PDA

View Full Version : Game Idea: Star Wars: Jedi : The Masquerade

SolkaTruesilver
2009-05-11, 01:47 PM
I'd like to propose this idea of a game set in Star Wars universe.

Time era: After the Order 66, during the Great Jedi Purge. A group of young force-sensitive (but untrained) people manage to flee from the initial onslaught, and they now have to try to find peace for themselves.

Everybody has basic Force Power (and could maybe train for more eventually). But beware: Darth Vader is on their trail. So is the Empire, so is many bounty hunters who would love to get a nice bounty for weak untrained Jedis...

Uses of Lightsaber and Force powers openly would be completely stupid for these players (but if the feel like it.. eh).

What do you think?

Tsotha-lanti
2009-05-11, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a standard Empire/Rebellion -era Jedi game - Jedi in hiding. Wasn't this like the standard back in WEG d6 SW days, and isn't this the standard in the Rebellion era, which is one of the three originally supported by d20 and SAGA?

That's not to say it doesn't sound fun. Being secret Jedi would be cool as heck.

Starbuck_II
2009-05-11, 02:19 PM
I agree about Lightsaber, but only flashy Force powers shold cause a problem.

Force Surge (speed power) one should be fine. Force Stun, Mind trick, Force Illusion, Menstrum (sleep power), and other non-flashy powers should occassionally be fine.

No Force Lightning (a Jedi can take it even if Light side but can slowly corrupt user is all), Force Blast, and other stuff is dangerous (word would get around).

The group could be connected to the Order of Osiris: They were group started by a Padawan that survived purging in Canon. They used blasters as primary weapon and figured out how to hide their force abilities from being discovered. They also used non-flashy powers just to make sure njo one figured out who they were.

Tsotha-lanti
2009-05-11, 02:32 PM
How is Force Surge/Speed not flashy? You're moving so fast you're a blur and running 60 mph or something.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-05-12, 12:39 AM
Well, the difference between playing in the normal Rebellion era and immediatly after Order 66 is the heat of the Jedi Purge.

The idea is that the Jedi are still there in the Galaxy, and they are still actively hunted down, while in the Rebellion era, most people think they are all gone.

Also, right after Order 66, most relevant people would know what are a Jedi's power, and maybe guess about them sometimes.

I'd say if someone manages to dodge blaster fire because of incredible prescience, or if he succeeds an impossible shot after closing his eyes and focus, people might be tipped off.

Colmarr
2009-05-12, 02:08 AM
Isn't this pretty much the premise of WotC's Dawn of Defiance campaign as far as Jedi are concerned?

SolkaTruesilver
2009-05-12, 02:17 AM
Ehh...

I never read anything from WotC when it comes to Star Wars...

And the only book I ever read about Star Wars RPG is the basic Rulebook of WEG.

So... if my idea is exactly depicted in some other media, please forgive me. I thought I was somewhat original :smallbiggrin:

TheOOB
2009-05-12, 02:35 AM
Ahh, I thought this would be a thread about doing star wars with the WoD system. d20 never felt right for Star Wars IMO.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-05-12, 02:52 AM
I am all hear about how you'd do a Star Wars : WoD rule system. The basics aren't difficult (stats, etc..), but the problem is about Force Power. How do you do that? :smallconfused:

(I dislike d20 for Star Wars too, I'd prefer the WEG)

Colmarr
2009-05-12, 06:02 PM
So... if my idea is exactly depicted in some other media, please forgive me. I thought I was somewhat original :smallbiggrin:

No problem :smallsmile:

I only mentioned Dawn of Defiance because it's a published campaign that is set in precisely the milieu you are suggesting (Jedi are outlawed and actively hunted by empire inquisitors).

TheOOB
2009-05-12, 06:38 PM
I am all hear about how you'd do a Star Wars : WoD rule system. The basics aren't difficult (stats, etc..), but the problem is about Force Power. How do you do that? :smallconfused:

(I dislike d20 for Star Wars too, I'd prefer the WEG)

Use new world of darkness, make it similar to mage the awakening. Use force sensitivity instead of gnosis, and change the arcana to more force related things. The powers would have to be weaker and use force point(similar to mana natch) more often to balance for the lack of paradox.

Seatbelt
2009-05-12, 08:00 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about the importation of Jedi into Ravenloft... :(

SilverClawShift
2009-05-12, 08:14 PM
I read this thread title, and immediately pictured armored bounty hunters and lightsaber toting jedi going up against a spreading interstellar vampire apocalypse.

Now I have to go pester my DM until this happens.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-05-12, 08:44 PM
I read this thread title, and immediately pictured armored bounty hunters and lightsaber toting jedi going up against a spreading interstellar vampire apocalypse.

You're not alone.

It was AWESOME.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-13, 12:01 AM

So I'm the only one who pictured a bunch of Force-sensitive twentysomethings shopping for black lightsabers at Hot Topic? And angsting about how their hatred will inevitably lead them to the Dark Side? OK then.

SolkaTruesilver
2009-05-13, 12:10 AM

Sorry mate. I have rised false hopes...

Now, it's still less good than Jedi : Werewolf Hunters