PDA

View Full Version : Race for my avatar?

Nocte
2006-08-02, 01:57 PM
May someone make a race for my avatar please?

LA+0

It's like a humanoid raccoon. Size: Small or Tiny.

Thomas
2006-08-02, 02:00 PM
You mean it's essentially a thieving, chittering, verminous humanoid mammal?

Those are called kender.

Nocte
2006-08-02, 02:04 PM
Yep. Maybe this should be Tiny, dont use clothes and is not inmune to fear.

Hario
2006-08-02, 02:05 PM
Umm tiny races almost always have a +1 LA...

Nocte
2006-08-02, 02:15 PM
Maybe it would have to be just small.

Piccamo
2006-08-02, 02:34 PM
Raccoonite
+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
Small: As a Small creature, a raccoonite gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Low-Light Vision: A racconite can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Racconite base land speed is 20 ft.
Racconite base climb speed is 10 ft.
+2 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Spot, and Survival checks.
+8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A racconite may take 10 on her climb check even when threatened.
+2 racial bonus on saving throws to endure Cold effects due to the environment.

Does that fit your avatar?

Nocte
2006-08-02, 03:29 PM
Yes it does. Thanks

Is't there something to say about the tail?

Maybe a balance bonus, or something more interesting. :P

Piccamo
2006-08-02, 03:36 PM
Can't give it too many more benefits and it doesn't really serve quite the same purpose as other creature's tails. The greatest assistance the tail gives a raccoon is when climbing and there is already a +4 to that on there. You don't need too many ranks in balance to be good at it; 5 ranks will get you past most things and give you a synergy bonus.

Nocte
2006-08-02, 03:48 PM
Then it's ok.

Thanks Piccamo.

I'm still open to other interpretations. :D

broderickdruce
2006-08-02, 04:10 PM
Yep, It's a Kender, it's just in disguise.

MrNexx
2006-08-02, 04:33 PM
Raccoonite
Small: As a Small creature, a raccoonite gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Low-Light Vision: A racconite can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
+4 racial bonus on Climb checks. A racconite may take 10 on her climb check even when threatened.

Should have a +8 to climb checks due to the climb speed.

Nocte
2006-08-02, 04:34 PM
Yep, It's a Kender, it's just in disguise.

I don't think this one should have the inmunity to fear or the concentration penalty.

And I tough the tail makes some diference. Like the climb thing.

Piccamo
2006-08-02, 04:53 PM
Should have a +8 to climb checks due to the climb speed.

Thanks. I fixed it. I'm at work with no books and the SRD site is blocked by filter so I was going from memory :P

Nocte
2006-08-02, 05:28 PM
Aren't they to many skill bonuses?

Hario
2006-08-02, 05:54 PM
Raccoonite
+8 racial bonus on Climb checks. A racconite may take 10 on her climb check even when threatened.

I would say that's a +1 LA big on the +8 on climb checks, these guys would make insane rogues though... I'd scrap the ST's on cold first off... :/

Overlord
2006-08-02, 06:38 PM
That's a really cool race idea, Nocte. It is a bit too good IMO, when you compare it to a halfling. The bonuses to Listen, Hide, Move Silently and Spot are equal to the halfling, but the raccoonite gets a bonus to Survival on top of that. The rest of the halfling bonuses are probably roughly equal to the bonus to climb and the climb speed, but again, the raccoonite gets a bonus to endure cold-related environment saves. That's not quite good enough for a level adjustment though. You could give them a -2 to a mental score and a bite attack (plus maybe a 30 base speed like a kobold if the bite isn't good enough), but I'm not quite sure which ability. Wisdom wouldn't be that good of a choice, since it's the key ability for survival, and raccoons are pretty crafty as well. Intelligence wouldn't be much better, since, again, they're pretty smart. And while raccoons can be pretty mean sometimes, this is balanced out by the cute and cuddly factor. So Charisma is a bad choice as well. That leaves either Constitution or another -2 to Strength (for a -4 total penalty). I don't know about Con. They don't exactly seem like wimpy animals. I mean, they eat garbage! Strength, however, could be pretty good. You just have to decide whether or not these guys are weaker physically than halflings and gnomes.

By the way, they also need a languages list and a favored class. Rogue seems like a obvious choice, but I think that Scout would be perfect, if you have Complete Adventurer. They would get Survival as a class skill, and Scout emphasizes the nature and movement theme. I can't help you with the languages, though.

Adventurer. They would get Survival as a class skill, and Scout emphasizes the nature and movement theme. I can't help you with the languages, though.

MagFlare
2006-08-02, 07:26 PM
Civvits
While these small, raccoonlike humanoids are often accused of thievery, their society prizes composers and musicians over all other trades. Many civvits have discovered great fame as wandering troubadours, plying their music throughout the lands; some make a little extra money on the side as messengers and - admittedly - "acquirers of inadequately attended objects."

Traditionally, the only civvits who wear clothes are political and religious leaders, who wear vests denoting their station. Adventuring civvits recognize the value of pockets and frequently wear a bandolier for scrolls, crossbow bolts, and other such necessities; they also wear armor, if grudgingly.

+2 Dex, +2 Cha, -4 Str. Civvits are nimble and have ingratiating personalities, but are physically weak by the standards of other races.
Small: As a Small creature, a civvit gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Base Land Speed: 20 feet.
Darkvision: Civvits can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and civvits can function just fine with no light at all.
+2 racial bonus on Balance checks.
+2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
+2 racial bonus on Sleight of Hand checks.
Musical Background: Perform (any instrument) is always considered a class skill for civvits. All civvits must put at least a single rank into Perform (any instrument) at first level.
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Esperanto).
Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day - summon instrument. (Treat as the spell cast by a sorcerer whose level is equal to half the civvit's hit dice. A civvit with at least 8 ranks in Perform (any instrument) can summon a masterwork version of that instrument.)
Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass civvit's bard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.

Nocte
2006-08-03, 01:02 AM
Now I have too races.

Are Civvits balanced?

MagFlare
2006-08-03, 01:59 AM
Are Civvits balanced?

While I'm not the most experienced D&D player out there, I can tell you this: a race that a.) has a massive strength penalty and b.) favors the bard class isn't going to be considered overpowered.

Nocte
2006-08-03, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys for the races. I will use the Civvits for this character.

By the way.

Why the name Civvits?

MagFlare
2006-08-03, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys for the races. I will use the Civvits for this character.

By the way.

Why the name Civvits?

You're welcome.

"Civet cat" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civet) is a sort of generalized term for various raccoon relatives.