PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 2 Patches

Kris Strife
2009-05-16, 12:52 AM
Just got the game installed, gold edition if that matters, just wondering if there are any must have patches for it? Preferably class and race mods if possible.

DeathQuaker
2009-05-18, 12:23 PM
Mods and patches are 2 different things. Not trying to be an ass and correct you, just noting because I'm a little confused what you're looking for.:smallcool:

Any official patches by Obsidian... i.e., fixes to the game... just run NWN2 update and make sure your game is fully updated. You DO want to make sure your game is fully patched especially since IIRC the latest patch especially fixes some gameplay elements quite well (I think they finally fixed stealth, for one thing).

User-made modifications, I personally prefer not to install too much myself because I don't like bloating my game with hakpaks, but if you go to NWNVault and the NWN2 forums on the Bioware boards you will find the highly rated, recommended mods very easily. I have not heard of many recommended races/classes but there are a number of UI adjustments, AI fixes, and things like auto-buffing mods that many players report as quite handy. (And I am sure there ARE races and classes mods, I just haven't seen a lot of buzz about them, which probably just means I'm out of the loop more than anything else).

If you're looking for new modules to play, then again, highly rated games on the hall of fame are a good way to go, and there are useful recommendations in the Bioware boards. Personally, I'm still waiting for the full version of Purgatorio to come out.

I'd recommend playing through a little unmodded and seeing what kind of things you want to see and then specifically looking for mods that address those issues.

Kane
2009-05-19, 07:03 PM
Well, I* finally got NWN2 mostly working again, so I thought I'd ask:

My version is kind of funky; I can't install Mask of the Betrayer, and I've never even seen Storm of Zehir, but when I start the game, or update, it prominently displays "Storm of Zehir" in fancy characters. I do not, however, have either MotB or SoZ as available campaigns.

WTF is going on? Help appreciated.

*Thanks, brother.

DranWork
2009-05-20, 12:09 AM
due to the updates with the new games out the splash screen changes to reflect this. Did it in nwn1 as well if you updated to the latest patch before installing the new addons. Means nothing other then a minor graphical change for you unless you have the new games installed as well.