PDA

View Full Version : Nooooo!

Ancalagon
2009-05-18, 03:35 PM
The poor Create in the Darkness. All it wants is that people are nice to each other and now it has to watch the how his favourite friend get's beaten up.

I really hope for this outcome:

O'Chul attacks Xykon, who of course whips the floor with him. Then the creature intervenes, rescues O'Chul and Vaarsuvius teleports all three together away, towards the island of the azurites, where the creature can live in freedom - together with his friend O'Chul.

But I fear it'll end badly.

Shinizak
2009-05-18, 03:38 PM
V can't teleport without the splice.

Kornaki
2009-05-18, 03:45 PM
Hence we conclude MitD can teleport.

So what monsters could he be?

Mr. Mud
2009-05-18, 03:49 PM
Hence we conclude MitD can teleport.

So what monsters could he be?

He could be some super powerful wizard that Xykon enslaved, and now keeps in eternal darkness. A theory, but viable nonetheless...

But I think that MitD will see O'Chul get hurt, jump to the rescue and kill Xykon in blinded rage. After this, we can expect O'Chul comforting MitD for the inevitable crying that will transpire after the death of Xykon and possibly the Cloaks :smallamused:. I'm in a wordy mood today.

NerfTW
2009-05-18, 03:54 PM
He could be some super powerful wizard that Xykon enslaved, and now keeps in eternal darkness. A theory, but viable nonetheless...

But I think that MitD will see O'Chul get hurt, jump to the rescue and kill Xykon in blinded rage. After this, we can expect O'Chul comforting MitD for the inevitable crying that will transpire after the death of Xykon and possibly the Cloaks :smallamused:. I'm in a wordy mood today.

We know he's not a wizard. Start of Darkness has:
He is captured in the jungle, by hunters, and this is not his normal habitat. We also know that he's hideous and frightening to people, because that's his role in the circus, along with responses from the audience. We also know he's a creature of some sort, because Red Cloak recognizes what he is and how helpful he'd be for his quest.

FoE
2009-05-18, 03:57 PM
We also know that he's hideous and frightening to people

And yet strangely beautiful!

Mr. Mud
2009-05-18, 03:58 PM
We know he's not a wizard. Start of Darkness has:
He is captured in the jungle, by hunters, and this is not his normal habitat. We also know that he's hideous and frightening to people, because that's his role in the circus, along with responses from the audience. We also know he's a creature of some sort, because Red Cloak recognizes what he is and how helpful he'd be for his quest.

Ah okay... Thanks for letting me know :smallredface:. But he could be some sort of half humanoid/half blink dog, going on the teleportation theory... Or maybe a miniature ogre magi? But theories aside, I still think it's a pop-culture reference :smalltongue:.

Ancalagon
2009-05-18, 03:59 PM
V can't teleport without the splice.

This thread is about wishful thinking.

Something tragic and sad is probably about to happen anyway...

mistformsquirrl
2009-05-18, 04:01 PM
My wishful thinking?

O-Chul's broken bar is, in fact, a Bar of Disruption +5.

*Crunch* *lichdust*

You said wishful thinking... >.>

Great Dane
2009-05-18, 04:13 PM
This might have been proposed before but I think MitD is
Frankenstein.

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-05-18, 04:14 PM
Well, my theory is this:
The MitD is the Son of Godzilla (See it on hulu.com today!). Could any of the monsters from Monster Island teleport?

But for me, I hope O-Chul doesn't die so Vaarsuvius can live. Although O-Chul IS the type of paladin to lay down his life for another, it would be terribly cliche' of the Giant.

Winthur
2009-05-18, 04:20 PM
Remember that there is still a case of the prisoners that believe that if O-Chul can put up resistance, then so can they. It would be pretty epic... O-Chul, on the brink of his hit points, is rescued by a horde of slaves, all wearing masks that resemble his face. Optionally, O-Chul dies, and then he becomes the Avatar of Order. Peace (and boredom?) spreads through the land, never leaving it ever again.

...nah. Only Avatar? He deserves Godhood.

(Roguelike fans, rejoice.)

Optimystik
2009-05-18, 04:32 PM
Frankenstein.

Golems don't eat.

Sholos
2009-05-18, 05:03 PM
Golems don't eat.

They also don't have names.

Doompuppy
2009-05-18, 05:06 PM
Frankenstein.

No, I'm fairly sure the MitD isn't
a doctor.

Winthur
2009-05-18, 05:07 PM
No, I'm fairly sure the MitD isn't
a doctor.

Yep, it's never lupus.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-18, 05:13 PM
Remember that there is still a case of the prisoners that believe that if O-Chul can put up resistance, then so can they. It would be pretty epic... O-Chul, on the brink of his hit points, is rescued by a horde of slaves, all wearing masks that resemble his face. Optionally, O-Chul dies, and then he becomes the Avatar of Order. Peace (and boredom?) spreads through the land, never leaving it ever again.

Heh! Good reference... Us rougelike lovers have to band together... we're in recession!

E-Cookie for you. http://pad.focalization.com/images/misc/ecookie.jpg

Optimystik
2009-05-18, 05:15 PM
They also don't have names.

