PDA

View Full Version : House Season 5 finale

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-05-20, 09:19 PM
So, for all those diehard House fans like myself, I'd love to know what you think about the season finale (I know it was a few weeks ago, but with my work schedule, I just got around to watching it last night). I'd love to know what everyone else has to say about it and the few episodes that lead up to it, and where we might be headed at the start of next season.

bluewind95
2009-05-20, 09:23 PM
It was entirely believable, but a bit.... disappointing. I dunno. A completely insane House... it's... disheartening. Nice stuff with Chase and Cameron, though.

afroakuma
2009-05-20, 09:26 PM
I really loved how he was sort of their guardian angel for the whole relationship, up to and including the epic bachelor party (he was totally Chase's unofficial best man) and sealing the deal. It was a shame he couldn't go.

I'm really not sure about this season finale; to me, their best one was the first season finale, because it stayed true to the basis of the show. I think things have off-railed a bit since then. Not jumped the shark, but... we've gotten away from the heart of what made the show fun.

Connington
2009-05-21, 10:26 AM
So, I'm a little confused. Did House not go through Detox at all, or did the hallucinations start with the hidden stash of Vicodin that he popped?

DrizztFan24
2009-05-21, 10:36 AM
I think the options left on the list were vicadin and schizophrenia weren't they? Since he is unable to detox at home he is going to the treatment facility and i suspect he will recieve psych help as well.

Archonic Energy
2009-05-21, 10:52 AM
So, I'm a little confused. Did House not go through Detox at all, or did the hallucinations start with the hidden stash of Vicodin that he popped?

IMHO the hallucinations started just after House got fired by cutty for being ... well himself. he went home, popped some Vicodin, Had a hallucination about him & Cuddy... came back to work the next day where Cuddy was still "annoyed" at him. he "annoyed" her off until... he snaps out of it and realised what he did.

so, no Detox. i think it was a bit of a downer & am wondering if Greg will actually be in it next series, they could just put Forman in charge.
i'm sure Wilson said the last 2 options open to him would make him lose his medical licence the only thing he cares about is the unsolvable puzzles that his job brings him.

Mauve Shirt
2009-05-21, 10:52 AM
Every House finale since the bizarre season 2 one (which I love) has involved House hallucinating in some way or another.
This isn't the series finale is it? 'Cause he has to somehow get back to normal (for him) by next season. His leg is never fixed for long, the people who try to leave the show never do. I can't help thinking that if the show is returning he's going to be addicted to something else.

Connington
2009-05-21, 11:14 AM
There's at least one more season, coming back in September. I am wondering if they're going to make a few episodes with House in the hospital and the team struggling without him, or if they're going to skip over rehab. Either way, there'll be a timeskip. Which isn't bad, since actors always age quicker than their characters.

Green Bean
2009-05-21, 11:23 AM
His leg is never fixed for long...

In the snapback's defence, the medicine behind the procedure made less sense than normal. Plus, Hugh Laurie apparently wanted to take a short break from the cane because it was giving him back problems.

Verruckt
2009-05-21, 01:44 PM
In the snapback's defence, the medicine behind the procedure made less sense than normal. Plus, Hugh Laurie apparently wanted to take a short break from the cane because it was giving him back problems.

Oh the delicious irony:smallamused:.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2009-05-21, 07:46 PM
@ Afro. I'd love to know why you think it's gotten away from the heart of the show. House is losing his mind, and we don't know why. It's inferred that it's due to the pills, but we don't know for sure. It's the ultimate medical puzzle, and medical mysteries is what the show is all about. This seems to me, to be the biggest one of all, and fits quite nicely I think. Yes, it seems in each season they get a little off of the medical things for a bit to add something else (which in the case of season 1 with Vogler, Stacy in season 2, etc. Although I didn't especially like the stuff with Tritter in season 3.) Speaking of which, the whole thing with Tritter and House's addiction in season 3 has gone over the addict thing before, which is why I really don't think the issue with House is too much Vicodin. For those who asked, the major hallucinations started with Cuddy helping him detox through the night.

Erts
2009-05-29, 12:42 PM
I have been a diehard House fan sense... March.
Still, I have watched most episodes, and all of the important ones.
And I have to say, I didn't like it as much as the rest of you.
Not that I dislike it! It was good, just not as good as I thought it would be.
It just seemed to be a "Well, screw this, really, it was a hullicination. That way, we can keep the sexual tension."

Still, the realization that House is going insane, that it was all a lie, and the sad ending scene with him going into a hospital was pretty good.

MichelleLBC
2009-06-25, 06:00 PM
I love this show! I think he will detox and come back to work. I am disappointed that House and Cudy did not really hook up, they would be a cute couple.

Phase
2009-06-25, 10:24 PM
The hallucinations began in earnest during the Season Four Finale, in fact. The major trauma he experienced there would be hard to overcome, ever. Throughout this season House has been exhibiting symptoms, minor ones at least. Remember the fifth episode, "The Itch"? Was that mosquito ever really there, or was House just hallucinating that, as well? This season has been an especially taxing, with Cuddy having her baby, and the hostage situation, and especially Cutner's suicide.

Eventually it was just too much to take in with his mental trauma, and everything began unravelling.

Mnymosene
2009-06-26, 02:38 AM
The boyfriend and I used to watch house together, but we both missed the finale and watched it separately once they put it up the website. Much calling was had, stating "I cannot believe this happened" and so on.

I do think House will be back at the hospital, though how officially and when I'm not sure.I think he very well may be out of medicine for a significant while.

skywalker
2009-06-26, 03:15 AM
I have been a diehard House fan sense... March.
Still, I have watched most episodes, and all of the important ones.
And I have to say, I didn't like it as much as the rest of you.
Not that I dislike it! It was good, just not as good as I thought it would be.
It just seemed to be a "Well, screw this, really, it was a hullicination. That way, we can keep the sexual tension."

Still, the realization that House is going insane, that it was all a lie, and the sad ending scene with him going into a hospital was pretty good.

This is pretty good analysis all around.

My girlfriend and her mom are big House fans. This, of course, makes me a big House fan, but there are a bazillion episodes they have seen that I have not.

I saw the Season 5 finale, and I thought it was pretty crazy, but it wasn't huge for me because I don't really get the context...

I've been meaning to rent all the seasons from Blockbuster this summer, but my summers have turned out more busy than my school years...