge. Kind of a crummy class, but it meets your specifications. It might be alright for a level or 3. Or if you need to fight dragons regularly.

Contemplative (CDiv) -- 7/10 BA, 10/10 casting. Two domains and some nice immunities and resistances. Story requirement (meeting a representative of your diety), but easy entry.

Hexer (MotW) -- 10/10 BA, 10/10 casting, add 5 spells from the Sorcerer list to your spell list, gain some useful 'hex' abilities. Requires primitive humanoid blood (like Orc or something... your Werewolf might be enough, but this class is pretty damn cheesy).

Master of Shrouds (LM) -- 7/10 BA, 8/10 casting, focused on summoning Undead. Probably not your thing.

Prestige Ranger (UA) -- 15/15 BA, 7/15 casting, requires Track and TWF; pretty much turns you into a Ranger with an enormous spell list.\

Ruathar (RotW) -- 2/3 BA, 3/3 casting, easy entry, nothing too special, but nothing that hurts. About as useful as dead levels can be.

And maybe Walker in the Waste (Sand)... I can't remember the details, but I think it was 7/10 BA, 8/10 casting and eventurally turned you into a Dry Lich.

Eldariel
2009-05-10, 07:21 PM
Contemplative (CDiv) -- 7/10 BA, 10/10 casting. Two domains and some nice immunities and resistances. Story requirement (meeting a representative of your diety), but easy entry.

½ BAB. Else it'd be the obvious choice.

Draken
2009-05-10, 09:03 PM
Half BAB shouldn't be a problem if you use Divine Power.

Anyway, Walker in the Waste is a sound option, sole real prerequisite is the Heat Endurance feat.

You gain the dry lich template, Improved Heat Endurance as a bonus feat (Dry Lich eventually moots this, however), Flesh to Salt as a spell-like ability once per day (remember that salt is freaking expensive in D&D :smalltongue:), the ability to infect someone with the Wasting disease from Sandstorm, the ability to create Salt mummies and Sand Golems. Half BAB, Good Will, Bad Fort and Ref, 8/10 spellcasting.

----

On an entirely different matter, if you are wiling to take Improved Unarmed Strike, Combat Reflexes and Stunning Fist. You can take Sacred fist without the need to be Lawful or a monk.

Full BAB, Good Fort, Good Ref, Bad Will. AC bonus (limited to light armor), Move speed bonus (works on light armor) 8/10 spellcasting.

Blindsense 10 feet, is also a nice quirk of the class.

Swooper
2009-05-10, 09:56 PM
How do PrCs that grant extra domains (like Divine Oracle and Contemplative) interact with classes that don't have domain slots (like Archivist)?

Keld Denar
2009-05-10, 10:14 PM
Same as with classes that gain domains via Arcane Disciple. You add the spell to your spell list, and you can prep on per level per day. Arcane characters can qualify for Divine Oracle, which gives the Oracle domain at 1st, and thats how it works.

Godskook
2009-05-10, 10:22 PM
Same as with classes that gain domains via Arcane Disciple. You add the spell to your spell list, and you can prep on per level per day. Arcane characters can qualify for Divine Oracle, which gives the Oracle domain at 1st, and thats how it works.

So, do they or don't they get domain slots?......(I don't know either, and am wondering).

Leon
2009-05-11, 03:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look at them.

Yeah the Alignment is down like that due to having been a Werewolf for a while and deliberately not controlling shape most of the time, its also why there are 2 Barbarian levels

I could make it back to a Good Alignment (most likely would be CG) maybe by the time its needed, i'd just have to talk to the DMs about how
I think the pc not Evil for the reason that it'd be hard for the paladin to cope with (more so than being CE for short lengths of time)

Leon
2009-05-12, 05:49 AM
A few of those suggestions look good, however some of them need Turn/Rebuke (particularly the ones i like the most) but I'm not really able to just "dip" into classes for abilities. my PC is the 1st multi classed one and will most likely stay that way as another person tried to play a dual class PC and was vetoed by both DMs.