PDA

View Full Version : GLoG XXV (that's 25!): Mapped out an' everythin'!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kaelaroth
2009-05-19, 03:12 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers. All of our members are either good aligned or trying to become good.
To become a member PM either FF Fanboy, Haleyintraining[Leave of Absence], Happyturtle, Kaelaroth, Lex-kat, or Saint Nil.

##############################
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The PM requirement is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:

IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they are not of good alignment or if they cause trouble in character.
##############################

Also, before you join, read the Rules of the Spork (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4768413&postcount=489). If you are not a member, then when your character arrives, you will be outside the front door and must roleplay getting entry.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Alignment:
Desired Alignment:
Profession:
Race:
Any other important information:

Bulletin Board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108523)

Full Members list here. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/list-of-characters)

New GLoG HQ Map
Ground Floor

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGGroundFloor.png

Front Entrance - Where people go in.
Great Room - The main lounge.
Infirmary Wing - Only slightly more equipped than the average hospital. Expect to be here. A lot.
Member Quarters - Where people sleep. Rooms can be fully customized, and several times bigger on the inside than they really should be, due to dimensional mojo.
Gazebo - Step cautiously, and you may just survive.
Pool Area - Indoor Pool and Hot-tubs.
The Armory - If you can kill someone with it, it's there.
The Conservatory - Rare plant specimens abound!
Covered Walkways - Are Covered.

Basement 1

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGBasement.png

Water Works - A veritable mass of pipes.
The Vaults - Shiny...
The Labs - Beware the Mutant-Half-Were-Pirate-Zombie-Dog.
Detention Blocks - Totally humane, we swear! :smalleek:
Sparring Pits
Training Mats
Shooting Range
Obstacle Course Area - Over eleventy billion possible combinations!

Basement 2

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GLoGSub-Basement.png

Secret Drone Factory - Completely Inaccessible. Who built it? SECRET! Who designed the drones? SECRET! How do the drones even get from the factory to the base if it's 'completely inaccessible' anyway? I SAID IT'S SECRET GODDAMIT!
Particle Accelerator - Why do we even have one of these? :smallconfused:

Old GLoG HQ Map
Great Room
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GreatRoomPlan.png

Portal between GLoG and Farthing Cottage. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111819) Requested by Kaelaroth.

If you have a question, please read our FAQ first, it may already have been answered:
FAQ:

What's the point? Isn't there already a good aligned organization? Why didn't you just join HALO?

OOC, we have nothing against HALO. (IC may be a different story.) However, we wanted an organization that only allows good-aligned members and focuses on the redemption of evildoers. If the real world can have multiple organizations for the purpose of doing good, we don't see why the forum can't hold more than one as well.

No seriously. Aren't you just a HALO clone?

Not intentionally. We have our own purpose and our own mission, which overlaps somewhat with HALO's, but is not identical.

Why don't you let anyone post in the main thread without PMing first?

OOC answer: Honestly, we tried it, and it was too chaotic to read.
IC answer: You don't let strangers wander into your house at all hours, do you? We just want to know who is in our house.

Still, it seems awfully rude. You've offended a lot of people.

We're sorry. We didn't mean to. :smallfrown:

What's the point of the visitor's centre?

We still want to play nicely with others! So we set up the visitor's centre thread to provide an IC access port.

Are you part of the Town? Or are you in an extra dimension?

We didn't really know at first, but when AMEN contacted us, it seemed clear that we inhabited some sort of reality with AMEN and HALO. Which means we aren't Town. I think. (Really, we're making this up as we go along!)

New answer: Everyone's a part of the town, but the rules are different here, Town laws do not apply. ACRONYM rules do. So respect the rules, and we will all get along just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Will you be interacting with the other groups?

Yes, but we haven't worked out the mechanics yet. We're officially at war with AMEN, but we don't want random fighting going on in our headquarters. So we might be setting up a war thread or a plot thread or something, but we don't know yet.

As far as HALO goes, we have no formal ties with them, though there is some membership overlap, and we're currently in discussions. IC, some of us have formed a negative opinion of HALO. It doesn't mean we have a problem with you OOC. (Honestly, Turtle isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and she's very defensive about being a former evildoer.)

We interact with other groups quite a lot, though the war with AMEN has come to an end.

GLoG is a pretty silly name, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is. One of our founding members used to belong to the Evil League of Evil (If you haven't heard of it, google 'Dr Horrible'), so when she turned good, it seemed reasonable to form the Good League of Good.

Artifact Vault - Set next to the Armory, this is where GLoG's major artifacts are stored. The door is DNA locked to members only.
The Brightheart
The Brightheart is a plain orb, set upon a stone plinth labeled 'The Brightheart'. Also on the plinth is a note that says:
'Do Not Remove. Ever. No, not even then. (But maybe then.)'
The Brightheart itself glows with inner light, and throws up a positive energy blanket of moderate strength (heals most surface wounds, and makes undead sick) a few meters in radius. Touching the Brightheart results in having a large amount of positive energy run through you (heals all wounds, and drives undead to near death). Inside the plinth itself is a gate to the Negative Energy realm, which draws off the excess positive energy from the Brightheart. Should the Brightheart be removed, and taken away from the base without the necessary preparations being made, two Very Bad ThingsTM will happen.
A) The Brightheart's positive energy will not be siphoned off, and so it will be returned to full strength, throwing up a powerful positive energy blanket about a kilometer in radius, and killing anyone who touches it, living or no, through sheer positive energy overdose.
B) The gate to the Negative Energy realm will become unstable and tear, creating a giant Negative Energy rift in the middle of GLoG.

Banners:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLoG-Banner1.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GloG-Banner2.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLog-Banner3.png
All banners by Logalmier.
Here's our Wiki (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/start)

What defences does GLoG have? Find out here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5398371&postcount=444).
Security cameras (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5229752&postcount=219) (you don't need to read it before joining, but this seemed as good a place to put it as any)
And finally, The Drones in GLoG. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/glog-drones-list)
The GLoG/HALO portal:
The portal between GLoG and HALO is still open, providing instantaneous transportation between the two organisations.
But anyone passing through it arrives outside the front door. If they've already been cleared (previously interacted with GLoG without hostilities), they can walk straight in without having to roleplay out knocking on the door and so on.
First time visitors, or people who have previously caused trouble have to wait for someone to undeadtime to decide whether they can enter the building (GLoG), or not.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 03:13 PM
Let's go, then? Catelyn says, hopefully leading Crimson through the Farthing Cottage Portal.

Crimson follows Catelyn happily through the portal.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 03:14 PM
"Oh, you look quite excellent sir." He'd use words like dashing or exquisite if they didn't confuse him. "No you must excuse me sir, I'm going to go look for Abigail sir."

He turns away from Marley and wanders off, into deadtime.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 03:16 PM
"Bye Butler." Marley heads out the front door.

dagaarn
2009-05-19, 04:51 PM
Abigail undeadtimes, she must have missed Catelyn walking straight past her nose...whoops...
Umm...Catelyn? Where did you go?

Kaelaroth
2009-05-19, 04:53 PM
I'm at home! Talk to Butler! Catelyn's voice sounds distorted.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 04:53 PM
And there's Butler! Looking for Abigail. Doesn't know what Abigail looks like though, so is lifting up seat cushions on the couch and stuff in his search.

Falgorn
2009-05-19, 05:12 PM
The Doctor undeadtimes and heads to the pool area.

Chas the mage
2009-05-19, 05:46 PM
Richard, the nobleman undeadtimes sitting by the fire. He wears his regal attire, with a golden amulet and verious silver and gold rings on his finger with a multitude of signets and crests. He has a thin, silver circlet upon his head, and on his back is a claymore thats taller then he is. It is heavily polished, and has a gilded pommel with an inlaid ruby. On the blade it has an insciption, unreadable to a normal person at a distance.

dagaarn
2009-05-19, 05:46 PM
Abigail turns to the closest person, coincidence and convenience says it's Butler. Hi, I'm looking for Butler...

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 05:49 PM
"Hello ma'am. I'm Butler ma'am." He gives a polite bow to her. "I can't talk now though, ma'am. I'm looking for Abigail ma'am."

dagaarn
2009-05-19, 05:51 PM
Abigail giggles at the irony and his polite tone. That's me actually, what a coincidence! Do you know how I can find Catelyn? She said she went home

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 05:53 PM
"Oh that's great ma'am! That you're Abigail ma'am. Yes ma'am. Follow me ma'am." He'll lead her to the portals, and point to the one that leads to the Farthing Cottage. "Her home is right through this Strange Purple Glowing Thingy ma'am."

dagaarn
2009-05-19, 05:57 PM
Abigail follows him, smiling and laughing at his manners. Thanks Butler, and you can just call me Abigail!
She then skips into the strange purple glowing thingy.

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 06:41 PM
Dani emerges from her room, looking quite happy and heading for the kitchen.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 06:44 PM
A newcomer arrived at the main entrance.

He wore a short, sleeveless, finely laced scarlet waistcoat under a dark blue velvet coat lined with many brass buttons, and paddock boots with half-chaps, giving the appearance of full length leather riding boots at a substantially lesser cost. Knee length buck skin breeches and silk stockings finished the outfit.

Corentin examined his strange surroundings and lamented the loss of his hat. Where he was from, a fashionable gentleman was simply not properly dressed without a hat.

Corentin walked up to the door and knocked.

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 06:57 PM
Hearing knocking, Dani grabs the bag of chips she came for, and heads over to open the door with her usual huge grin. Hi!

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 07:01 PM
"Hello." Corentin bowed to Dani. "My name is Corentin Apollinaire. This is the headquarters of GloG, is it not?"

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it is! I'm Dani, it's nice to meet you! Beaming happily, the tiny redhead steps aside for Corentin to enter. Are you wanting to join? Lots of new people have been joining lately!

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 07:19 PM
Corentin entered glancing around carefully. His surroundings were strange, but he had learned long ago that the best way to fit in somewhere was to act like you belonged there, so he remained at ease.

"The pleasure is mutual, I assure you. It is always pleasant to meet a pretty woman." He smiled at her. "I did indeed hope to join."

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 07:24 PM
Dani's cheeks color a good bit at the compliment. Aww, thank you! We've got membership forms around here somewhere...
A drone obligingly approaches. Statement of Offering: Here are the membership forms, Miss Williams.
Oh, thanks! Giggling, she snags the form from the drone and offers it to Corentin. Just fill one of these out and you'll be all in!

((It's the form in the OP.))

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 07:31 PM
Corentin accepted the form. "Thank you, madam." He looked at her, expecting to be led to a writing desk with a quill and ink for him to write with.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 07:32 PM
((This one))

Membership form:

Name:
Current Alignment:
Desired Alignment:
Profession:
Race:
Any other important information:

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 07:39 PM
Dani produces a pen with a smile and hands it to him; the sheet is, presumably, firm enough to write on hand-held. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 07:45 PM
Corentin took the pen quickly; turning slightly to the side he discreetly experimented with the pen until he figured out he could use it to write with. He managed to hide his confusion; if he gawked at every strange and unfamiliar sight, he would be occupied all day with his confusion.

He began to write, offering the filled out sheet to Dani once he was finished. The writing was bit awkward due to the differences between the pen and his traditional writing instrument, but it was legible.

Name: Corentin Apollinaire
Current Alignment: CN
Desired Alignment: CG
Profession: Privateer/Gentleman
Race: Human
Why do you want to join GLoG? I desire to use my talents to better my fellow man.
Any other important information: I have skill at arms, primarily with firelocks, having served as a soldier a few times in my life. I also possess property and standing in my homeland.

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 07:55 PM
Dani looks over the application, then back up with a grin. Welcome aboard! Glad you wanted to join us. Um, you'll have to be approved by one of the senior members technically but don't worry, that's just a formality! I don't think they've really refused anybody...

Two or three folk have been kicked out, of course.
But one of those was Nomlas, which explains everything.

Oh, I think it's kinda traditional to offer new members cake, too! The short, skinny, overflowing-with-energy redhead grins and skips (literally) her way back torwards the kitchen. So, you want any? It's good!

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 08:00 PM
Corentin followed Dani with a bit of dignity, keeping his curious glances at this strange place to a minimum. "How could any gentleman refuse an offer from such an enchanting lady?" He gave her a rather charming smile.

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 08:04 PM
She blushes more, and giggles. Aww...you're too kind!
Reaching the kitchen, she opens a cabinet and, half climbing up on the counter, goes to retrieve a chocolate cake.

This is how she's dressed right now:
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0903/d31/0944/d3ab997.png

Chas the mage
2009-05-19, 08:09 PM
Richard, the nobleman undeadtimes sitting by the fire. He wears his regal attire, with a golden amulet and verious silver and gold rings on his finger with a multitude of signets and crests. He has a thin, silver circlet upon his head, and on his back is a claymore thats taller then he is. It is heavily polished, and has a gilded pommel with an inlaid ruby. On the blade it has an insciption, unreadable to a normal person at a distance.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 08:10 PM
Corentin focused on the odd fixtures in the kitchen, allow his eyes to drift to his pretty guide only once before slightly averting them. A gentleman did not stare, after all. Perhaps next time he should find her a stool to stand on. It would be the gentlemanly thing to do.

"This is place is... most interesting. I've never seen anything like it before."

Falgorn
2009-05-19, 08:23 PM
And the Doctor walks in. It is pretty nice, isn't it? Oh, and I'm Marcos. Hey, Dani. Need some help there? He says, chuckling at Dani.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 08:23 PM
A magical seal appears on Corentin's application form.

Preapproved. :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 08:24 PM
I guess you're from a low-tech world originally? I guess a lotta stuff would be something to get used to then!
Grinning, she hops back down onto the floor, dropping the cake box on the countertop and opening it to reveal one of Lex's special chocolate cakes.
Have a slice! These things are sooooo good!

She looks over at Marcos with a grin. Thanks! But I can handle things!

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 08:30 PM
"Hello, sir." Corentin bowed to Marcos. "My name is Corentin Apollinaire. It is a pleasure to make you acquaintance."

Corentin took an experimental taste of the cake. "Chocolate? This cake would be fit for a king's table in my homeland." Corentin helped himself to a piece with a proper appreciative haste that fell just short of greedy.

The Bushranger
2009-05-19, 08:36 PM
Dani giggles, grabbing her bag of chips. I'm glad you like it!
She skips off in the direction of the TV, plopping on the couch and grabbing the remote to watch Stargate.

As her player gets kicked off the computer for awhile...

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 08:44 PM
Corentin's eyes followed Dani as she left. "She's a very nice young lady, isn't she?" He remarked offhandedly to Marcos.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 08:56 PM
Butler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5529464&postcount=100), that shirtless, collar wearing Catboy, enters the room and spots Corentin talking to the deadtimed doctor. That won't do.

He approaches and gives a polite bow. "Hello sir. How are you today sir? I haven't seen you here before sir. Are you new here sir or are you one of those hidden veteragens sir?"

And no, veteragens is not a word.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 08:58 PM
Corentin raised his eyebrows at the sight of Butler. He coughed, then said, "I am indeed new here. May I inquire as to your name, sir?"

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 08:58 PM
Another lovely young lady walks into the main room. It looks as if she came from the Rose Garden area.

She's wearing a long green dress. Has long black hair, and beautiful dark green eyes.

Hello handsome. She says to both of the gentlemen standing before her. Giving them both a coy smile. Have you seen Butler around lately?

There you are!! She moves past them and grabs at Butler, maybe giving him a big hug.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:02 PM
"Inquire sir? Why would you want to lock up my name sir?" :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Butler turns and beams at the lady, raising his hand excitedly. "I'm Butler B. Butler ma'am. Errr... I mean I'm Butler B. Butler Vidalia ma'am."

He is given a great big hug and hugs her back.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:04 PM
Corentin stood back a bit to allow the two to have their moment. It was rude for a mere acquaintance to intrude upon such a scene.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 09:11 PM
Who's your new friend, Butler? She looks back at Corentin, giving him a wink.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:12 PM
Corentin bowed to the lady. "Corentin Apollinaire, at your service." He returned her wink with a slightly rakish grin of his own. "I did not anticipate that GLoG would have so many fair ladies among it's numbers."

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:14 PM
Butler leans over and whispers to Vidalia. "He wants to lock my name away for some reason Vidalia ma'am." :smalleek: Butler watches Corentin with a mixture of awe and fear.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 09:18 PM
Vidalia giggles and courtsies. You're cute. But I'm not a member. Just an... acquaintance of Butler's.

She leans in closer to him. He says your trying to lock away his name. Can you really do that?

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:20 PM
Corentin glanced at Butler with a bemused expression. "I can do no such thing. I merely asked him what his name was. He seems to be easily confused."

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:24 PM
Butler frowns. :smallfrown:
"I could have sworn you didn't ask my name sir, but in..quired it sir." He struggles with the big strange sounding word.

Then again, he's not really sure about what acquaintance is either, but Vidalia seems to know, so ignores it. Maybe it's an onion thing?

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 09:26 PM
Vidalia smiles. Ah. Well, his is Butler. She steps in closer to Corentin. And my name is Vidalia. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:28 PM
"The pleasure is mine, I assure you." He was comfortable with her increased proximity. "You are not a member? A pity. I believe I would enjoy working with you."

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:34 PM
Butler smiles knowingly, but remains quiet and to one side, available should either of them need him for something.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 09:36 PM
Oh, we can work together, I assure you. I've worked with Butler before, and he's a member.

She gets as close as she can to him, maybe brushing ever so slightly against him. In fact, I think we could get to be real close, if you want.

Draken
2009-05-19, 09:38 PM
There is a knock on the door.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:39 PM
Woohoo!

Butler goes to answer the door, letting Vidalia and Corentin get to know each other well. "Hello sir. Welcome to GLoG sir. How can I help you today sir?"

Replace sir with ma'am and plurals where necessary.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:40 PM
Corentin grinned wolfishly. "I would like that. You are such a charming lady, madam. I cannot help but be... drawn to you."

Draken
2009-05-19, 09:42 PM
Three tiny, ugly mostly humanoid things stand by the door, roughtly two feet tall each.

The one at the front attempts to poke Butler.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:43 PM
Butler is poked. "Ow sirs! I'm afraid I don't know what you want if you just poke me sirs." :smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 09:44 PM
Corentin may notice Vidalia blushing. He may even notice that her blush seems to be... slightly green?

Nevertheless, she reaches for his hand. Let's talk in the Rose Garden.

((DEADTIME for about an 1 1/2 hours.))

Draken
2009-05-19, 09:45 PM
Warning. Pokes by tiny, ugly creatures can result in temporary loss of motor functions.

Also know as paralization.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:53 PM
Butler would probably inquire more, but it would seem that his mouth has stopped moving. As has the rest of him. Huh. Well let's hope a breeze doesn't come through or he might fall over.

Nope... there it is. And backwards he goes. He's fallen down and he can't get up.

Least the main room is carpeted. Or ought to be. I shake my fist at it if it's not. Or don't shake my fist and have Butler's head smacked. That hurts. Good thing he's thick headed, so the damage from that won't be all that much.

Draken
2009-05-19, 09:57 PM
One of the tiny beings jumps over Reinholdt, clutching his shoulders with it's claws, while another grabs his legs and the third crawls under his back.

And they lift him!

And zip away with him. If possible.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 09:59 PM
Corentin paused as he heard Butler hit the floor. Turning around, he took in the scene.

Uncertain as to what was going on, or how he should react, Corentin watched the three strange things at the door carefully. One of his hands came to rest inside his velvet coat.

Of course, when the things started to pick Butler up, Corentin stepped forward, producing a small flintlock pistol from his coat. "Alright... sirs, I must ask that you step back."

If they try to continue to make off with Butler, Corentin will threaten them more directly with the pistol.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 09:59 PM
Oh hey! The butler's been kidnapped! Off he goes.

The butler did it. The butler always does it.
Wait a second...

Or is in the process of it anyways.

Draken
2009-05-19, 10:07 PM
The three butt-ugly tiny beings start their massive, unrelenting, horrid mental assault upon all who stand within 300 feet of their position.

It is awful! Awful! It is like reviving the horrid, horrid memories of the pathetic, inhuman, miserable, despicable, humiliating, deprecating, worthless, distasteful, deplorable, detestable, disheartening, crappy lives of these creatures.

And it deals 3d4 wisdom damage by the way.

Oh, doesn't mean they don't try to skitter off anyway. If Corentin decides to shoot anyway, the guy holding Butler's head will be shot, fall, and Butler's head will drag behind as the two others run away like their rears are on fire.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 10:11 PM
Corentin fires, a cloud of white gunsmoke billowing forth from the barrel of his pistol. The shot is a twitch reaction to the sudden surprise of the mental assault.

Corentin fell to his knees, his hands clutching the sides of his head. The empty flintlock clattered to the floor, and Corentin was in no state to draw another and pursue the strange creatures.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 10:13 PM
Butler might scream and hold his head, but can't. Instead, said head gets dragged painfully. Ouch.

Sorta sucks he has three star shards stuck in his collar too. Especially if whoever or whatever he's being dragged to recognizes their value and takes them. Alas, it was probably bound to happen sooner or later anyways.

Off he goes!

Draken
2009-05-19, 10:24 PM
The dragging head thing is because Draken just loves to add insult to injury.

The two tiny uggly beings sprint off with Butler, to places unknown.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:16 PM
>.>
<.<
Continuity is clubbed on the back of the head as a copy of Crimson enters GLoG, bouncing in, long hair straying about rather wildly.
And then she sees a man who doesn't look to be a in a good situation. Uh oh. What was wrong though?

The teen rushes over to Corentin and drops to her knees next to him, looking up at him.
"Are you okay?"

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:20 PM
Corentin was currently trying to get to his feet. The thing's strange despair attack had brought back painful memories, and piecing himself back together was more difficult than Corentin anticipated.

He heard someone talking to him and looked up at Crimson. "They took Butler... little things... did something to my head..." Corentin tried to brace himself with his arms and push himself up to a standing position.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:21 PM
Marley enters GLoG. "Um, can I get some help with saving Butler? Some weird things took him into the woods.'

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:22 PM
"Here, let me help you."
Crimson attempts to help the gentlemen to his feet.
"Who did?"

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:24 PM
Corentin accepted the strange girl's support. He'd never seen anyone like her... but he pushed his curiosity aside. "These little monsters." Corentin pointed at the body of the one he'd shot. "Just knocked and took him..."

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:29 PM
Crimson is surprisingly strong- if she were an adult, it might be a little strange, but acceptable, but she's a slender and small teen. She seems quite capable of holding up Corentin's weight and supporting him.

She doesn't look overly odd, really. There are a few signs though-
That hair is natural, but a shining, brilliant, literal red. Her eyes look like ivory discs, and her skin is oddly pale and cool (though not clammy and chill).
She's also wearing all black.
Maybe she's into goth culture?

She peers out at the monster curiously.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:31 PM
"There's a lot more where that thing came from." Marley says, pointing at the monster.
"Too many for any one person to handle."

Draken
2009-05-19, 11:33 PM
The monster is dead. it has all the characteristics you would expect form the shriveled body of an old hag, including sagging... Things that sag.

The skin is covered in sores, and is not really much stronger than that of your average human, there is no fur, only some short spines on the hunched back.

Oh, and it was shot.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:34 PM
"Thank you, madam." Corentin made an effort to bend and retrieve his empty pistol from the floor. He addressed Marley. "Sir, I will endeavor to recover Mr. Butler with you." Summoning his will, he took a step and managed to stand on his own. He wasn't at his steadiest, but he was willing to try to get Butler back. He felt responsible for his earlier failure to stop the creatures.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:35 PM
"I'll help too!"
Offers Crimson quickly, her eyes wide.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:37 PM
"Alright then, but first a quick trip to the armory. I'll feel better about our chances with a few more weapons."
Marley starts walking to the armory.

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:38 PM
Corentin follows Marley. "How well stocked is the arsenal?"

Chas the mage
2009-05-19, 11:38 PM
Callixtus walks in, wearing a suit and tie. He has sleek black sunglasses, and his left hand is mechanical.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:39 PM
Crimson tags along behind Marley and Corentin, beginning to wonder if this was a good idea. Would her father get mad at her? He probably would...

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 11:40 PM
Vidalia, coming out of deadtime, runs up to the three. I'll help too. I want my Butler to be safe.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:40 PM
"Very well stocked."
Marley opens the door to the armory, revealing rows of different weapons.
"Take your pick, I know what I'm taking."

Chas the mage
2009-05-19, 11:41 PM
Callixtus makes his way to the armory... because thats where everything is happenin'

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 11:43 PM
Reinholdt returns to GLoG, apparantly just missing all the hubbub as people have disappeared from the great room to the armory. Which is ok, cause he doesn't need two characters caught up in that anyways.

Instead he heads to the portals and finds the one heading to the elemental plane of air. If there isn't one, then he'll have to work on that a bit, won't he? He checks to see if there are any special instructions about going to the elemental plane of air such as, "bring a sandwich", "wear a special suit", or "don't".

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:44 PM
Corentin was surprised and confused by most of the weapons, but was even more surprised when he found weapons he was familiar with. He took a flintlock musket, a box belt filled with paper cartridges, and a spike bayonet for the musket. He reloaded his empty pistol and checked his two other travel pistols.

"We are fortunate these things may be slain by pistol balls. I have not always hunted such accommodating foes."

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-19, 11:46 PM
Some means of flight is recommended. Otherwise you will be falling for a long, long time. A way to get back is also recommended, what with there being no landmarks to find your way back to the portal by. Also, beware bigass birds.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:47 PM
Crimson simply selects an irregularly short short sword of no other particular qualities, and with an after thought, a dagger to go with it.

It's rather strange, seeing a little girl handling such weapons so familiarly.

Well, perhaps strange to people not in Acro.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-19, 11:49 PM
Vidalia will wait for Corentin to get his guns, and follow after him.

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:49 PM
Marley grabs a few grenades. "By the way, what did those things do to Butler that made him go so stiff?"

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:52 PM
Corentin paused as he finished loading his musket. "I did not see clearly. Perhaps they did the same thing to him that the did to me... some sort of attack on my mind. I am unfamiliar with these creatures." Corentin was looking to Marley to lead the way; he'd seen the creatures last.

Reinholdt
2009-05-19, 11:53 PM
Flight... flight... flight... what did he have that could fly? It was always one of the things pretty much off limits to him.

Setting up landmarks as he went would be simple flare magic. Not too hard.

Reinholdt ponders. A jet pack sure would be nice right about now. Perhaps he could steal borrow one of those rocket-propelled hang gliders the MoveMent had since he was technically a member. He is wracked with indecision for this post.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:54 PM
Crimson looks up uncertainly.
"Mental attacks?"

ThePhantom
"Great, these things mess with people's minds. Well, someone leave a note so we can have backup, then we head out to the woods." Marley heads for the front door.

Chas the mage
Callixtus bursts into the armory, and begins to load guns and kives and stuff into his jacket... how the hell does he fit all that in there anyways?

Neon Knight
2009-05-19, 11:56 PM
Corentin hesitated. "I am just a common man, not a magician. But... they made me feel terrible, somehow. Like I was experiencing the worst things someone could ever remember."

Corentin followed Marley to the door.

AmberVael
2009-05-19, 11:57 PM
Crimson heads after the others, her hand on her sword.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-19, 11:58 PM
Flight... flight... flight... what did he have that could fly? It was always one of the things pretty much off limits to him.

Setting up landmarks as he went would be simple flare magic. Not too hard.

Reinholdt ponders. A jet pack sure would be nice right about now. Perhaps he could steal borrow one of those rocket-propelled hang gliders the MoveMent had since he was technically a member. He is wracked with indecision for this post.

Yaaay. Indecision.
Dum de dum...

ThePhantom
2009-05-19, 11:59 PM
(So, what next, Draken has gone offline for the night. Do we deadtime and wait for him to back?)

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 12:01 AM
Yaaay. Indecision.
Dum de dum...
Bah! Reinholdt runs out and comes back sometime later with a rocket propelled hang-glider.

Only because Squeaky Shoes Man was the one to donate them in the first place.

And if no one stops him or joins him (unlikely), he'll head on through to the elemental plane of air.

Lex-Kat
2009-05-20, 12:03 AM
Vidalia quickly writes a note and leaves it on the fridge.

Crimson, Marley, Corentin (new guy), and myself are going after some ugly looking creatures who stole Butler. Last sean, heading towards the woods.

Thanks, Vidalia.

((I think, without Draken, we say we follow Marley to the woods where he last saw Butler being dragged, then we all deadtime and wait for him to give us a link to his plot thread.))

EDIT: @V That works too. :smallsmile:

Neon Knight
2009-05-20, 12:04 AM
((I suppose. We might also at least head to the outside thread and proceed to begin tracking before deadtiming. Either way works, really.))

ThePhantom
2009-05-20, 12:05 AM
(Outside thread it is!)
Marley heads out the front door.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 12:06 AM
Reinholdt hops through the SPGT. Hooray for hang gliders!

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 01:25 AM
Erin, undeadtiming, notes Abigail's absence and, sighing, Folds out.

Dani is sprawled on the couch in the main room, watching Continuum.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:54 AM
Reinholdt glides out of the SPGT to the elemental plane of air, looking haggard and crash lands, which only makes him look even more haggard.

"Ow..." He detaches himself from his rocket-propelled hang glider and pockets the Floating Liana. Grabbing the hang glider, he goes to return it to the MoveMent, as well as drop by the Citadel to drop off the herb.

Needless to say, he's having a lot of fried chicken tonight. :smallannoyed:

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 03:01 AM
Perhaps fortunatly for Reinholdt, Dani has dozed off on the couch, curled up hugging a pillow.

horngeek
2009-05-20, 03:05 AM
{{Why fortunately?}}

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 03:10 AM
((Because she connects Reinholdt with Melody's having been killed...
He'd be a Swiss-cheesed cat in short order.))

Dani, hugging the pillow tightly with a smile on her face as she dreams of Sam, falls off into a deep sleep.

horngeek
2009-05-20, 03:13 AM
{{Ah. I see}}

billtodamax
2009-05-20, 03:52 AM
And lo! A note is retconned onto the fridge! It's folded over with Quinn's name on it.

Morty
2009-05-20, 07:24 AM
The mercenary trio undeadtime for a while, now that the player of the other two is online.
Okay guys, what do we do?

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 07:24 AM
And Quinn will read it...as soon as she gets back from rescuing Judy and Mint. :smalltongue:

Dani remains asleep on the couch, curled up and hugging the cushion.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-20, 07:37 AM
Naeryen gingerly tries to wake Dani up. She's currently in the costume of a rogue, with a leather cosh tucked into her belt.
"Excuse me?" She says, in a slightly hoarse whisper, like that of one unused to speaking loudly.

Garm whispers to Dispsnig.
"So who is this 'Vorka' person anyway? Sounds like a human name."

Morty
2009-05-20, 07:38 AM
Some paladinish guy who turned ugly after some catlike chick used that book of his we're looking for. He's human, I think.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-20, 07:40 AM
"Oh. Right." He says, as if this be the most normal thing in the world.

And BR seems to have deadtimed. Carp.

Morty
2009-05-20, 07:43 AM
We've been all over the ground floor. Maybe we should head downstairs.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-20, 07:47 AM
"Indee-"
A drone kindly butts in.
Greeting: Hello Members!
Observation: Is it not a particularly fine day today?
Further Observation: It seems you are new members.
Query: Would you like a tour?

Morty
2009-05-20, 07:49 AM
Ohbugg- Oh, I mean, of course, go ahead. Could we start from the basement?
If he shows us the whole GLoG, we'll probably meet that guy.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-20, 07:55 AM
And the drone gives them a tour of the base, ground level and basement 1, ending, conveniently enough, in the detention block. Which is where Vorka is, I believe.
Query: Do you have further need of my services?

Morty
2009-05-20, 07:58 AM
No, thank you. Go back to... whatver it is GLoG drones do.

Ashen Lilies
2009-05-20, 08:03 AM
What... do GLoG drones do in their spare time? :smallconfused: The drone goes off, contemplating this strange and exciting new development. Freeeeeedom!

Morty
2009-05-20, 08:05 AM
Looks like this is the place.
And then the mercenaries are probably trapped in Vorka's player's deadtime.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 10:21 AM
Reinholdt undeadtimes and walks into the great room. Yes I'm back to using good old fashioned plot clones. It's been a long time since I've been able to use those justifiably, so I'm taking advantage of it nows!

What's that?
Plot clones are never justified?
>>
<<
*sics flying piranha squirrels on*

Boo
2009-05-20, 10:23 AM
What... do GLoG drones do in their spare time? :smallconfused: The drone goes off, contemplating this strange and exciting new development. Freeeeeedom!

They RP on forums until they have to do something important, like telling a person what 3.2 multiplied by 1 is. When they're not doing that, they draw pictures of super hero versions of themself, or write up long, informational articles explaining an idea they had. Other than that, they also like to knit mittens for the poor. >> Need to meet the quota, y'know.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 10:50 AM
Looks like this is the place.
And then the mercenaries are probably trapped in Vorka's player's deadtime.

Let me out of here! Quickly! Vorka yells to the newcomers, almost pleading, a throbbing rage all over his truly hideous form, pounding at the door with pudgy, deformed, scabby fists.

Morty
2009-05-20, 10:53 AM
Perhaps in exchange for that book of yours? asks the goblin.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 10:56 AM
Uh-Oh! We has a dilemma!
Oh noes!
Vorka.. angrily... nods. :smallmad:

Morty
2009-05-20, 10:57 AM
Hand me the book and then I'll open the door.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 10:58 AM
It's locked in my bedroom, fool. Let me out, and I'll give you the key.
Vorka's conflicted! Hence the wacky speech!

Morty
2009-05-20, 11:03 AM
First the key, then I open the door. If I let you out now, you'll leg it without giving me anything.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 11:03 AM
Irene is in the rose garden, unconsciously working on being more nymph like.

Reinholdt is in the great room, as a kitty, lounging like kitties do.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 11:23 AM
How'm I s'posed to give you the key, there's not a way for me to, unless the door's open! Vorka roars.

Morty
2009-05-20, 11:25 AM
For some reason, I thought that the doors in the detention block are metal bars.
Okay. Will I have to pick the lock or do you guys keep keys somewhere around here?

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 12:32 PM
For some reason, I thought that the doors in the detention block are metal bars.
Okay. Will I have to pick the lock or do you guys keep keys somewhere around here?

And there I was seeing them as polished glass and steel doors, with intercom and the like. There's a control panel over there, goblin! Point.

Morty
2009-05-20, 01:35 PM
The gremlin walks up to the control panel(I hope his player doesn't mind this little bit of godmodding) and opens Vorka's cell.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 02:25 PM
Unfortunatly for Naeryen, Dani remains soundly asleep at the time, as her player found himself needing more sleep at the time...
<_<
>_>

Now, however, the petite redhead starts to stir, finally.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:28 PM
And there's Reinholdt. Still. The kitty curled up in front of the fireplace.

Not even sure if he's met Dani before or not.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 02:33 PM
The gremlin walks up to the control panel(I hope his player doesn't mind this little bit of godmodding) and opens Vorka's cell.
The porcine freak tosses the goblin a key, and vanishes out of sight... to plot!

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 02:35 PM
Well, Dani knows him by reputation if nothing else, given Chelonie's habit of blazing away at cats...

Might not recognise him, of course.

Noticing said cat, she looks over curiously, still rather sleepy.

Morty
2009-05-20, 02:36 PM
The three mercenaries go looking for Vorka's room. When they find it, they'll open it and search it for his book.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 02:37 PM
His dark book (of eee-vil) lies neatly on his neatly made bed.
Almost as if it's waiting for them to approach it.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:39 PM
Three cheers for reputation!
Wait...

Reinholdt tilts his head slightly and looks back up at Dani.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 02:41 PM
Dani yawns, rubbing her eyes.
Um, hi. Are you Sage, or just a normal cat?
Yay for sleepy incomrehension!

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:44 PM
"Is there ever such a thing as a normal cat around here?" It's sad. There really does need to be a normal cat or two.

"I don't think anyone's called me a sage before." Stupid other kitties trying to steal his shtick!

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 02:47 PM
Mm, you do have a point...

wait...talking cat...you're Reinholdt, aren't you?

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:50 PM
"Well there have been a few others, but they disappeared almost as soon as they showed up." Cristo's Celestine (here for a whole 2 hours! :smalltongue:). Banjo's Custard. One guy with four cats each with unique abilities, but I can't remember his name. Celtois' Sage.

Yep. He's your best bet. He stands up. "Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He performs his flourish. "I don't believe we've met though." Which can only mean Dani has heard about him elsewhere. Which can only be a bad thing.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 02:55 PM
A baaaaaaaad thing, indeed...
We haven't met, but I have heard of you.
It's fortunate for the kitteh that Dani's gun is back in her room...
As her eyes narrow dangerously.
Well, as dangerously as they can, anyway...
How about you give me one good reason why I don't dunk you in turpentine right now?

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 02:58 PM
Reinholdt sighs. He's not even sure what he did to THIS one. But isn't surprised in the least.

"Because then you'll have robbed all the other members who have offered the same thing prior to you the satisfaction? That and I'm a member of GLoG now, so it may not go over too well. Then again I may be so unpopular that everyone else would turn a blind eye when you did." He shrugs.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 03:01 PM
Dani glares at the apocalakitteh for a long moment, then stands huffily.
I don't hold grudges, but I don't like my friends being killed either. You want me to forgive you, you figure out a way to get Melody back.

Morty
2009-05-20, 03:02 PM
The goblin approaches the book and picks it up.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 03:05 PM
Reinholdt's mouth opens as if to say something, but nothing really comes out. So it closes with an audible click. Melody's death had pretty much changed everything. For Chelonie, for Reinholdt, for Rabbit, even for Magtok from what little can be seen of that.

After his pause, he replies. "I... cannot. Chelonie would be furious." Let's not even go into the lack of proper means.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 03:10 PM
Maybe. But I lost my best friend. So...
Her eyes brimming with tears, Dani turns and heads for the kitchen.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 03:16 PM
"Melody may not even want to come back. I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do." He looks away from Dani.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 03:17 PM
Doesn't change things...

Grabbing one of her super-size bags of dill pickle potato chips, she stomps off to her room.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 04:06 PM
The goblin approaches the book and picks it up.

Man, holding it feels... awesome. Great. Wondrous.
And it flicks itself open, neatly, spinning through various pages with glee, eventually settling on "To End the Races of the Enemy". Of course, it's stopped on other pages, briefly, too - so perhaps he could look at other things, too - but this page has four incantations on it, ready and waiting in Goblin.

Morty
2009-05-20, 04:10 PM
Dipsnig, for some reason forgetting all he's been taught, begins to read the incantations. It just feels so great to end those tree-hugging sons of b*tches and bearded morons once and for all.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 04:13 PM
Incantation number one? A sword, goblinoid-sized, shimmers into existence on the bed, glimmering nastily in the light, made of some kind of green or grey material, save for the hilt's gem - which is a malevolent amephyst.
Continue to read?

Morty
2009-05-20, 04:15 PM
Dipsnig indeed continues to read.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 04:21 PM
Incantation number two? Dipsnig may find himself hungering for elf and dwarf flesh (though human and other entity, including goblin, will do just fine), as fangs, wicked and gleaming, endow themselves upon him, supercharged muscles also wandering their way onto his form.
Keep reading?

Morty
2009-05-20, 04:22 PM
As his players needs to deadtime soon, Dipsnig goes on reading, despite his better judgement.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-20, 04:34 PM
Incantations three, and four? Nothing much seems to happen, if anything. Odd, that. :smallconfused:
Incantation five? There's a definite flicker of something green, and that's, well. That. The book shuts itself, calmly, and perhaps one's eyes are drawn to the scary new sword Dipsnig's acquired.

Morty
2009-05-20, 04:41 PM
Dipsnig grabs the book, as he still remembers that he's supposed to get it to Catelyn. But he grabs the sword as well, and deadtimes, grinning wickedly.

Falgorn
2009-05-20, 04:57 PM
The Doctor undeadtimes, and heads to the kitchen.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 05:00 PM
Ravishing smexy, pheromone Irene is already in the kitchen. Nomming on foods. The way she's nomming it looks like she's famished. She also doesn't look like she's feeling too well, though that may be difficult to see through all the lust inducing things she has going for her.

Falgorn
2009-05-20, 05:03 PM
Pheremones work on him. He blushes, and smiles awkwardly at her. The poor, hopeless sap. Um...hi....Miss....?

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 05:05 PM
"Irene." She says in between chewing on some meat, her forehead glistening. "Who are you?"

Falgorn
2009-05-20, 05:07 PM
I'm...um...Marcos...yeah, Marcos. The Doctor.... She might remember him from the Infirmary, where he was trying to help Crimson.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 05:09 PM
"Yeah. I remember you." She says, turning to grab a meat loaf and heat it up, swaggering just slightly.

Falgorn
2009-05-20, 05:10 PM
He blushes. He doesn't remember her. Um...from...where, Miss....um...Irene?

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 05:14 PM
"I remember seeing you in the infirmary. Before that's all." She taps her foot. This microwave was taking way too long.

"It's was either before me and Scarlet went on that walk or before we soaked in the hot tub."

FireFox
2009-05-20, 05:17 PM
Well, as Champion of a Goddess, Angela is wandering around perfectly fine.

Sam on the other hand is probably going to end up dying of antrax or something.

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 05:49 PM
The notorious cyborg strides through the door (Unless there's some magicky effect preventing that), most likely being followed by Raril.

Here it is, the Good League of Good. Or GLoG, as it was dubbed by the acronyms. Personally, I would've gone with The League as the shortened version, but whatever. If you look on your right, you'll see so-called do-gooders and heroes lounging about in luxury whilst psychopaths and madmen run free. You'll see the same on your left, too.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 05:56 PM
Reinholdt runs free on past. Irene lounges in luxury.
Well not really.

I'm pretty sure the magic on the door is the fact that it doesn't open unless you're a member. :smalltongue:

But I guess someone left the door open. Irene wanders over, glaring vehemently at Magtok. Over course, the way she's staggering and sweating she doesn't look like she feels too well.

For Raril's sake, Irene is a nymph who wears mirrored glasses so that her eyes can't be seen. She's constantly emitting pheromones that she neither can control nor knows about, that apparently make people lust after her even more than usual.

"What are you doing here Magtok and why should I not have the drones hop on your butt right now and send you to your own personal scrap heap?"

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 05:59 PM
"Right..." The Drow mutters, looking around. "Name's a bit redundant, don't you think?" Or perhaps they weren't so good and were compensating, Raril thinks to himself.

Noticing Irene, he blinks and frowns in concern. "My dear, are you alright?" He was genuinely worried for the lady.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 06:14 PM
"I... I'm fine. Just a bit hungry is all." She sways a little, before regaining her composure and stands up a little straighter, trying to maintain some false superiority. "You still haven't told me why you're here. And why you're with him." She points at Magtok. Pretty clear she doesn't like him much at all.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 06:24 PM
"Well, as unfortunate as it sounds, he's the only one I know in this place. I've been out of Town for a while and things have changed quite a bit. He's offered to show me around." He extends a hand, smiling politely. "My name is Raril, by the way. Raril Xar'Cha. And who might you be?"

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 06:27 PM
Magtok smiles warmly, a sharp contrast to Irene's flaring temper.

Irene, all I ever did was kidnap the guy. After asking nicely, giving him fair warning ahead of time, and using relatively painless equipment to do so. Half the people on the other side of this door have done much worse.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 06:30 PM
"My name is... My name is... is Irene." Huh. Odd that. Trying to remember your own name and swaggering at the same time, even as she takes his hand and shakes it. Her hand is rather clammy and cold. She sort of feels her way over to a chair and sits down.

"Just don't... don't kidnap anyone again ok?" She smiles meekly, seemingly lacking the energy to fight Magtok anymore.

Chas the mage
2009-05-20, 06:41 PM

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 06:42 PM
Raril shoots a look at Magtok. Clearly he didn't think it was that painless. In fact, he still had the scar from the scalpel the cyborg had driven through his hand. And that had been the least of the trauma.

"It's nice to meet you, Irene." The drow says, still smiling. "And don't worry, I'll make sure he doesn't steal anyone." He assures her. Something was wrong with her, he could tell, though he wasn't sure what. She didn't seem worried, so neither was he.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 06:54 PM
"Fine." She waves her hand, mildly dismissive, before lying back on the couch and closing her eyes, her breathing somewhat labored. "I just need to take a nap. Be good."

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 07:01 PM
Magtok grins. All it ever takes is a few words, in the right place and time, and one can accomplish nearly anything.

Right then, let's take a look about and such.

He then notes the scar-touching and the look.

What? Oh no, I was referencing some other person I kidnapped. Windy Mare or something was his name. Traded him to some lady for some gems, and then gave the heroes a description of her and stuff afterward. Win-win for everyone but the employer, really.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 07:13 PM
"Made a habit of kidnapping people, then?" Raril wonders.

Rebonack
2009-05-20, 07:17 PM
"I thought this place had a 'no villains' policy..." Zee mutters as she rather abruptly steps out from behind a potted plan, a tray of steaming brownies in hand.

Had she followed the others in?

How did they manage to miss her?

She couldn't have teleported, she isn't even capable of that sort of thing!

And where did those brownies come from? Are they special?

"I made some special brownies!" the tray is thrust in Magtok's general direction. "They have caramel!"

Apparently they aren't that kind of special.

Chas the mage
2009-05-20, 07:23 PM
Richard walks over to where magtok is, With his huge claymore thats taller than he is.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 07:29 PM
Raril grins as Zee appears. "Now, we both know Magtok isn't that much of a villain." He chuckles a bit.

His reaction to the approaching nobleman depends upon weather or not that massive sword is being weilded or not.

Chas the mage
2009-05-20, 07:30 PM
Richard has the flat of the blade leaning on his shoulder, and it is held in one hand.

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 07:32 PM
Hey! What do you mean, not a villain? I burnt down most of Enup!

Ugh, caramel. And some oddball with a humongous sword that no human being should be able to properly wield.

Raril, I suggest you find someone else to help you with the rest of your tour, I think things might get ugly soon.

Magtok politely declines the brownies, and glares at the sword guy.

Rebonack
2009-05-20, 07:37 PM
"I saw him kidnap a hobo once!" Zee protests rather vehemently. "That's enough to make him count as a villain. And don't forget that time he piped in Yoko Ono music all over Town. That's pretty villainous too. Oh! Hiya mister big sword guy! Want a brownie?"

The tray is thus thrust in Richard's general direction.

She seems unusually spunky today. Even for her. Probably because she only gets serious when serious story elements have been going on. And since Rebo has been on an RP hiatus all she has to go on is silly.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 07:38 PM
Raril casually rest his hands on the hilts of his swords, but makes no hostile moves.

"So have like... six other people." He points out. "And what? You don't want to hang around me anymore? Going to push me off on these nice people? So generous of you." The Drow teases.

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 07:49 PM
Magtok shakes his head.

No no, I killed that hobo, Zee. Also, I got all the worst people in Enup to team up to form a short-lived evil team of evil, that counts for something. And Raril, I can't guide very well when a menacing figure with a giant sword is being all menacing.

Magtok then turns to face Richard with an icy stare.

Stranger, I strongly recommend putting the sword down, you're making me uneasy.

Oh hey, Swordy's deadtimed. How convenient.

Rebonack
2009-05-20, 07:58 PM
"And he didn't even get a brownie, either..." Zee sighs, conveniently missing Magtok's comment about his League of Villainy. Seems selective perception has stuck again.

Maybe she would notice if he took a brownie...

Or maybe not.

It's hard to tell with her sometimes.

"Oh! Are we on a tour? I was on a tour here once. They gave me cake!"

happyturtle
2009-05-20, 08:03 PM
"Magtok is always welcome here," Chelonie says. "I don't care what happened in the other dimension."

Chelonie, previously known as Happy, is in a wheelchair. She looks, and sounds, very weak.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 08:06 PM
Irene is still there lying down on a couch, sweating something fierce. Huh.

And since we can never get away with just messing with Magtok a little, he probably will spot Reinholdt the catboy leaning against an entrance to the room watching (he just got there). Probably not the one Chelonie came out of just now.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 08:11 PM
"Brownies and cake?" That had Raril's attention.

The Drow blinks at Chelonie, wondering if all the women here had something wrong with them. His expression quickly shifts to a smile, though. "Hello. I don't believe we've met. I'm Raril." He introduces.

happyturtle
2009-05-20, 08:12 PM
"Chelonie Amakirr," she says. "Welcome to GLoG."

Rebonack
2009-05-20, 08:15 PM
"And you shouldn't either 'cuz the people in both seem to be really different," Zee is quick to point out. "Except Draken. He's an old grouch in both."

She makes a rather sour face upon mentioning Draken.

"And... Uh... You aren't looking very good Happy-er Chelonie?"

Lord Magtok
2009-05-20, 08:20 PM
Magtok bites his lip, trying to avoid staring at the wheelchair and tries to avoid falling into a state of pity/despair. Reinholdt being there adds a level of tension that was definitely not needed.

He then attempts to jab at Zee with his elbow and glare. Though Zee probably wouldn't know any better than to poke at a potentially sensitive subject, it's an opportunity to jab at Zee and have justification, something Mag certainly won't pass up.

happyturtle
2009-05-20, 08:20 PM
"I've developed chronic fatigue syndrome," Chelonie says. She also lost her daughter, but she doesn't like to talk about that.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 08:26 PM
Reinholdt staaaaaares. At Magtok in particular.

Mostly just watching the scene, though.

Artemis97
2009-05-20, 08:28 PM
The drow smiles at Chelonie, glad for a proper welcome. Seeing Magtok glare at Zee, Raril glares at the cyborg. A low growl issues from the back of his throat.

Rebonack
2009-05-20, 08:29 PM
"Oh..." Zee deflates a little. "Sorry to hear that. Have you tried checking with a doctor or a cleric or-gah!"

She jumps a bit when Magtok jabs her. "What was that for?"

Hopefully Magtok's attempt at Zee-poking for the good of 'Happy' won't backfire. Because we all know how awful conflict is.

happyturtle
2009-05-20, 08:43 PM
"No, there's no cure. But I'll be okay." She gives a half smile. "Make yourselves at home. If you need anything.... there should be drones around." And, quite exhausted from this brief conversation, she maneuvers the joystick on the motorized wheelchair to return her to her room and to bed.

FireFox
2009-05-20, 09:47 PM
Sam is wandering.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 09:49 PM
Funny that, Dani's wandering too...

Spotting Sam, she ducks behind a potted plant and starts planning...plotting...

pop!

...Surprise Hug Attack!

FireFox
2009-05-20, 09:52 PM
Poor Sam almost has a heart attack... But that doesn't stop her from reflexively grabbing at Dani's arm to spin her around and snap her spine hugging her back.

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 09:55 PM
Eep!

Dani grins broadly and stretches up to deliver kisses to each of her partner's cheeks.
Hey Sammie! Whatcha been up to?

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 09:55 PM
Reinholdt throws a small rock at Magtok's metal part of his head for his constant ability to disappear so suddenly, before returning to the library to read up on some things.

Irene is still on the couch in the Great Room, sleeping fitfully at best, getting none at all at worst, breathing labored.

FireFox
2009-05-20, 09:59 PM
Hi Dani. Sam smiles as she's kissed and goes to sit down in the kitchen. Nothing really, you?

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 10:03 PM
Not much, been meeting some fun new people! Dani makes a move to hop right into Sam's lap grinning. None nearly as great as you are though, love...

FireFox
2009-05-20, 10:04 PM
Sam puts a steadying arm around her partner. Yeah? That's good... She blushes slightly, but otherwise ignores the compliment.

((Deadtime...))

The Bushranger
2009-05-20, 10:07 PM
Dani leans her head against Sam's shoulder, smiling happily.
More than good. Way, way, way more than good...

ThePhantom
2009-05-20, 11:48 PM
Marley enters GLoG.
"I hate having to go and be a hero, its bad for my health."

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:04 AM
Irene is still on the couch in the Great Room, sleeping fitfully at best, getting none at all at worst, breathing labored.
Irene is about the same, but with a cold sweat and blotchy skin.

Butler, however, seems to miss that Irene's even in the room (plausible with the layout. Someone entering the Great Room via the front entrance might not even notice someone laying down on one of the couches). Butler takes the NPCs to the infirmary to get them fixed up. Vidalia too if she came with.

Himself as well after everyone else is taken care of.

ThePhantom
2009-05-21, 12:06 AM
Marley also heads to the infirmary.
"So, Butler, what did those things do to you that make you so stiff?"

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:13 AM
"I'm not entirely sure sir. All they did was poke me sir. And then I couldn't move sir." Butler shakes his head in confusion.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 12:16 AM
Talking nearly silently to herself, Nikolai stumbled back into GLoG, intent on taking a shower and washing away the shame she felt on her, like a layer of grime on her skin.
How could she have let that almost happen?
Hadn't she learned anything with Faust?
But..Faust was different...
He was...
"Eh?" Nikolai backpeddled to glance over the sick nymph on the couch again.
She didn't look too good.

ThePhantom
2009-05-21, 12:18 AM
"Just a touch. Great, that means we were lucky and didn't get paralysed when those things hit us. That does it, from now on, when you go to answer the front door, you look through a peephole before you open the door."
(Wow, Butler has been getting a lot of orders lately.)

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 12:18 AM
Crimson comes inside and holds the door open for Corentin.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:22 AM
"Yes sir. I will sir."
There's a peephole?
Butler even knows what a peephole is?

With those mirrored glasses Irene has on, it's hard to tell if she's awake or looking at Nikolai. But there doesn't seem to be an immediate reaction, so probably not. Her breathing is slowing though.

Neon Knight
2009-05-21, 12:22 AM
Corentin walked inside and smiled at Crimson. "Thank you, my lady."

Corentin noticed the cut on Crimson's face. "Scarlet, perhaps we should seek out a physician? It would be disheartening if your face was marked from that terrible place." Corentin was suffering from a few magic missile injuries himself, but gallantry and sheer pigheadedness was keeping him on his feet. For now.

ThePhantom
2009-05-21, 12:24 AM
Marley pauses while getting a bandage around his wound.
"Its the little window on the door, it lets you see who is at the door."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 12:25 AM
And, of course, the nymph pheromones do their thing, and Nikolai is suddenly overwhelmed with urges only slightly familiar to her, though nothing she had ever felt with anyone so unknown to her.
There's also a touch of....
Her hazel eyes grew wide, and she stooped closer to the woman, the pheromones and naturally kind behavior combining to grow her urge to help the sick woman.
"Miss? Are you okay?"

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:29 AM
A look of recognition comes across Butler's face. "Oh... that sir! I can do that sir. No trouble sir." :smallsmile:

Irene shifts slightly closer to Nikolai, leaning towards her, her breathing becoming shallower by the second. "You smell so... pretty..."

ThePhantom
2009-05-21, 12:32 AM
"Very good Butler. And now, I'm going to bed, its been a long day."
Marley goes to his room and to sleep.
(deadtime)

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 12:32 AM
"I, um, yeah, that's probably a good..."
She glances over at the couch, hearing Irene.
"Irene?"
Crimson says in alarm, instantly abandoning Corentin as she hurries over to the nymph to take her hand.

Neon Knight
2009-05-21, 12:34 AM
Corentin decided that whatever was going on, giving Scarlet some privacy would be best. He went off to seek medical attention on his own.
((Deadtime.))

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 12:37 AM
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Nikolai spoke almost uncharacteristically sharp to Crimson, attempting to pull Irene closer to her.
If there was any sort of negative energy about her, Nikolai would feel it prickle across her skin.
"Irene, is it? Have you been bitten by anyone lately? Anyone who seemed ill?"
Of course, it might be too late to have a cohesive answer from the nymph.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:42 AM
"Oh... hi... Scar...Scar... Scarlet. You look tasty. Foods?" Irene seems to have had trouble remembering Scarlet's name. Her speech also seems oddly slurred.

Negative energy is definitely building quickly as Nikolai can tell when she pulls Irene close. She shakes her head just barely, but to which question is hard to tell. Irene moves her face closer towards Nikolai's collarbone. So... fleshy. Smells so nice...

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 12:44 AM
Nikolai's eyes widened.
She was far too gone. Perhaps that was why...there was no mistake in the necrophiliamancer's mind that the nymph in her arms was going, and going fairly quickly.
Forcefully, in a way that made the girl think of Reinholdt's attempted kiss before, Nikolai cupped her hand against Irene and pulled her lips to her own.
...If allowed, of course.

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 12:46 AM
"What are you doing?"
Cries out Crimson.
Yes, she's a fair bit jealous.
She'll quickly dart over to Irene and attempt to get between her and Nikolai.
"Are you doing this to her?"
The girl accuses.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 12:50 AM
Well... uh, I guess Crimson gets between Nikolai and Irene for now.
Irene tries to wrap her arms around Crimson and bury her face in Crimson's shoulder an overly nuzzly, snuggly manner.
D'awwww....

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 12:54 AM
Those of you who have been reading of Nikolai may think of her as a sweet, mostly submissive young woman, obedient and wary of confrontation, though slightly a coward.
You would be wrong.

Nikolai, irked by the interference of Crimson, growled, nearly tossing Irene towards her.
"Her degree of illness is so far gone, she's had to have been suffering for a while, and as I just walked in for the first time in days, its impossible that I'm causing it, but, fine, bitch. If you want her to eat your ****ing face off so badly, fine. I hope your soul burns as the disease devours your flesh, too."

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 01:03 AM
Will you let someone speak to you that way?
Whispers the voice to Crimson.
She's just a mortal...
M-maybe she didn't really mean harm...
You aren't going to let her do this. You know it. She was going to take Irene from you- she has cursed her. You hate this woman- you want to see her gone. You WILL see her gone.
Images- memories of what is yet to come flash through Crimson's head, and she shudders, then glares at Nikolai.
"You have no right to speak to me like that. Don't you dare!"
A circle of black oozes from Crimson's forehead, forming a symbol that is so dark it seems to devour the light around her. Blood slowly oozes from it as the little girl at glares at the necromancer.
"Get out of my sight or I'll give you what you deserve!"
Shadows grow and flicker around Crimson, and her voice is echoed by something else that seems to crawl out of the darkness around her- an ancient, primordial voice that awakens the nightmares dreamed in ages past, long since forgotten.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 01:05 AM
Irene wants to join the girl yelling contest too!

She starts off by trying to nom on Crimson's neck. Yummy Tasty. Omnomnom.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 01:09 AM
Nikolai seemed almost blown back to her usual countenance as the little girl had her fit and whatnot, her eyebrows raised, mouth agape. Fear wracked her body, and she was immobile.
But, slowly, the necrophilamancer snorted, especially as Irene began to act within her newer nature, and stood, nearly gracefully, though the front of her shirt was still cut open, a thin line of blood evident between her breasts.
"Well, enjoy being a zombie, then." If that was even possible.
With that, Nikolai silently walked away to her room.

billtodamax
2009-05-21, 01:14 AM
Vlad walks in wearing a gas mask. Who knows why he's wearing it? Aside from me of course. I know why. Bet you'd like to know why too. Maybe you'll find out.

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 01:17 AM
Crimson is about to curse Nikolai when she gets bitten on the neck.
Yike!
Luckily, nymph teeth (even nymph zombie teeth) aren't especially sharp or dangerous, especially to someone who can take a sword cut to the arm without flinching. Crimson yanks back and away from Irene, trying to figure out what was going on as she took a bit more control over herself. She's almost coming out of a daze.
"Wha...?"
Her eyes fixate on Irene, and she slowly begins realizing what's happening.
"No no no no..."
The black blot on her forehead pulses a little, and she'll attempt to push Irene back and down onto the couch.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 01:20 AM
No, not especially dangerous, but Crimson might have caught teh zombie disease nows.

Irene is pushed back and down. Not that she wants that. She's most certainly outstretching her arms and.... oh... arm flesh! Omnomnomnom attempts on Crimson's arms.

billtodamax
2009-05-21, 01:24 AM
Vlad walks over to crimson and Irene. He looks at them, trying to figure out what's going on, and indeed, even who they were.
"Hello?" He says, his voice muffled by the gas mask.

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 01:27 AM
Possibly, if Irene managed to break the skin.
She didn't.
Crimson isn't any Shoat of the Mire to catch bullets in her arm and suffer no wounds, but simple zombie teeth aren't dangerous at all.
There's also the question as to whether this is actually contagious, as it was meant to be a sort of sylvan curse.
Also, Crimson is pretty much immune to all disease anyways. She's practically undead herself.

Crimson reaches out a hand, attempting to place it on Irene's forehead and press it back- not only will this make it difficult to nom on her, but it's also part of a spell she can cast...
...or, well, attempt to cast. She's never done it before. Even if she does do it, it's a very temporary thing.
Plus, it's going to take bit for her to do it. Plenty of nomming attempts await.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-05-21, 01:27 AM
With the door closed behind her, and tightly locked, Nikolai leaned back against it, crossing her arms over her chest and huffing softly.
She had just been trying to help.
Maybe the younger girl was the Nymph's lover.
Or, one of them. Well, that was no good; nymph's typically weren't monogamous, were they?
And it wasn't like Nikolai had wanted such intimacy with the nymph, not that that girl would know that, but still.
Maybe Nikolai should go back and...
No.
There was no way to help those who did not want to be helped, and there was definitely something wrong with the child, especially obvious due to the bleeding black mark on her forehead.
The necromancer shuddered.
Sometimes, she wished she could be as detached from concern as Faust was. It would make such things easier, and she wouldn't have had the guilt she was currently suffering from.
She knew she shouldn't have lashed out so quickly at the red-head. Perhaps, if she had calmly explained, she could have helped, and then the whole GLoG base wouldn't be in danger of a zombie outbreak.
Then again, perhaps the girl would come find her, or would find someone else. As soon as someone realized what was going on, it would be okay.

And, still, as she cleaned herself, scouring herself in the shower (futilely, as the grime and shame and guilt of the past few days refused to be washed away, even as she came close to bleeding from the scrubbing), her mind drifted to Faust.
Where was he?
When would he come back for her...?

billtodamax
2009-05-21, 01:30 AM
"Hello? Someone's going to have to say something, I can't see very well in this thing." Vlad says.

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 01:32 AM
Irene is actually more interested in the new flesh that just arrived, and lunges away from Crimson, breaking free due to going sideways instead of forward.

Lunging directly at Vlad to take a nice big chunk of flesh out of him with her teeth. Omnomnom.

And of course it's contagious. *nods*

Oh hey. Vlad's even blind as a bat and probably won't know to dodge until it's too late. Yummy. :smallsmile:

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 01:35 AM
"Run!"
Crimson shouts at the man, finally realizing he's there as Irene leaps at him.

Kaelaroth
2009-05-21, 01:35 AM
((*jumps in on the "Oh noes - 'tis contagious!" bandwagon*))

billtodamax
2009-05-21, 01:37 AM
Vlad is indeed bitten.
"Ah! What the hell?" He asks as he draws his sword and rips of the gas mask. OK. Irene and a new girl. He attempts to grab Irene and then hold her head still by the top. His sword'll be lying flat against the top of her head.
"Why is she doing this?" He asks Crimson, his arm starting to hurt as the disease ever so slowly starts to spread.

AmberVael
2009-05-21, 01:39 AM
"She's becoming a zombie."
Moans Crimson.
She's rather refusing to believe that Irene is totally a zombie.
"If you can hold her still, I'll fix her at least for the moment- and then try and help you."

Reinholdt
2009-05-21, 01:41 AM
Irene is not particularly strong and can be held. But man does she seem incredibly persistent. And trying to nom at whatever nearby appendage she can get a hold of, tilting her own head back and gnashing her teeth furiously, while her arms reach out to try and pull Vlad in.

billtodamax
2009-05-21, 01:41 AM
"So now I'm becoming a zombie?" He asks. "Great. I hate the uncivilized ones" He says, referring to zombies.
"Stop that." He says when Irene starts trying to grab him. Not much he can do about it though, although Irene'll have little success trying to drag him towards her.