Uh... What does that have to do with anything? The MitD doesn't have a name either.

My point was the MitD can't be Frankenstein because he'd be a golem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0576.html) in Stickverse, which goes against several aspects of his character.

EDIT: Unless you're using the title of Frankenstein to represent the scientist that CREATED the golem, which is splitting hairs to absurdity.

Cracklord
2009-05-18, 05:54 PM

And as the paladin breathed his last, a bright radience filled the sky, and a new constalation was seen in the stars. So it was that a new animal was added to the zodiac of the twlve gods...

Either that, or the life or death experiences O-Chul has been going through non-stop have given him enough experience to hit epic levels. Think about it.

Kornaki
2009-05-18, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry, an epic paladin with no equipment? Not gonna do a whole lot

David Argall
2009-05-18, 06:44 PM
EDIT: Unless you're using the title of Frankenstein to represent the scientist that CREATED the golem, which is splitting hairs to absurdity.
Like that is unusual around here?

Optimystik
2009-05-18, 06:47 PM
Lol :smallbiggrin: Dude... "Frankenstein" the monster doesn't actually have a name. The name of the scientist that created it IS Dr. Frankenstein. The monster is actually called "Dr. Frankenstein's Monster" when it is referred to.

Calling the actual monster Frankenstein is just a common misunderstanding from people who are not familiar with the story.

I'm aware of that, but nobody who brings up "Frankenstein" (especially when theorizing him as a monster) is referring to the actual doctor.

Do an images search on google for "Frankenstein" and tell me how many scientists you see. Technically inaccurate maybe, but well-established in the public consciousness now.

Like that is unusual around here?

If I weren't in agreement with you this time around, I'd make a comment about the irony blowing my mind to smithereens. :smallwink:

[red][/red]
2009-05-18, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that Frankenstein's monster's name is "Adam".

DamnedIrishman
2009-05-18, 06:57 PM
But for me, I hope O-Chul doesn't die so Vaarsuvius can live. Although O-Chul IS the type of paladin to lay down his life for another, it would be terribly cliche' of the Giant.

True, but the Giant uses quite a lot of cliche. That's why OOTS is amusing as a parody. Or possibly a pastiche.

Linkavitch
2009-05-18, 06:58 PM
Golems don't eat.

Yes, they do. They eat fishes, precious.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-18, 07:03 PM
And my theory is this:
The MitD is a young adult amethyst dragon.

So there's quite a few ways for the MitD to do something without revealing himself. (And that's true even if I'm wrong.)

TrashCat
2009-05-18, 09:25 PM

When I read that, there was a beat of puzzlement. :smallconfused: Then I burst out laughing. And I'm sitting by myself in my room.

Well done, good sir, well done.

JJ48
2009-05-18, 09:45 PM
Perhaps it'll go something like this:

O-Chul: M...Monster-san! You remembered my name!

MitD: Hey, yeah! I did!

O-Chul (thinking): Hm... Monster-san, are you contemplating what I am contemplating?

MitD: I think so, Mr. Stiffly, but where are we going to find a bowl of licorice Jell-O at THIS time of night?

Cracklord
2009-05-18, 09:50 PM
Or O-Chul is going to show V that no matter how powerful or subtle the spellcaster, a steel pole through the face really cramps style, even style so total as Xykon's.
At this point O-Chul will summon his Paladin mount and ride into the sunset, shouting some cryptic wisdom.

JJ48
2009-05-18, 10:07 PM
At this point O-Chul will summon his Paladin mount and ride into the sunset, shouting some cryptic wisdom.

<Cue the theme song from "Blazing Saddles".>

evileeyore
2009-05-19, 12:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that Frankenstein's monster's name is "Adam".

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Goldwing
2009-05-19, 02:35 PM
That's Frahnkensteen!

Anyway yeah, totally don't want O-Chul to die...but I can't think of how he'll not die when he seems to want to. I think we need to create a token for Saint O-Chul once he dies, though. Something awesome.

REALLY awesome. :smallcool:

Simanos
2009-05-19, 04:09 PM
That's Frahnkensteen!
LOL great movie!

Winthur
2009-05-19, 04:27 PM
WROOOOOOOOOONG!

Frankenstein's name is totally Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern Schplenden Schlitter Crass Cren Bon Fried Digger Dingle Dangle Dongle Dungle Burstein von Knacker Thrasher Apple Banger Horowitz Ticolensic Grander Knotty Spelltinkle Grandlich Grumblemeyer Spelter Wasser Kurstlich Himble Eisenbahnwagen Gutenabend Bitte einen Nürnburger Bratwürstel Gespurten mit Weimache Luber Hundsfut Gumeraber Schönendanker Kalbsfleisch Mittleraucher von Hautkopft of Ulm.

Optimystik
2009-05-19, 05:02 PM

Give it to us raw... and wriggling.

Alex Warlorn
2009-05-19, 08:49 PM

So he becomes the St. Cuthbert of the Order of the stick verse.

VERY VERY VERY COOL!!!