PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] Do Modrons Dream of Construct Sheep?

The Demented One
2006-08-07, 01:59 PM
Oneiralyzer
Size/Type: Large Construct (Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 12d10+42 (107 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +10 natural), touch 12, flatfooted 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+19
Attack: Slam +14 melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: 2 Slams +14 melee (1d8+6) and 1 Tentacle +9 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Laws of dreaming, perfect dreamscape
Special Qualities: Construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, DR 10/chaos
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 16, Con –, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills: Climb +21, Concentration +15, Jump +21, Hide +14, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (The Planes) +20, Listen +17, Move Silently +18, Perform (Storytelling) +19, Search +20, Sense Motive +17, Spellcraft +20, Spot +17
Feats: Ability Focus (Laws of Dreaming), Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved ToughnessCW
Environment: Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Lawful Neutral
Advancement: 13-18 HD (Large), 19-25 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: –

Oneiralyzers, like the Cupilexi (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11549224 98), are constructs designed by the modrons to observe the laws of the universe. Oneiralyzers, as their names suggest, migrate to the Plane of Dreams. They do not attempt to convert the Plane of Dreams to the law and order of the modrons–the modrons will do that themselves. What the Oneiralyzers do is observe the dreams of all living things, attempting to discern what laws and regulations might prevail within the psyches of all living things. As a side effect of their presence in dreams, many mortals have found the "inspiration" for creating Oneiralyzers in their dreams. Oneiralyzers are humanoid in form, with a body formed from smooth, elongated spheres. They have two compound eyes made of dreamrubies, and a trunk-like tentacles emerging from where a humanoid’s mouth would be.

Laws of Dreaming (Su)
A Oneiralyzer has mastery over the rules and laws governing sleep and dreaming. It may make a Knowledge (The Planes) check in place of a Lucid Dreaming. As a standard action, it may put all creatures within 30 ft. of it who fail a DC 22 Will save to sleep for 10 minutes by making a successful DC 25 Knowledge (The Planes) check. It may attempt to send a creature a dream or nightmare, as the spells, by making a successful DC 30 Knowledge (The Planes) check. The save DC for the nightmare effect is 22. The saves are Charisma based. Finally, by making a DC 35 Knowledge (The Planes) check, it may either planeshift, as the spell, to the Plane of Dreams or teleport, as the greater teleport spell, to and from any point on the Plane of Dreams. Both of these abilities can only transport the Oneiralyzer. The caster level of all abilities is 12th. The save DC’s are Charisma based.

Perfect Dreamscape (Su)
As a standard action, a Onerialyzer may infuse a dreamscape with the essence of law, perfecting it. A perfected dreamscape gains the mildly lawful trait, and spells with the chaos descriptor are impeded. If the dreamer of the dreamscape is lawfully aligned, it instead gains the strongly lawful trait, and, in addition to chaotic spells being impeded, spells with the law descriptor are extended. The duration of this ability depends on the alignment of the dreamer. If he is non-lawful, the dreamscape remains perfected for 1 minute. If he is of any lawful alignment, it remains perfected for 10 minutes. If he is lawful neutral, it remains perfected until he awakes.

Construction
The body of a Oneiralyzer is made from 3000 pounds of metal mined from Mechanus, worth 5,000 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 16 Craft (Armorsmithing or Weaponsmithing) check and a DC 15 Knowledge (The Planes) check. In addition, two rubies from the Plane of Dreams, each worth 2,500 gp, must be used as the eyes of the construct.

CL 13th. Craft Construct, deep slumber, dream, greater teleport, magic circle against chaos, nightmare, plane shift. Cost 30,000 gp + 1,600 xp. Price 40,000 gp.

LordOfXoriat
2006-08-07, 03:14 PM
Cool creature, what if it had some kind of accident and was curropted by a nightmare or something that it made a pact with in order to spread law farther. Half-friend constuct.

Oh, I get the reference in your title, do I get a cookie? It's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

The Demented One
2006-08-07, 03:22 PM
Oh, I get the reference in your title, do I get a cookie? It's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
An electric cookie, my friend, is what you deserve.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-07, 03:35 PM
An electric cookie, my friend, is what you deserve.
Shocking.

martyboy74
2006-08-07, 05:09 PM
Just asking, but is their name supposed to resemble over analyzer?

I_Got_This_Name
2006-08-07, 05:53 PM
Oneiric means Dreamlike; that seems like the root word for this thing's name.

You might want to add in to this one's description that non-modrons sometimes make it too, just like the first; otherwise the creation requirements don't really belong there.

Also, is the Perfect Dreamscape ability supposed to have "Perfect" read as an adjective (PERfect) or verb (perFECT)?

martyboy74
2006-08-07, 08:42 PM
Ah, that one I know that answer to. It's perFECT, as in the verb. He's perfecting the dreamscape.