PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] BRZZZZZZZZT!

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-07, 01:11 AM
Shredder Bee

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FaxCelestis/Biotech_G_by_fax_celestis.jpg

Large Construct
Hit Dice: 10d10+30 (85 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 20 ft. fly 40 ft. (poor)
Armor Class: 20(-1 size, -1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+17
Attack: Slam +13 melee (2d10+5)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +13 melee (2d10+5)
Space/Reach: 10ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Poison tail
Special Qualities: construct traits, damage reduction 7/adamantine, Darkvision 60ft., Immune to magic, low-light vision.
Saves: Fort+3, Ref+2, Will+3
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 9, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or swarm (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 11-19 HD (Large); 20-28 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

The creature in front of you looks like a giant metal bee. Folded wings lay on its back. Two claws extend from the front, and a cruel stinger in the back.

A shredder bee is aptly named, as it rips apart anything it kills. It usually flies over to its targets, making a loud buzzing noise as it goes. However, the flight is clumsy, and the creature usually doesn’t fly for very long.

Shedder bees do not speak, unless you can understand loud buzzing.

Combat
Shedder bees have no will, they follow what their master instructs them to do.

Poison tail:
As a standard action, a shredder bee may attack with its stinger. Such an attack deals 1d6+5 points of damage, along with poisoning the creature it hits. (Medium spider venom, Injury DC 14, dam: 1d6 Str/1d6 Str) This attack may be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Immunity to Magic (Ex)
A shredder bee is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows a shredder bee (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw.
A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on the bee and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the bee to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. For example, an A shredder bee hit by a fireball gains back 6 hit points if the damage total is 18 points. A shredder bee gets no saving throw against fire effects.
A shredder bee is affected normally by rust attacks, such as that of a rust monster or a rusting grasp spell.

Thanks Fax_Celestis for the image and idea. This is my first monster, so I need feedback, not just, "It sucks, go away." thanks.

chaiyo
2006-08-07, 11:27 AM
This is a solid design and execution. I have but three corrections and one suggestion.

1) The average result for 10d10 is 55, not 50. Thus, the average hit points should be 85. Yes, I know this is very minor.

2) Flat-footed AC means that only a dexterity or dodge bonus is removed. However, penalties stay, so the Shredder Bee's flat-footed AC should be the same as regular.

3) Your grapple is one point short. BAB 8 +5 Str +4 Size makes it +17.

Also, I suggest you put the stinger attack in the Attack entry, adding 'plus poison' in the damage section, and keeping Poison Tail as a special attack.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-07, 11:35 AM
...how do I build one? :)

kailin
2006-08-07, 12:58 PM
Neat. It's the first non-golem I know of to have immunity to magic. Plus I love the fire thing.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-08-08, 03:09 PM
...how do I build one? :)

I don't know, it's your creation. And the ideas have been noted and fixed.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-08, 04:57 PM
I don't know, it's your creation. And the ideas have been noted and fixed.
No, no, I know that. Wahat I mean is that most golems have included creation stats.