PDA

View Full Version : [Power] Hurts so good!

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-04, 06:47 PM
Not a clue why this came to me just now...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Masochistic
Psychometabolism
Level: Egoist 2, Psychic Warrior 1
Display: Mental
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min./level
Power Points: Psion 3, psychic warrior 1

You rewire your neural connections and senses to not only tolerate pain but take pleasure from it. You are completely immune to damage or penalties from affects that directly stem from pain such as Inflict Pain and Painful Strike. This includes torture. Once the power ends, any affects still in place effects the target normally.

Augment: If you spend 2 extra power points you gain a +1 morale bonus to all rolls made while under a pain affect.

illathid
2006-08-04, 07:20 PM
I can see this creating some potential hilarious situations.

Wait, would the opposite occur as well? Would effects that cause pleasure induce pain? Because if that is the case then there might actually be a use for Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-04, 07:54 PM
Naw, as far as I know masochists don't take pain from pleasure, just the other way around. Also, no psion is going to redo their brains like that ;)

illathid
2006-08-04, 08:08 PM
Yeah, thats what i figured. I kind do like that idea though, a psion rewiring another's brain so pain is pleasure and pleasure is pain. Manifest it on minions to enhance their battle capabilities, or manifest it on a enemy to make for an unpleasant downtime.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-05, 09:51 AM
That'd be a bit odd because you'd have to do something really nice to them to cause them pain. Thing is, if pleasure became pain, then they'd like it anyways ;)

Fax Celestis
2006-08-05, 12:51 PM
That'd be a bit odd because you'd have to do something really nice to them to cause them pain. Thing is, if pleasure became pain, then they'd like it anyways ;)
One could reverse the sensations of pleasure and pain in the BBEG's head, and then walk up to him and hand him a big sack of gold and the artifact he was looking for.

I think that'd kill him.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-05, 12:53 PM
One could reverse the sensations of pleasure and pain in the BBEG's head, and then walk up to him and hand him a big sack of gold and the artifact he was looking for.

I think that'd kill him.
Can just see it now, everyone rolling initiative to see who gets to massage the Balor's feet first...

ghost_warlock
2006-08-05, 01:49 PM
I wonder how this would synergy with pain affinity field from Complete Psionic... :P

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-05, 02:00 PM
I wonder how this would synergy with pain affinity field from Complete Psionic... :P
Ermmm... what?

Closet_Skeleton
2006-08-06, 11:13 AM
Darn, I read the title as "power hurts so good"...

I was going to make a magic user prestige class that got irreversable constitution drain in return for increased power but never bothered. I thought someone might have beaten me to it.

Oh well.

They probably have beaten me to it somewhere else anyway.

ghost_warlock
2006-08-06, 12:19 PM
Ermmm... what?
Sorry, just a general joke/question about the possibility of making groups of people into masochists all at once. Just ignore me! ;D

I was going to make a magic user prestige class that got irreversable constitution drain in return for increased power but never bothered. I thought someone might have beaten me to it.

Oh well.

Neither do drain, but the psionic feats Overchannel and Bodyfuel both deal damage to the manifester in order to increase the character's power. Overchannel deals hp damage to increase the manifester level. Body Fuel does ability burn to increase power points.

The Glyphstone
2006-08-06, 02:53 PM

Oh well.

Isn't that called the Cancer Mage? ???

Peregrine
2006-08-06, 04:13 PM
Can just see it now, everyone rolling initiative to see who gets to massage the Balor's feet first...
And that old joke spell, Power Word: Orgasm...