PDA

View Full Version : Tsukiko & Red Cloak sitting in a tree

jogiff
2009-05-14, 03:51 PM
Who here thinks that Tsukiko and Red Cloak are viable romantic interests or that, at the very least, if/when Xykon is defeated, they'll team up? At first they hated each other, but this was obviously some sort of rivalry. In the oots653, Red Cloak seemed unusually happy to see Tsukiko. I don't think he was just because he needed her spells, but that he has stopped hating her so much. They finally worked together.

This doesn't have to turn into a "Belkar's Love Interest" type of thread, but does anyone else think that Tsukiko and Red Cloak relation is going to be expanded?

liooil2000
2009-05-14, 03:55 PM
Tsukiko is attracted to undead.

Winthur
2009-05-14, 03:58 PM

Can be done.

Does that mean that there are going to be Order of the Stick slashfics?

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-05-14, 04:16 PM
Um, I'm thinking no. Redcloak hates humans, hates Tsukiko specifically, and tried to kill her. Tsukiko sees Redcloak as competition for Xykon's attention.

While Redcloak may no longer be activly trying to kill Tsukiko, at least not in front of the boss. If she were to somehow choke on a chicken bone, I don't see Redcloak rushing over to give her the Heimlich.

Silverraptor
2009-05-14, 04:34 PM

:xykon:Hey, now, lets keep things professional. I'm not one of those disgusting biophiliacs.

Winthur
2009-05-14, 04:35 PM
Um, I'm thinking no. Redcloak hates humans, hates Tsukiko specifically, and tried to kill her. Tsukiko sees Redcloak as competition for Xykon's attention.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to stop the yaoi fangirls. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrackPairing)

Kurald Galain
2009-05-14, 04:43 PM

All of that are forms of passion. If people hate each other at first sight, we all know what that means in the long run!

:smallbiggrin:

Zanaril
2009-05-14, 04:56 PM
Next you'll be saying Redcloak summoned V to fight Xykon so they'd make a noise, and so Tsukiko would be woken up and wander in wearing skimpy nightwear. :smalltongue:

Haven
2009-05-14, 05:50 PM

Well, they did seem a lot more chummy...

And, Redcloak's personality being what it is, maybe he would be into "being dominated in that way."

Hmmmm.

Y'nokhs
2009-05-14, 06:41 PM
Their banter did seem rather...friendly.
I could see a nice "office romance" growing out of this.
They are both evil, they both hate human society for repressing goblins/undead, both have cleric levels (worked for Durkon!) and animate large amounts of undead.
The necrophilia thing might be a problem, but it does not preclude her liking the living, too, and a goblin high-priest has that same allure of being dark and forbidden.
That would be awesome :smallbiggrin:

PId6
2009-05-14, 06:52 PM
Interestingly, it doesn't seem to stop the yaoi fangirls. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrackPairing)
I can't believe I just spent an hour on that page...

Xesirin
2009-05-14, 09:27 PM
I can't believe I just spent an hour on that page...

I can. :biggrin:

I think that, theoretically, Redcloak and Tsukiko would make a cute couple, (cute being a highly operative and subjective word in this usage) but ultimately, her attraction to Xykon will take center stage.

The Blackbird
2009-05-14, 09:35 PM
Next you'll be saying Redcloak summoned V to fight Xykon so they'd make a noise, and so Tsukiko would be woken up and wander in wearing skimpy nightwear. :smalltongue:

What are you talking about? Of course thats why V was there!:smalltongue:

Skeppio
2009-05-14, 09:42 PM
While Redcloak may no longer be activly trying to kill Tsukiko, at least not in front of the boss. If she were to somehow choke on a chicken bone, I don't see Redcloak rushing over to give her the Heimlich.

I smell the setup for a Redcloak/Tsukiko fic...

Pyron
2009-05-14, 09:46 PM

SOD Spoiler

Tsukiko: Why, Redcloak, I never knew you had a younger brother. :biggrin:

Haven
2009-05-14, 09:57 PM
SOD Spoiler

:smalleek: No Just No.

The Blackbird
2009-05-14, 10:01 PM
SOD Spoiler

I...am speechless...I'm not sure if it's horrible or awesome... Go tell the House of Horrors guys this.

Lupy
2009-05-14, 10:05 PM
I hate you all so much right now. :smalleek: (:smallwink:)

Naw, this'll never happen, RC's asexual.

The Blackbird
2009-05-14, 10:06 PM
Naw, this'll never happen, RC's asexual.

Also revealed in SoD:smallamused:

PId6
2009-05-14, 10:14 PM
I can. :biggrin:

I think that, theoretically, Redcloak and Tsukiko would make a cute couple, (cute being a highly operative and subjective word in this usage) but ultimately, her attraction to Xykon will take center stage.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Redcloak: Don't you see? We were meant for each other! The evil cleric and the necromancer, what more perfect pair can there be?
Tsukiko: Redcloak, I... I can't. My heart belongs to someone else. I'm in love with Xykon!
Redcloak: Noooooooooooooo! What does he have that I don't? Is it because he has a giant boner? Because I hear there's this wizard that can cast enlarge... I'm going to stop now. (Read waaaaaay too much of that page :smalleek:)

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-15, 01:37 AM
Who here thinks that Tsukiko and Red Cloak are viable romantic interests or that, at the very least, if/when Xykon is defeated, they'll team up?

Tsukiko likes undead things (I mean really likes, wink, win, nudge, nudge) and Redcloak hates humans.

Yeah, I can see it, they'd be like the original Odd Couple.

