PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul's harem

dogmac
2009-05-20, 06:38 PM
Sign up here for your place in his harem once he is rewarded suitably :smallsmile:

(why can't I find a bloke like that in real life?)

shadzar
2009-05-20, 06:42 PM

("Because guys like him already have boyfriends.", Good Advice, starring Charlie Sheen, Angie Harmon, and John Lovitz)

Spiky
2009-05-20, 06:53 PM
More likely because the dark ages haven't been existent, in Europe or Japan, for many many years.

Estelindis
2009-05-20, 07:20 PM
I recall you starting a thread like this before... :smallamused:

I also recall agreeing with you then, as I do now. Sign me up too! :smallbiggrin:

dogmac
2009-05-20, 07:35 PM
I can't help it!

Every time I see him at work, I think what a top bloke he is.

I mean, he's strong, he's brave, he's sensitive AND he's intelligent.

Plus, he's bald, and I have a thing for bald blokes.

Bet he has really nice hands too.

And then I remind myself he's a stick figure. *sigh*

rainbowjo
2009-05-20, 07:37 PM
Sign me up!

Estelindis
2009-05-20, 08:11 PM
I can't help it!

It's true... All true! :smallredface:

Also: found your old thread. :smallsmile: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76387

Callista
2009-05-20, 08:30 PM
I'm not looking for a man, but he'd be nice to have as a friend, especially if he likes chess or logic puzzles as much as he seems to like Go. Low charisma doesn't bother me, probably because CHA is my dump stat, too. His has got to be a lot higher than mine, though, because I'm constantly sticking my foot in my mouth and being completely oblivious to the social dynamics around me... heck, I'd probably treat the President just about the same way I treat the cashier at the grocery store. He can't have any lower than an 8, otherwise mine would have to be negative in comparison.

theinsulabot
2009-05-20, 08:31 PM
back. away. slowly. fellas.

Chronos
2009-05-20, 10:15 PM
Bet he has really nice hands too.They're probably very calloused. Which might be the sort of thing that turns you on in a man's hands, I dunno.

back. away. slowly. fellas. Why? This is a lot less weird than any of the number of threads of guys crushing on Tsukiko. O-Chul's a lot more awesome than she is, and has the added advantage of not being an evil sociopathic necrophiliac.

kpenguin
2009-05-20, 10:18 PM
Well, MReav gave us this little gem:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/Cherpet/Personal%20Fun/Ochul.png

MReav
2009-05-20, 10:34 PM
If we go through with this, then I get to be the Chief Arbiter of the Sanctified Pudding Match-ups.

dogmac
2009-05-20, 10:39 PM
Love It!!!!!!

Snake-Aes
2009-05-20, 10:39 PM
Sign up here for your place in his harem once he is rewarded suitably :smallsmile:

Because he's already got a boyfriend, and it's not me. <sighs>

dogmac
2009-05-20, 10:40 PM
I have to admit, the two nicest blokes I know in real life are partners. I love them both enormously.

theinsulabot
2009-05-20, 10:44 PM
Why? This is a lot less weird than any of the number of threads of guys crushing on Tsukiko. O-Chul's a lot more awesome than she is, and has the added advantage of not being an evil sociopathic necrophiliac.

i thought those were creepy to. i am a non-discriminating prude

Starscream
2009-05-20, 10:52 PM

Thank you, that really made my day. :smallbiggrin:

Selene
2009-05-20, 11:46 PM
*signs* :smallcool:

Morgan Wick
2009-05-20, 11:59 PM
I can't help it!

:roy:: What am I, chopped liver?

Arutema
2009-05-21, 12:30 AM
I can't help it!

It's OK, you can come rub my head.

Rotipher
2009-05-21, 12:33 AM

Patience, Roy: until Durkon finishes his spell, you won't even have a liver. (Or anything other non-skeletal parts, for that matter.) So wait until those ten minutes are up before you start hitting on the forumite ladies, okay? :smallwink:

lady_arrogance
2009-05-21, 12:49 AM
Why? This is a lot less weird than any of the number of threads of guys crushing on Tsukiko. O-Chul's a lot more awesome than she is, and has the added advantage of not being an evil sociopathic necrophiliac.

And that's why I sing up here, and not wait to Tsukiko kill me and then turn me undead. :smallbiggrin:

Lissou
2009-05-21, 01:28 AM
I don't personally find him sexy, he's really not my type to be honest. Although I can see where you're coming from.

Of course, I find Redcloak sexy so my tastes are probably weird >.>
(What? Redcloak is clever, wise, and he's a geek! What's not to like? Plus he's brave (see SoD to see what he's willing to let happen to himself for the sake of the Goblin kind) and determined. Remove the Evil part and he's all good :P)

Selene
2009-05-21, 03:30 AM

No, Roy. You are:
1. Dead
2. Spoken for. And Celia makes lightning come out of her fingers.

But otherwise good.

Elemental_Elf
2009-05-21, 03:34 AM
Can men join is Harem?

TSED
2009-05-21, 03:40 AM
You can't find blokes like that because we're too busy agonizing over our own critical character flaws.

(Yeah, I went there.)

Cúchulainn
2009-05-21, 03:49 AM
Can men join is Harem?

I demand an answer to this question.

Lissou
2009-05-21, 03:54 AM
Can men join is Harem?

That would be his choice once he's rewarded, but I don't see why not.

dogmac
2009-05-21, 06:02 AM
I can't see why not!
Though, we may stop being harem types and become acolytes if enough of both sexes join.

After all, one doesn't know what O-Chul's preferences are, and I just want to hang with him mainly

Jaysyn
2009-05-21, 08:45 AM
I'm not looking for a man, but he'd be nice to have as a friend, especially if he likes chess or logic puzzles as much as he seems to like Go. Low charisma doesn't bother me, probably because CHA is my dump stat, too. His has got to be a lot higher than mine, though, because I'm constantly sticking my foot in my mouth and being completely oblivious to the social dynamics around me... heck, I'd probably treat the President just about the same way I treat the cashier at the grocery store. He can't have any lower than an 8, otherwise mine would have to be negative in comparison.

