PDA

View Full Version : (Race)Troll (Discworld)

Emperor Demonking
2006-08-02, 07:51 AM
Trolls

Trolls are simple rocky creatures,that believe that times go backwards. *

Physical Description: Rocky skin often with lichen frowing on them, they are as heavy as a stone statue of the Trolls size, their size ranges from seven to nine feet. They have teeth made of diamand, which can only be removed after death.

Relations: Trolls do not get on with dwarves at all, before the event of thud! After that they are treated indifferent by almost all races. They are usually hired as muscle.

Alignment: Trolls alignment normally tend to be neutral, in at least one aspect, and are rarely lawful. *

Troll Lands: Troll lands are typically in cold spots where there brains work quicker. Normally in caves, the land are by human standards uncivil.

Religion: Trolls worship several troll gods, most of them having something to do with rocks..

Language: Trolls speak common and Troll.. *

Names: Trolls use rock type names, which **depend on the region they came from and the type of stone that is typically found there.

Troll stats.

*Giant. *
* +8 Strength –4 intelligence, -2 Dex: Trolls are beings of great strength but little intelligence.
*Large. *
* A Troll’s base land speed is 30 ft. *
* Brain: A troll gains plus 1 intelligence per 5 centigrade below zero up to +5
* +4 ac
*A troll turns to stone while exposed to sunlight.
* -2 when using diplomacy, bluff and a +2 on disguising yourself as another troll against races other than trolls. *
* Automatic Languages: Common, troll Bonus languages: Dwarf
* Favored Class: Barbarian
* Level Adjustment: +2

Troll cream
If spread on a troll it can go through daylight without a problem. It wares off after a day.
A troll using it does not turn into stone, when exposed to sun light.
Price: 10 gp per cup.

Thinking hat

This clockwork device takes up the head slot and gives a troll who use it a +2 intelligence bonus, when it is worn it can only gain +3 in int by being in a cold tempature.

Malik
2006-08-02, 09:02 AM
Trolls

Relations: Trolls do not get on with dwarves at all, before the event of thud! After that they are treated indifferent by almost all races. They are usually hired as muscle.

isnt that supposed to be koom valley? or the fight were both armies ambushed each other.

EDIT: and are you going to give them diamond teeth?

Names: Trolls use rock type names..
and maybe the rock names should depend on the region they came from and the type of stone that is typically found there. or is that too much like the genius Terry Pratchetts work?

Emperor Demonking
2006-08-02, 09:35 AM
After Koom valley, the Dwarves and Trolls, still hated each other.

I'm not giving them diamond teeth, as that is slightly too powerful.

Seraph
2006-08-02, 10:06 AM
I'm not giving them diamond teeth, as that is slightly too powerful.

. . . how?

Malik
2006-08-02, 10:27 AM
i am slightly interested in how diamond teeth make the troll any more powerful? what use do the diamond teeth provide?

Emperor Demonking
2006-08-02, 10:40 AM
Diamond teeth would provide the troll with a lot of money if it knocked a few out.

Malik
2006-08-02, 11:26 AM

so by that you mean the event in the kings cave?

Diamond teeth would provide the troll with a lot of money if it knocked a few out.

why would the troll knock its teeth out? unless it was extremely short on cash, and it would have to be desperate, the only troll i can remember knocking one of his own teeth out was cliff. you could always make it that the trolls can only have their teeth removed posthumously.

Gyrfalcon
2006-08-02, 04:17 PM
Troll cream... never seen that trolls need this at all in Diskworld. They sleep during the daytime in the mountains so they can operate in the cooler night. However in all of the books, none of the trolls in Ankh-Morpork have any problems operating during the daytime.

Malik
2006-08-03, 08:01 AM
Troll cream... never seen that trolls need this at all in Diskworld. They sleep during the daytime in the mountains so they can operate in the cooler night. However in all of the books, none of the trolls in Ankh-Morpork have any problems operating during the daytime.

I noticed that myself. maybe you could create a helmet like detritus wears with a cooling fan on it to make them think quicker

kailin
2006-08-05, 03:20 PM
DR 10/Adamantine is superb damage reduction. Superb. He will shrug off every attack before 10th level, and a great many afterwards. You should reduce it to 5/magic or 2/adamantine if you want to keep him LA +2. Better yet, lose the DR and give him +4 natural armor.

Also, providing an uncapped bonus to intelligence is asking for stupid player tricks. I cast control weather and gain +4 Int. I cast chill metal on his helmet and make him a super-genius for the next 6 rounds. And do you really want to have to constantly calculate the temperature in chilly locales? Lose it. You might give him a +2 bonus to all knowledge checks for an hour after spending an hour in sub-zero temperatures.

I still think he's too powerful for an LA+2, especially since his main drawback can be overcome with a 10gp bottle of troll cream. Give him an extra -2 to Dex, and maybe it'll balance.