PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting for all! [PrC]

Fizban
2006-07-29, 05:39 PM
I like stuff like polymorph and other transformational spells, and I liked that Oriental Adventures had a class that gave you wild shape. When I saw the new druidic shapeshifting in PHBII I thought it was great. And last night I started thinking: hey, why not fix up the old OA class with the new shapeshifting?, so I did. Baisically I compared the levels at which the druid get's wild shape, the OA shapeshifter gets wild shape, and the level marks for the new shapeshifting, and this is what I got:
Shapeshifter
Requirements:
BAB +4
Concentration 10 ranks (from the old version)
Knowledge [Nature] 5 rankd (cause it makes sense)
Special: able to cast polymorph or have a natural shape shifting ability (eg: alter self ability, shifting, lycanthropy).
Class Features:
Hit die: d8
BAB: 3/4, as Cleric
High saves: fort and will
Low save: ref (used to have all high saves, but I cut ref)
Spellcasting: at each even level adds one level of spellcasting to a class he could cast polymorph in (or any spellcasting class if having a natural ability)
1st Shapeshifting, Preadator Form, see phb2
4th Aerial Form, see phb 2
6th Ferocious Slayer Form, see phb2
8th Forest Guardian Form, see phb2
10th Elemental Fury Form, see phb2

Shapeshifting: can shapeshift as the variant druid ability in the phb2, except it requires a standard action.

Hope that's censored enough.

Problems: without an animal compainion ability to give up, the shapeshifting is much more powerful, so I slowed it down to a standard action, and lowerd the reflex save of the class. I'm also thinking the spellcasting should be on the levels without shifting, levels: 2,3,5,7,9, this would give the same amount of spellcasting. And what about level dipping? Any comments would be appreciated.

Fizban
2006-07-30, 01:10 AM
Little help here?
(sorry if bump was bad)

Fizban
2006-07-31, 08:33 PM
new bump cause it got moved.....

jdrich
2006-07-31, 08:39 PM
Oh dear. Where has my beloved class ability gone?

Fizban
2006-08-03, 05:39 AM
To paraphrase what others have said: What!? 128 views and one comment? I guess I must be perfect.

NullAshton
2006-08-03, 10:32 AM
No, not that,I think it's mostly that some people, such as my self, doesn't have the PHBII, and can't really comment.