PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Excel Question... ('07)

Mr. Mud
2009-05-12, 03:32 PM
Between cramming for finals, and finishing a (few) late project(s), I really don't have time to dawdle in a poorly made Excel 2007, so I put my petition before the helpful eyes of the playground:

How might one go about making a bar graph, and a line graph, on the same chart..?
E.g., Bob needs to graph temperature (line graph), and precipitation (bar graph) at once. To show the relationship between the two, he wants to overlap them on the same graph. How might he go about doing this?

Thanks in advance :smallamused:.

Supagoof
2009-05-12, 03:49 PM
Create the chart using both Temp and Precipitation in Bar graph format.

Then right click on the series that you want to appear as the line graph, and select Format Data Series. Select Axis Tab, an plot series on Seconday axis.

Right click on that same series again, and choose chart type. Select line graph.

This should hopefully get you what you need. :smallwink: If you PM me your e-mail, I can send you a quick example.

edit: Heading home from work, will check back in 1/2 hour to see if you want that example. After that I'll be gone for the night. :smallwink:

Mr. Mud
2009-05-12, 04:10 PM
Level up! Supagoof has gained: +1 favors, +1123123119 awesome.

Thanks bud :smalltongue:.

The sad thing is, I program, and code websites much like this one, but I still have no clue how to use MS Office save for a superficial knowledge of Word... Anyways, thanks :smallamused:.

MethosH
2009-05-16, 06:18 PM
Hey... I've actually made a game on Excel once using macros. :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 06:28 PM
Hey... I've actually made a game on Excel once using macros. :smallbiggrin:

Entertaining. I was actually thinking of doing that... what was your game like :smallamused:?

MethosH
2009-05-16, 07:04 PM
Entertaining. I was actually thinking of doing that... what was your game like :smallamused:?

Was just a stupid game where you needed to dodge your enemies while they moved around the screen. The amount of enemies would grow with time, just like your points multiplier.

I've done it one day when I was bored at work

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 07:18 PM
Was just a stupid game where you needed to dodge your enemies while they moved around the screen. The amount of enemies would grow with time, just like your points multiplier.

I've done it one day when I was bored at work

Heh nice... If you still have it around I'd fool around with it... maybe add graphics if you didn't mind :smallwink:.

MethosH
2009-05-16, 07:23 PM
Actually I do have an alpha version of it somewhere... I just need to look for it... I don't really use any special graphic, like many others excel game programmers would point, I only use cells.

One day I will be rich and bored enough to build a hole 3d engine on excel! :smallbiggrin:

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 07:24 PM
Actually I do have an alpha version of it somewhere... I just need to look for it... I don't really use any special graphic, like many others excel game programmers would point, I only use cells.

One day I will be rich and bored enough to build a hole 3d engine on excel! :smallbiggrin:

Heh, okay well if you ever do feel like looking for it... and it's Windows compatible, I'll PM you my email... I'm excited more than is healthy to start a long career of my excel gaming... :smalltongue:.

MethosH
2009-05-16, 07:29 PM
lol

I will look for it and send it to you :smallbiggrin:

There are few excel game programmers around (I wonder why) but there is at least one or two big projects on excel :smalltongue:
But if you know VB you won't have any problems programming games for excel

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 07:30 PM
lol

I will look for it and send it to you :smallbiggrin:

There are few excel game programmers around (I wonder why) but there is at least one or two big projects on excel :smalltongue:
But if you know VB you won't have any problems programming games for excel

Hm okay. I program and code but never thought of using excell for anything more than a bar graph. :smallamused:.

MethosH
2009-05-16, 07:31 PM
You should try get totally bored at work :smallbiggrin: