PDA

View Full Version : What Xykon will do next [Speculation, Obviously]

ThisIsNotDan
2009-05-14, 09:26 PM
Team Evil still hasn't figured out where the next gate is. I think what happens next is that somehow they'll learn that V knows where it is, and they'll get him to squeal. And maybe somewhere along the way The Resistance will find a way to free him, and he may even end up working with them and finding peace with himself or earning redemption or something like that.

But that's long-term. I only really wanted to share my immediate prediction, which is that Team Evil will get V to spill the beans on Girard's Gate. This would be especially ironic, since the only reason V even knows the location of Girard's Gate is that the Oracle told him that Xykon would appear there next. If they hadn't consulted the Oracle, the ensuing tragedy of Xykon visiting Girard's Gate would never have come to pass. I'm positive there's a TV trope for this, but I'll let somebody else hunt that down.

liooil2000
2009-05-14, 09:35 PM
Yes, and Redcloak is going to use the same or similar tactics on V as Oo-chul.

Kornaki
2009-05-14, 09:52 PM
Team Evil still hasn't figured out where the next gate is. I think what happens next is that somehow they'll learn that V knows where it is, and they'll get him to squeal. And maybe somewhere along the way The Resistance will find a way to free him, and he may even end up working with them and finding peace with himself or earning redemption or something like that.

But that's long-term. I only really wanted to share my immediate prediction, which is that Team Evil will get V to spill the beans on Girard's Gate. This would be especially ironic, since the only reason V even knows the location of Girard's Gate is that the Oracle told him that Xykon would appear there next. If they hadn't consulted the Oracle, the ensuing tragedy of Xykon visiting Girard's Gate would never have come to pass. I'm positive there's a TV trope for this, but I'll let somebody else hunt that down.

Uh, wait.... don't they know the location from the halfling's diary?

Aaron
2009-05-14, 10:05 PM
Uh, wait.... don't they know the location from the halfling's diary?

They do. Team Evil already knows the location of Girard's Gate. What they need/want to find out is how it is defended. Redcloak will interrogate V and find out the OOTS is going to Girard's Gate also. Redcloak will be like:

:redcloak: "You know SOMETHING about how Girard's Gate is defended. Logic simply implies that you wouldn't go to Girard's Gate without learning at least a little about it!"

It'll be just like when Redcloak interrogated O-Chul. V knows nothing about Girard's Gate.

PId6
2009-05-14, 10:22 PM
Does even V know where Girard's Gate is? Someone in a thread somewhere said that Roy was the only one who knew that, though I don't remember much about this either way.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.