PDA

View Full Version : Since my base classes Fail im making a prestige class, The Libertine (3.5, NSFW)

Stormthorn
2009-05-18, 09:11 PM
"What good is life if I don’t enjoy it a little"

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/jack_rippers_soul/anime/girls/multicolor%20hair/androgynous_raver.jpg
A Modern-Day Libertine, exhibiting the characteristic exotic fashion and lack of self-restraint.

Libertine

Prerequisites:
Perform 8 ranks
Bluff 6 ranks
Non-lawful
BaB: As Cleric
Saves: Will-poor, Reflex-poor, Fortitude-good
HD: d8
Skills Per Level: [4 + Int Bonus]
Class Skills: Bluff, Perform, Sense Motive, Use Rope, Diplomacy, Craft (Alcohol, Sex Toy), Intimidate, Disguise, Gather Information, Swim, Concentration, Profession, Search, Ride (if you know what I mean).

Libertines are Preficient with all simple weapons and no armor.

Ability Progression:
1. Entertainment, Immunity by Excess, Spells
2. The Lying Game
3. Sex Machine, Great Performer
4. Life of the Party +1, Silver Tongued Devil
5. Great Performer, Hunting for Love
6. Bulk Discount
7. Great Performer, Pimps and Madams
8. Life of the Party +2, Golden Tongued Devil
9. Great performer, Pain and Pleasure
10. Avatar of Carnality, Voice of Desire

Spells: Libertines gain and cast spells witht he progression of an Assassin. Their spells are Arcane in nature and their spellcasting ability is Charisma. The spoiler below contains their spell list.

0- Daze, Summon Instrument, Detect Poison, Purify Food/Drink, Dancing Light, Flare, Mage Hand, Prestigiditation
1- Sleep, Remove Fear, Ventriloquism, Unseen Servant, Goodberry, Cause Fear, Charm Person, Floating Disk, Hypnotic Command
2- Faerie Fire, Confusion (lesser), Minor Image, Scare, Spectral Hand, Eagles Splendor, Calm Emotions, Hypnotic Pattern, Hold Person, Enthrall, Hideous Laughter, Glibness
3- Major Image, Tiny Hut, Discenr Lies, Charm Monster, Imbue With Spell Ability (only Enchantment spells), Geas (lesser), Invisibility Purge, Magic Vestment, Create food/water, Pyrotechnics, Crushing Dispair
4- Fear, Searing Light, Bestow Curse, Hold Monster, Dominate Person, Secure Shelter, Rainbow Pattern, Poison, Modify Memory, COnfusion, Fire Shield, Suggestion (Mass), Secret Chest.

Entertainment: The Libertine may perform Bardic Music as a bard whose class level is equal to that of the Libertine levels. He has a limited selection of bardic music abilities however and they are: Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +1, and Inspire Competence.

Immunity by Excess (Ex): Long-term exposure to drugs, alcohol, and venereal diseases has rendered the Libertine immune to all non-magical diseases and poisons and to withdrawal effects for drugs.

The Lying Game (Ex): A Libertine gets a +4 competence bonus to all Bluff and Sense Motive rolls and a +2 competence bonus to all diplomacy checks.

Sex Machine (Ex): The Libertine of at least level 3 receives a +2 bonus to all skill checks made during a sex act (if the game uses skills for sex acts) and is resistant to fatigue. Any fatigue effect fails and any ability or spell that inflicts Exhaustion will instead only cause Fatigue (which, btw, does not fail).

Great Performer (Ex): At level 3, 5, 7, and 9 a Libertine receives a +2 skill bonus to a perform skill of his choice.

Silver Tongued Devil (Ex): The Libertine knows how to show others a good time and toy with their emotions. Once per day per class level she may as a swift action cast Charm Person, Cause Fear, or Hideous Laughter as an extraordinary ability. These spells are cast as if by a 4th level sorcerer.
Golden Tongued Devil (Ex): At level 8 the caster level of the Silver Tongued Devil spells raises from 4th to 8th and the Libertine can cast an additional number of time per day equal to twice his/her charisma bonus.

