PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Tricked Out Build

Grimholdt
2009-05-11, 10:07 PM
Hey, thought I'd put this request up here, since I've seen some very interesting builds come through.

I have a friend who's stated intention is to run us through the whole book of Elder Evils. Sounds fun to me, but what he wants us to do (to give us a fighting chance) is make completely tricked out characters of epic magnitude (but not epic levels...yet).

So my request is...let's see those builds! Basically, we'll be starting at 11th level and probably ending up somewhere in the 25-26 range, so I'd just like to see what your best ideas for that range would be.

Keep in mind, I don't necessarily mean maximizing damage. I actually had a general idea for a completely broken healer (utilizing Radiant Servant of Pelor heavily), but I'm not sold on the idea yet. I just want some good ideas right now to help my creative juices flow.

Edit: Quick note - Since I don't have every 3.5 book ever, if possible please restrict yourself to the following list: Complete Divine, Book of Exalted Deeds, Complete Champion, Complete Warrior, PH, MM 1, 2, and 3, Complete Mage, Arms and Equipment Guide, and Book of Nine Swords. If I remember or find any more that I have, I'll edit them in.

Kroy
2009-05-11, 10:14 PM
Hey, thought I'd put this request up here, since I've seen some very interesting builds come through.

I have a friend who's stated intention is to run us through the whole book of Elder Evils. Sounds fun to me, but what he wants us to do (to give us a fighting chance) is make completely tricked out characters of epic magnitude (but not epic levels...yet).

So my request is...let's see those builds! Basically, we'll be starting at 11th level and probably ending up somewhere in the 25-26 range, so I'd just like to see what your best ideas for that range would be.

Keep in mind, I don't necessarily mean maximizing damage. I actually had a general idea for a completely broken healer (utilizing Radiant Servant of Pelor heavily), but I'm not sold on the idea yet. I just want some good ideas right now to help my creative juices flow.

Edit: Quick note - Since I don't have every 3.5 book ever, if possible please restrict yourself to the following list: Complete Divine, Book of Exalted Deeds, Complete Champion, Complete Warrior, PH, MM 1, 2, and 3, Complete Mage, Arms and Equipment Guide, and Book of Nine Swords. If I remember or find any more that I have, I'll edit them in.

Instead of creating a new thread, just post your request in this thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18300

Flickerdart
2009-05-11, 10:21 PM
You'll probably want a caster of some sort though, since Epic Spellcasting is very broken. Remember that the amount of Epic spell slots you get is cumulative based on how many prerequisite sets for the feat you meet.

RavKal
2009-05-11, 10:41 PM
Huh. My group did the same sort of thing and ended up breaking the DMs will to play it again.

Arcane casting. Lots of arcane casting. And circle magic.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-05-11, 10:50 PM
Radiant Servant is best used as an undead turner who's also very capable in melee, and just happens to be good at healing. If there are any undead elder evils, a properly built RSoP can destroy them in one shot unless they're outright immune to turning.

A Shadowcraft Mage (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=655556) will be able to start with its signature ability at that level, so it should be worth consideration.

A Dragonfire Inspiration Bard going into Sublime Chord would be a strong choice. Use Silverbrow Human from Dragon Magic, go Bard 8/ Spellthief 1/ Mindbender 1/ Sublime Chord 2/ Incantatrix 8, take Dragonfire Inspiration, Melodic Casting, Song of the Heart, Master Spellthief, Mindsight, and some metamagic feats after that, using the Otyugh Hole to get Iron Will. Be sure to get Extend Spell for Persistent Spell to use Metamagic Effect on all of your personal-range buffs, maybe even get Extraordinary Spell Aim to use on a Persistent Antimagic Field.

Druid 20 is good, make it a Water Halfling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#racesOfWater) Dragonborn of Bahamut (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060105b&page=1) (Mind aspect), get Companion Spellbond, Natural Bond, and Natural Spell, a Fleshraker companion, and a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp. Check the Druid Handbook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=733400).

Consider Wild Shape Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) 5/ Master of Many Forms 10/ Nature's Warrior 1/ Warshaper 4, get Power Attack, Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Leap Attack, Frozen Wild Shape, Robilar's Gambit, and Defensive Sweep, prepare Rhino's Rush with some 1st level Pearls of Power, and use forms like Cave Troll, Cryohydra, and War Troll to great effect. Focus on Con and Wis and use a Monk's Belt and Armbands of Might+Dex with Wilding Clasps. In Cryohydra form (via Frozen Wild Shape) you'll get a 12-bite AoO whenever you're attacked thanks to Robilar's Gambit. MoMF 7 grants you the extraordinary special qualities of the forms you assume, including Fast Healing, Regeneration, SR, and even certain types of DR. (DR/Magic and Epic, and DR/Alignment are Supernatural, any other DR is Extraordinary.) Probably among the most powerful melee combat builds in the game.

Nohwl
2009-05-12, 12:11 AM
what are the elder evils immune to?

Keld Denar
2009-05-12, 12:25 AM
Actually, you want to make your DM cry, go Cleric6/RSoP5/SacredExorcist9 and whatever from there. If your elder evils are outsiders, check out Complete Champion, which you have. There is a 2nd level cleric spell there called Turn Anathema. This spell lets you turn outsiders like undead. The only thing...outsiders tend to have WAY fewer HD than undead. That makes turning them remarkably easy. Cast it Quickened either as a 6th level spell (2nd +4 for quicken spell metamagic) or via a Lesser MM Rod of Quicken or Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC). Thus, pop it off as a swift action and then spend your standard action turning whatever creepy outsider is getting you down. You can do that without optimizing for turning, but if you really care, pick up a Phylactery of Undead Turning (DMG), and Ephod of Authority (MIC), and double Sacred armor/shield enhancements (A&EG). That'll give you +9 to your effective turning level before you even roll. Sarcred Exorcist's Consecrate aura will help too.

And you may think...this build is so specialized just to turn. Well...its not. Its still FULL DIVINE CASTING. Only one of your feats is really locked down with Extra Turning, so the rest are still available to abuse DMM or DSP to taste. Take the Inquisition domain and jack up your Dispel Magic's with Divine Spell Power and chain using Divine Metamagic: Chain Spell to strip your opponents naked before your allies blow them up. Tons of fun stuff you can do, while completely neutering any undead or outsiders you come across.