I think you'd be brain-dead (or normal dead, can't remember) if your CHA drops below 0.

Jaysyn
2009-05-21, 08:47 AM
Celia makes lightning come out of her fingers.

Some people would be way into that.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-21, 08:59 AM
Sign me up!

Snake-Aes
2009-05-21, 09:22 AM
I think you'd be brain-dead (or normal dead, can't remember) if your CHA drops below 0.

Probably all three mind stats put you into vegetative state once they are zeroed. No int kills all your memories and capability of reasoning. No Wisdom makes you effectively trapped into nothingness as none of your senses work, while no Charisma destroys your personality, emotions, discernment between "Self" and "Others", and so on.

Simanos
2009-05-21, 09:51 AM
More likely because the dark ages haven't been existent, in Europe or Japan, for many many years.
Except the real dark ages weren't fun.

Scarlet Knight
2009-05-21, 11:27 AM
I have to admit, the two nicest blokes I know in real life are partners. I love them both enormously.

Are there pictures? :smallwink:

(I'm going to hell, ain't I?)

Zolem
2009-05-21, 11:41 AM

Because all the available men in real life as **** **** **** pices of **** who can just go **** a **** ****** for all I care.

MReav
2009-05-21, 11:42 AM
Because all the available men in real life as **** **** **** pices of **** who can just go **** a **** ****** for all I care.

Geez, with an attitude like that, no wonder all the good men stay away from you. :smallwink:

Snake-Aes
2009-05-21, 11:42 AM
Are there pictures? :smallwink:

(I'm going to hell, ain't I?)

I don't know about you but I want to go to hell. All politicians, musicians, movie stars and overall celebrities I adore are there.

First thing I'll do is to smack Cobain upside his face and tell him he was a wuss. Then I'd probably do something that shouldn't be said here.

Scarlet Knight
2009-05-21, 01:48 PM

Gee, the last person who I heard say that was...naw, couldn't be... MOM?

yanmaodao
2009-05-21, 02:13 PM
Gee, the last person who I heard say that was...naw, couldn't be... MOM?

LOL, epic win.

King of Nowhere
2009-05-21, 02:49 PM

Don't give the fault to the male gender if all the people you frequent are such jerks. Try hook up with better people before complaining :smallbiggrin:

And, back to the main topic, I love O-Chul with all my heart, into strict heterosexual buddies way. Not that there is anything wrong with the alternative.

Murdim
2009-05-21, 03:01 PM
I don't know about you but I want to go to hell. All politicians, musicians, movie stars and overall celebrities I adore are there.Urge to post a link to a Chick Tract... must resist... the... temptation...

... anyway, hell isn't one big party. Dolly, millions of people have believed the same tragic lie. HAW HAW HAW !

Snake-Aes
2009-05-21, 03:18 PM
Urge to post a link to a Chick Tract... must resist... the... temptation...

... anyway, hell isn't one big party. Dolly, millions of people have believed the same tragic lie. HAW HAW HAW !
Honey, my very existence is deemed "To hell with you" By all major religions in the western continent. I might as well enjoy the ride.

Boaromir
2009-05-21, 05:22 PM
And, back to the main topic, I love O-Chul with all my heart, into strict heterosexual buddies way. Not that there is anything wrong with the alternative.

Aye, a perfect answer, young King of Nowhere.

I don't personally find him sexy, he's really not my type to be honest. Although I can see where you're coming from.

Of course, I find Redcloak sexy so my tastes are probably weird >.>
(What? Redcloak is clever, wise, and he's a geek! What's not to like? Plus he's brave (see SoD to see what he's willing to let happen to himself for the sake of the Goblin kind) and determined. Remove the Evil part and he's all good :P)

I find it delightfully disturbing you didn't remove the Goblin part.

More towards the topic, I frequently have to put up with my girlfriend (who also read OotS) talking about how amazing O'Chul is. If she was registered or looked at these forums at all, she'd totally be joining.

Calmness
2009-05-21, 11:38 PM
That's a dirty, dirty mouth you've got there miss. Will you go out with me? :smallsmile:

Kyronea
2009-05-21, 11:43 PM

I'd say sign me up, but I suspect he's not gay. :smallfrown:

MReav
2009-05-22, 12:03 AM

Why don't you get yourself a support position around the area. I'm sure they need eunuchs.

Or screeners.

Kyronea
2009-05-22, 01:09 AM
Why don't you get yourself a support position around the area. I'm sure they need eunuchs.

Or screeners.

I'd rather not be a eunuch, thank you. :smalleek:

MReav
2009-05-22, 01:29 AM
I'd rather not be a eunuch, thank you. :smalleek:

Well then, how about maintenance? Or gardening? Or something unusual but necessary. I'm the Chief Arbiter of the Trial By Pudding Arena.

Kyronea
2009-05-22, 02:01 AM
Well then, how about maintenance? Or gardening? Or something unusual but necessary. I'm the Chief Arbiter of the Trial By Pudding Arena.

I can do gardening.

Selene
2009-05-22, 06:00 AM
Can men join is Harem?

It's cool with me. Gives the guy more choices.

I don't know about you but I want to go to hell. All politicians, musicians, movie stars and overall celebrities I adore are there.

First thing I'll do is to smack Cobain upside his face and tell him he was a wuss. Then I'd probably do something that shouldn't be said here.

I'm hanging with John Lennon. :smallcool:

Honey, my very existence is deemed "To hell with you" By all major religions in the western continent. I might as well enjoy the ride.

Well, that gives you cool points in my book. I don't have any use for religions, major or otherwise.

We don't actually know his orientation, though. I say sign on just in case. :smallwink:

Lissou
2009-05-22, 03:42 PM
I find it delightfully disturbing you didn't remove the Goblin part.

