PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul is Chaotic Evil and Should Fall

Ridureyu
2009-05-18, 03:40 PM
He killed one of the roaches! This is the most heinous act ever in the comic. I propose that O-Chul's alignment is really Chaotic Evil. More evil than Xykon.

petersohn
2009-05-18, 03:56 PM
I suppose I don't have to be a paladin to detect your sarcasm.

Technically, he didn't kill it. He banished it. You know, outsiders can't be etc. etc...

FoE
2009-05-18, 03:59 PM
To hell with the roaches.

Flickerdart
2009-05-18, 04:00 PM
To hell with the roaches.
Nah, they're probably CE. The Abyss.

Ridureyu
2009-05-18, 04:02 PM
I suppose I don't have to be a paladin to detect your sarcasm.

Technically, he didn't kill it. He banished it. You know, outsiders can't be etc. etc...

Of course:smallbiggrin: But you just know that somebody's going to take this totally seriously, and give a three-paragraph post either supporting or denying the statement.

Anyway, O-Chul is now just as CE as Hinjo, Roy, Celia, Haley, and Durkon.

Winthur
2009-05-18, 04:02 PM
Don't worry, he will be back like those two vodeville (sp?) guys from Family Guy.

Silverraptor
2009-05-18, 04:03 PM
Of course:smallbiggrin: But you just know that somebody's going to take this totally seriously, and give a three-paragraph post either supporting or denying the statement.

And what about miko?

Ridureyu
2009-05-18, 04:05 PM
Miko, much like Belkar, V, and Redcloak, is a paragon of goodness and light, and we must strive to imitate her every action.

The Pilgrim
2009-05-18, 04:06 PM
I know someone would open a thread like this... I was gonna do myself if not. :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2009-05-18, 04:07 PM
Don't worry, he will be back like those two vodeville (sp?) guys from Family Guy.
There are a lot of Demon Roaches. A different guy will replace him, unless that was the girl roach in which case oops.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-18, 04:10 PM

And Belkar. :smalltongue:

Kish
2009-05-18, 04:22 PM
Miko, much like Belkar, V, and Redcloak, is a paragon of goodness and light, and we must strive to imitate her every action.
How figured? She squeezed a demon-roach.

TheSummoner
2009-05-18, 04:26 PM
She was hugging it.

Starscream
2009-05-18, 04:28 PM
There are a lot of Demon Roaches. A different guy will replace him, unless that was the girl roach in which case oops.

He killed the only female? Now the species is doomed! O-Chul is guilty of genocide!

Kalbron
2009-05-18, 04:28 PM
It would be highly amusing to see the reactions of the resident carebears if the Giant shows that the roach O-Chul killed was only a Young Demon Roach, who was innocently guarding the cage because his Ancient Demon Roach mother told him to while she was visiting her brother in another side of the castle.

How will they react when she comes for revenge and shows sorceror powers and righteously declares that she won't kill O-Chul, she'll just kill and soul bind his living relatives.

Always Chaotic Evil is meaningless remember? That could have been a Good or Neutral Young Demon Roach but the vileness of the Twelve Gods knows no bounds and they do not make their foul minions, the evil Paladins fall for slaughtering innocent Always Chaotic Evil creatures! O-Chul is clearly Evil incarnate!

TheSummoner
2009-05-18, 04:29 PM
Demon Roaches are like Smurfs... theres only one female, but if she dies off they elect one of the males to take her place.

Optimystik
2009-05-18, 04:30 PM
Nah, they're probably CE. The Abyss.

Thread over, thank you and goodnight.

Kalbron
2009-05-18, 06:48 PM
To be honest, that means nothing at all.

Young Black Dragon: attempted to kill and eat the party, CE; got tears shed for it.

Ancient Black Dragon: attempted to kill and soul bind V's family, CE; got tears shed for it.

Extended Black Dragon Family: all CE, got tears shed for them.

If its in the comic and it's CE, it must be misunderstood by society and tears must be shed in sadness for it. After all, what's the worst thing the demon roaches have done? Insult someone? Yet still it was killed! O-Chul is a foul murderer and clearly the real Evil in the strip!

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-18, 06:54 PM
Demon Roaches are like Smurfs... theres only one female, but if she dies off they elect one of the males to take her place.

Double win. +1d4 cookies.

Linkavitch
2009-05-18, 07:00 PM
...that was kinda lame. Here I was, expecting some sort of thread like the ones that crop up every now and then that claim Belkar is Lawful Good.

Y'nokhs
2009-05-18, 08:12 PM
He killed one of the roaches! This is the most heinous act ever in the comic. I propose that O-Chul's alignment is really Chaotic Evil. More evil than Xykon.