Still, it might be nice if Tsukiko made Redcloak rethink his hate of humans. Or at least develop a love/hate attitude towards them.

R. Malcovitch
2009-05-15, 02:47 AM
That doesn't work on any level. Redcloak is a goblin supremacist who particularly hates humans, and Tsukiko is a necrophiliac.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-15, 02:48 AM
I liked my Redcloak/Miko relationship thread I started awhile back.

Prak
2009-05-15, 02:52 AM
actually, I can see it now... it's like Karen and Jack from Will and Grace... Tsukiko sleeps with undead, Redcloak doesn't sleep with humans, and maybe they'll get intoxicated and do things they normally wouldn't but in reality Redcloak's just a bone-hag.

FoE
2009-05-15, 03:19 AM
That's nothing. Compared to Miko/Redcloak, Tsukiko/Redcloak is at least mildly plausible. I mean, it would be a workplace romance, albeit a very unlikely one. The gods themselves would have to intervene to bring Miko and Redcloak together, and even then they'd probably try to kill each other. And yet I have heard of that pairing.

kpenguin
2009-05-15, 03:21 AM
She's a mystic theurge who doesn't play the rules!
He's a goblin cleric who's been driven to the edge!
Together, they fight the good guys!

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-15, 03:26 AM
I liked my Redcloak/Miko relationship thread I started awhile back.

Hmmm... so if Tsukiko somehow did reanimate Miko as an intelligent undead we could have a really weird love triangle (Redcloak/Tsukiko and undead Miko)?

What an awesome spin off concept. With Xykon filling in as the police chief always on their case.

Prak
2009-05-15, 03:30 AM
Or one could just fancon Tsukiko's decision regarding Miko's torn in half body... and that Tsukiko took pity on the poor thing, reanimating it and taking "special" care of her in her room...

holy crap I think I just created TsukikoXReanimated-eviscerated-Miko...

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-15, 04:25 AM
I don't think there's anything in it beyond the 2 of them possibly getting over what happened when they first met in the interests of their plans. Also, SoD suggested that RC wasn't asexual, and some of the people in the Arts and Crafts section have already done OotS relatinship art if I remember correctly (I only ever read the Non-OotS Fanservice thread due to the OotS Fanservice and House of Horrors threads disturbing me, so I'm not certain).

Vizen
2009-05-15, 04:46 AM
This thread is entertaining.

And I also spent the last hour on that CrackPairing TVTropes page. Curses! :smalltongue:

The Pilgrim
2009-05-15, 08:46 AM
There are "half-orcs", but no such thing as "half-goblins".

Their love is, sadly, impossible.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-15, 08:54 AM

Yet again goblins are short changed by the universe.

Maybe Redcloak is really fighting for the right to have Half-goblin children.

Snake-Aes
2009-05-15, 09:03 AM
Interpride?

Lissou
2009-05-15, 09:19 AM

What? Not that it's the only weird thing said in this thread, but since when to you have to produce biological offspring for your love to be possible? What about people who are sterile, who are too old, who are gay or who just don't want children? It sounds like a weird thing to say.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-15, 11:05 AM
Interpride?

I suspect an Interpride Parade would be both awesome and scary.

Dagren
2009-05-15, 03:59 PM
You really think Redcloak can compete with the charisma modifier of an epic level sorcerer? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0446.html)

Pyron
2009-05-15, 11:42 PM

Half-goblins (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html)

Y'nokhs
2009-05-15, 11:54 PM

And Tsukiko is going to have better luck with the undead?:smallwink:
Just because its not in core (or any published source I know of) doesn't mean it can't be made up. Personally, I'd like them to have a half-goblin, half-human, half-vampire (I is bad at maths) child.
:xykon: Your kid barged in on my torture session again
:redcloak: Bad son! Rebuke Undead!

Raging Gene Ray
2009-05-15, 11:54 PM
holy crap I think I just created TsukikoXReanimated-eviscerated-Miko...

N, you have not. That existed in the Belkar's Romantic Interest thread for awhile...although Miko's two halves were stitched together and they were sharing some wine as they lounged by the fire on a rug made from the skin of Argent.

Haven
2009-05-16, 12:00 AM
Half-goblins (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html)

:smalleek: That one goblin isn't being cut in half...it's separating its torso in order to dodge Roy's attack and lunge at him. iQue badass! Also, holy crap--even setting the plot aside, this comic has gotten so much better since then...
Anyway, even if Redcloak can't match Xykon's CHA modifier, I can totally see how this would happen: Xykon orders them to work together on some big project, it gets late into the night and they're exhausted from casting spells, and fall asleep curled up together...they wake up together, at first comfortable, than completely embarassed (mostly Redcloak; Tsukiko's a little pissed, but also discretely checking out his ass), and later both start thinking about the possibilities...Redcloak asks Xykon for advice, Tsukiko asks her wights, they both get hilariously awful suggestions, hilarity and adorability ensues.

Hmm...perhaps not quite as compelling as RedcloakXMiko, but a lot cuter, and more likely to happen (as far as crack pairings go, anyway).

Silverraptor
2009-05-16, 01:06 AM
Why isn't there any disturbing pictures on here?:smallfrown: There were on the Miko and Recloak thread.

hamishspence
2009-05-16, 04:01 AM
Realms of Infamy collection of D&D short stories includes a half-goblin half-human villain.

Boogastreehouse
2009-05-16, 07:10 PM

Awesome. You totally beat me to it.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-16, 07:34 PM

This is win. Plus 1d2/2 (Rounded up) Internets.

We need this. Whoever writes this gets +2d4 cookies.