Well, in DnD they're sentient and pretty much human equals. I don't find that worse than having a crush on Legolas who isn't human :P
I'm not too concerned by appearance and I figure if I lived in OotS-verse, I'd be used to all demihuman species in a similar way to how I'm used to other ethnicities right now.
I mean, obviously, the differences are a lot bigger, but it's a matter of perspective.

And I don't see why a goblin couldn't be sexy :P Go goblins!

golentan
2009-05-22, 04:05 PM
I would like to submit my name, or at least be waiting all gussied up with a pint of his favorite drink in the tavern of infinite one night stands if there isn't an actual harem. It would be fun.

Cúchulainn
2009-05-22, 04:21 PM
Well, in DnD they're sentient and pretty much human equals. I don't find that worse than having a crush on Legolas who isn't human :P
I'm not too concerned by appearance and I figure if I lived in OotS-verse, I'd be used to all demihuman species in a similar way to how I'm used to other ethnicities right now.
I mean, obviously, the differences are a lot bigger, but it's a matter of perspective.

And I don't see why a goblin couldn't be sexy :P Go goblins!

What the hell, did you just compare goblins to elves? Get out.

Anterean
2009-05-22, 04:34 PM
While I do believe that O-Chul sets an example we should all aspire towards I would personally prefer to show my respect for him in another way.

Murdim
2009-05-22, 04:50 PM
What the hell, did you just compare goblins to elves? Get out.What what ? They're both pointy-eared, agile, human-despising, green-themed, generic humanoïds based on fairies and found in every stereotyped fantasy setting.

Shatteredtower
2009-05-22, 06:16 PM
This was an entertaining thread. Thank you all, and may O-Chul appreciate the attention.

theinsulabot
2009-05-22, 08:12 PM
What what ? They're both pointy-eared, agile, human-despising, green-themed, generic humanoïds based on fairies and found in every stereotyped fantasy setting.

i felt the need to momentarily pause the morbid fascination in which i hold this and other, Tsukiko themed threads to admire a classic burn, well done

Rutskarn
2009-05-22, 08:24 PM
Alright, this thread is fine enough, but when people start inserting themselves into O-Chul erotic fanfic I'm cutting out.

Estelindis
2009-05-22, 08:49 PM
Alright, this thread is fine enough, but when people start inserting themselves into O-Chul erotic fanfic I'm cutting out.
Nah... It shouldn't really be about us. It's all about O-Chul and his extraordinary awesomeness! :smallwink: After all the tough times he's been through, he simply deserves a few of the finer things in life, and this thread is ample evidence that many would volunteer to provide such things! :smallbiggrin:

What? :smalleek: I was talking about feeding him grapes! :smallamused:

Lissou
2009-05-22, 09:14 PM

They're both non-human humanoids. They're sentient, have personalities, can feel emotions... Basically they can be attractive, and being friends or in a relationship with one or the other (or a dwarf, etc) seems equivalent to me.
Goblins are more manly anyways, so they're more betterer :P I mean, what woman wants a boyfriend who's got less body hair than she does?
Answer: not me :P

Chronos
2009-05-22, 10:02 PM
Quoth Estelindis:
What? I was talking about feeding him grapes!Hey! They specifically told me I couldn't get the fans-and-grapes thing!

Roderick_BR
2009-05-22, 11:27 PM
(...)I mean, he's strong, he's brave, he's sensitive AND he's intelligent.(...)
He just doesn't have charisma. Hey, he admited it himself.

Can men join is Harem?
"When O-Chul starts having his way with guys, it's just because he ran out of women."

According to Lord of the Rings, goblins are twisted, tortured, and deformed versions of elves. They're like the ugly cousing of the Drow.

Sorry, I had to :smalltongue:

Hmm. Now I feel like drawing him.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-05-22, 11:53 PM

Whoa...do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Because if you do, that's teh hawtness.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-05-22, 11:59 PM

"By the Twleve Gods, YES! I've been bad O'Chul. Smite me, SMITE ME!" :smalltongue:

Spiky
2009-05-23, 12:18 AM
I'm stuck on something. Early on, it was stated that O-Chul is sensitive. I find this difficult to believe. He is a tough guy warrior, more interested in beating someone than anything else. And that was before the months of torture.

I'm sensing some rose-colored LCD screens.

Selene
2009-05-23, 12:34 AM
I'm stuck on something. Early on, it was stated that O-Chul is sensitive. I find this difficult to believe. He is a tough guy warrior, more interested in beating someone than anything else. And that was before the months of torture.

I'm sensing some rose-colored LCD screens.

Did you miss 651 and 654 where he was talking to the MitD? :smallconfused:

Pronounceable
2009-05-23, 02:52 AM
What what ? They're both pointy-eared, agile, human-despising, green-themed, generic humanoïds based on fairies and found in every stereotyped fantasy setting.

I'm chiming in to show my support for this comment.

dogmac
2009-05-23, 04:48 AM
Look at his dealings with MITD! Of COURSE he is sensitive.

O-Chul.... I do a very good back massage.....

Estelindis
2009-05-23, 05:58 AM
Quoth Estelindis:Hey! They specifically told me I couldn't get the fans-and-grapes thing!
O-Chul can. :smallwink:

Cúchulainn
2009-05-23, 06:14 AM
They're both non-human humanoids. They're sentient, have personalities, can feel emotions... Basically they can be attractive, and being friends or in a relationship with one or the other (or a dwarf, etc) seems equivalent to me.
Goblins are more manly anyways, so they're more betterer :P I mean, what woman wants a boyfriend who's got less body hair than she does?
Answer: not me :P

How come whenever we talk it ends up being about body hair? Why can't we talk about the weather? It's raining here, I'm near the ocean so I'm used to it, but it usually gets sweltering afterwards. I also live near a public pond so the frogs migrate into the yard and my dog licks them and gets sick.