He's also been associating with evil characters (albeit at spellpoint) for several months now. And now he's trying to defend an evil spellcaster. Plus I'm pretty sure he killed the acid-breathing shark. Since they are so rare, that's attempted genocide!

yanmaodao
2009-05-18, 08:38 PM
It would be highly amusing to see the reactions of the resident carebears if the Giant shows that the roach O-Chul killed was only a Young Demon Roach, who was innocently guarding the cage because his Ancient Demon Roach mother told him to while she was visiting her brother in another side of the castle.

How will they react when she comes for revenge and shows sorceror powers and righteously declares that she won't kill O-Chul, she'll just kill and soul bind his living relatives.

Always Chaotic Evil is meaningless remember? That could have been a Good or Neutral Young Demon Roach but the vileness of the Twelve Gods knows no bounds and they do not make their foul minions, the evil Paladins fall for slaughtering innocent Always Chaotic Evil creatures! O-Chul is clearly Evil incarnate!

It's a little too late for that particular Internet tough guy act. Those debates happened before #640 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0640.html), which definitively confirmed that slaughtering typically Evil creatures is, at least within the Stickverse, Evil.

Kalbron
2009-05-18, 09:01 PM
Which means O-Chul is "definitively"* Evil for killing an innocent demon roach that never hurt anyone, especially not him. If he isn't, then why not?

Oh and I guess you missed the last... 5 pages or so of the 653 thread if you're claiming said debate is over.

*Internet debates never prove anything just fyi. They're fun, they're infuriating, but at the end of the day barely anyone changes their viewpoint and as such it proves nothing other than people love discussing things with each other.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-05-18, 09:47 PM
No your wrong! Your post is so full of errors, I don't know where to begin.

First, the roaches are clearly evil. And killing anything evil is a good act in D&D.

Second, O-Chul is a paladin of Azure city. Therefore, he is Lawful Good. Therefore any act he does is Lawful Good unless the Twelve Gods decide otherwise. If that happened when he killed the roach then he would have turned grey and lost his paladin status. Since that did not hapeen, O-Chul's act must have been judged Lawful Good.

Third, O-Chul killed the roach for a greater good and a greater order, that is escaping unlawful and evil imprisonment and following his lawful duty to avenge his deceased Lord by killing Xykon which is also a good act by the way.

So their are at least three ways to prove you wrong.

Long live O-Chul and the paladins of Azure city!

JJ48
2009-05-18, 10:02 PM

I roll a Common Sense save versus your sarcasm!

(shakes the dice and rolls a 1)

Doggone it, I guess that means I believe you're being serious, and have to act as such. <sigh> Ok, here goes.

<AHEM>

Wow, you are (Choose one: totally awesome/a complete bonehead) for (revealing/falsely claiming) that O-Chul is Chaotic Evil! I (agree/disagree) with you completely, because he is OBVIOUSLY (CE/one of the other 8 possible alignments), as can be shown in strip number (pick any strip with O-Chul in it). I wish everyone would (rally to your banner and see the light/gut you and hang you with your own entrails).

Blue Ghost
2009-05-18, 10:07 PM
To be fair, did the demon roach really get killed? I don't see any Xs in its eyes. I think it was merely wounded in the unfortunate accident, and used its innate spell-like abilities to teleport away to the Abyss for healing and/or respawning.

krossbow
2009-05-18, 10:53 PM
Perhaps, but O-chul is so awesome he should fall straight into blackguard automatically, and gain all of the class features instantly mid battle.

chiasaur11
2009-05-18, 10:55 PM
Technically, as the paladin code is "What Would O-Chul Do?" it is physically impossible for O-Chul to fall.

jogiff
2009-05-18, 11:03 PM
...that was kinda lame. Here I was, expecting some sort of thread like the ones that crop up every now and then that claim Belkar is Lawful Good.

Seriously? Why do people even think they need to remind us that Belkar is Lawful Good?

JJ48
2009-05-18, 11:09 PM
Technically, as the paladin code is "What Would O-Chul Do?" it is physically impossible for O-Chul to fall.

So, O-Chul is the OotS universe's version of Chuck Norris?

"O-Chul must be Lawful Good, not because he's following the alignment, but because he DEFINES the alignment. If he kicks a puppy, kicking puppies must be a Lawful Good act, and NOT kicking them would be Chaotic Evil."

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-18, 11:15 PM

I guess it will be up to CG Belkar to show O'Chul the errors of his way, and maybe one day atone for his Chaotic Evilness... :smallwink:

I'm sure it was an accident. He was just trying to move it out of the way so he wouldn't accidentally step on it, but months of captivity have led to him loosing his finally honed demon roach relocation skills.

Optimystik
2009-05-18, 11:21 PM
Lol @ the posts to views ratio on this thread.

To be fair, did the demon roach really get killed? I don't see any Xs in its eyes. I think it was merely wounded in the unfortunate accident, and used its innate spell-like abilities to teleport away to the Abyss for healing and/or respawning.

It was "killed" (it vanished like slain demons do), but it won't be "dead" unless it is killed in the Abyss. And I doubt it used its SLA, both times we saw a demon do that (Sabine) there was a fiery portal visible.

