PDA

View Full Version : [3.5?] Finding a set of clothing...

Malacode
2009-05-20, 11:54 PM
No, my character isn't naked.
A while ago I came across some magical clothing that changed appearance whenever the user asked it. Didn't think much of it at the time, as I was playing a Sorcerer so I promptly forgot about it. Well, now I'm playing a stealthy infiltrator, and this item really fits the character concept well. Thing is, I don't remember what sourcebook it was in. Anyone have any idea where it might be, or am I imagining this mythical clothing?

TheDon
2009-05-20, 11:59 PM
Hmmm thought glamered would do it, but apparently it just takes your set of armor and changes it to look like clothing. Maybe your DM could rule it works, but don't think it does

Edit : correction

Coidzor
2009-05-21, 12:12 AM
It's basically a more limited hat of disguise with a different slot...hmm... Depending on the DM glamered armor (or just clothes, prossibly) could work, or if your hat slot was free, you could do a more versatile one where you can change your appearance or even apparent race.

lsfreak
2009-05-21, 12:18 AM
Shiftweave, MIC, a mere 500gp. Has 5 different outfits it can turn into. Need to get that for my assassin too, thanks for reminding me :p

Malacode
2009-05-21, 03:07 AM
Oh, brilliant! Thanks!

Asheram
2009-05-21, 06:41 AM
Shiftweave, MIC, a mere 500gp. Has 5 different outfits it can turn into. Need to get that for my assassin too, thanks for reminding me :p

ninja garbs,
generic guard uniform,
generic servants uniform,
wizards robes and
nobles outfit.

I've found these gets you in practically anywhere. ;)

Also, if you're a skill monkey, throw about 5 skillpoints each in profession; waiter and city guard, as well as 5 points in nobility/heraldry.
That should give you the neccesary jargon as well the ability to properly act as one.

Hamstwin
2009-05-21, 12:49 PM
If you're allowed to it, Vestment of Many Styles (Races of Ebberon 175) lets you change your clothing with a command word. You gain a +2 bonus to disguise checks involving costumes.

Also costs 500gp.