See? That was comfortable. I didn't even mention your legs or shaving or anything.

In my experience they're also traditionally a-sexual.

Kyronea
2009-05-23, 06:21 AM
"By the Twleve Gods, YES! I've been bad O'Chul. Smite me, SMITE ME!" :smalltongue:

Mind if I use the image in your signature in my own signature as well? The LGBT image, I mean.

Anterean
2009-05-24, 03:26 PM

That comment was pure win.

It's fun because it is true aye

paladinofshojo
2009-05-24, 07:15 PM
I seriously doubt O-chul supports this, he's a paladin of the Saphire Guard, essentially a samurai's bushido mindset, with a knight in shining armour's persona. In short, I believe he's not into unlimited poontang and "feminine attention" you ladies are so generiously offering him. He's more interested in fullfilling his duty to his Lord................

ThunderCat
2009-05-24, 07:40 PM
He just doesn't have charisma. Hey, he admited it himself.So he has a keen insight in regards to his own weaknesses, and he's modest? More win! :smalltongue:

I seriously doubt O-chul supports this, he's a paladin of the Saphire Guard, essentially a samurai's bushido mindset, with a knight in shining armour's persona. In short, I believe he's not into unlimited poontang and "feminine attention" you ladies are so generiously offering him. He's more interested in fullfilling his duty to his Lord................Shhh, you're ruining it. With half the world's girls swooning over Edward Cullen :smalleek:, people with a more healthy obsession need all the support they can get.

The Blackbird
2009-05-24, 08:14 PM
Shhh, you're ruining it. With half the world's girls swooning over Edward Cullen :smalleek:, people with a more healthy obsession need all the support they can get.

This comment gets cake.

EDIT: I have found a cake large enough to appease the comment.
http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/19/195345-giant-cake-tree---sweet-tropical-christmas-singapore-singapore-singapore.jpg

Dacia Brabant
2009-05-24, 08:23 PM
Oh you poor sad women, don't you know that the only person who's a suitable match for O-Chul is O-Chul?

And another thing! How comes it that women are all up for sharing their fictional fantasy Übermensch with each other, but when we suggest it to you, it gets us shot down--sometimes literally!

Just so you don't miss it:
:wink:

Prock
2009-05-24, 08:49 PM
Um.. when you finish the first chapter send me a copy.. just to spell check I mean :smallwink:

dogmac
2009-05-24, 09:40 PM
Oh you poor sad women, don't you know that the only person who's a suitable match for O-Chul is O-Chul?

Oh, I know I am not worthy. No one is. Hence the need for a harem. Or accolytes, depending on his preference.

Ladorak
2009-05-24, 10:20 PM
Sadly I fear everything that makes O-chul the perfect man (And, let's face it guys, he is) are the very same qualities that make him a perpetual bachalor. 'A horse cannot wear two saddles.' And the saddle O-Chul's wearing has DUTY written on it with Explosive runes cast on very letter.

But, when you think about it, the fact no one can ever really have him... Doesn't it just make him more desirable. The dude knows the game...

R. Malcovitch
2009-05-25, 12:06 AM
Urge to post a link to a Chick Tract... must resist... the... temptation...

No, no think about it. What sends someone to hell? Sex, drugs, gambling, partying, just about anything that's fun. What sends someone to heaven? Not doing any of that. So by a simple cause/effect, hell would be a lot like Las Vegas. Drinking, gambling, prostitution, entertainment, and all of it run by the mafia demons.

Also, let's keep in mind who's running these places: god is a psychopath who murders babies just because he feels like it. Read the old testament, your god is a monster. He's directly responsible for over 2.3 million murders in the bible. And Satan? Only responsible for ten. Which one is the good one again?

Lissou
2009-05-25, 01:06 AM
How come whenever we talk it ends up being about body hair? Why can't we talk about the weather? It's raining here, I'm near the ocean so I'm used to it, but it usually gets sweltering afterwards. I also live near a public pond so the frogs migrate into the yard and my dog licks them and gets sick.

See? That was comfortable. I didn't even mention your legs or shaving or anything.

The weather is nice here too, although Paris is very polluted. Not that it will matter for much longer since I'm moving to Vegreville, Canada tomorrow. Vegreville has the biggest Easter Egg in the world, and is even mention in Corner Gas! (the episode called "the world's biggest...). It's referred to as "the New Vegas"!
What breed is your dog? I have a cat who's a grey tabby.

(Here you go, small talk.)

More seriously, I just meant that I find male elves to look like teenage boys, and that's not my type.

Murdim
2009-05-25, 02:13 AM
No, no think about it. What sends someone to hell? Sex, drugs, gambling, partying, just about anything that's fun. What sends someone to heaven? Not doing any of that. So by a simple cause/effect, hell would be a lot like Las Vegas. Drinking, gambling, prostitution, entertainment, and all of it run by the mafia demons.

Also, let's keep in mind who's running these places: god is a psychopath who murders babies just because he feels like it. Read the old testament, your god is a monster. He's directly responsible for over 2.3 million murders in the bible. And Satan? Only responsible for ten. Which one is the good one again?You live in Satan's darkness, my poor damned friend. God Almighty is right by definition, since he created this world and defined the ultimate wrong, sin, as disobeying him, and consequently punishs all sinners to eternal torments in the Lake of Fire. Go on this site (http://www.chick.com/) to see the Light. (http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Poe's_Law) Have fun.

Cracklord
2009-05-25, 03:12 AM
The weather is nice here too, although Paris is very polluted. Not that it will matter for much longer since I'm moving to Vegreville, Canada tomorrow. Vegreville has the biggest Easter Egg in the world, and is even mention in Corner Gas! (the episode called "the world's biggest...). It's referred to as "the New Vegas"!

More seriously, I just meant that I find male elves to look like teenage boys, and that's not my type.

What, scrawny, gangly-limbed, pimply people with voices that tend to be too high and awkward movements as they're still growing?
Well, I hate elves because we're supposed to accept that we are inferior simply because we're not them. Give me goblins any day.

Also, let's keep in mind who's running these places: god is a psychopath who murders babies just because he feels like it. Read the old testament, your god is a monster. He's directly responsible for over 2.3 million murders in the bible. And Satan? Only responsible for ten. Which one is the good one again?

Please. You have managed to read the book totally ignoring every teaching within it. Of course god was portrayed as hard. It was a hard world. But it was a representation of aspirations towards a better world.
If you want to devolve into a life of instant gratification and hedonism based on low standards, you do that. I for one won't be surprised to see you die young and stupid. The teachings are there so we can form laws, and thus societies. But you have failed to grasp that. And god does not condemn enjoyment, he condemns abusing your body for fleeting pleasure and taking no responsibility.
Finally, this whole hell is Las Vegas thing, well Las Vegas stops being fun around about the time you start to run out of money, realize your in dept to someone who will take broken kneecaps if necessary, your wife's left you and is suing for custody, and one of the prostitutes left you a rash that won't go away and makes it hard to pee. Now imagine an eternity of that. I'll take spiritual enlightenment, totalness of being and bliss, if you don't mind. Doesn't sound so fun, but at least it's consistent.

Pandabear
2009-05-25, 03:39 AM
It would be so funny in the light of this thread if it turns out that O-Chul took a Vow of Chastity..

also to the folks discussion religion here, the very tone in which people try to defend their beliefs are the very reason such discussions are usually not a good idea here.. best steer back to the topic at hand before someone feels the thread should be closed down shall we? :smallwink:

Selene
2009-05-25, 03:42 AM
I believe he's not into unlimited poontang and "feminine attention" you ladies are so generiously offering him.

Well if he's gay, he's got offers from a couple guys, too. :smallsmile:

Shhh, you're ruining it. With half the world's girls swooning over Edward Cullen :smalleek:, people with a more healthy obsession need all the support they can get.

... Um, Edward who, now? :smallconfused:

So by a simple cause/effect, hell would be a lot like Las Vegas.

See Stephen King's The Stand. /nod

Agreed, but we're not supposed to talk about religion. It's against the forum rules. Which is good, because when you point out things like that, you just end up getting a lecture and maybe a pamphlet. And being an atheist, I'd rather pass on both of them.

see the Light. (http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Poe's_Law)

*bites down hard on tongue to avoid hysterical laughter and discussion of religion*

King of Nowhere
2009-05-25, 04:15 AM
Sadly I fear everything that makes O-chul the perfect man (And, let's face it guys, he is) are the very same qualities that make him a perpetual bachalor. 'A horse cannot wear two saddles.' And the saddle O-Chul's wearing has DUTY written on it with Explosive runes cast on very letter.

O-Chul is devoted to his duty, but he also make his best to make people happy.
And with so many women flinging a him, he can't make them suffer by rejecting them. It would probably be against the code or something... :smallbiggrin:

Cúchulainn
2009-05-25, 06:04 AM

Staffy-cross-cattledog. Short-legged, short-haired, black and white, likes to tie round people up and force them to rub her stomach. I can't say any more...she's in the room...send help.

Anyway, enjoy your move to Canada. Though you sound like you just read me a pamphlet or something, I can tell you're excited. It's funny, but I always thought Paris was like, you know, the 'night-life' capital of the world. Maybe that's just plain foreigners ignorance on my part. What was your reason for the move?

(It's everything I ever dreamed of, but smaller and more talkative.)

Can't say they're my type either, but given a choice between an elf or a goblin...call me shallow, but even if the goblin had the sexiest personality and the elf was, I dunno, Vaarsuvius, I'd still go wth the elf.

Klose_the_Sith
2009-05-25, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I'd do whatever O-Chul wants of me. Count me in :smallbiggrin:

If I didn't already have someone who is basically the perfect girlfriend I would currently be proposing. Just thought you should know :smallwink:

Aris Katsaris
2009-05-25, 07:31 AM
No, no think about it. What sends someone to hell?

Not feeding the hungry, not clothing the naked, not comforting the sick. Taking pleasure in other people's joy, taking advantage of other people's weakness, and being judgmental against their sins ("judge not lest ye not be judged").

Sex, drugs, gambling, partying, just about anything that's fun.

There's no prohibition against sex in the bible. There's only prohibitions against certain kinds of sex.
There's no prohibition against partying either. Indeed the kingdom of heaven is compared to a wedding party in one of the parables.
No prohibition against drinking. God even provided wine for the people that wanted to drink.

As for gambling and drugs, self-destructive behaviours lead you to hell right here on earth, without God needing to send you there. I'm sad that you see things like "gambling" and "drugs" as fun. I'm guessing you're seeing it from a very limited perspective (e.g. the perspective of the gambling drug-abusing parasite, not the perspective of the people the gambler drug-abuser destroys)

What sends someone to heaven? Not doing any of that.

If only it were as easy as that.

So by a simple cause/effect, hell would be a lot like Las Vegas.
Drinking, gambling, prostitution, entertainment, and all of it run by the mafia demons.

Hell in the bible, IIRC, isn't "run" by the demons, the demons are also thrown in it, same as with the damned souls. Satan isn't the lord of hell, he's merely the most famous prisoner thereof.

But other than that, yeah, 24/7 of Las Vegas style "entertainment" seems hellish enough for me. I'd rather spend my time with a good book.

Also, let's keep in mind who's running these places: god is a psychopath who murders babies just because he feels like it.

"Murder" is a whole different proposition when it brings the people killed closer to you, rather than sending them away. More like child-protection services taking children away from parents.

Read the old testament, your god is a monster.

If God is a monster for "killing millions", he'd be a monster for creating them mortal at all. But if God giving us mortality isn't monstrous by itself, God killing us isn't either.