I doubt it even has the ability to plane shift: SoD stated that the roaches get "trapped" in our world after being lured by the evil diner's kitchen.

Ridureyu
2009-05-20, 11:42 AM
NOW look at what he did! O-Chul hurt Redcloak, the paragon of goodness and righteousness!

He's definitely evil.

AkodoKoji
2009-05-20, 11:47 AM

"

There's a thread somewhere on these forums with O-chul facts. I'm surprised it hasnt been necro'ed with his recent awesomeness.

Dixieboy
2009-05-20, 02:56 PM

"O-Chul must be Lawful Good, not because he's following the alignment, but because he DEFINES the alignment. If he kicks a puppy, kicking puppies must be a Lawful Good act, and NOT kicking them would be Chaotic Evil."Nono, not inflicting physical harm upon the spawn of common household pets would be CE

There's still punching puppies (CG)
And kicking cats (LN)

Hydro Globus
2009-05-20, 06:41 PM
There's a thread somewhere on these forums with O-chul facts. I'm surprised it hasnt been necro'ed with his recent awesomeness.

It has. You failed your Spot check.

yanmaodao
2009-05-21, 01:54 PM
Which means O-Chul is "definitively"* Evil for killing an innocent demon roach that never hurt anyone, especially not him. If he isn't, then why not?

Because the roach was trying to alert Xykon and Redcloak to O-Chul's escape, and thus was actively trying to collaborate in O-Chul's continued imprisonment. The act could genuinely be said to be in self-defense. Unlike killing humanoid women and children as they run from your blade, or killing thousands of sentient creatures you've never seen as an act of (otherwise justified) vengeance against one individual, which is where I presume you're trying to stretch this weak analogy.

If you were trying to be funny, then congrats champ. It definitely doesn't seem so, given the petulant tone of your initial posts, but you could at least backtrack to that position within plausible deniability.

Oh and I guess you missed the last... 5 pages or so of the 653 thread if you're claiming said debate is over.

You mean more of the Internet debating you claim is worthless? (I'm not disagreeing that it is fyi. I'm not trying to change minds, it's just that heated debating can be fun once in a while. If I come across as disliking you or anyone else, well, that's just the mask that gets put on.) What about the morality of the OotS-verse as presented in the comic itself? Do you have a response to #640?

Badgercloak
2009-05-22, 10:50 PM
Blasphemy, Smite Sarcasm!!

The MunchKING
2009-05-22, 10:58 PM
Blasphemy, Smite Sarcasm!!

You can cast Blasphemy AND you have Smite Sarcasm as a power??

That makes you what? a 17th Level Cleric, 3rd Level Paladin? :smalleek:

multilis
2009-05-22, 11:04 PM
Sorry, this thread is too crazy! CE? Come on.

O-Chul is clearly *Lawful* Evil: he may have killed an innocent roach, but there are no laws against that. Civilizations actually tend to make laws to kill poor innocent cockroaches, termites, etc.

As to alerting X&R: Since we have already established that O-Chul is evil while X and R are of unknown alignment, you can't fault a poor innocent cockroach for *not* siding with O.

Pandabear
2009-05-25, 08:41 AM
o.0 *snicker* hahahahahahahahahaha! :smallbiggrin:

*dries tears* I'm pretty sure the roach needs quite some time to explain the folks up in Celestia why he got whacked by a CE paladin still capable of smiting evil after.. that'd explain the long time required for a banishment to end.. :smalltongue:

AstralStorm
2009-05-25, 10:00 AM
You can cast Blasphemy AND you have Smite Sarcasm as a power??

That makes you what? a 17th Level Cleric, 3rd Level Paladin? :smalleek:

More like a 17th level Cleric with Law and esp. Destruction domains. With a stick up his.

Ridureyu
2009-06-01, 07:53 PM
In today's comic, O-Chul is confirmed to have murdered a roach, AND he is guilty of theft, AND there is the possibility of cruelty to animals. Also, how do we know that he didn't make that hole in the wall himself during one of his wild graffiti benders?

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-01, 07:56 PM

Belkar threatened a roach whilst making stew. He is lawful evil.

Ridureyu
2009-06-02, 05:56 AM
No. Belkar is just as sweet and good and beautiful and innocent as Miko and Redcloak!

EmeraldPhoenix
2009-06-02, 07:45 PM
No. Belkar is just as sweet and good and beautiful and innocent as Miko and Redcloak!

Don't forget Kubota!

Morgan Wick
2009-06-02, 08:22 PM

One of those things is not like the others. Haley's Chaotic Good. Ish.

Ridureyu
2009-06-02, 09:20 PM
No. She is horribly evil, just like Roy.

Illven
2009-06-02, 09:27 PM
No. She is horribly evil, just like Roy.

She's Lawful Evil-ish