PDA

View Full Version : new feat: Sucker punch

Seraph
2006-08-03, 05:29 PM
Sucker Punch
general

Prerequisites: Sneak Attack class ability, Improved Unarmed Strike, 8+ ranks in Bluff

Benefit: when in melee combat in an opponent, the character fast talks the enemy into temporarily lowering their guard. the character makes a bluff check (DC 10 + enemy sense motive ranks). if they succeed, the enemy loses his Dex bonus to AC and the character makes a single unarmed attack against the enemy at their highest attack bonus, adding sneak attack damage. if hit, the target must make a balance check (DC = damage dealt) or fall prone. if the bluff check fails, the terget recieves a free attack of opportunity against the player.

this can only be used against a given opponent a number of times equal to 1 + their wisdom penalty, to a minimum of 1 time per enemy. forthermore, it can only be used if the character and enemy both know the same language.

jdrich
2006-08-03, 05:34 PM
the character makes a bluff check (DC 15 + enemy Wisdom score).

This is a highly unconventional method of determining a DC.

The feat is very wordy and has some holes. I'd suggest re-writing it.

Durin_Deathless
2006-08-03, 05:42 PM
do u rly mean wisdow score or just the mod. maybe sence motive would be better

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-03, 05:49 PM
*rolls eyes*

Someone did a Bitch Slap a while ago that was sort of like this... I think...

But yes, you worded it so that they can only use it against people with a negative wisdom bonus, I recommend you fix it. Also make the base DC easier, like 10 + Wisdom score. I agree with the above in that Wisdom Score modifying the DC is... not a very stable method, maybe DC 15 + Sense Motive ranks?.

And ^, this is a forum post not a chat message... "u" and "rly" arent generally good Message Board form.

Seraph
2006-08-03, 05:53 PM
But yes, you worded it so that they can only use it against people with a negative wisdom bonus, I recommend you fix it. Also make the base DC easier, like 10 + Wisdom score. I agree with the above in that Wisdom Score modifying the DC is... not a very stable method, maybe DC 15 + Sense Motive ranks?.

I'll fix the DC. also, I thought I worded it so you can use it at least once against an enemy, it's just that a wisdom penalty means they're gullible to keep falling for it.

NullAshton
2006-08-03, 05:56 PM
This is basically a feint. Why not just make a feat that requires a fortitude save at DC damage dealt, or fall prone?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-03, 07:05 PM
...what opponent is going to be idiotic enough to believe that the guy with the knife who stabbed him a second ago isn't going to stab him again because he says so?

TheThan
2006-08-03, 07:20 PM
Seems like it should only useable during the first round of combat, or to initiate combat.