I'm mostly an atheist and even I find your argument weak as hell. Pun not intended.

He's directly responsible for over 2.3 million murders in the bible.

He's also responsible for all the lives of anyone who ever existed though.

And Satan? Only responsible for ten.

Well that depends on whether you buy the "original sin dooming everyone to death" story.

Which one is the good one again?

It depends on a number of things, e.g. intent, and whether you believe that death is the worst thing possible.

Snake-Aes
2009-05-25, 07:39 AM
This thread is about O-Chul's Harem, not God. Keep him or her off this place, even because he or she doesn't exist within O-Chul's interests.

Estelindis
2009-05-25, 07:59 AM
Seriously, discussing RL religion is against the forum rules (and I'm more than happy with that, since theology is my full-time job, so it's nice to have a break from it occasionally). That said, that link to Poe's Law was hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

Back to the awesomeness that is O-Chul. :smallredface:

theinsulabot
2009-05-25, 08:27 AM
theres to many rick rolls on the internet, i just moused over that see the light bit, and saw it was a different link then he was implying. now with all the positive reviews i am half tempted to go back and see what it was.

on a related note, if anyone here is a fan of Stephen lynch, i was once rick rolled by him personally.

The Blackbird
2009-05-25, 09:42 AM

Darn it, now I'm going to have to find an even bigger cake!

Here is a cake large enough to appease that comment.

http://www.bigskyballoons.com/images/Balloons/giant%20cake.jpg Okay so it's just a giant balloon, just pretend it's an acutal cake.

Ladorak
2009-05-25, 12:28 PM
And with so many women flinging a him, he can't make them suffer by rejecting them. It would probably be against the code or something... :smallbiggrin:

My kinda code...

SadisticFishing
2009-05-25, 12:38 PM
The worst part is, if this guy actually existed his devotion to his ideals and cause would make any woman chafe. No one wants to just exist on the sidelines.

ThunderCat
2009-05-25, 05:36 PM
This comment gets cake.

EDIT: I have found a cake large enough to appease the comment.
http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/19/195345-giant-cake-tree---sweet-tropical-christmas-singapore-singapore-singapore.jpgMy first post, and I already got cake. I like it here :smallbiggrin:

Scarlet Knight
2009-05-25, 08:56 PM
The worst part is, if this guy actually existed his devotion to his ideals and cause would make any woman chafe. No one wants to just exist on the sidelines.

I don't know if any of the 12 Gods is a god of love. (perhaps Rooster? ) If O-Chul is devoted to the ideal of promoting goodness through the examples of the gods, perhaps he believes that a man who is a good lover is more pleasing to the gods than one who does not give pleasure to others. Perhaps there's a Karma Sutra for Azure City....no, there will be no chafing with O-Chul around! :smallamused:

Selene
2009-05-26, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I'd do whatever O-Chul wants of me. Count me in :smallbiggrin:

If I didn't already have someone who is basically the perfect girlfriend I would currently be proposing. Just thought you should know :smallwink:

Darn it, now I'm going to have to find an even bigger cake!

Here is a cake large enough to appease that comment.

http://www.bigskyballoons.com/images/Balloons/giant%20cake.jpg Okay so it's just a giant balloon, just pretend it's an acutal cake.

Ok, I have to find out who this dude is...

*Googling*

WHOA! He's from the sparkly-vampires-who-go-out-in-the-sun movie! I should have known by the way you guys were saying how irritating he is. Damn. I'm following Michael Sheen (Lucien from the Underworld series) on Twitter, and he's going to be in a sequel to that thing. I hope they're paying him a lot.

BillyJimBoBob
2009-05-26, 12:22 PM
... Um, Edward who, now? :smallconfused:I had to look him up to understand the reference, but I fully understand the annoyance. The last time I went to buy a book it was at a Borders Express. Science fiction (which is lumped in with fantasy) alpha sorted by author. I went from A to Z looking for something decent to read and was just disgusted at the sheer volume of vampire tales, mostly from authors I've never heard of.

Irenaeus
2009-05-26, 01:31 PM
I'd say sign me up, but I suspect he's not gay. :smallfrown:If he is comparable to the historical samurai, he might easily be into younger men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shudo).

David Argall
2009-05-26, 07:23 PM
It would be so funny in the light of this thread if it turns out that O-Chul took a Vow of Chastity..

Actually it might be for the best. If he has not, our ladies might find him eager when they are not quite ready, and occupied with another lass when they are in the mood, neither situation being desirable.
But if he is 'trapped" behind that wall of chastity, each lass can assume he would rush to her bed precisely when she would want him to if he were not forced to stay out of reach.

texascarl
2009-05-26, 07:56 PM
Putting down hustling hobgoblins, poking out Redcloak's eye? That's just 'Paladaddy' O-chul keeping his pimp hand strong. Mainly so he can say 'Lich better HAVE my money!'.

DemonRoach
2009-05-27, 04:27 AM
back. away. slowly. fellas.

Good....plan.....

Selene
2009-05-27, 01:47 PM
I had to look him up to understand the reference, but I fully understand the annoyance. The last time I went to buy a book it was at a Borders Express. Science fiction (which is lumped in with fantasy) alpha sorted by author. I went from A to Z looking for something decent to read and was just disgusted at the sheer volume of vampire tales, mostly from authors I've never heard of.

I actually do like vampires, just not the lame kind. Which, sadly, is probably what all those books you saw were. Seems like there are a million series that are thinly veiled romance novels where somebody just happens to have fangs. Bleh. Even fangs can't make that stuff bearable.

SadisticFishing
2009-05-27, 01:53 PM
Hrm. I should shave my head.

The Blackbird
2009-05-27, 06:37 PM
Good....plan.....

Talking. With. Periods. At. The. End. Of. Words. Is. Fun.

Scarlet Knight
2009-05-27, 09:24 PM
Talking. With. Periods. At. The. End. Of. Words. Is. Fun.

