PDA

View Full Version : I made these spells.... rate them please?

Cowboy_ninja
2006-08-04, 01:57 PM
Mistaken Identity
Enchantment (Compulsion) [ Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Duration: 1hr/lvl
Range: close (30 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: One targeted creature, which can be more
than 30 ft. apart

The target of this spell sees and thinks another creature
Is another creature of the same type (humanoid,
monstrous humanoid), you (the caster) determine
what the target sees and hears from one creature
+3/lvl. For example tom the 6bard cast this spell
on Trog the Orc barbarian. Tom determines that
Trog sees Tom and his two friends (because he
is lvl 6 so he can make trog see 1 +2 more creatures
the way he wants) as fellow orcs via the alter
self spell. However only Trog sees them this way and
this spell does not give tom and his comrades the
physical qualities of the form tom has chosen for
them. In fact tom’s comrades have no idea what
is happening accept that Tom has cast a spell and the orc isnt attacking them now.
Trog’s partner will not be effected by this illusion and
will seem tom and his comrades as they really are
(but will probably wonder why Trog is just standing
there). Will save negates. If Trog’s partner tries to
Convince Trog what is really there (move equivalent) Trog gets another
Will save with a +4 bonus.

Mistaken Terrain
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 6
Duration: 1hr/lvl
Range: close (30 ft. + 10 ft. /level)
Targets: One targeted creature

The target of this spell sees and thinks it current surroundings are different than they actually are, you (the caster) determine what the target sees and hears from the surrounding area as if it was effected by the mirage arcane spell. For example tom the bard casts this spell
on Trog the Orc barbarian. Tom determines that
Trog sees a jungle dense with trees instead of the cave tunnel he was guarding. If there are other people in the area tom may designate them as invisible to Trog, as trees or some other motionless structure, standing there as normal, or altered via the mistaken identity spell. will save negates. If someone tries to convince Trog what is really there (move equivalent) Trog gets another will with a +4 bonus.

i think i got the basic point across as to what i want them to do. if they are over/under powered let me know. i would like to make them lower lvl spells if possible too.

Azrael
2006-08-04, 02:05 PM
Good spells, bad techincal write up and even worse text. It'd give them a 6/10.

Cowboy_ninja
2006-08-04, 02:35 PM
i wrote these spells in a min. i dont plan on sending these to wizards of the coast or nothing, so text and technical write up aren't that important to me ( thogh if anyone wants to take the time and rewrite em id appreciate it) all i really would like to know is a simple fair or unfair. if its unfair explain which side it is unfair to. the person casting it (underpowered) or the person on the reciveing end of it (overpowered)

thanks in advance for all your opinions .... whatever they may be......( be gentle )

NullAshton
2006-08-04, 03:10 PM
Second one is the same as Hallucinatory Terrain, which is 4th level and affects anyone that views that terrain. First one is the same as veil which is a 6th level spell, can affect one or more creatures, and the creatures can assume the appearance of any creature.

Cathrindir
2006-08-04, 03:11 PM
First one: 87/100.
Second one: Too much like Hallucinatory Terrain for my liking. 57/100.
Still, really great ideas.

chaiyo
2006-08-04, 03:14 PM
Hm. I seem to get the gist of Mistaken Identity, and Mistaken Terrain is both straightforward in theory and open-ended in practice. However, you seem to not have mastered the stat blocks for spells, though I've seen worse.

You have missing from your spells: Casting Time, Components, Saves, and Spell Resistance. Yes, I see the Save information in the text, but that should be at the top.

Also, I'd think that Mistaken Identity would have a duration of 10 minutes/level. What you have currently doesn't seem natural.

EDIT: I think what you're trying to do is make some illusion spells be full enchantments. I wonder if you were modeling Mistaken Identity after one of The Giant's Illusions. (http://www.giantitp.com/Func0024.html)