PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Feats that grant barbarian rage (without being a barbarian)?

aboyd
2009-05-10, 05:02 PM
A player of mine was interested in creating a barbarian, but only wanted 1 level to get the barbarian rage. I suggested that he instead just take the feat which grants something similar. I said it off-the-cuff, based upon reading such a feat last week. The problem? He really liked my idea and now needs to know the name of the feat, and the source.

I thought the feat was from Complete Warrior, but now I can't find it in there. Where could it be? Does anyone know of a feat that grants rage? What book is it in?

Goatman_Ted
2009-05-10, 05:17 PM
Complete Champion has Devotion feats that grant 1/day 1-minute buffs that stack with just about anything. Effects improve with HD and extra daily uses can be bought with Turn attempts or extra feats.
Animal Devotion gives the option of a strength boost (among other things). Some others like Strength, Chaos, Law and Plant give pretty good melee combat bonuses.

There's also the PHB2's Combat Focus tree, which gives a slew of combat bonuses during combat.

Hidden Talent (Expanded Psionics) gives a couple Power Points and one power Known. With the Expansion power, you can replicate Rage pretty well.

Unearthed Arcana might have a Rage feat in its Generic Classes section... I don't remember.

Or you could just say the ability costs a feat and call it a day. It'd hardly be gamebreaking.

The Glyphstone
2009-05-10, 05:31 PM
There's a few flaws that let you Rage, but they're both cheesy (since they're flaws) and impossible to control - one is a Ranger flaw that makes you Rage when exposed to your favored enemy, and another that basically gives you Frenzy, as in you Rage whenever damaged, and can't end it early.

Zergrusheddie
2009-05-10, 11:51 PM
Well, if you are the DM and are letting him take it, I see no reason not to just invent the feat and call it even. However, doing that may make the other team players want such a chance to get their own feats. I would suggest tying the feat to a quest that they must complete. Tell the player not to select a feat for X level and give them some kind of quest where he is "filled with uncontrollable rage" as a 'curse.' The player could just simply dip into Barbarian; it gives a d12, full BAB, Rage, and Fast Movement.

Best of luck
-Eddie

Curmudgeon
2009-05-11, 12:00 AM
The Lists of Stuff (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=9529430&postcount=3) are very helpful.