Mr. Shatner? :smallconfused:

dogmac
2009-06-01, 08:32 PM
O-Chul!

We of your loyal harem will catch you!!!

Callista
2009-06-01, 10:39 PM
The worst part is, if this guy actually existed his devotion to his ideals and cause would make any woman chafe. No one wants to just exist on the sidelines.Unless she were similarly devoted. And she would have to be, to have any chance of seeing eye to eye with him. You know the usual problem about trying to date somebody with a different belief system? Multiply that by about ten thousand and you get the paladin's problem. It's not just O-Chul; it's anybody. Being a paladin's not just a job; it's an identity; and anyone a paladin loves is probably never going to be his first love. The only way that works out is if they both think the same way. If they both have that one higher priority than each other, I think it would probably make them much closer and that much more effective. I would not want to be an evildoer anywhere in the range of a duo like that.

Selene
2009-06-02, 06:10 AM
Unless she were similarly devoted. And she would have to be, to have any chance of seeing eye to eye with him. You know the usual problem about trying to date somebody with a different belief system? Multiply that by about ten thousand and you get the paladin's problem. It's not just O-Chul; it's anybody. Being a paladin's not just a job; it's an identity; and anyone a paladin loves is probably never going to be his first love. The only way that works out is if they both think the same way. If they both have that one higher priority than each other, I think it would probably make them much closer and that much more effective. I would not want to be an evildoer anywhere in the range of a duo like that.

Lien? I like her. I would deem her worthy of the awesomeness that is O-Chul.

Coidzor
2009-06-02, 06:17 AM
Just doesn't seem to have much chance for any real passion.

rewinn
2009-06-18, 07:26 PM
I don't know if any of the 12 Gods is a god of love. (perhaps Rooster? ) If O-Chul is devoted to the ideal of promoting goodness through the examples of the gods, perhaps he believes that a man who is a good lover is more pleasing to the gods than one who does not give pleasure to others. Perhaps there's a Karma Sutra for Azure City....no, there will be no chafing with O-Chul around! :smallamused:

Chafing damage is easily taken care of with Lay On Hands.

Of course, that can lead to more chafing opportunities.

=====

And as for us straight guys, who doesn't wanna be in O-Chul's posse!

SadisticFishing
2009-06-18, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure I agree. Being a paladin is a big part of the ideal, but I can see a paladin falling for any of the G alignments. A CG rogue and LG paladin would make an awesome cool couple.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-06-18, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure I agree. Being a paladin is a big part of the ideal, but I can see a paladin falling for any of the G alignments. A CG rogue and LG paladin would make an awesome cool couple.

Thanh/Niu slashfic?

Callista
2009-06-18, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure I agree. Being a paladin is a big part of the ideal, but I can see a paladin falling for any of the G alignments. A CG rogue and LG paladin would make an awesome cool couple.They'd both still have to have that Good priority above each other. The law/chaos isn't nearly so important; if they were both open minded about it it could work just fine. I don't see a relationship between a paladin and a non-good character working out; it's not that they couldn't fall in love, it's just that it couldn't end well... either someone would have to change, or they'd end up drifting apart. That's not true for most Good characters; it's just that if you want to be a paladin, it's because you're really really dedicated to it; and if you fall in love with somebody who isn't equally dedicated to what is essentially your first love, the best you can hope for is an amicable break-up and subsequent friendship.

But yeah... I'm definitely thinking O-Chul and Lien. They both seem to have a lot in common; she started out as non-noble and so did he, likely (Fighter, anyway). They see eye to eye, philosophically and religiously, and that goes a long way; their goals are similar... Only their ages are really different. Lien's rather young; O-Chul is probably middle aged or nearly so. Their personalities are different; he's more steady and she's more energetic, but that could end up being complementary. It could really work, though.

Hexen_Hase
2009-06-18, 10:55 PM
Mr. Shatner? :smallconfused:

When.. You.. Start.. Me.. Up.

Oh

When.. You.. Start.. Me.. Up,

I...
Never Stop.. Never. Stop.

Keeping it somewhat topic related I just don't see O-chul being the sort of guy to have a harem, at least as a Paladin. Change his alignment bearing a touch though and the dude might well be an OotS Ghenghis Khan - harem included.

One Step Two
2009-06-18, 11:06 PM
Hello all, I posted this in the O-Chul Fact thread, and I thought you might appreciate it here too.
The following is a complete listing of every Strip O-Chul is in. And for all you paladin loving ladies, there's plenty of fan-service, as a vast majority of his time is spent without a shirt on (you can thank red-cloak for that).

403 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0403.html)
404 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0404.html)
412 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0412.html)
413 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0413.html)
417 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0417.html)
422 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0422.html)
447 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0447.html)
448 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0448.html)
461 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0461.html)
462 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0462.html)
463 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0463.html)
474 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0474.html)
475 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0475.html)
476 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0476.html)
477 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0477.html)
541 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0541.html)
542 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0542.html)
543 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0543.html)
544 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0544.html)
545 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html)
546 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0546.html)
547 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0547.html)
548 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html)
549 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0549.html)
550 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0550.html)
651 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0651.html)
654 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0654.html)
655 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0655.html)
656 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0656.html)
657 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0657.html)
658 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0658.html)
659 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0659.html)
661 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0661.html)
663 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0663.html)

EmperorSarda
2009-06-19, 12:22 AM
I claim being head eunoch!

Thant
2009-06-19, 03:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Coidzor/images-1.jpg

OMG! Orz! ORZ AVATAR! Star Control! Ur-Quan Masters! I LOVE UR-QUAN MASTERS! THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THIS WHOLE THREAD^^

DarksideAvatar
2009-06-19, 01:15 PM
Ladies,

If you are looking for the qualities O-Chul possesses your search will be arduous and most likely fruitless.

