PDA

View Full Version : A horrible realization... (speculation)

TheSummoner
2009-05-20, 11:48 AM
SoD spoilers enclosed.

For those of you who have read SoD, or are like me and haven't read it, but have a habit of reading spoilers from it, you know the Xykon put a spell on the MitD so if Redcloak ever tries to destroy his phylactery, the monster will eat Redcloak and spit it out.

Is it possible that the monster might do this to O'Chul?

Zerg Cookie
2009-05-20, 11:50 AM
There is no such spell
SoD spoilers:
Xykon casted a spell on Monster-San that if Redcloak ever betrays him, Monster-San will eat him and spit his holy symbol.
So no, Monster-San won't eat O-Chul

Also, because Monster-San likes O-Chul, he'll probably get a new save and not do it anyway, even if you were right

TheSummoner
2009-05-20, 11:53 AM
See... this is the kind of misunderstanding that happens when I get all of my SoD information from spoilers instead of getting it myself =/

Vonotar
2009-05-20, 01:06 PM
It's a bit of a stretch buuuuut...
RC left Xykon's phylactery behind, in the hands of an enemy on a rampage with a big metal pole, when he teleported.
Depending on how well set up the spell is, that could count. I'd go more in depth but I seem to have forgotten how to do spoiler boxes.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-20, 01:10 PM
text
I don't think this would could as a betrayal, Redcloak is not destroying the philactery. He's not even enabling its destruction, he entered the room, was attacked and it was left behind when he escaped.

Linkavitch
2009-05-20, 01:10 PM
I'd go more in depth but I seem to have forgotten how to do spoiler boxes.

You do it like this:

something here [ /spoiler]

Except no space between the backslash and the third square parentheses thingie.

[SPOILER]like this!

ninja'd by Muave shirt.

David Argall
2009-05-20, 05:27 PM
Spells are quite precise in their wording and meaning. A spell that says "Redcloak" is worthless in dealing with "O-Chul".