PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Elf

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-03, 10:32 PM
Oh Gods... I feel like banging my head against the wall for making more elves, but I had a great idea... and it can substitute the regular elf, so its not all bad.

Elf
Same as the standard PHB elf with the following exceptions. All listed things replace standard elf abilities and skills.
-+2 Charisma +2 Wisdom -2 Strength. Elves are friendly and have much common sense, but lack physical power.
-+4 to Bluff and Sense Motive checks. Elves are extremely good liars and can root out liars just as well.
-Favored Class: Bard

Eswyther
2006-08-03, 10:51 PM
Huh, That would be a good alternate for those elf-lovers who still want to be bards.

Interesting part about elves being good liars, usually elves are the goody-people who don't/can't lie....

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-04, 01:06 AM
Yeah, the focus is basically to interact with people instead of use magic. Goodbye gnomes, Hello nurse! elves.

TheThan
2006-08-04, 02:14 AM
I made these elves a while back,

Elf variant (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11540998 57;start=0)

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-04, 02:15 AM
Erm, they're pretty different from these, and I became a member in March.

EDIT: @V ;D thog luv self promotion

TheThan
2006-08-04, 02:38 AM
I'm aware of that,I'm aware of that, I just never pass up an opportunity to promote my own work ;D

Seriously your variant is nice, I’d use it if I had the chance.
i just never pass up an opprotunity to

Matthew
2006-08-04, 11:02 PM
I always thought Elves should just be:

Strength +1
Dexterity +1
Constitution +1
Intelligence +1
Wisdom +1
Charisma +1

[Meaning they, on average, have every stat at 12 or +1]

Plus all the usual stuff...

... or at least they should be if they're Lord of Rings type Elves. As far as I can tell, they're just 'better' than Men.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-04, 11:05 PM
As far as I can tell, they're just 'better' than Men.

Thats how I like my elves, too. Ignorant, proud, old, powerful. However, I dont like the idea of a LA elf.

Matthew
2006-08-05, 01:24 AM
And yet that's how it should be...

How about this, then: Replace the Proficiency with Rapier (!?) with Proficiency with Short Sword, or at least the option to... Elves with rapiers, it boggles the mind almost as much as their Constitution penalty...