Life of the Party (Ex): At fourth level a Libertine receives a permanent +1 increase to his or her Charisma and Constitution scores. They receive a second increase at level eight.

Hunting for Love (Ex): The Libertine, upon receiving this ability, designates a gender (male or female) and a sexual orientation. She receives a +4 competency bonus when making skill checks involving humanoid fitting that profile. In addition, she receives a +2 bonus to hit and a +2 bonus to AC when in combat with those individuals.

Bulk Discount (Ex): A Libertine of at least level 6 may always buy drugs, alcohol, and love potions at their minimum base price.

Pimps and Madams (Ex): Libertines with this ability gain a number of followers equal to 1 + their charisma bonus. If one of these followers dies then another one can always be found with a week of searching with no chance of failure as long as the Libertine is on a plane containing a population of native humanoids. These followers are all level 2 (for LA 0 races) or level 1(for LA +1 races) Expert npc’s with maximum skill points in Profession (Prostitute) and the feat Skill Focus (Prostitute). They follow the Libertine around and ply their trade when in populated areas or when following camps. Half of their earnings are awarded to the Libertine.

Pain and Pleasure (Ex): At level 9 a libertine has come to understand how these two forces are intrinsically linked and knows how to exploit that link. She receives a +2 bonus to damage with any weapon and unarmed attacks and has a damage reduction of 4/-.

Voice of Desire (Ex): The level at which he casts his Silver Tongued Devil spells is raised to that of an 10th level sorcerer. He may also cast Suggestion 8/day as a 12th level caster.

Avatar of Carnality (Ex): A tenth level Libertine has reached levels of indulgence beyond that of a mere mortal. He becomes a Native Outsider and has a permanent Undetectable Alignment (as the spell). His Charisma score is raised by two. In addition, the Libertine receives +1 bonus to attack, damage, and all saves for six hours after engaging in a sex act during which both partners (or any two participants in group sex) reach orgasm.

In Spoiler- A high level Libertine becomes an Outsider. Here one such being shows off a riot of color and excess.

http://media.santabanta.com/gal/rio/rio%20carnival%2020047.jpg

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-18, 09:15 PM
I'd just like to comment: :smallconfused:

Stormthorn
2009-05-18, 09:23 PM
I think the only possible response to that would be-- :smallamused:

If Being Good (paladin) and Obsessing Over Large Reptiles (Dragon Disciple) are valid things to base a class on then i think Partying Like A Maniac is too.

Besides, its a great way to improve your bard with some extra music and bonuses to BaB.

Bobmufin52
2009-05-19, 11:59 PM
o_O This is both awesome and kinda terrifying at the same time. I have to say, I love the idea, and the abilities really catch the idea of the class. The only real problem I have with the class is that there's no table, but that's really just the nitpicks of all nitpicks. Good job!

Devils_Advocate
2009-05-20, 01:02 AM
If Being Good (paladin) and Obsessing Over Large Reptiles (Dragon Disciple) are valid things to base a class on then i think Partying Like A Maniac is too.
Don't forget the PrC that lets you rebuke hippos!

I don't see skill points per level. That's sorta important. Well, in the event that anyone uses this.

Why not just have the caster level for all the spell-like-abilities equal the Libertine level?

Can those +2 bonuses all be to the same Perform skill? Is "skill" supposed to be a bonus type?

Unless you restrict this PrC to humanoids, that restriction in Hunting for Love becomes very weird.

point sin Profession (Prostitute)
... I just thought this typo was funny.

Stormthorn
2009-05-26, 06:12 PM
Don't forget the PrC that lets you rebuke hippos!

I don't see skill points per level. That's sorta important. Well, in the event that anyone uses this.

Why not just have the caster level for all the spell-like-abilities equal the Libertine level?
Edit: Its because the Voice of Desire one doesnt fully sink with class levels so its easier just to make steps than to make a rule and then break it.

Can those +2 bonuses all be to the same Perform skill? Is "skill" supposed to be a bonus type?

Unless you restrict this PrC to humanoids, that restriction in Hunting for Love becomes very weird.

... I just thought this typo was funny.

Wait...ok...need skill value. What do you htink it should be?

Hmm...all of them...eh? Need more thought on this.

Yes. Same or different skill. I was trying to word it to allow that without pushing the reader towards that conclusion.

When i said humanoid i ment: being like a human (Humanoids, Fey, Monsterous Humans, Some Outsiders, Some Undead, ect.). I dont really see any Aboleths taking this class.

Wait...REBUKE HIPPOS?!

SilverClawShift
2009-05-26, 06:27 PM
The Marquis de Sade as a prestige class?

I love it.

As a base class it'd be even better :smallamused:

Zeta Kai
2009-05-26, 06:44 PM
Prerequisites:
Perform 9 ranks
Bluff 6 ranks
Constitution of at least 12
Charisma of at least 12
Non-lawful

Ability scores make bad prerequisites for prestige classes. A PrC class is something that you can aspire to during the course of the game, it shouldn't be something that you have to plan out from before CharGen. I know that both are rather lax requirements, but 2 above-average scores is asking too much.

SilverClawShift
2009-05-26, 06:58 PM
On further analysis, I think this is a really great first draft for something, but that it has a weak point as it stands.

The class is too focused on manifesting its own concept through the rules, and not how that concept can integrate into a party at large. It has no real role other than party-face, which is fine in a sense, but it'd be a much more powerful delivery if the class could slink a little further into a pre-existing player archetype.

A few more rogue skills, something they can do to manipulate the battlefield in some sense (like a Sirens call), and this class would be golden.

Still, like it a lot.

Stormthorn
2009-05-26, 08:43 PM
Ok. So lose the Ability minimums.

What if i gave it Bard spell progression from its own list (like Assassins have) in addition to its bonuses and Tongue powers?

If you can show me the code for the table for a ten level class complete with bard magic then i will organize the class into a table.

Then to balance out the spells i can lower its Skill points. They woul dprobably be too busy with...other stuff...to care about skills anyway.

Kylarra
2009-05-26, 09:57 PM
A nitpick for the descriptions, pick a gender and stick with it. Don't alternate between the masculine and feminine.

Lappy9000
2009-05-26, 10:28 PM
Don't forget the PrC that lets you rebuke hippos!Hi-Five of Tem-Et-Nu! *Hi-Fives*

Shinizak
2009-05-26, 10:56 PM
Just to let you know, I would go on a personal crusade to actively KILL any and all players who even THOUGHT of seriously using this class in a game.

SilverClawShift
2009-05-26, 11:13 PM
Just to let you know

Just to let you know, I wound find a new table if my DM killed me for basing a character on the marquis de sade :smallwink:

strawberryman
2009-05-26, 11:56 PM
Just to let you know, I wound find a new table if my DM killed me for basing a character on the marquis de sade :smallwink:

I would have to agree. :P
I mean, sure, I honestly wouldn't use it seriously, but I wouldn't stop any of my players from doing so, it's their choice.

Stormthorn
2009-05-27, 12:22 AM
A nitpick for the descriptions, pick a gender and stick with it. Don't alternate between the masculine and feminine.

I do that intentionaly because it feels sexist to just be one gender unless thats a class feature.

I mean, sure, I honestly wouldn't use it seriously, but I wouldn't stop any of my players from doing so, it's their choice.

It CAN be used seriously. Im working on a Bard 6/ Rogue 6/ Libertine 4 to use as a villain. He has a 30+ bonus to diplomacy and 23 Charisma. The party will be all like "This guy is so sexy and nice." And he will be all like "Kiss me! *sneak attack with human bane ghost touch dagger*" And the party will be like "Ahhh! Hes evil!!! Get him!" And he will be like "My Leadership feat gives me 91 followers!"

He can charm as a swift action to bring neutral NPCs in on his side. And he has Bluff and Sense Motive bonuses so he will always get the drop on someone. If i give the class progression in controling and dazzling type spells he can act as crowd control while other people tear it up for him.

AzazelSephiroth
2009-05-27, 09:07 PM
I like the concept.
Suggestion 1- change the BAB to that of the bard/rogue
Suggestion 2- Spells like that of the Bard or maybe Assassin.
Suggestion 3- Don't let the player do too much damage to the other players :smallwink:
All in all I think the class is a great one for flavor and Role-playing. However it is a little hard to take seriously. lol

Devils_Advocate
2009-05-28, 12:39 AM
I do that intentionaly because it feels sexist to just be one gender unless thats a class feature.
Well, consistently using one pronoun for a given class is the standard that the Player's Handbook uses, I believe. Even though it's really being used to refer to all wizards, "the wizard" is used as though it refers to a single individual -- Mialee, as it happens.

I suggest conceptualizing an iconic Libertine and assigning it a gender. I'd go with male, to sort of balance out most oversexed D&D characters being female.*

*I'm guessing, here, but it's an educated guess.

Weimann
2009-05-28, 10:02 AM
I think it's a worked through class, in one way. The features really fit with what you are trying to achieve.

But, there's a stat buff that's activated by mutual orgasm. Now, I really like the idea, it fits with the character class, but how would it be used. Imagine preparing for a battle. Anyone not of this class would want to save their powers for fighting, not to sleep around, in preparation for a fight. Also, in order to ensure that the buff will be up when facing any surprise encounters, you'd effectively have to get down at least twice, possible more, every day.

That could pose problems, particularly in "uptight" groups (be they players or characters).

But, yeah. It's a neat, well-themed class. If you can find a group that it fits in, it could be loads of fun playing.

I can't comment on balance or similar.

Stormthorn
2009-05-28, 10:15 AM
I think it's a worked through class, in one way. The features really fit with what you are trying to achieve.

But, there's a stat buff that's activated by mutual orgasm. Now, I really like the idea, it fits with the character class, but how would it be used. Imagine preparing for a battle. Anyone not of this class would want to save their powers for fighting, not to sleep around, in preparation for a fight. Also, in order to ensure that the buff will be up when facing any surprise encounters, you'd effectively have to get down at least twice, possible more, every day.

That could pose problems, particularly in "uptight" groups (be they players or characters).

But, yeah. It's a neat, well-themed class. If you can find a group that it fits in, it could be loads of fun playing.

I was thinking that humor was needed when i wrote that ability. If someone is paranoid enough to want a 24 hour buff they would constantly be telling the GM "Ok, i find someone and make a Diplomacy roll to sleep with them."

OK, so i HAVE their spell list written, but i stoll dont have a code to make a table with assassin progression spells per day / spells known.

Willfor
2009-05-28, 10:15 AM

It would make night attacks against a Libertine less advantageous though. :smallwink:

Weimann
2009-05-28, 10:23 AM
Point, I suppose you don't have to pack the buff all the time ^^

What I see in this is mostly some seriously different RP opportunities, and not JUST the obvious.

The party drive works will with a curious, light-headed character who doesn't think to far, is full of energy and no with no sense of self-preservation or attention span.

The more I think about it, the more I like it in fact :P

Stormthorn
2009-05-29, 01:25 AM
Boom! Posted their spell list and lowered their BaB to 3/4 HD to help offset the spells.

Heliomance
2009-05-29, 06:18 AM

But, there's a stat buff that's activated by mutual orgasm. Now, I really like the idea, it fits with the character class, but how would it be used.

Power Word: Orgasm. 'Nuff said.

Stormthorn
2009-05-29, 11:25 PM
Power Word: Orgasm. 'Nuff said.

Hmmm...

Also, it doesnt have to be a mutual orgasm. Its just that at least two participants have to orgasm during the act at some point.

Symbol of Orgasm?