PDA

View Full Version : Quick question...

Shinizak
2009-05-16, 06:39 PM
I've never really been able to find out, is there any sort of pattern to when OotS is updated?

Lira
2009-05-16, 06:42 PM
Nope, the update scedule is random.

Shinizak
2009-05-16, 06:45 PM
Darn, I was really hoping for an update...

Zevox
2009-05-16, 06:46 PM
Nope. The comic updates "at random" - aka, whenever the Giant finishes each comic. Sometimes that's just within a few days of each other, sometimes it takes a week or more. He has a long-term health issue that sometimes prevents him from working on the comic for extended periods of time, which prevents him from sustaining any sort of schedule.

Zevox

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-05-16, 06:46 PM
It's seemed to average at two per week for the last few weeks, but who knows?

Mr. Mud
2009-05-16, 06:55 PM
I've never really been able to find out, is there any sort of pattern to when OotS is updated?

Roughly... a year ago? Maybe less... Yeah probably less, Mr. Burlew had OOTS on a Monday/Wednesay/Friday schedule (if memory serves). He stopped that becasue namely because of an long term health issue, and to a lesser extent the quality of the comics. I think it was stated that oots would be updated 3 times per week, but who knows. It's sometimes more, sometimes less but usually around that. Be glad it's just not once a week, bud :smallbiggrin:.

Shinizak
2009-05-16, 08:13 PM
What's wrong with his health?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-16, 08:16 PM
Once a week wouldn't be that bad, compared to some webcomics *cough*Pokemon-X*cough*VGCats*cough*

Especially if a break would help his health. I'd be willing to go a month or two with no updates if it helped Rich's health (which may be what he's doing with the break I've heard about after this arc.)

derfenrirwolv
2009-05-16, 08:18 PM
Its usualy tuesday ish thursday ish. Or saterdayish if tuesday was a double feature.

Dogmantra
2009-05-16, 08:26 PM
What's wrong with his health?

He hasn't specified. All he's said is that it's not life-threatening, and that it keeps him from working too long.

Silverraptor
2009-05-17, 03:24 AM
I always just get feelings in my gut that say, "An update is bound to happen soon" and it's usually correct. The feeling comes at random times.

ref
2009-05-17, 04:28 AM
hmm... Suggestion! An update is bound to happen soon...

to the original poster, just learn to embrace them when they come, since it's really random. But we like it this way. :smallbiggrin:

Ancalagon
2009-05-17, 05:13 AM
but we like it this way. :smallbiggrin:

No. But it's still ok, since it's free and also very good and stuff. ;)

PId6
2009-05-17, 12:12 PM
I always just get feelings in my gut that say, "An update is bound to happen soon" and it's usually correct. The feeling comes at random times.
Me too, though my feeling is generally wrong. :smallmad:

Zanaril
2009-05-17, 12:18 PM
I find updates generally happen as soon as I start thinking "well, it's not gonna happen soon". Unfortunately, thinking it's going to update because I have the feeling it's not going to update doesn't count as thinking it's not going to update. :smallfrown:

Silverraptor
2009-05-17, 12:47 PM
hmm... Suggestion! An update is bound to happen soon...

So are you saying that Rich is casting suggestion on me, giving me arbitrary feelings on when he will update?:smallconfused: Wow! I feel so :smallcool:Honored:smallcool:

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-05-17, 12:57 PM
Well, considering how it's gone in the past few weeks, I'd be surprised if #654 doesn't come out before or on Tuesday.

Linkavitch
2009-05-17, 04:29 PM

My feeling usually involves frustration when there's so much traffic on Giantitp, that I know there's a new comic and I can't get to it 'cuz the server is overloaded.

JT Jag
2009-05-17, 04:35 PM
Hold on, I'm going to tempt fate.

"Man, there's NO WAY that we get an update in the next day or two. It's been TOO CONSISTENT lately. I put the possibility of a new comic coming soon as ZERO."

JJ48
2009-05-17, 04:56 PM

"Man, there's NO WAY that we get an update in the next day or two. It's been TOO CONSISTENT lately. I put the possibility of a new comic coming soon as ZERO."

One in a million*

Absolutes SOMETIMES work out, but long shots ALWAYS do.

ff7hero
2009-05-17, 05:00 PM

Oh gods. I swear if the next update takes longer, I'm holding you responsible.