PDA

View Full Version : Leftover homebrew threads on the Gaming Board?

Overlord
2006-08-03, 12:14 AM
First off, I'm not trying to complain or anything; I'm impressed that the mods have been able to move this many threads over to the new board this quickly. The new Homebrew board is awesome. But there seems to be quite a few homebrew material threads remaining on the D20 Gaming board, and I just thought that I'd point this out in case it hadn't been noticed.

The only reason I noticed this is because one of my threads happens to be one of them (it's the one that's linked to in my sig, if it matters). I looked at my thread to see if it got moved and, sadly, it was not. Looking at the homebrew board, the threads seem to jump around in terms of order of date. Looking at the D20 Gaming board, however, there is a significant number of other homebrew threads that hadn't been moved. They seemed to be contained to a particular time period. The latest threads I noticed (in terms of date) are from July 21st 2006, while the earliest were from sometime in May (I'm not exactly sure).

Were none of these considered to be Homebrew material, or was there a glitch in the system? Again, I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing this out in case the Mods were unaware of it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-03, 12:36 AM
I noticed the exact same thing with one of my threads and PMed Gorbash Kazdar a message saying, "Hey, this wasn't moved," with a link. I went away for a couple hours, and low and behold, here it is in the homebrew section.

Gorbash PMed me back, saying:

I didn't manage to find everything in Gaming (d20 General and RPG) that belonged in Homebrew, so if you so see some, feel free to PM me about them. If they're older than six months, though, don't worry about it.

Your course of action is clear.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-03, 12:45 AM
Just to let you in on the whys and wherefores of certain threads still being in Gaming rather than having moved here, my first step was to lock anything older than one year over in Gaming. Then I started moving threads younger than that over here; the start date being late July 2005.

I worked page-by-page from about 190 to 100, moving Homebrew threads as I found them, until I just felt it was getting ridiculous to do it that way. I then moved everything I found on the first 10 pages of Gaming, and everything linked in the From the Playground thread.

Naturally, this has left a number of Homebrew content threads out in the cold back in Gaming (and also accounts for the random dates a bit, as From the Playground is organized alphabetically by category) but I'd rather not flood the board again with old threads.

Occasional moves as people find lost threads (which means they were interested in them in the first place) aren't a big deal, though.

So, now you know.

EDIT: Oh, and don't PM me about the thread in your sig. Already moved it. ;)

Overlord
2006-08-04, 03:28 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks so much for moving my thread! ;D

Matthew
2006-08-04, 10:50 PM
Will the 'Moved' Threads in Gaming and D20 eventually disappear, or are they permenant fixtures? Will the all links via 'from the Playground' eventually be fixed so that they direct here?