PDA

View Full Version : V is Saved!

Raenir Salazar
2009-05-19, 01:34 AM
O-Chul can now distract Xykon so V can escape! If needd a quick heal or a Lay on Hands witha restoration can restore V to evoking ass kicking self, only problem is the lack of teleportation spells but V hopefully can meet up witht he resistance.

Ave
2009-05-19, 01:37 AM
O-Chul can now distract Xykon so V can escape! If needd a quick heal or a Lay on Hands witha restoration can restore V to evoking ass kicking self, only problem is the lack of teleportation spells but V hopefully can meet up witht he resistance.

O-chul did more than any of the stick. He and Miko are so much different.
But V has no chance, unless O-chul truly succeed in turning the MitD to the good side.

Cracklord
2009-05-19, 03:03 AM
Or O-Chul's consant exposure to really intensely dangerous situations has both hardened him and given him the Xp to hit epic levels.

Twilight Jack
2009-05-19, 03:09 AM
Or O-Chul's consant exposure to really intensely dangerous situations has both hardened him and given him the Xp to hit epic levels.

Which is not nearly as ridiculous as it might sound, given the tiny sample of O-Chul's time in captivity to which we have been privy.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-19, 03:32 AM

Maybe, though I'd think O'Chul's main priority will be trying to do away with someone (not Xykon, Redcloak is my bet) before trying to do anything for V.

I'm thinking it might still give V the chance to escape or be nabbed out by the IFCC. There doesn't seem much point to him joining the resistance.

Killer Angel
2009-05-19, 04:51 AM
But V has no chance, unless O-chul truly succeed in turning the MitD to the good side.

well, this is what many playgrounders seem to think. MitD, seeing is true friend O-Chul in death danger, will break his "chains", and will help (or avenge?) him.

the_tick_rules
2009-05-19, 10:15 AM
I'm not expecting it. But I am seeing it as possible. MITD is by no means loyal to team evil's goal.

Dr. Cthulwho
2009-05-19, 10:44 AM
I'm not expecting it. But I am seeing it as possible. MITD is by no means loyal to team evil's goal.

That's true, though I wonder about this moment being the right moment as well. If the MitD did break irreconcilably from Team Evil at the moment what would it go on to do? Its a bit like how it was unlikely V would destroy Redcloak/Xykon because then the plot would stop with no villains.

It doesn't really have its own goals or character direction at the moment (beyond eventually getting revealed and now deciding who it wants to be) in the strip independent of Team Evil.

So while it might help O-Chul, directly or indirectly I still think it will be with Team Evil for a bit longer, until its (possible) turn to the light side occurs at a truly critical moment.

Lissibith
2009-05-19, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I don't know that MitD has to even completely turn "good" to change the fight. I think if he even showed signs of coming out of that cage because he was unhappy about what's happening to O'Chul, that might divert both RC and Xykon's attention enough to change the fight

Murphoid
2009-05-19, 11:11 AM

That is if she wants to be saved. This time she actually had ultimate arcane power and she still lost. She might just realize the thing that she left her family for, and rented out her sould for, just isn't what she thought it would be.

She got smushed by a rock, how much more could she be humiliated.

Raenir Salazar
2009-05-19, 11:41 AM
But she still has alot to live for, her friends, Elves do not forsake friends easily, and revenge against Xykon is still possible.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-19, 11:58 AM
I think O-Chul will help the resistance and lead an uprising of slaves against the villains. I don't think V will be joining the resistance, though. He finds the Azurites tedious and would be uninterested in working against Xykon with a bunch of low-level non-magic users. I do hope he escapes and gets some rest, though. :smallsigh: