PDA

View Full Version : A question on Strip 501

Saknussem
2009-05-19, 05:06 PM
I know, I know...it is OLD. Sorry. I have been re-re-re-re-reading the strips from #1. Anyhow, the happy couple (well, trio to be precise, though only two of em get married) is married. To mark their continued contributions to the fleet, Hinjo ennobles them and they form the House Kato. I don't get what is wrong with forming House Daigo. Am I missing some in-joke here? Some pun? Will someone please explain? Thank you!

By the way, Mr. Burlew, I grew up in Queens Village, just south of you. Do you know a tavern called The Harp and Mandolin? Is it still there? I used to go there when I attended QCC. Now I live in CA and there are no good Irish pubs anywhere. Woe is me.

The MunchKING
2009-05-19, 05:07 PM
Diago is his first name. Hinjo is about to reveal Diago's Last name, which Diago has stated he wants to keep a secret, seeing how revealing his first name bought him out of a Red-shirt Death.

Aaron
2009-05-19, 05:34 PM
Just so you know, the "Red-shirt Death incident" The MunchKING is refering to is in Comic 472 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0472.html).

shadzar
2009-05-19, 06:04 PM
Star Trek references in D&D related things. got to love them! even funnier when the captains started wearing red shirts, and it became yellow shirts that died instead. (poor Tasha)

blue-shirts were mostly safe no matter which federation ship you were on. :smallwink:

Saknussem
2009-05-19, 06:08 PM
Cool! Thanks for clearing that up! I guess though, that no one knows about The Harp and Mandolin. I don't think it is there anymore. More's the pity. It used to be a really neat place for a Guinness and Shepherd's Pie (and they had awesome lasagna for an Irish pub too!). Slainte!