PDA

View Full Version : 2 year anniversary!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-16, 10:28 AM
Guys and galls, its been two years since I made a account and started posting here. Well to be precise. Two years and three days.

I just want to say, its been a honour, a dang good time and I hope to keep spending lots of time with you awesome people.

Thenk you for being there for me when I needed the support.
Thenk you for being there for me in the happy times.
Thenk you.

Now lets have cake!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2165/2470693287_76ed811cb7.jpg

TSED
2009-05-16, 10:31 AM
A cake made out of cookies sounds like it should be on a list of government controlled substances somewhere.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-16, 11:29 AM
Deeeelllicious cake.
Congratulations, DD <3

Dragonrider
2009-05-16, 11:42 AM
Yay DD!

Wow...that makes it almost 2.5 for me.... >.<

dish
2009-05-16, 12:14 PM
Congratulations.

(I didn't know we were supposed to be keeping track.)

But anyway: Yay cake!

Fredthefighter
2009-05-16, 12:17 PM
Congratulations DD. :smallsmile:
That is one awesome cake you've got there. An awesome cake indeed.

Recaiden
2009-05-16, 12:17 PM
Congratulations DD! Don't get any crazy ideas about leaving now.
I apparently missed my 1 year anniversary without noticing it.
You've been here about 2 years dish.

Lord Herman
2009-05-16, 12:18 PM
Happy anniversary, DD!

Jibar
2009-05-16, 12:18 PM
Awww, lookit the little youngin' after his 2 years.
They're so cute when they're this age.
:smalltongue:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2009-05-16, 12:43 PM
I've been here 3 years, or so. Lemme check the date next to this post.

Edit: A bit more than 3 years. Of course, for almost a year, broken up into bits, I haven't been here, but I made this account 3 years ago. Jibar still wins so far though. Just wait for Rawhide or Rich to come on and put us all to shame. :smallamused:

Sneak
2009-05-16, 01:38 PM
Wow....four years? :smalleek:

Congrats, DD!

RTGoodman
2009-05-16, 01:45 PM
I know I started reading OotS the day before #401 came out (since it came out while I was reading through the archives), so that means probably January 15th, 2007. Man, it doesn't seem like 2 years and 4 months...

Congrats!

EDIT:

Just wait for Rawhide or Rich to come on and put us all to shame. :smallamused:

Actually, it looks like Rawhide and Roland, at least, joined in September '05, but The Giant's been around since '03.

Darius Midnite
2009-05-16, 02:14 PM
And it's been a good two years and three days. As much this is an opportunity to celebrate, it is as much a opportunity to reminisce. Some of us has been here for what seems aeons, but just like life, time here seems to pass fast.

InaVegt
2009-05-16, 02:52 PM
And it's been a good two years and three days. As much this is an opportunity to celebrate, it is as much a opportunity to reminisce. Some of us has been here for what seems aeons, but just like life, time here seems to pass fast.

Aye.

I have been here for quite a bit longer than DD, yet it is like he has been here for at least as long as I have.

Then there's also those who have left us (or turned to lurkerhood), but are not forgotten.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-16, 03:00 PM
:smalltongue: I feel like such a noob! I'll be two years in November.
Congratulations, DD!

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 05:44 PM
Heh, I'm you superiors by about a month DD :smalltongue:.

I remember lots of stuff about those first few months... Like... Quickpost! :smallfrown:, How I miss it so...

Anyways, congrats dude, looking forward to another two years :smalltongue:.

Nameless
2009-05-16, 06:14 PM
Yaaayyyyy omnomnomnom

skywalker
2009-05-17, 02:30 AM
Awesome cake.

I personally have been here 2 years and about 10 days. Wow.

I think about merely the number of people who have come and gone in that span and I'm shocked indeed.

Here's to two more! I'll be here til I'm married, at least!

SDF
2009-05-17, 05:23 AM
Then there's also those who have left us (or turned to lurkerhood), but are not forgotten.

Man, becoming a lurker takes a lot of willpower. WAAAY harder than quitting smoking.

I thought about posting the death birthday comic, but it's not a real birthday so...

Stay optimistic, it may not be your birthday but you're still going to die! :smallbiggrin:

dish
2009-05-17, 06:19 AM
Awesome cake.

I personally have been here 2 years and about 10 days. Wow.

I think about merely the number of people who have come and gone in that span and I'm shocked indeed.

Here's to two more! I'll be here til I'm married, at least!

