PDA

View Full Version : V spoiled his chance with his big mouth

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-05-11, 05:55 AM
If hadnt told xykon, he would be winning, as you don't cast maximized energy drain on the basis of "oh, he might have some ghosts in him". I can understand the first time, but without V telling him he probably wouldve casted something like...disintegrate or something like that.

Felyndiira
2009-05-11, 05:59 AM
Actually, Redcloak was the one that told Xykon. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0652.html) V was simply affirming something that X had already known by then.

Mannryu
2009-05-11, 10:15 AM
V's mouth are always, ALWAYS too big anyway. Just when will s/he learn?

Kish
2009-05-11, 12:22 PM
Xykon has a history of using Energy Drain in his battles with other spellcasters. He would probably have used it regardless--the first one was before he knew Vaarsuvius was spliced, after all.

shadzar
2009-05-11, 07:16 PM
V is the typical elf stereotype. Elves are better than the other races, and there **** don't stink. Their magic is better than anyone else, blah blah blah. It was genetically encoded in V to have such a big mouth to allow karma to disprove the myths about elven superiority.

The elves that don't have verbal diarrhea are probably better off than V.

Axl_Rose
2009-05-11, 07:43 PM
Elves are better than the other races, and there **** don't stink. Their magic is better than anyone else, blah blah blah. It was genetically encoded in V to have such a big mouth to allow karma to disprove the myths about elven superiority.

Don't forget how it was mentioned in The Origin of PCs that

Haley pointed out that to make the "game" fair, Elves take more "game years" to learn a spell than humans because elves simply take so much longer to mature. If elves learned spellcasting as quickly as humans, then there'd be Elven gods everywhere lol.

shadzar
2009-05-11, 08:30 PM

Haley pointed out that to make the "game" fair, Elves take more "game years" to learn a spell than humans because elves simply take so much longer to mature. If elves learned spellcasting as quickly as humans, then there'd be Elven gods everywhere lol.

Couldn't forget having never known. Still looking for those darn books so I can read the stuff. The new book store in town doesn't even carry that kind of thing, but might be able to order them for me. :smallfurious:

Flickerdart
2009-05-11, 09:15 PM
Xykon has a history of using Energy Drain in his battles with other spellcasters. He would probably have used it regardless--the first one was before he knew Vaarsuvius was spliced, after all.
But to him it looked like the spell didn't affect V in the least, so he most likely would have stopped (and then used Meteor Swarm or the like, killing V even better).

Selene
2009-05-11, 11:03 PM
Couldn't forget having never known. Still looking for those darn books so I can read the stuff. The new book store in town doesn't even carry that kind of thing, but might be able to order them for me. :smallfurious:

You can get them online at APE Games (http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots.html).

shadzar
2009-05-11, 11:08 PM
You can get them online at APE Games (http://www.apegames.com/oots/oots.html).

Again, I think all for the help in locating the books online, but I cannot purchase online and must pay in cash for things. :smallfrown:

So it has to be a local place selling them for me to acquire. Thus is the sad reason I cannot even find green-stuff cause nobody in hicksville understands what it is enough to order it so I can buy it. :smallfurious:

Selene
2009-05-12, 02:31 AM
Um, sorry. I didn't know you'd addressed this before. But does APE not accept mailed in money orders? Or can you not take your cash to WalMart or somewhere and buy a no-bank-account-needed debit card?

shadzar
2009-05-12, 03:06 AM
Um, sorry. I didn't know you'd addressed this before. But does APE not accept mailed in money orders? Or can you not take your cash to WalMart or somewhere and buy a no-bank-account-needed debit card?

APE might take money orders, I didn't think to check. But I think this is better left for PMs or something rather than clogging other threads. I do thank the people trying to help. I just got to get people in this area to understand you cannot sell things people don't want to buy and can sell things people do want to buy is all.

:smallsmile:

The MunchKING
2009-05-12, 03:17 AM
Again, I think all for the help in locating the books online, but I cannot purchase online and must pay in cash for things. :smallfrown:

Well I'll tell you what. You send me a large envelope stuffed full of cash and if I get I'll deal with all the nasty trouble of sending you the book. :smallwink::smallwink:

ericgrau
2009-05-14, 10:18 PM

What would be the problem with that? :smallamused:

R. Malcovitch
2009-05-15, 02:42 AM
Actually... (SoD spoiler)
Xykon probably would have done the same thing, as his typical strategy against legitimately threatening opponents is to energy drain them into oblivion, as seen in his fight against Duroken.

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-05-15, 04:08 PM
Actually, Redcloak was the one that told Xykon. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0652.html) V was simply affirming something that X had already known by then.

didnt see that. thanks

Selene
2009-05-15, 06:22 PM
What would be the problem with that? :smallamused:

Duck. Haley's going to hit you. :smalltongue: