PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Free online Monster/NPC generator

Dingle100
2009-05-20, 08:33 AM
I've recently created a monster/NPC generator for D&D 3.5, it allows adding HD for monsters and adding character levels, skills and stats are automatically calculated depending on a skill focus selected. The monsters can then be fine tuned (changing stats, adding feats, changing armour and weapons). This tool is free to use I would very much welcome any feed back Good :smallsmile: or Bad:smallredface: This is an ongoing project so any feedback to make it better/easier to use would be very useful.
You can have a play at http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/MonsterGenerator/dnd35/
I hope you find the tool useful.
P.S. There is also a treasure generator on the site (also free).

Trodon
2009-05-20, 03:59 PM
wow thats awesome

Nohwl
2009-05-20, 06:58 PM
awesome. i don't have to spend as much time making treasure or creating the villains.

Starscream
2009-05-20, 07:12 PM
That's really cool. The only other thing I've seen that can do this is Monsterforge, and its interface isn't nearly as user friendly as yours is (its basically a big Excel spreadsheet).

Froogleyboy
2009-05-20, 07:15 PM
That is pure awesomeness

Drogorn
2009-05-20, 07:31 PM
Very nice! Any chance of including psionics for some Illithid action?

Coidzor
2009-05-20, 08:59 PM
It does seem to be very well made.

Hmm, maybe add in shield-bash as one of the possible weapons. Though that's a minor point. Maybe masterwork being included the next time you expand upon it...

Seems to be fairly together right now and there don't seem to be any glaring problems. So that's a plus...hmm....

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 08:44 AM
It does seem to be very well made.

Hmm, maybe add in shield-bash as one of the possible weapons. Though that's a minor point. Maybe masterwork being included the next time you expand upon it...

Seems to be fairly together right now and there don't seem to be any glaring problems. So that's a plus...hmm....

Thanks for the comments Coidzor, I've added in shields to the weapons. Masterwork weapons can be added by just giving the weapon a +1 magic bonus to hit. Masterwork armour and shield can be simulated by giving the armour/shield a bonus of +0.1 this won't effect the AC but will effect the armour check penalty.

Thanks for everyone for the positve feedback :smallsmile:

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 08:46 AM
Very nice! Any chance of including psionics for some Illithid action?

Thanks for the comment Drogorn. I can only use the core D&D 3.5 books because of copyright issues so daren't add psionics or else they could close down my site.:smallfrown: Sorry about this.

Drogorn
2009-05-21, 11:49 AM
Psionics are on the srd though...

Frog Dragon
2009-05-21, 11:57 AM
And how about the PRC:s from the DMG? That's core.

RS14
2009-05-21, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the comment Drogorn. I can only use the core D&D 3.5 books because of copyright issues so daren't add psionics or else they could close down my site.:smallfrown: Sorry about this.

Drogorn is right, you can use certain psionics.

Actually, not all of core is published under the OGL, unfortunately. In particular, beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, kuo-toa, mind flayer, slaad, umber hulk, and yuan-ti are considered "product identity." They are not OGL material, and are not published in the SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35). On the other hand, game rules are not subject to copyright. On the other hand, these names and such may be trademarked. All that is to say that your inclusion of these aforementioned monsters in your generator may or may not be legitimate. And whether or not it is, WotC may or may not feel that it is. I really don't know.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

RTGoodman
2009-05-21, 12:04 PM

Uh, that's not QUITE how it works. Everything that's usable by third parties and homebrewers and stuff like that is the stuff covered by the Open Gaming License (http://www.d20srd.org/ogl.htm) and included in the System Reference Document (http://www.d20srd.org/).

As of now, you've included some stuff that they, in fact, could "shut you down" (or at least send you a C&D about) for using - the Beholder, the Mind Flayer, and several others, for instance, which are WotC's "product identity." Psionics, though, and all the class variants in Unearthed Arcana, and a lot feats and stuff from the Epic Level Handbook and Deities & Demigods, COULD be used, since it's in the SRD.

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 12:18 PM
Uh, that's not QUITE how it works. Everything that's usable by third parties and homebrewers and stuff like that is the stuff covered by the Open Gaming License (http://www.d20srd.org/ogl.htm) and included in the System Reference Document (http://www.d20srd.org/).

As of now, you've included some stuff that they, in fact, could "shut you down" (or at least send you a C&D about) for using - the Beholder, the Mind Flayer, and several others, for instance, which are WotC's "product identity." Psionics, though, and all the class variants in Unearthed Arcana, and a lot feats and stuff from the Epic Level Handbook and Deities & Demigods, COULD be used, since it's in the SRD.

I'll have a look into Psionics then, I've never actually used them myself as I've normally stuck to the core rules. Thanks for the warning, I suppose I should remove or rename?? some monsters.

Xallace
2009-05-21, 12:40 PM
This is great! This page is now bookmarked.

Though "Initiative" is spelled wrong. I have trouble with that word too.

Anyway, yeah, check out the SRD. I'd love to see some of that added in.

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 04:59 PM

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error. I have to admit my spelling is bad (Just check out the magic item generator and you'll see). :smallredface:
I've had a quick look at the SRD and was a bit taken aback at the psionics section, it's pretty big. The good news is that (I think) it could quite easily be incorporated into the generator so at some point I'll get around to it. It will just mean a lot of typing into tables.
PS Does any one know if there is a file any where with d&d data in an importable form that is not copywrited? Something like this could save weeks of work (and reduce the spelling mistakes).

RTGoodman
2009-05-21, 05:22 PM
PS Does any one know if there is a file any where with d&d data in an importable form that is not copywrited? Something like this could save weeks of work (and reduce the spelling mistakes).

Well, Wizards has all (or most, I'm not sure) of the SRD on their website for download, all in .RTF format. I think there are a few SRD mirror sites that have everything for download in .TXT format, but you'd have to look for them (http://systemreferencedocuments.org/index.htm?35.htm).

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 05:26 PM

I am planning on doing presige classes, I've already started work on how to do this, so hopefully will have them working in a month or so. :smallsmile:
At the moment I'm typing in the spells and working on including magic items to the generator.

What would be very useful to me is to know what you (the people who are using it) would like as a priority.
At the moment these are:
1. Spell tables
2. Splitting the generator into monster (Just add HD) and NPC (HD and levels)
3. Magic Items
4. Enable the saving of monsters
5. Prestige classes
6. Other classes

Any comments would be very useful and may well effect my priorities.

Xallace
2009-05-21, 05:42 PM
I'd actually like to see the remainder of the monsters added before anything else. I noticed some creatures that are part of the SRD are missing, such as nymphs and most of the animals (though not crocodiles...).

From your list, I'd like to say keep on with the spells and magic items, that's a REALLY big part of why my NPCs take so long.

Man, I can't get over how awesomely convenient this thing is. You deserve a medal of some kind.

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 05:51 PM
Well, Wizards has all (or most, I'm not sure) of the SRD on their website for download, all in .RTF format. I think there are a few SRD mirror sites that have everything for download in .TXT format, but you'd have to look for them (http://systemreferencedocuments.org/index.htm?35.htm).

Thanks for this. I will look around to see what I can find in .TXT format. I doubt I can do too much with the .RTF format but it will still be usefull :smallsmile:

Dingle100
2009-05-21, 06:32 PM
I'd actually like to see the remainder of the monsters added before anything else. I noticed some creatures that are part of the SRD are missing, such as nymphs and most of the animals (though not crocodiles...).

From your list, I'd like to say keep on with the spells and magic items, that's a REALLY big part of why my NPCs take so long.

Man, I can't get over how awesomely convenient this thing is. You deserve a medal of some kind.

Thanks for the feedback I'll spend more time adding in the monsters (it can get a bit boring thats why I've not done any for a while) I have just added the Nymph and a few more animals though :smallsmile:. I'll make an effort to add in a few monsters every day. It's got to be done after all.

Dingle100
2009-05-23, 11:46 AM
Drogorn is right, you can use certain psionics.

Actually, not all of core is published under the OGL, unfortunately. In particular, beholder, gauth, carrion crawler, displacer beast, githyanki, githzerai, kuo-toa, mind flayer, slaad, umber hulk, and yuan-ti are considered "product identity." They are not OGL material, and are not published in the SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35). On the other hand, game rules are not subject to copyright. On the other hand, these names and such may be trademarked. All that is to say that your inclusion of these aforementioned monsters in your generator may or may not be legitimate. And whether or not it is, WotC may or may not feel that it is. I really don't know.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

:smalleek:
Is it just the names that are copywrited? Do you know if I can just change them slightly maybe?
Beholder = Floating eye
Umber hulk = Umber beast
Kua-toa = Fish man
yuan-ti = Snake man

Dingle100
2009-06-01, 02:44 PM

I've fixed "Initiative" :smallredface: and also added in all PHB spells to a new version of the generator. This can be found under NPC Generator on the site http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
The magic items will very soon be added to the NPC Generator.

Dragonus45
2009-06-01, 08:20 PM
I love you, i love you i love you. I love you i love you i love you.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Dingle100
2009-06-09, 12:35 PM
I love you, i love you i love you. I love you i love you i love you.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Thanks Dragonus45,

I've now added Magic Items to the NPC generator you can have a play at
http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/

Let me know what you think :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2009-06-11, 03:40 PM
Seems pretty nifty what you've done with magic items, though I'd maybe have rods, staves, and wands separated for ease of navigation.

What is the gp limit on magic items based off of?

Dixieboy
2009-06-11, 04:04 PM
Why does my Elven aristocrat have 9 ranks in climb? :smallredface:

Eldariel
2009-06-11, 04:19 PM

All Elves are xpert climbers. Your office is in a tree.

Dingle100
2009-06-11, 04:49 PM
Seems pretty nifty what you've done with magic items, though I'd maybe have rods, staves, and wands separated for ease of navigation.

What is the gp limit on magic items based off of?

The magic Items limit at the moment is based on the NPC gear value in the DMG but instead of level I've substituted CR. This is not perfect but does give a rough idea of GP. I'm currently updating the monsters with the treasure type so will soon be able to give a more accurate Maximum GP.

I was thinking of sorting the magic items by value would this be more helpful?

I can splt the wands/rods and staffs up, (maybe 1 staff 3 wands and 1 rod?)

Dingle100
2009-06-11, 04:59 PM

Hmm... that should not have happened.
I don't suppose you printed the NPC off if you did paste it into a reply and I'll have a look. Do you remember what type of Aristocrat it was?

Did you give him a ring of improved climbing? That would do the trick.

When Reclculated any magic item that effects a skill will automatically add the skill into the usable skills and give a Misc bonus to the total of the item. Any magic item that effect stats will adjust the stats. A magic item that adds a feat will give a free feat. The adjustments only stack if they are of different types.

Dixieboy
2009-06-11, 05:02 PM
All Elves are xpert climbers. Your office is in a tree.
Good one

And the tower shield/heavy armor proficiency?

Dixieboy
2009-06-11, 05:04 PM
Hmm... that should not have happened.
I don't suppose you printed the NPC off if you did paste it into a reply and I'll have a look. Do you remember what type of Aristocrat it was?

Did you give him a ring of climbing? That would do the trick.

I gave him nothing, he's a 15th level Aristocrat Aristocrat.

Appraise -1 - -1 -
Bluff 11 9 2 -
Climb 12 9 6 -3
Diplomacy 9 3 2 4
Disguise 7 3 2 2
Forgery -1 - -1 -
Gather Information 5 3 2 -
Handle Animal 2 - 2 -
Intimidate 7 3 2 2
Know arcana -1 - -1 -
Know arch & eng -1 - -1 -
Know geography -1 - -1 -
Know history -1 - -1 -
Know local -1 - -1 -
Know nobility 8 9 -1 -
Know religion -1 - -1 -
Listen 3 3 - -
Perform 2 - 2 -
Ride 8 9 -1 -
Sense Motive 0 - - -
Spot 3 3 - -
Swim 0 - 6 -6

He also has toughness and heavy armor/tower shield proficiency as well as weapon focus...

His stats are
Str: 23
Dex: 8
Con: 15
Int: 8
Cha: 14

Dingle100
2009-06-11, 05:29 PM
I gave him nothing, he's a 15th level Aristocrat Aristocrat.

Appraise -1 - -1 -
Bluff 11 9 2 -
Climb 12 9 6 -3
Diplomacy 9 3 2 4
Disguise 7 3 2 2
Forgery -1 - -1 -
Gather Information 5 3 2 -
Handle Animal 2 - 2 -
Intimidate 7 3 2 2
Know arcana -1 - -1 -
Know arch & eng -1 - -1 -
Know geography -1 - -1 -
Know history -1 - -1 -
Know local -1 - -1 -
Know nobility 8 9 -1 -
Know religion -1 - -1 -
Listen 3 3 - -
Perform 2 - 2 -
Ride 8 9 -1 -
Sense Motive 0 - - -
Spot 3 3 - -
Swim 0 - 6 -6

He also has toughness and heavy armor/tower shield proficiency as well as weapon focus...

His stats are
Str: 23
Dex: 8
Con: 15
Int: 8
Cha: 14

I've just tried one and it worked OK so the only thing I can think of is that the skills have been corrupted by someone else using the generator at the same time.
This error should not happen because I give every one a unique user Id (based on time). I'll have to do some more tests on this. Thanks for pointing it out, but it looks as if you've found a bug:smallredface:
[edit]
One other thing did you change the stats yourself or were they the ones generated?

Eldariel
2009-06-11, 05:31 PM
Good one

And the tower shield/heavy armor proficiency?

You need to protect yourself from the squirrels (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=31836) (trust me, they are scary).

Dixieboy
2009-06-11, 06:18 PM
I've just tried one and it worked OK so the only thing I can think of is that the skills have been corrupted by someone else using the generator at the same time.
This error should not happen because I give every one a unique user Id (based on time). I'll have to do some more tests on this. Thanks for pointing it out, but it looks as if you've found a bug:smallredface:
[edit]
One other thing did you change the stats yourself or were they the ones generated?

Generated.

Dingle100
2009-06-11, 07:02 PM
Generated.

Thanks Dixieboy,
OK those stats are not of an Elf aristocrat I'm not sure what monster it is.
It is possible that when you selected the monster the site was a bit slow and selected the wrong monster (I've done this a few times) or the generator got mighty confused because someone had the same key.

Is it also possible that you were you in the generator in 2 sessions at the same time? Maybe creating 2 monsters - this would definitely produce some interesting results as they would use the same temporary tables and get merged.

The Default elf aristrocrat at 15th level is

Elf (Medium )
Aristocrat level 15 (skill points 90) Aristocrat
Hit die: 0d8+15d8+-15(hp)
Init: 0
Speed: 30
AC: 12 + Leather + Shield, none
AC flat footed :12
AC Touch: 10
Base Attack/Grapple: 11/11
Attack: +11 Longsword 1d8
or +11 Longbow 1d8
Full attack: +11/6/1 Longsword 1d8
or +11/6/1 Longbow 1d8(range )
Space/Reach: 5/5
Special Attacks:
Special Qualities: Immunity to Sleep, Low-light Vision , Resistance to Enchantments +2,
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +8
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 10, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 9, Chr 16
Skills: Appraise 1, Bluff 21, Diplomacy 25, Disguise 10, Forgery 1, Gather Information 8, Handle Animal 3, Intimidate 10, Know arcana 1, Know arch & eng 1, Know geography 1, Know history 1, Know local 1, Know nobility 19, Know religion 1, Listen 4, Perform 3, Ride 18, Search 3, Sense Motive -1, Spot 1, Swim 0,
Feats: Armour prof heavy, Armour prof light, Armour prof medium, Martial Weap Prof, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency,
CR: 7.5
Spells Known:
Aristocrat
Spells

This is becoming a bit of a mystery (maybe the Elf is part Ogre it could be an interesting twist to the campaign :smallwink:).

I would like to fix the problem though :smallconfused:.
Has any one else also had some funny creations??

Dingle100
2009-06-13, 06:43 PM
Generated.
Hi Dixieboy, thanks for the help!
I've been thinking about the Elf (Ogre) climbing aristocrat problem :smallconfused:. I now remember having a similar problem, it was to do with the monster selected getting overwriiten because I had two cookies set up on my computer with the same key. I thought i'd fixed the problem in the latest release though.

I've got a few more questions to ask to help me track down the problem:
Did you recently create this NPC? and were you using the new NPC Generator or the monster generator? Also are you still having problems?

TSED
2009-06-13, 08:26 PM
I tried to generate a random guy.

Choker, Wizard 19, Sorcerer 20.

Result:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function magicAttr() in /usr/share/wordpress2.7/wp-content/themes/dinglesgames/library/dddisNPC.php on line 477

Might want to fix that?

EDIT:: Same thing at Wiz 19, Sorc 1, and Wiz17 Barb 1. I don't know.

Dingle100
2009-06-13, 09:07 PM

Result:

Might want to fix that?

Thanks for pointing out the error it looks as if I've managed to brake the addition of a second class when I added in the magic items :smallredface:. I'll try and fix it tomorrow. (I daren't look at now as I've just polished off a bottle of red wine:smallsmile:)

krko
2009-06-14, 02:40 AM
This is quite nice. :smallsmile:
A suggestion: can you combine the natural spellcasting abilities of monsters with base classes.
ex.
A Nymph casts as druid of level 7. If I give it 6 levels of druid it should show that it should have the spellcasting capability of a 13th level druid, rather than that of a level 6 one.

Dingle100
2009-06-14, 08:40 AM

Result:

Might want to fix that?

I've (hopefully) fixed this now. I also think it was the same problem that caused the ELF/Ogre climbing Aristocrat. I'd missed making one of the programs live.
If any one has any more problems please let me know so I can fix them. I don't spend too much time playing with the generator as i'm working full time improving it (testing programs was always my weakness :smallsigh: )

Dingle100
2009-06-14, 08:49 AM
This is quite nice. :smallsmile:
A suggestion: can you combine the natural spellcasting abilities of monsters with base classes.
ex.
A Nymph casts as druid of level 7. If I give it 6 levels of druid it should show that it should have the spellcasting capability of a 13th level druid, rather than that of a level 6 one.

Thanks for the suggestion krko I was wondering when someone would ask for this. I've been thinking about ways to do it for a while, now you've pointed it out I think I'd better get back to working on it.

Dingle100
2009-06-17, 12:23 PM

I've now also added in templates so you can create a wereboar hill giant.

You can have a play at
Tell me what you think and also if you have any problems or find any errors

Thanks

Mond
2009-06-20, 08:24 AM
hey dingle, great work!!! love it...

couple of quick comments

would it be possible to add Scrolls/Potions to items?

also, when I generate the text stat block it appears that hit dice get generated but the actual amount of hit points does not.

Dingle100
2009-06-20, 09:31 AM

couple of quick comments

also, when I generate the text stat block it appears that hit dice get generated but the actual amount of hit points does not.

Thanks Mond,
I've just fixed the hit points problem on the Plain Text page. Thankyou for pointing it out :smallsmile:.
Magic Potions should be quite easy for me to add, I'll start working on them.

Scrolls I'll have to think about though, a huge list of spells seems a bit over the top and having scrolls selections per level and type would clutter up the site. I could just put a price againt a spell level (e.g. Level 1 - 25gp Level 2 - 150gp, etc) but that would not include costs of material components.
Any ideas anyone??

Dingle100
2009-06-20, 04:38 PM

couple of quick comments

Potions are now available

Coidzor
2009-06-20, 04:52 PM
Thanks Mond,
I've just fixed the hit points problem on the Plain Text page. Thankyou for pointing it out :smallsmile:.
Magic Potions should be quite easy for me to add, I'll start working on them.

Scrolls I'll have to think about though, a huge list of spells seems a bit over the top and having scrolls selections per level and type would clutter up the site. I could just put a price againt a spell level (e.g. Level 1 - 25gp Level 2 - 150gp, etc) but that would not include costs of material components.
Any ideas anyone??

I'd say if you're going to do that as a simplification to streamline the site, then maybe add in a disclaimer about it and then just leave it up to the DM's discretion about what to be on the scrolls, and not worry much about any extra material component costs...

Agrippa
2009-06-20, 07:22 PM
I'm coming to really like your monster/NPC generator I just have one little problem. Why didn't you include the ogre mage in your program?

Dingle100
2009-06-20, 07:37 PM
I'm coming to really like your monster/NPC generator I just have one little problem. Why didn't you include the ogre mage in your program?

There is a good reason for this Arrippa. The Ogre Mage is an Ogre + a Sorcerer class.
So you can make it your self with the generator.
The NPC Generator http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/ (http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/) would be best so you can add in spells. Create it as a an elite monster to make sure it has a good Chr and can cast the spells. You could also create a Ogre/Wizard or even an Ogre/Cleric.

Agrippa
2009-06-20, 10:50 PM
Interestly enough "ogre magi" were based off of a pre-existing demon from Japanese folklore called an oni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(folklore)). If you want you could think of ogre magi (oni) as highly evolved ogres who moved to Japan or you could think of Western ogres as mentally retarded inbred oni who moved to Europe. Of course Gary Gygax is the man who dubbed them ogre magi in D&D to begain with and he may have intended a relation between the two.

Other links.
[1] (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/429220/oni)
[2] (http://www2.kanawa.com/japan/critter.html)
[3] (http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Oni:Japanese:folklore.htm)
[4] (http://www.indopedia.org/Oni_(Japanese_folklore).html)

http://park5.wakwak.com/~semilog/japan/oni.jpg

P.S. I was thinking of an oni Big Bad bent on world conquest aided by various supernatual or magical followers from around the world. His Dragons include a bannished Seelie noble and Koschei the Deathless (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei) and his Brute is a redcap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redcap) with his own mob.

Dingle100
2009-06-23, 06:29 AM
Interestly enough "ogre magi" were based off of a pre-existing demon from Japanese folklore called an oni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(folklore)). If you want you could think of ogre magi (oni) as highly evolved ogres who moved to Japan or you could think of Western ogres as mentally retarded inbred oni who moved to Europe. Of course Gary Gygax is the man who dubbed them ogre magi in D&D to begain with and he may have intended a relation between the two.

Other links.
[1] (http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/429220/oni)
[2] (http://www2.kanawa.com/japan/critter.html)
[3] (http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Oni:Japanese:folklore.htm)
[4] (http://www.indopedia.org/Oni_(Japanese_folklore).html)

http://park5.wakwak.com/~semilog/japan/oni.jpg

P.S. I was thinking of an oni Big Bad bent on world conquest aided by various supernatual or magical followers from around the world. His Dragons include a bannished Seelie noble and Koschei the Deathless (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei) and his Brute is a redcap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redcap) with his own mob.

Yes I remember the Ad&d old ogre mage was completly different, Invis at will Cone of cold, fly (i think) a true adversary. I've given away my old Ad&d books (grumbles) so I cant check it out.

Dingle100
2009-06-25, 07:55 PM

I think I've got most of the monsters in now (from MM1). Only missing some of the bigger ones and some templates I've not got around to converting yet. If any one finds missing ones please let me know. http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
I will be adding in the automatic adjustments by size. and their advancement HD (as a selection list), within the next couple of days to the NPC generator (str, dex, con, Natural AC) all will be adjusted when the monster is recalculated. I'm just tesing it at the moment.

Dingle100
2009-06-26, 09:39 PM
I think I've got most of the monsters in now (from MM1). Only missing some of the bigger ones and some templates I've not got around to converting yet. If any one finds missing ones please let me know. http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/
I will be adding in the automatic adjustments by size. and their advancement HD (as a selection list), within the next couple of days to the NPC generator (str, dex, con, Natural AC) all will be adjusted when the monster is recalculated. I'm just tesing it at the moment.

The automatic adjustments by size and the Selection list for monster that advance by hit dice are now working on the NPC Generator

Dingle100
2009-10-07, 08:37 PM
I've now added a D&D 3.5 Encounter Generator / 3.5 Rogues Gallery with 700+ ready created NPC's
http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/encounter-generator/

You can now also save your PC's onto your own on-line library.

I've also created a monster creation tool which enables you to add in any monster / template to the generator.

http://www.dinglesgames.com/

Dingle100
2009-12-11, 09:34 PM
I've upgraded the NPC Generator to include most Prestige classes, I've also added all the evil dragons, all age categories (I just ripped a 13th level party apart with a mature red dragon).
Dingles NPC Generator (http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/)
I'm now working on a Pathfinder version of the NPC generator. It should be up and running in about 4 weeks I reckon. I've only just got the books through.

Dingle100
2009-12-11, 10:08 PM

I've now upgraded the NPC Generator to now include most Prestige classes (I'll be adding in the rest soon), I've also added all the evil dragons, all age categories.
Dingles NPC Generator (http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPCGenerator/dnd35/)
I'm now working on a Pathfinder version of the NPC generator. It should be up and running in about 4 weeks I reckon. I've only just got the books through.

jeek
2009-12-12, 10:13 AM
Does any one know if there is a file any where with d&d data in an importable form that is not copywrited? Something like this could save weeks of work (and reduce the spelling mistakes).

http://www.andargor.com/