PDA

View Full Version : I wish I lived in Japan

Burley
2009-05-19, 12:12 PM
So, it's no suprise that I feel the greatest thing to stroke mankind is Kingdom Hearts.
Also, the DSi is pretty neat.
Imagine my surprise when, while trolling the webs, I stumble upon the Kingdom Hearts themed DSi!
Now, imagine my chagrin when I realize it's Japan only, and that Nintendo (for the first time with a system ever) put region locks on the DSi. Now I have to settle for the themed DSi protector case. Yeah, it's still cool... but, y'know... not the same.

So, who else on the boards has looked on the internet and said "Oh, Nuh-uh! Japan gets the coolest stuff!" and maybe cried?

Comet
2009-05-19, 12:20 PM
They have life-sized Gundam cockpit simulators :<
Such a small island, getting all the cool stuff.
I would never want to live there, mind. Even with all the coolness it doesn't feel like a place I would enjoy. Too much people and action.

KnightDisciple
2009-05-19, 01:15 PM
Do you? Do you really?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/Picture_Vespa.jpg

Saithis Bladewing
2009-05-19, 01:47 PM
...Dude...

IT SPITS ACID AT YOUR EYES.

FLESH-SEARING ACID!!!

D:

Oregano
2009-05-19, 02:01 PM
Are you bothered about being able to use the download store(although you still would be able to get the stuff just not understand it unless you know Japanese)?

If you're not bothered about the download stuff then go ahead because it's only the DSiware that's region locked. DS don't have region coding so they still work. You might want to check it though because I have no imported games.

Although there are some sweet games coming out for the DSiware that you might not want to miss(like Dragon Quest Wars!).

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-19, 03:34 PM
I wish Nintendo cared as much about us.

They don't realize that we'd buy half this boop that they don't give us.

Oregano
2009-05-19, 03:44 PM
I wish Nintendo cared as much about us.

They don't realize that we'd buy half this boop that they don't give us.

Only a few of us would though, look at the sales of the JRPGs themselves. Usually 50% or more of the sales comes from Japan with Europe and America combined selling less copies.

Now just compare the sizes of the regions.

Geno9999
2009-05-19, 04:09 PM
If I lived in Japan, I would have more Fire Emblem stuff lying around. And Mother series.

Poison_Fish
2009-05-19, 04:41 PM
This thread is soooooo sugoi.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-05-19, 04:42 PM
They have life-sized Gundam cockpit simulators :<

Yeah, those are awesome. I spend alot of time Piloting a Dom.

Optimystik
2009-05-19, 04:49 PM
This thread is soooooo weeaboo.

Fixed for ya

(just kidding...)

Poison_Fish
2009-05-19, 04:59 PM
Fixed for ya

(just kidding...)

http://www.mondoglobo.net/images/Weeaboo%20Peek%20-%20Nicholas%20Guerwitch%20Interview%20-%20Perry%20Bible%20Fellowship.jpg

chiasaur11
2009-05-19, 06:01 PM
They also have full on truck lifting powered exoskeletons for under 5000 dollars.

I want one.

Eldan
2009-05-19, 06:04 PM
Do you? Do you really?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a8/Picture_Vespa.jpg

Yes. I mean, who wouldn't. Those things are awesome. Well, the bees that kill them by overheating them are even cooler, but man...
We really don't have any really cool animals here.

chiasaur11
2009-05-19, 06:12 PM
Yes. I mean, who wouldn't. Those things are awesome. Well, the bees that kill them by overheating them are even cooler, but man...
We really don't have any really cool animals here.

What about the T-Rexes?

Eldan
2009-05-19, 06:14 PM
We only have Plateosaurus here. And frankly, they are pretty lame.

Cubey
2009-05-19, 06:35 PM
I don't wish I lived in Japan. On one hand, they have lots of awesome stuff. On the other, life there is very expensive, work is hard to get, and both the workplace and society in general tend to be overly conservative and conforming. The only chance there for me would be to charm my nearest surroundings with my gaijin exoticness and make them conform to me instead of the other way around.

chiasaur11
2009-05-19, 06:36 PM
We only have Plateosaurus here. And frankly, they are pretty lame.

Oh, yeah. Those guys suck.

The USA is the one with the Rexes.

Also the rogue psychotic military robots have recently started building more of their kind from junkyards, so that's kind of like wildlife.

Moose Fisher
2009-05-19, 06:44 PM
As far as gadgets go, Japan has the best. Why can't they try to bring more over here?

I've noticed their games are starting to stagnate, at least the ones that make it overseas.
Kojima thinks so too. (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172266) (yeah, this is old)

I really want Super Robot Wars, but the developer doesn't own all the copy rights in the US to bring it over...:smallfrown:

Tengu_temp
2009-05-19, 07:49 PM
You can always import the games. And probably learn Japanese to enjoy them in 100%.

Burley
2009-05-20, 07:07 AM
Yeah... Nintendo did release My Japanese Coach...
I just don't know if all that extra money would be worth it for importing everything. Sure, the Japanese DSi will play US cartridges, but all the online stuff is regional, with access to different things depending on where you are. Plus, I'm having a hard enough time convincing the Ol' Lady to let me get a DSi in the first place. If I spend $450 for one that I can only half use, I'll be on the couch for the rest of my life.

Tengu_temp
2009-05-20, 10:20 AM
Well, if you lived in Japan, your house would be too small to even have a couch.

Oregano
2009-05-20, 10:44 AM
Yer, it's too bad about the lack of exclusive DS deals here in the west.

The clan is not de-funked Burley! We are on hiatus!

Burley
2009-05-20, 11:52 AM
Until we are de-hiatused (word?), the funk is gone.

Gow-ne, I say.