PDA

View Full Version : +2 charisma?

steam_mage
2009-05-15, 09:46 AM
i'll be playing demented one's dashing swordsman in a level 13 campaign (level 6 fighter/level 7 ds) and was wondering if anyone knew of a race with 0 level adjustment and had a +2 on charisma? stength isnt important but dexterity and constitution are for ac an hp

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-15, 09:48 AM
The best there is would be Spellscale or Lesser Teifling (Races of the Dragon and Player's Guide to Faerun). Spellscale has a penalty to Con, and Lesser Teifling is considered a very powerful LA 0 race.

AmberVael
2009-05-15, 09:50 AM
The best there is would be Spellscale or Lesser Teifling (Races of the Dragon and Player's Guide to Faerun). Spellscale has a penalty to Con, and Lesser Teifling is considered a very powerful LA 0 race.

Lesser Tiefling has a penalty, actually.

You'd want Lesser Aasimar.

Anyways: all +0 LA races are here: linky. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=697653)

Sinfire Titan
2009-05-15, 09:56 AM
Lesser Tiefling has a penalty, actually.

You'd want Lesser Aasimar.

Anyways: all +0 LA races are here: linky. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=697653)

...Thanks. Now I feel the need to reread half of 3.5.

Well, I need to do that anyway.

steam_mage
2009-05-15, 10:07 AM
bloody hell that was quick... thanks vael lesser aasimar seems perfect although a little overpowered for LA 0

Swooper
2009-05-15, 11:15 AM
bloody hell that was quick... thanks vael lesser aasimar seems perfect although a little overpowered for LA 0
I'd say most LA0 races are underpowered, actually, compared to humans (which are supposed to be the 'baseline' race). Lesser planetouched are fine.

steam_mage
2009-05-15, 12:11 PM
I'd say most LA0 races are underpowered, actually, compared to humans (which are supposed to be the 'baseline' race). Lesser planetouched are fine.

perhaps but compared to most other races in the ph a net bonus +4 to ability scores and light once per day seems a little overpowered

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-05-15, 12:12 PM
I'd say most LA0 races are underpowered, actually, compared to humans (which are supposed to be the 'baseline' race). Lesser planetouched are fine.Yeah, generally the top mentioned races are things like Humans, Dwarfs, Kobolds, Grey Elves, and Lesser Aasimar.

RTGoodman
2009-05-15, 12:23 PM
I don't know the exact source (it's from a Dragon magazine - you can probably find in on CrystalKeep), but there's a Magic-Blooded template you can take at 1st level that gives you +2 Cha, -2 Wis. Could be worth it.

Dark_Scary
2009-05-15, 01:04 PM
perhaps but compared to most other races in the ph a net bonus +4 to ability scores and light once per day seems a little overpowered

Compared to most other races in the PHB, a feat is overpowered. First off, light once a day is completely meaningless, and secondly, the stats only help paladins and clerics. Most other characters only benefit from one.

I'll take +2 to an ability I care about, -2 to an ability I don't, and +1 to saving throws (plus a bunch of skill bonuses) over +2 to an ability I care about and +2 to an ability I don't.

Tengu_temp
2009-05-15, 01:32 PM

I disagree - +2 to two stats is much more valuable than a feat. Is there any reason not to be a lesser aasimar if you want to be a cleric, for example?
The only LA 0 race where I'd be okay with total positive ability score modifier would be half-elves - they suck so badly they could use a boost in form of +2 charisma.

I don't know the exact source (it's from a Dragon magazine - you can probably find in on CrystalKeep), but there's a Magic-Blooded template you can take at 1st level that gives you +2 Cha, -2 Wis. Could be worth it.

Indeed. Combine it with a star elf or a spellscale and you have +4 charisma with no LA modifier.