View Full Version : Vaarsuvius *prediction/spoilers/crackpot theories*

shadzar
2009-05-21, 05:34 AM
V will lose something in search for the power wanted.

What is the way that wizards take in order to gain more and more power?

Let's ask Xykon!

Me: How do you plan to gain masive amount of arcane power.
:xykon: Through many lifetimes of research and work.
Me: How do you plan to live many lifetimes?
:xykon: Live? I haven't been alive for 40 some odd years you fool!
Me: :smalleek: Ok, thanks for your time.

So lichdom is the natural process for a power hungry wizard.

So does this mean that the thing V will lose in search for power is mortality and become a lich?

Will V be able to surpass the crave for power after becoming a lich to become a good lich known as an archlich?

Are we looking at V vs X round 2 as a lich-off?

Could Belkar be the one to give the idea to V to become a lich, and thus result in V's death because of it?

:belkar: well if you want power so bad that you can beat Xykon, then why not just get power the way he did and become a lich yourself!

:smalleek:

If V should choose to become a lich/archlich, will V then use a doily as a phylactery?

MisterLeirus
2009-05-21, 05:37 AM
I thought elfs were already inmortal?

shadzar
2009-05-21, 05:51 AM
I thought elfs were already immortal?

:smallconfused: Do we have the ecology of the OOTS elf in one of the books I haven't read yet?

Elves to my knowledge have a finite lifespan, it just happens to be longer than most other demihumans.

Ancalagon
2009-05-21, 06:05 AM
Vaarsuvius is probably already older than Xykon... so... what's your point? It's Vaarsuvius fault he did not use the years he had to learn more and faster (going to be adventurer is the trick for gaining lots of xp in a small time).

Tempest Fennac
2009-05-21, 06:10 AM
V is 130 according to No Cure for the Paladin Blues and Xykon is a bit over 100 according to SoD. Elves reach Venerable at 350 according to http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elf and they can live for hundreds of years after that.

derfenrirwolv
2009-05-21, 06:33 AM
Do we have the ecology of the OOTS elf in one of the books I haven't read yet?

Somewhat. In Origin of PC's Haley and V have a conversation in the bar about how proficient human wizards are, and how its not fair a human is casting spells by age 18 while it took V till he was 60.

They also discussed other... downsides of taking that long to mature.

shadzar
2009-05-21, 06:52 AM
Somewhat. In Origin of PC's Haley and V have a conversation in the bar about how proficient human wizards are, and how its not fair a human is casting spells by age 18 while it took V till he was 60.

They also discussed other... downsides of taking that long to mature.

Is that where it was said elves take longer to learn spells cause otherwise with how long they live they would rules the world by now if they learned spells at the same rate humans can? So it actually takes more time for an elf to learn the same spell at the same level than it would take a human wizard?

Vaarsuvius is probably already older than Xykon... so... what's your point?

Its a theory, read it. Also your mention of V's actions and faults only strengthens my theory. :smallwink:

derfenrirwolv
2009-05-21, 06:59 AM
Is that where it was said elves take longer to learn spells cause otherwise with how long they live they would rules the world by now if they learned spells at the same rate humans can?

Yup. And V doesn't see a problem with elves taking over the world...

shadzar
2009-05-21, 07:01 AM
Yup. And V doesn't see a problem with elves taking over the world...

:smalleek: This only furthers to uncrack my pot theory.