PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent Systems and Square Enix working on 6 DSi games: Theories.

Oregano
2009-05-19, 01:40 PM
It was announced a couple of days ago that Intelligent Systems is working on Dragon Quest Wars with Square Enix exclusively for the DSiware.

However this is supposedly the first of six Intelligent Systems/Square Enix games for the DSi. Now it may be another DQ titles but I doubt there will be six so I have three possibilities lined up.

* A Final Fantasy Tactics game in the vein of the original or closer to Fire Emblem in style than the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance series.
* A New Ogre Battle game!
* Development of new IPs or other, lesser known IPs such as a DSi exclusive Song Summoner game.

Someone else I talked to suggested that they might work on IS' games as well as SE's so it was likely Fire Emblem and Advance Wars would see DSi releases.

What are your thoughts (if you have any)?

Comet
2009-05-19, 02:28 PM
* A New Ogre Battle game!
Yes, please.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-05-19, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty sure one of them is KH:358/2 Days.

Or is it only non-announced games?

Also, if it were in the vein of Fire Emblem, why call it Final Fantasy Tactics? Tactics is Tactics, Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem. Maybe they'd call it something like Final Fantasy Emblem or something like that.

Oregano
2009-05-19, 03:35 PM
I'm pretty sure one of them is KH:358/2 Days.

Or is it only non-announced games?

Also, if it were in the vein of Fire Emblem, why call it Final Fantasy Tactics? Tactics is Tactics, Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem. Maybe they'd call it something like Final Fantasy Emblem or something like that.

Nah, it's unnannounced ones and KH:358/2 Days is developed. by h.a.n.d. I think.

Well it was just a guess, I'm thinking more about the feel of the game. How the original FF Tactics was more serious and the newer ones are lighthearted and since Matsuno has left due to ill health that they might let Intelligent Systems have a crack at a more serious FF Tactics.

There's a rumour Suda 51 is also working with Square Enix for a new game because he's added Square Enix to affiliates page or something. But that's unrelated.

Geno9999
2009-05-20, 07:52 AM
No you fools! It's obviously the sequel to Super Mario RPG. Or a crossover of Paper Mario and SMRPG. Maybe both.

Oregano
2009-05-20, 09:03 AM
No you fools! It's obviously the sequel to Super Mario RPG. Or a crossover of Paper Mario and SMRPG. Maybe both.

I did consider that. One of them could also be an online sequel to Mario Basketball.

Burley
2009-05-20, 12:39 PM
Is there a source for this? I'd like to read the actual article, and maybe to stomp around the web.

Oregano
2009-05-20, 12:58 PM
Is there a source for this? I'd like to read the actual article, and maybe to stomp around the web.

Dragon Quest Wars! (http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/square_enix_confirms_dragon_quest_wars_for_dsiware )

There's DQ wars, which is a definite confirmed and the patent was filed quite a few months ago so it's a real title. The six games thing was mentioned on other sites but it's not concrete. I'll see if I can find a link for you...

EDIT: Here's a link (http://www.edge-online.com/news/iwata-pushing-dragon-quest-westward) about Iwata wanting to make Dragon Quest as big in the west as it is in the East, which is most likely where this partnership originated from.

EDIT 2:Mention of the six games here (http://gonintendo.com/?p=82888) but there's no actual evidence for the five other ones, but numerous sources did report it.(they could have got it from the same place though).