PDA

View Full Version : Wand selection

Coidzor
2009-05-13, 02:38 AM
So I'm probably going to be looking into acquiring a wand or two suitable for a ninth-level rogue with max ranks in UMD, a 7th-level artificer, and a 4th-level cleric, since I'd mostly been ignoring magic items for the most part in the interest of saving gold, or not actually having a chance to try to get anything new.

I'm mostly posting this because I'm wondering if anyone knows of any resources on wand selection and which wands to get eternal and which ones to get normal...

As far as I know we're following wealth by level guidelines. (though actually, where would I look those up just to compare whether I'm above or below that line?)

Swooper
2009-05-13, 04:49 AM
A raised-CL wand of Grease and either a wand of Acid Splash or Ray of Frost (or better yet, one of each) make for some fun sneak attacking.

Fishy
2009-05-13, 04:55 AM
Eternal Wand of Prestidigitation! Makes camping so much more fun.

Epinephrine
2009-05-13, 08:47 AM
Wand of Benign Transposition is pretty awesome. 1st level spell, switches people's locations. Of course, it's not as handy if you plan to always be attacking in combat, but a readied action to swap your healer with your tank can be a big surprise for people.

Also handy for getting onto/past objects, if you have a single party member who can get there - you just swap people several times.