You make it sound as if you have promised your wife-to-be that you'll give the forums up on your wedding night. Like smoking. Or playing the field.

Say it ain't so?

InaVegt
2009-05-17, 08:14 AM
Man, becoming a lurker takes a lot of willpower. WAAAY harder than quitting smoking.

This man speaks the truth.

I cannot lurk, I can leave the playground whenever I want, but I can't lurk.

If leaving the playground is like quitting smoking, lurking on the playground is like quitting smoking while keeping to hang out with the smokers during their smoking breaks, the urge to join in/post is immense.

Dirk Kris
2009-05-17, 11:46 AM
Grats, DD. Haven't known you long, but glad you're around, my man.

Berserk Monk
2009-05-17, 11:51 AM
Congrats. I haven't even had an account for a year. I'm practically a noob. Send me PM on 7/22 for my 1st anniversary.

Rutskarn
2009-05-17, 01:34 PM
Today marks the...a little more than 6 months I've been posting.

Yay!

No cake, though.

Crimmy
2009-05-17, 02:35 PM
Yay!!! Happee Annie-Verse-are-EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lupy
2009-05-17, 03:37 PM
Wow, I'm almost to a year and a half... I feel old. :smalltongue:

'Gratz DD.

Dihan
2009-05-17, 03:41 PM
I missed my second year anniversary in January. I think I left for a month because of exams.

GoC
2009-05-17, 03:49 PM
Weird...:smallconfused:
I'm definitely one of the "older" posters here!:smalleek:
Certainly seems like a long time...

btw: If you can't recall the time the site and forums looked different then you're a newb.:smalltongue:

Hell Puppi
2009-05-17, 04:03 PM
DD for some reason I've thought of you and Dihan as posters who'd been around long before me.

It's kind of weird to realize you guys have only been posting here a couple months longer than I have.:smalleek:

Time! Quit going by so fast! It's really quite odd!:smallannoyed:

Dihan
2009-05-17, 04:22 PM
btw: If you can't recall the time the site and forums looked different then you're a newb.:smalltongue:

Elitism for the lose. :smalltongue:

DD for some reason I've thought of you and Dihan as posters who'd been around long before me.

It's kind of weird to realize you guys have only been posting here a couple months longer than I have.:smalleek:

Time! Quit going by so fast! It's really quite odd!:smallannoyed:

After a while I begin to feel that people who joined after me have been here a lot longer than me. I put it down to a semi-lurker status whilst other, newer people get stuck in and become "established" members.

Oh well, popularity isn't everything. :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-05-17, 04:22 PM
Same when I realize that Phase wasn't in it much longer than I have. Kinda weird, huh?

chiasaur11
2009-05-17, 04:32 PM
Well, I'd file 10 months as a decent amount longer.

Now, my being 2 months behind, yeah. That's odd feeling.

Heck, it's odd remembering I've been here longer than Ruts.

Rutskarn
2009-05-17, 04:47 PM
Well, by "not much longer", I mean, "he's not a member of the 5-year forum canon".

GoC
2009-05-17, 04:48 PM
Elitism for the lose. :smalltongue:

:smallbiggrin:
Indeed.

Anuan
2009-05-17, 06:45 PM
I was here a long...LONG...time before I started posting or even lurking, other than one time when I needed advice right at the start...I only started posting...somewhere in Jan or Feb this year...look at my join-date to see how far behind that is :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2009-05-18, 10:16 PM
Yay DD!

Wow...that makes it almost 2.5 for me.... >.<

Old woman! *runs away*

Also, Happy Playground Aniversary, DD.

Alleine
2009-05-19, 02:09 AM
O_O I just realized I joined around the same time as DD!
This is weeeeird. I thought DD had been around waaay longer than me. Of course half the time it feels like Rutskarn has been here longer than me too, so maybe I'm just crazy. Or I need to post more :smallconfused:

Yay, happy cake-iverssary! Which reminds me of a cake I had when I was really little, it was a Cookiemonster cake!
And after all these years, cookiemonster is still my favorite stuffed animal that I have. The lil' guy is just so gosh darn cute! And so is DD!

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-20, 02:53 PM
Dear god, you've been here as long as I have...
And here I was, always looking at you as a sort of little brother kind of figure, but a dwarven figure reaching no higher than my divine knees. Heck, with my less than frequent posting rate it's probably me that is completely blacked out by your colossal presence.

Also, awesome cake.

And happy two year anniversary thing.