Our current society rewards cowardice and the craven of spirit. Sadly, the people with these qualities are also the ones having the most kids and passing on these 'ideals'.

Look at how we fight wars. In the Roman times, it was the responsibility of the politicans to lead their troops in the field and they HAD to do it if they wanted to get anywhere with their careers.

Not like now, where our yellow legislators stay at home while sending our troops to fight and die so said politicians can go to those very expensive fund raisers.

And think about it, the brave die first in war, the cowardly usually don't...though they richly deserve it.

Look around you. Our business leaders, politicians, the media...all these lack courage.

People are afraid of general confrontation, even when it's a good thing. Most prefer to act in a passive/aggressive manner rather then handle things with honesty and openness.

As one of the few remaining men with courage I tell you this.

On a side note: when the woman who became my wife found out I was single, she pounced on me and wouldn't let me go.

I suppose we are a rare and dying breed.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-19, 01:16 PM
That last post offends me.

DarksideAvatar
2009-06-19, 01:19 PM
Luckily we still have that luxury to be offended :) Just as I have the right to free speech :)

All brought to you by the brave :)

SadisticFishing
2009-06-19, 01:21 PM
The luxury of free speech doesn't mean what you think it means.

And rarely are those who call themselves brave actually brave.

Oslecamo
2009-06-19, 01:21 PM
And think about it, the brave die first in war, the cowardly usually don't...though they richly deserve it.

Actually, it was a popular roman tactic to sandwich their coward soldiers between their brave ones so that when battle started they had nowhere to run but to face the enemy. Recuitment wasn't optional. And trying to run away could mean your family geting killed.

Meh, society nowadays actually rewards iniative. If you're the first to have a great idea and put it into the market, it's easy to get loads of money, but only if you have the guts to step forward.

Of course, this also rewards oportunists and cheaters, but romans rewarded violence and carnage(whoever kills the emperor becomes the new emperor).

Scarlet Knight
2009-06-19, 03:13 PM
I claim being head eunoch!

Assuming you meant to write "eunuch" , please forgive me for not lining up to get that job...:smalleek:

Froogleyboy
2009-06-19, 03:19 PM
People who say they are brave are usually the most cowardice! Or at least they are the least honorable for they go around shouting of there greatness. And on the matter of "Freedodm of speech", No one will ever be able to truly speak freely. One day they will say something that ticks off that certain person, and thats the end of them.

Ninja
2009-06-19, 04:05 PM
If i were gay i would agree with this topic.

Callista
2009-06-19, 05:18 PM
I know that usually, the people who they say are brave tend to be the ones trying to ignore their wet pants as they charge into battle. You don't get Fear Immunity in the real world.

DarksideAvatar
2009-06-19, 11:25 PM
Heh,

By that logic...

-People who say they are straight are gay.

-People who say they are gay are straight.

-People who admit to being alcoholics at AA meetings haven't ever taken a drink in their life.

-Any parent who says they love their child actually hates their child.

-Anyone who says they like root beer actually can't stand it.

I could go on...but what's the point?

People see what they want to see regardless of logical fallacy.

I guess you can tell our soldiers who are facing enemy fire with poise and professionalism and are facing death everyday in a foreign country that they are actually cowards for claiming to be brave.

Way to go.

SadisticFishing
2009-06-19, 11:38 PM
Um, that's the most ridiculous leap in logic I've ever seen.

Random832
2009-06-20, 12:11 AM
Heh,

By that logic...

Fail.

For one thing, the words were "who they say are brave"

As in, those people are recognized by others as brave.

As in, that is what bravery actually is.

Fish
2009-06-20, 01:37 AM
And as for us straight guys, who doesn't wanna be in O-Chul's posse!
If Roy still has that Belt of Femininity/Masculinity, gender wouldn't be an issue at all.

Dinvan
2009-06-20, 07:00 AM

Why can't I find a woman in real life who is my type?

Maybe its because I spent so much time working, going to the gym, doing boxing and karate and looking for that perfect person I dont end up giving other people a chance who would make me just as happy?

Nah that can't be it, im sure there are millions of the type of person im looking for out there...I just aint looking hard enough....

wootage
2009-06-20, 03:06 PM
They'd both still have to have that Good priority above each other. The law/chaos isn't nearly so important; if they were both open minded about it it could work just fine. I don't see a relationship between a paladin and a non-good character working out; it's not that they couldn't fall in love, it's just that it couldn't end well... either someone would have to change, or they'd end up drifting apart. That's not true for most Good characters; it's just that if you want to be a paladin, it's because you're really really dedicated to it; and if you fall in love with somebody who isn't equally dedicated to what is essentially your first love, the best you can hope for is an amicable break-up and subsequent friendship.

But yeah... I'm definitely thinking O-Chul and Lien. They both seem to have a lot in common; she started out as non-noble and so did he, likely (Fighter, anyway). They see eye to eye, philosophically and religiously, and that goes a long way; their goals are similar... Only their ages are really different. Lien's rather young; O-Chul is probably middle aged or nearly so. Their personalities are different; he's more steady and she's more energetic, but that could end up being complementary. It could really work, though.

Heh, this brings to mind a Chinese (?) saying - "The best age for a wife is half the age of her husband, plus 1 year". It is an Asian-themed culture :D

Dilvish
2009-06-20, 04:44 PM
Oh my, now I really want to be O-Chul.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/Cherpet/Personal%20Fun/Ochul.png

Scarlet Knight
2009-06-20, 06:43 PM
Look at how we fight wars. In the Roman times, it was the responsibility of the politicans to lead their troops in the field and they HAD to do it if they wanted to get anywhere with their careers.

Correct me if I am wrong: Wasn't it Julius Caesar , against the barbarians who would come and challenge him to man to man combat, would say that Generals were too important to risk in battle, and ignobly have his troops capture the rival as hostage?

Well, duh! You are , as you say, "the brave die first in war, the cowardly usually don't.."

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword...":smallsigh: