PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if- (No1.)

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-19, 10:27 AM
You knew you were going to die tomorrow?

I'd gather my loved ones for a Q&A session where they could get the whole truth as far as I perceived it.

Anuan
2009-05-19, 10:41 AM
Get baptised.
Pray.Tell someone exactly how I feel about them.
Edit: Throw paint on random people at school :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-19, 10:42 AM
I'd spend the day saying goodbye to all of my online friends while going to a really nice restaurant for dinner.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-05-19, 11:02 AM
Say goodbye to all my online friends.

Do a lot, a lot and a lot of illegal stuff.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-19, 11:07 AM
Divide my money up among my friends and family, say goodbye to everyone, burn down my high school.

Darius Midnite
2009-05-19, 11:13 AM
Finish my testament, spend my time with those I love. Do an unforgivable lot of *censored*, then off myself and die on my own terms, carried away by a dream.

OverdrivePrime
2009-05-19, 11:29 AM
Call up everyone and say thanks, make sure all my legal stuff is taken care of, and then spend the time I've got left camped out on the shore of Lake Michigan with my wife. Probably be a good idea to keep far out of earshot in the meantime. :smallamused:

GrandMasterMe
2009-05-19, 12:20 PM
Pack as much "heat" as possible and go to a crowded mall in an attempt to take as many people with me as I could...then kill myself today to flaunt fate with my escaping its dire predictions :)

H. Zee
2009-05-19, 01:06 PM
Spend the entire day sat indoors, in the dark, writing a novella at a manic pace. My last action would be to send it to 20 different publishers and then go meet with everyone I care about for one final hour.

Lost Demiurge
2009-05-19, 01:08 PM
Take the day off from work, spend time with my wife, and make plans to eat out at a good restaraunt on the next evening. I don't believe in fate, and nothing's ever 100% certain.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-05-19, 01:17 PM
Pack as much "heat" as possible and go to a crowded mall in an attempt to take as many people with me as I could...then kill myself today to flaunt fate with my escaping its dire predictions :)

Not to argue with you, but I'm curious - why would you hypothetically choose this? Are you talking about taking out people who did you wrong during your life, or just random strangers shopping in the mall? Assuming it's just random strangers, is it because you're angry about having to die today (or you're already angry at the world in general) and you see this as "getting even?" Or would it just be for an adrenaline rush you might get from taking out people?

DISCLAIMER: If you're at all seriously thinking of doing this someday, please let somebody know you're having these thoughts, and also please DON'T DO IT - for one thing, I might be one of those random mall shoppers!

DrizztFan24
2009-05-19, 01:29 PM
for one thing, I might be one of those random mall shoppers!

and for one other thing, I might the the other mall shopper!

I'd be out giving money to people, trying to make their lives better. I beleive there is no death bed repentence so I'd just go be a good guy. I'd be happy doing that and so it would be. And I suppose make a will. If I knew the exact time of death, I would spend it at an old park with nobody around and just remember the good times. Sing to myself. And leave this world with a smile on my face.

Phae Nymna
2009-05-19, 01:45 PM
1. Watch Dr. Horrible
2. Watch Interview with the Vampire
3. Watch Rocky Horror
4. Grab my crush
5. Make sweet music

rayne_dragon
2009-05-19, 05:03 PM
1. Say goodbye to everyone
2. Try to find someone I'd want to spend my last day with
3. With or without them go do everything I'd enjoy: Go see the science center and/or AGO, walk through a forested park, make sweet on a boat (if they were willing) and spend the night on the beach waiting for the sun to rise
4. Possibly take a few sleeping pills so I hopefully don't feel anything when I die if I suspect it will be painful

GrandMasterMe
2009-05-19, 06:07 PM
Not to argue with you, but I'm curious - why would you hypothetically choose this? Are you talking about taking out people who did you wrong during your life, or just random strangers shopping in the mall?

Choose this? I'd go out with a bang wouldn't I? Who's going to die? I think every third random stranger and ALL small children. It will no doubt be spoken of for 100's of years...I may have to bring in some bodys that I killed outside of the mall so it looks worse though.....havn't decided yet.

Collin152
2009-05-19, 06:08 PM
If I'm dying tomorrow, I can't die today, right?
So what do I do?
Whatever the Hell I want to. Mass murders and raping? Sure, why not? Crimefighting display of magnamimity? Absolutely! Alternating between extreme villany and heroics? Maybe. Jump off a building just to prove I can? Well, I might just end up horribly injured and die the next day.

So I'd probably just end up rapingsettling my affairs.

Mr. Mud
2009-05-19, 06:09 PM
Hmm... Probably say sorry. Too many times to too many people for too many things, I'm afraid :smallfrown:.

Colin: I'm not sure dying tomorrow guarantees you wouldn't die today... You just die no matter what the next day... But yeah! Let's murder men and rape their women and children! I think... :smalltongue:.

GrandMasterMe
2009-05-19, 06:12 PM
If I'm dying tomorrow, I can't die today, right?
So what do I do?
Whatever the Hell I want to. Mass murders and raping? Sure, why not? Crimefighting display of magnamimity? Absolutely! Alternating between extreme villany and heroics? Maybe. Jump off a building just to prove I can? Well, I might just end up horribly injured and die the next day.

So I'd probably just end up rapingsettling my affairs.

I Like it! Much to my kind of thinking, you good sir deserve a cookie...and I made you one!! but...I ate it..sorry

Phase
2009-05-19, 06:15 PM
Go out in an amazing spectacle! Tie my feet to a giant ballon, spend the day doing what I want, then, when I die, I fly out over the world and pop in a massive explosion in the stratosphere!

Dihan
2009-05-19, 06:22 PM
I'd go about my life as normal then, before my time is up, I'd go into the mountains where it's quiet and die peacefully. I'm not one for fuss.

SilentNight
2009-05-19, 06:27 PM
First I would eat a donut for breakfast, always good. Then I would construct a playlist on my ipod consisting of all my favorite songs, with a healthy dose of reggae, to listen to throughout the day. Talk to all my friends and love ones, resolve anything unanswered, clean up all my affairs, divide my earthly possessions, steal a kiss from my crush, spend the day with my friends, ride my bike very very fast and read with a cat in my lap. As the sun sets, turn up the music and close my eyes. The end.

The only thing I find funny about theses scenarios is the nagging though "what if you didn't die?" :smalltongue:

Szilard
2009-05-19, 06:50 PM
I know nothing is certain, except that I know nothing, also death and taxes, and something else.:smalltongue:

I'd go crazy, hope god exists, and have fun.:smalltongue:

The_JJ
2009-05-19, 06:58 PM
Not off myself for one. Effing self fuffiling prophets.

Probably grab Reaper Man, read it, grab Small Gods, read it, then go hug a cat, then go somewhere with a nice view and start hiking. I intend to go out looking at an awesome sun setting over the Rockies.

Copacetic
2009-05-19, 07:02 PM
What would I do?

C4.

That's what.

Partof1
2009-05-19, 08:10 PM
Charge my iPod, explain my situation to those close to me, then do everything in my power to not die. What I've learned in my life is that nothing is certain, and my buds aren't lettin me die.

Flame of Anor
2009-05-19, 08:24 PM
Choose this? I'd go out with a bang wouldn't I? Who's going to die? I think every third random stranger and ALL small children. It will no doubt be spoken of for 100's of years...I may have to bring in some bodys that I killed outside of the mall so it looks worse though.....havn't decided yet.

Remind me to kill you yesterday.

MethosH
2009-05-19, 08:36 PM
2 words... Killer Dozer

Mr. Mud
2009-05-19, 08:46 PM
2 words... Killer Dozer

Kill Dozing into Mt.Killimanjaro? :smalltongue:.

SurlySeraph
2009-05-19, 09:21 PM
Give away all my possessions to the poor. Then try to find good deeds I could do. Then pray, if I ran out of other things to do.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-19, 09:30 PM
:smallconfused:

There are a few odd responses in this thread, as well as several touching ones.

MethosH
2009-05-19, 09:47 PM
:smallconfused:

There are a few odd responses in this thread, as well as several touching ones.

Well... Life IS odd.

Kill Dozing into Mt.Killimanjaro? :smalltongue:

Thats an idea... but still...
Killer Dozer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw)

thubby
2009-05-19, 09:58 PM
go skydiving, and scuba diving if that wouldn't cause some immediate problem. in between i would listen to dante's inferno, or maybe the illiad on tape while doing other things like spending time with my family.

Extra_Crispy
2009-05-20, 01:08 AM
Lets see, settle my affairs, give my stuff to my family and friends, sit and talk with my parents for a long time, as they will probably be having a hard time with it. Spend time with my girlfriend, telling her how I feel but making sure she is ok with it and will live a happy life. Then check into the hospital and get prepared so that they my take any organs that they can use to save someone elses life. If I have to die I am going to help as many others live, or live a better life as I can.

MrEdwardNigma
2009-05-20, 03:06 PM
You knew you were going to die tomorrow?

I'd beat fate to the punch and kill myself. Spectacularly.

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-20, 03:10 PM
Get married.

Why the hell not? There was that 11-year old kid who died from cancer who married his elementary-school sweetheart in his last day.

Also get enough women to have sex with so at least one of them gets pregnant.

Randel
2009-05-21, 12:26 AM
News Reporter:
"Today, we have witnessed one of the most violent, tragic and ironic massacres in recorded history.

While the exact details have yet to be delivered, it appears that over two thousand, four hundred and thirty five people had recently received prophesies telling them that they would die before tomorrow morning. These people, in turn, seem to have all independently decided to load up on shotguns and high explosives in order to go on a rampage and take down as many others as they could.

Then, they all decided to go to the same crowded mall in the attempt to take out as many innocent bystanders as possible. The results were horrific."

Security Guard:
"As you can see from this footage from the security cameras, these guys ment serious business and they all came packing. But apparently none of them had met up before the attack to coordinate anything. I can see that about twenty of these guys had tried doing some kind of wall-running matrix thing over here by the sporting goods... and got toasted by this fellow with the home-made flamethrower. And thats not even getting into all the guys who brought chainsaws."

Mother with two kids:
"I'm just happy that nobody innocent was hurt. Its scary to think what would have happened if my family had gone to the mall that day, we had to keep going because the mall parking lot was packed to maximum capacity."

News Reporter:
"Indeed, this story is truly one for the books, people. The true irony is that today was actually the busiest day that Sunnydale Mall has had in over twenty years! In fact, business has been so slow over the years that the owners had the mall set for demolition today and were going to build a haunted orphanage... which will probably get torn down build a mini-mall in its place. Damm, we're stupid."

Demolition Man:
"Hey! Is everybody clear for that place?"

Gunman in the Malls Food Court:
"No!"

Demolition Man:
"Aw, who care. I'm gonna be dead by tomorrow." *hits the button and the mall blows up with the rest of the gunmen inside it* "Better head home and spend some time with the wife." *drops the detonator and walks off*

----

As for me? I'd make sure my life insurance was all set and eat at at least one fine restaurant while I could. I wouldn't go out of my way to kill myself... no need to make it easy on these prophesy types.

Canadian
2009-05-21, 02:09 PM
Limitless consequence free unprotected HOO HAH with the hottest women in a 100 mile radius right until the stroke of midnight or until my body parts fall off.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-21, 02:17 PM
Randel: XD That would be the best news report ever.

Felixaar
2009-05-22, 12:44 AM
I'd get on a plane - probably one going a long, long way. I'm not sure where too. I'd bring my laptop and a bunch of spare batteries and write. I'd get to wherever I was going, maybe see someone, and then watch the sun go down from a hilltop.

23minds
2009-05-25, 12:36 AM
Car jousting.

Elm11
2009-05-25, 06:34 AM
For a start, i'd confess to my local priest, and pray for Gods forgiviness. Then i would make a last will and testement, before mailing my girl-friend a necklass and statue i bought for her in Europe. After that, i would apologise to all my teachers for any trouble i caused them during school, farewell my friends and hug my dog goodbye. then i'd go with my dogs and my family up to the top of a beuitiful hill that is near our house, and sit in sadness, fear, and hopefully comfort as i watched the sun set over the lake and the city.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-05-25, 06:39 AM
Car jousting.

Ooh, nice. Sign me up. That and climbing tall buildings. Scary stuff that I would normally get in trouble for / possibly hurt myself badly.

Innis Cabal
2009-05-25, 06:40 AM
Rob a bank....give the money to someone who really needed it....put a gun in my mouth and end it on my terms. Screw you death