PDA

View Full Version : Synergy Bonus

MisterSaturnine
2009-05-19, 01:33 AM
So, I'm leafing through the MIC and I notice (as I always do) the synergy tag under a bunch of different item properties.

I looked through the book, and I still am not sure how it works. Would greater blurring give a +3 cost (as blurring is +1 and greater is +2)? Or would it just be the +2 of greater blurring?

RTGoodman
2009-05-19, 01:45 AM
Sorta the first - you have to already have the lesser properties before you can have the others, but they both still work on your weapon. (A +1 corrosive acidic burst longsword, for instance.) It's in the intro to each section:

Weapon Subtypes: Some weapon entries have a subtype, either "synergy" or "relic," brackets following the entry's name. A synergy item has a synergy prerequisite, typically an existing special property already imbued into the weapon to be enhanced.

MisterSaturnine
2009-05-19, 01:59 AM
I see. So greater blurring would be an effective +3, as you would need the blurring enchantment prior?

Hurm. Of course, in this case, you don't benefit from the prior, as it's an improvement, but your example makes sense in that regard.

Thanks, rtg!

Curmudgeon
2009-05-19, 03:40 AM
There's a detailed section on SYNERGY PROPERTIES starting on page 224.

Draz74
2009-05-19, 01:21 PM
I see. So greater blurring would be an effective +3, as you would need the blurring enchantment prior?

Yes.

It's still actually a pretty worthwhile purchase, at least for stealthy characters who want to have Concealment in order to Hide at all times.

MisterSaturnine
2009-05-19, 03:10 PM
Yes.

It's still actually a pretty worthwhile purchase, at least for stealthy characters who want to have Concealment in order to Hide at all times.

Oh, definitely. Besides the fact that having concealment (such as the concealment given by blurring) is oftentimes a much better investment than pumping armor class, and having it all the time is pretty damn spiffy. I just wanted to figure out exactly how much the awesome would set me back.

Thanks for all your help!